Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

SCOR Wedge Replacement $$

Kenny B

I was talking to Ben Hogan Golf today about a question regarding the VKTR hybrids that I am testing, and I changed the subject to the SCOR wedges.  I remembered a post by @revkev in the short game struggles thread...

As an FYI I have SCOR wedges and am very concerned about what will happen when they wear out.  I've learned to use the multi purpose soles to their fullest advantage.

I was told that Ben Hogan Golf has a deal for loyal SCOR wedge owners.  For every club you buy to replace your SCORs, Ben Hogan Golf will give you $50 trade-in.  So, if you replace 4 SCOR wedges, they will give you $200 off your new purchase.  This offer is only available through Ben Hogan Golf and not through stores.

If you are thinking about replacing your SCORs, the TK wedges might be a good replacement as they have the V-sole like the SCORs.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Now that is a small consolation when you need to replace the SCOR's .......$50 is a nice discount off of $149......Thanks Ben Hogan.  When mine wear out I'll get in line.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

@Kenny thanks for the heads up. That's great news

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

@Kenny thanks for the heads up. That's great news

Sent from my VS986 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hit up PGA Superstores and see if they have your exact specs available, you might be able to get a replacement set at the runout price before they're all gone. Another option would be to get your many MGS contacts to check what's in their local store, you'd probably have every store covered.

Of course, Kenny's heads up is good to know about.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Another thought, if you can't get the shafts you use in the heads you want, you may be able to swap the shafts out of your current wedges when the heads are worn out, as long as the heads match.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Last month I picked up replacements for all my SCORs with the same Genius9 shaft off the Bay from GlobalGolf.  They are not new, but were listed as Very Good, and they are very acceptable.  I'm set for awhile although my 54 has just about lost the finish on the sole from all my bunker play.   :blush:

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived