Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tour Experience Golf (TXG) on YouTube

Matt - have your tried the MTB Black? It's the newer version of the MTB you tested in the video

Yes, I've been playing the MTB, which I have loved, and want to confirm that the test was on the discontinued MTB and not the newer MTB black or red...

I need to order another six dozen and am about to order the mixed dozen to try...

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've been playing the MTB, which I have loved, and want to confirm that the test was on the discontinued MTB and not the newer MTB black or red...

I need to order another six dozen and am about to order the mixed dozen to try...

Based on on the ball they showed others looked like the original MTB

That's what I thought I saw too.

<p>In my bag: Ping G LS Tec 9* Tour 65 Stiff, Cobra F8 3-4 wood HZRDUS Yellow 6.0, Calloway 21* X Forged Utility iron (steel stiff), Ping G30 white dot 4-9 Stiff 110 gm KBS tours  Scor 48,52,56,60 Wedges, Nike Method Core MC3</p><p>

I think I need the black over the red. I still hit it pretty far with the driver and consequently spinny misses are really penal...

Special shout out to Rob on the Oncor being a part of the test, that's all down to you leaving us a sleeve during your visit. I also tried them when I played yesterday, seemed to perform quite nicely as far as I could tell.

Ha. You're welcome. I was wondering if those were the ones I left behind. Glad you tried them in the test and on the course. They stood up very well against all three of the other balls.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I had never even heard of the Oncore before I watched the video. I currently play Pro V1's and just recently bought a box of TP5's. Would like to also try the Chrome Soft, Bridgestone and Srixon's before season is over. Never played Srixon but have heard good things and damn that $20 per dozen price is tough to beat.

Prior to the Oncore, I had never tried a DTC ball. It just seemed like a good one to try first and I like it a lot. Although the Snell was pretty impressive in the testing as well.

But you are right when Srixon runs that half off promotion, there isn't a better ball for the money, hands down.

Matt - have your tried the MTB Black? It's the newer version of the MTB you tested in the video

Haven't yet, to be honest I hadn't tried any of those brands prior to that test. And I believe you're right, it was the previous generation Snell not the new ones, I'll have to confirm with Ian.

Pinnacle ?!!!!!???!?

GTFO...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yep, it is actually our 2nd biggest seller in the shop behind ProV's    I would say 75% of our customers fall into two categories

1) Where are your ProV's, I'll take a dozen.

2) What's your cheapest ball, I'll take two dozen!

No. 2 comes from the casual golfer who plays two or three times a year and gets to the course and realizes they don't have any golf balls.  Or the guy who is playing in his annual scramble and buys a dozen before going out--and sometimes another dozen at the turn  :o

Haven't yet, to be honest I hadn't tried any of those brands prior to that test. And I believe you're right, it was the previous generation Snell not the new ones, I'll have to confirm with Ian.

The Snell Red/Blacks were just released in Canada not that long ago, so probably many people haven't had a chance to try them yet. Oncore I don't think is on many Canadians radar because after the exchange rate and shipping cost, it's probably closer to $50/dozen (if not more). That's just not a deal. I have heard great things about Cut balls but they don't ship to Canada. And we didn't even get the K-Sig up here.

Free healthcare we may have, cheap golf balls we do not.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

The Snell Red/Blacks were just released in Canada not that long ago, so probably many people haven't had a chance to try them yet. Oncore I don't think is on many Canadians radar because after the exchange rate and shipping cost, it's probably closer to $50/dozen (if not more). That's just not a deal. I have heard great things about Cut balls but they don't ship to Canada. And we didn't even get the K-Sig up here.

Sounds like another reason for me to come back up to Toronto to bring my friends some Oncore supply, oh that and to go through a wedge and putter fitting at TXG!

With the HQ of Oncore being so close to you, it's so odd that it's that difficult--expensive--to get them 

Those near western New York could get a wegmans card and buy oncore for $25/dz in the store

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Nice to see a comparison on the hybrid and driving irons. I plan to replace my 3i with one this season just don't know which

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Comparing the results on the latest video to the wedge spin video I would put the Srixon Q-Star Tour on par with the DTC balls tested.  Retail they are $30 a dozen but when they have the buy 3 dozen get 1 free deal going it drops to about $22.  Other than the original K-sig it would be hard to find a better performance/value ball.   My estimate is the Q-Star Tour and the MTB would be very close in launch and spin.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Hey Rob, let me know if you ever decide to sell your g400max driver head ;)

Will do. But there may be an auction for it. Two guys in our league are interested.

But I have to ask. Aren't you like glued to that F8+

Will do. But there may be an auction for it. Two guys in our league are interested.

But I bet you're probably looking to unload some P790's? :D 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Haha the F8 fairway wood for sure. Driver has treated me well but the g400 series intrigues me

But I bet you're probably looking to unload some P790's? :D

I may very well be!!

