Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Accomodations for MGS Vancouver 2013 Open

Mrs.Manbearpig

Hello everyone!

Dan and I noticed trying to sift through the Vancouver thread for accommodation suggestions is getting a little..... well, if you're like me I would rather NOT look for it. Let's keep this strictly for deals you or I find in accommodations AND travel to Vancouver for the June 3-5 trip.

I will try to put an addition on this everyday for you guys.

I would suggest the buddy system and going in on a place together to make this trip more economical for all you travelers. I'll be picking them in terms of easier access to the courses (NOT downtown Vancouver).

I would also like to see if any of you guys book these places, so don't forget to pick up the post with the location and let me know you've booked.

I'm out!.... for now.

This is where we house a lot of our execs from out of town. It's super close to my work and a great location in terms of golf and airport. There's a Golf Town a short walk away, Tim Horton's (that's good ol' Canadian coffee shop), a Moxies Bar & Grill close by a short walk away, 24hr Denny's downstairs (basically) if you get hungry, Chop Steakhouse downstairs (delicious!), Steve Nash Gym downstairs (if you want to get your work out on!), and if you want Boobies & Beer there's some scantily clad, but lovely ladies, at the Shark's club next door.

Sigh, not too too far away there IS a McDonald's and a Fogg 'N Suds bar.

Now the best deal I saw on their website was $189/night, but like I said we book our execs there so if there are a few of you interested please let me know and I can make a call out and see what kind of a deal they can give me.

Sandman Signature Vancouver Airport

Found this deal:

The BearPig Inn

Tight quarters

Price: free, meals included

All you can drink

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Um.... so Dan and I were curious so we looked up a train ride from Dallas, TX. Yeah....

Don't take the train from Dallas folks lol, looks like this.

Total Trip: 106 hours and 50 mins

Someone please explain this to me, so you gotta:

Take a train Dallas to Illinois

Take a bus from one stop in IL to another train station in IL

Take a train from IL to Sacramento, CA

Take another train from CA to Seattle, WA

Take another bus from Seattle to Vancouver.... WTF???

traindallas.JPG

Can someone show me how Amtrak thinks this is the best way?????

Because in Texas and the southwest , trains are used for freight. When you said take a train I though "Seriously? We are going to Vancouver not 1940."

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Holiday Inn Express - Riverport - around $112CAD - not really near anything but a Gold's Gym, ice rink, movie theatre, Subway Sandwich Place, Pub, Bowling alley, Old spaghetti factory restaurant

Holiday Inn Express - Bridgeport - around $130; walk to GolfTown, Tim H's and Costco

Hampton Inn - Bridgeport - around $122; walk to GolfTown, Tim H's and Costco

Abercorn Inn - Best Western - around $134; walk to GolfTown, Tim H's and Costco

Holiday Inn - St Edwards - around $130; Fogg N Suds downstairs, McDonalds, short walk to iHop/Sharks Club/Chop

Accent Inn - as low as $85; Bed N Breakfast deal at iHop for stays longer than 2 days; short drive/10 min walk to Golf Town and a bunch of restaurants and Timmie's (THIS IS THE BEST DEAL I'VE SEEN SO FAR!)

Haha the train- that's funny! Planes trains and automobiles!

The train system is kind of a joke. I recently looked into it for my work commute. I'm moving to Schaumburg (west Chicago suburb) and work in New Lenox (southwest Chicago suburb). It's about a forty five minute drive, but I'll have to pay about ten bucks a day in tolls and at $4/ gal for gas so I was thinking the commute could get stupid, so I thought- hey I could take the train!

Well, I would have to take an hour train ride into the heart of downtown (straight east and not straight south where my work is- the train doesn't go south lol) then, walk a couple city blocks and take another train from downtown and head southwest. For a grand total of like two and a half hours.

How can you expect people to take public transportation when it triples your daily commute time??? It's great if you are doing anything downtown but garbage for anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you boys want to stay? If there are 3 of us the basement is cheaper but if there are 4 than the house is cheaper. However when even for three people the house goes for $38 per night that is pretty cheap.

I'd like to throw my hat in the accommodations ring. I'm willing to join up on lodging.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Sounds like the house is a no brainer!

Do we get our own BR?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Right now there are three of us and 3 bedrooms. I asked about the wookie but she said no pets. :). Actually they so allow pets not that we will have one. I sent a message asking what was up beds were. It shows two of the bed rooms and they are double beds. I do not know about the third room.

I will throw this out there. I ain't sharing a bed with you. Now if it were Minnesota that is different. We would have to "snuggle" for survival. :).

Sounds like the house is a no brainer!

Do we get our own BR?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Right now there are three of us and 3 bedrooms. I asked about the wookie but she said no pets. :). Actually they so allow pets not that we will have one. I sent a message asking what was up beds were. It shows two of the bed rooms and they are double beds. I do not know about the third room.

I will throw this out there. I ain't sharing a bed with you. Now if it were Minnesota that is different. We would have to "snuggle" for survival. :).

No Wookie's????? Scandalous!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

To whom it may concern:

I have booked a flight. At this point the only known participants are me, Zalbert, and RP. There may be another but he has not PMed me or responded to my PM so I am proceeding without him. Not that he is not welcomed but someone has to be the first and I want that damned trophy.

Dallas (Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) to Seattle (SEA) 06/01/13 1:45 PM - 4:10 PM

Seattle (SEA) to Dallas 06/08/13 11:45 AM 8:40 PM

So here is the plan, this is slightly changed. But I will be arriving in Seattle at 4:10 PM on the first. That night we will drive, once everyone has arrived in Seattle that is coming, and head to Vancouver that night. It will be late when we get there but "They will leave the light on for us, eh."

I believe we should get the 3 bedroom house in Richmond. I have sent a message to the lady and two bedrooms have queen size beds and one has a double bed. As for if there are four of us, than we may do something else.

I envision getting up early on Saturday the 8th and hitching up the wagon and heading to the airport and getting there around 10 ish. This means getting up at 6 am but since that is just 8 or 9 o'clock where we live now that is not a big harry ass deal.

You can now make you plans accordingly. It turns out that my wife will be near the airport the Saturday we return and this saves her 4 hours of driving to pick me up or a hotel room. She will finish around 7 pm and I get in around 9 pm and we come home. This also means I can play golf here Sunday and since I can not play Saturday there, I will not be going two days without golf.

Gonna book my flight this week -- arriving Sunday AM in Vancouver -- gotta leave Thursday for baby girl's high school graduation. Lame excuse, I know....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 weeks later...

Archived