Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2018 PGA Show

StrokerAce

Is the F8+ a low spin head?  I need the help getting the ball up however I don't need help drawing the ball.  If the regular F8 has the draw bias then I'm thinking the F8+ might be a better option for me. Especially if the face is set up square. 

... Both heads set up square but the F8+ is definitely lower spin with the weight in the front. The trade off is, it is not as forgiving and that is one of the reasons TM went away from the SLDR with weight only up front. Most OEMs have gone to movable weights that you can put in the front or rear like the Epic/Rogue SZ, the M3 and the F8+. So high speed, high spin players have an option but most will opt for more forgiveness and mid/low spin with the weight in the rear.

... But the F8 is also relatively low spin compared to many others. The slight draw bias in the F8 is there only if you put the heavier weight in the heel. With the heavier weight in the rear, it is a neutral head. These two heads do not have the obvious differences of past Cobra + drivers when the + models were 440cc's and had a very different look, sound and feel. The F8+ is 460cc's but does look more compact at address. Some will find similar spin with the F8 and F8+ with the weight in the rear position and then it comes down to personal preference. One thing I love about the moveable weight in the F8+ is I will play it in the rear the majority of the time, but if I am playing a links style course with a lot of wind I will move it to the forward position. In that case lower spin will be more important than forgiveness. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Both heads set up square but the F8+ is definitely lower spin with the weight in the front. The trade off is, it is not as forgiving and that is one of the reasons TM went away from the SLDR with weight only up front. Most OEMs have gone to movable weights that you can put in the front or rear like the Epic/Rogue SZ, the M3 and the F8+. So high speed, high spin players have an option but most will opt for more forgiveness and mid/low spin with the weight in the rear.

... But the F8 is also relatively low spin compared to many others. The slight draw bias in the F8 is there only if you put the heavier weight in the heel. With the heavier weight in the rear, it is a neutral head. These two heads do not have the obvious differences of past Cobra + drivers when the + models were 440cc's and had a very different look, sound and feel. The F8+ is 460cc's but does look more compact at address. Some will find similar spin with the F8 and F8+ with the weight in the rear position and then it comes down to personal preference. One thing I love about the moveable weight in the F8+ is I will play it in the rear the majority of the time, but if I am playing a links style course with a lot of wind I will move it to the forward position. In that case lower spin will be more important than forgiveness.

Which weights are you using? Have you tried any of the additional weights from Cobra?

Did you get the fairway wood also? Same weight set up you have in the driver?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

... I ordered the F8 Tour Length so the 16gm weight will be in the rear and the 6gm weight in the heel. I will also be using the 16gm weight in the F8+ at 44.5". The F8 fairway wood just blew me away at the show so yes, I will be playing the 5/6 because the rails are a little more pronounced than the 3/4 and it was just awesome from almost any lie. I will set it at 17.5* which is really a 4 wood. 1/2" short so playing length will be the same as all my fairway woods have been at 42.5". Even Flow Blue 65 in my driver and Even Flow 75 in my fairway wood. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... I ordered the F8 Tour Length so the 16gm weight will be in the rear and the 6gm weight in the heel. I will also be sing the 16gm weight in the F8+ at 44.5". The F8 fairway wood just blew me away at the show so yes, I will be playing the 5/6 because the rails are a little more pronounced than the 3/4 and it was just awesome from almost any lie. I will set it at 17.5* which is really a 4 wood. 1/2" short so playing length will be the same as all my fairway woods have been at 42.5". Even Flow Blue 65 in my driver and Even Flow 75 in my fairway wood.

Man it's getting really hard to not pounce on the f8+

... Even Flow Blue 65 in my driver and Even Flow 75 in my fairway wood.

Every time I read about this shaft, this gets stuck in my head:

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 1 month later...

It was called TransRover. And can be seen again in a video at transrover.com

I agree it was the most promising tech item this year.

Hope it gets produced.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thank you for the link. I just watched his video and this thing looks pretty cool!

:cobra-small: King F8 9 deg w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 stiff shaft

:callaway-small:  XR 16 3 Wood S Flex

:cobra-small:  Fly-Z 3/4 Hybrid S Flex

:cobra-small:  King F7 One Length 5-PW S Flex

:cleveland-small:  CBX Wedges 50, 54, & 58 deg wedge flex

:cameron-small:  Select GoLo Putter

Archived