Haha the F8 fairway wood for sure. Driver has treated me well but the g400 series intrigues me

Gotcha!! It is very good. Waiting to see how much better the SFT will be for me when I'm not sweating bullets after 170 some odd shots.

Went back and watched some of your older videos today, and it makes me feel like I have never really been fit for clubs. And I've been through a full bag fitting at Club Champion...

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

Went back and watched some of your older videos today, and it makes me feel like I have never really been fit for clubs. And I've been through a full bag fitting at Club Champion...

There's TXG fittings, and then there's everyone else. 

There's TXG fittings, and then there's everyone else. 

Those guys are indeed impressive. Rob, how has the game been since your fitting? G400 LST treating you good? Irons?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Those guys are indeed impressive. Rob, how has the game been since your fitting? G400 LST treating you good? Irons?

Thanks for asking and checking in!

It's been ever improving, the first week back was bit ugly during a couple rounds, but I stuck with it and was committed to the changes.   last week showed some good signs of improvement, both in ball flight, and results as I took 1st place net in our weekly mens league, and during the process, birded the toughest par 5 on the course with a great drive and a pin seeking 9 iron from 130 yards that left me 8 feet for the birdie and better yet $18 skin!!

The irons are in the works still, can't wait to get them in.   Haven't ordered the driver (SFT..not LST) yet, but I did order the  Fujikura Pro 2.0 shaft I was fit for to be installed in my G400 Max, going to try that first and if need be, I can sell/trade the 400Max in for the SFT with the same shaft, or just buy the 400 SFT head out there and put the Fuji shaft I was fit for in it. 

Man, the lighting and picture quality alone is the best I've seen on Youtube, and I watch a lot of Youtube!

Good find, thanks for sharing.

WITB:

Driver: Cobra F6 (10.5*) + Project X HZRDUS Black -1"

Utility: Cobra KING Utility Black One Length (21*)

5I-GW: Cobra KING F7 One Length

SW: Mizuno MP T5 (56*)

LW: Mizuno MP T5 (60*)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie (Black)

Man, the lighting and picture quality alone is the best I've seen on Youtube, and I watch a lot of Youtube!

Good find, thanks for sharing.

Yep, that and the overall production quality when I watched my first one, was what stood out and kept me coming back, and then the content on top of it just makes for the best golf channel on YouTube IMO, bar none. 

It's been ever improving, the first week back was bit ugly during a couple rounds, but I stuck with it and was committed to the changes.   last week showed some good signs of improvement, both in ball flight, and results as I took 1st place net in our weekly mens league, and during the process, birded the toughest par 5 on the course with a great drive and a pin seeking 9 iron from 130 yards that left me 8 feet for the birdie and better yet $18 skin!!

The irons are in the works still, can't wait to get them in.   Haven't ordered the driver (SFT..not LST) yet, but I did order the  Fujikura Pro 2.0 shaft I was fit for to be installed in my G400 Max, going to try that first and if need be, I can sell/trade the 400Max in for the SFT with the same shaft, or just buy the 400 SFT head out there and put the Fuji shaft I was fit for in it. 

My burst on the model mix up! I knew you were fitted to the SFT like I was, I just wrote the wrong model down, sorry.

Keep us updated as the gear shows up and big congrats on the 1'st place and the awesome skin! :D

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

It's been ever improving, the first week back was bit ugly during a couple rounds, but I stuck with it and was committed to the changes. last week showed some good signs of improvement, both in ball flight, and results as I took 1st place net in our weekly mens league, and during the process, birded the toughest par 5 on the course with a great drive and a pin seeking 9 iron from 130 yards that left me 8 feet for the birdie and better yet $18 skin!!

The irons are in the works still, can't wait to get them in. Haven't ordered the driver (SFT..not LST) yet, but I did order the Fujikura Pro 2.0 shaft I was fit for to be installed in my G400 Max, going to try that first and if need be, I can sell/trade the 400Max in for the SFT with the same shaft, or just buy the 400 SFT head out there and put the Fuji shaft I was fit for in it.

Could you have walked out of there with either the driver or the irons or did they both have to be ordered? That's a long way to go to not get some instant gratification.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Could you have walked out of there with either the driver or the irons or did they both have to be ordered? That's a long way to go to not get some instant gratification.

You know that's a better question for Matt on how it goes for the majority of their fittimgs. But I'm guessing like mine most components, head, shaft grips need to be ordered. If you think about how many people they are fitting to very specific specs, it would be impossible to have all every head, every shaft, grip available on the spot.

Think of it as being fit for a custom suit by a Tailor. He's not going to build it and fit it on the spot. He may even have to order the material.

My instant gratification was the fact I knew I had been fit to clubs that we're going to improve my game AND had received PGA Professional swing instruction all in one half day.

Waiting a few weeks for the clubs while the anticipation is surely high, is well worth the process.

You gotta demo one at your club's next demo day. Just seems like I can't miss fairways anymore. I don't get the random bomb balls that I was getting with my Epic, but I'm playing less from the trees and LOVING it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Archived