Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Ben Hogan Shirts in at Walmart

Kenny B

I had to go to Walmart yesterday to pick up a internet order and remembered the thread about Walmart having the Perry Ellis Ben Hogan apparel, so I thought I would take a look.  The spring collection must be in stock because they had three racks of shirts in all sizes.  I am not a big fan of the "performance" golf shirts that most of you guys like because they just seem to make me hot; I prefer cotton.  WELL, in addition to the synthetic material, I found a rack of Ben Hogan shirts that were 100% cotton!  Nice pima cotton feel, just like a high quality tee shirt.  Lots of colors too.  I bought one just to try it, and it is a little bigger feeling than the performance golf shirts of the same size.  Maybe to allow for a little shrinkage?  I'll let you know if I notice any shrinkage after I wash it.  But I will be going back to pick up several more; they are very comfortable and only $14.97.  

BH1.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I saw them in my Walmart during the week and I'll be buying a few more this year.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Crap. I was just in Walmart during the luinch hour. Wish I had read this sooner. :mad:

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks for the update Kenny,

I may stop by over the weekend and check them out. Nice shirts.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I looked online at WM and they have a big selection of Hogan apparel. I was going to go to one of my local stores but none them carry the stuff in stock. Figures. I wonder about the quality. Surely Hogan wouldn't put their name on crap-wear would they? The prices are... well, cheap.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

I looked online at WM and they have a big selection of Hogan apparel. I was going to go to one of my local stores but none them carry the stuff in stock. Figures. I wonder about the quality. Surely Hogan wouldn't put their name on crap-wear would they? The prices are... well, cheap.

I have a couple of Hogan shirts from Walmart that I picked up last fall.  They are very well made and are my favorites to wear.  I am wearing the new 100% cotton Hogan shirt today, and it is very comfy.  I am going back tomorrow and getting all the colors I like.  Time for a change and the price is great.  Don't tell Walmart but I would pay twice their price and still be happy.  I think Walmart and Perry Ellis have a contract; wonder how long before it's up?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'll second the quality comment. I got mine at the beginning of last season and they've worn extemely well. I expect to get a few years out of them. BTW, I have the "performance" polo's not the cotton ones.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

As things often go I was back at Walmart this morning to grab a few items in the garden center. I remembered the Hogan apparel and decided to go see if they had gotten any by chance. The other day the local WM website indicated they didn't. Well, they do. They had an assortment of Performance shirts and Performance shorts. No cotton. I bought one white shirt to try out. The shirt was $15.97. It's lightweight and 100% polyester. The shirt had three tags one of which I liked because it had the iconic photo of Hogan's one iron shot. This particular shirt touts "Powerspan" which means flexible shoulder seams. Additionally, the shirt claims PowerWick moisture wicking and PowerBlock solar protection. I think all these so called performance type shirts claim wicking. So you can see by just reading the tags this shirt packs a lot of Power. I can use it. Two interesting touches I found was on the lower left sleeve stitched the Ben Hogan signature and the buttons were etched with Ben Hogan. Kind of cool. Also inside the shirt close to the bottom hem was the fabric tag with an extra button attached. I'd say for this type of shirt the quality looks as good or better as any others I have including some that were more expensive. As for the shorts I didn't particularly like what I saw but the selection was small too. For me and the climate I live in I prefer the performance shirts over cotton. I used to be strictly a cotton man. However, for shorts I prefer cotton. I've tried a couple pair of performance shorts but they felt like swimwear to me.

I hope I can avoid seeing these.

I have so many shirts I don't know what to do with them all. I even wear them for work and I can't make it through my closet.

If I see them I'm going to feel like my wife must feel when she sees things that are inexpensive and buy them because they are so reasonable.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

I went back last week and picked up 5 more, 2 performance and 3 cotton. I washed the cotton shirt at the start of this thread twice now and other than some green lint in the dryer the first time, it still looks great. Maybe a little shrinkage, but not much. The performance shirt is actually the first one of this kind that fits well and feels good.

Archived