Branded or non branded stand bag

Our Sponsors

I have a friend that is a Mizzy nut and has all Mizuno gear in a blue and white Mizzy bag.

Myself, I have a Sun Mountain Sync bag to go with my SM speed cart with 6 brands of clubs. I also have a Titleist stand bag I use for the range. It does match a 3w and my irons but I bought it when I had Tommy Armour 845's

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once I get a check for sponsorship from a manufacturer I'll have a branded bag - until then........

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I've never worried about brand matching. For years, I carried a Titleist bag with just a Vokey lob wedge in it. I lucked up last year and found a forest green Sun M

So, when I played in high school, my carry bag was a red Mizuno with no Mizuno clubs in there. Currently I've got a Puma bag, mostly full of Cobra, so slight cross promotion there. My theory on bags h

Once I get a check for sponsorship from a manufacturer I'll have a branded bag - until then........

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

I like to have plain/ discrete branded equipment and apparel that can match in with everything else. My bag goes on my push cart when I play and it's carried around the range hence why I went with a Bagboy Hybrid stand bag in black. Best of both worlds.

Have a look at Vessel if you want your own tour spec custom bag.

• Like 1

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

I use the bag I like. Have had a SM C-130 for three or four years now and when it comes time to check it, I will look into PING and Cobra bags (which have scored well the past years) among others even though I don't have a representative from either company currently in my bag. Play what you like and think looks cool

Edit: forgot I have the Cobra Utility iron remember kids: a redhead is just a blonde with high blood pressure

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You're crazy! 🤣

I never gamed a Nike club in my life and my far and away best bag was a Nike. I loved that bag -

Buy the bag that best suits your needs.

• Like 3

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

So, when I played in high school, my carry bag was a red Mizuno with no Mizuno clubs in there. Currently I've got a Puma bag, mostly full of Cobra, so slight cross promotion there. My theory on bags has always been to buy cheap and effective for my needs, brand be damned.

However, I understand the mental part though for some of you to want that continuity with clubs and bags. It makes you feel more professional and that can be a boon to your game if that's the way your brain is wired. It just isn't for me.

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 15*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 18.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

:nickent-small: Pipe

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2019)

I think all in all I dont like bags from the manufacturer of the clubs I play. That is why I have used Sun Mountain but of course I want a great bag that will serve my needs. I rarely walk anymore because my friends prefer to ride but I love stand bags just because of their functionality I had a cart bag for a bit but returned it nothing like putting on a green and hearing your bag topple over with a grand worth of clubs in it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I have both, branded for that brands clubs, 1 for whatever clubs, to me its like having a ol Ford & putting a Chevy engine in it... that's just blasphemy.

LOL I am going off topic for a minute but that is expected of me--- Back in the day there was a guy running around Charlotte NC in a 66 Mustang Fastback. Had a light bulb painted on the trunk or hatch lid with the statement  "Ford has a Better Idea Powered by Chevy" He in fact had a built Chevy small block 350 in it. My Frankenstein creation in those days was a 64 4 door Rambler with a 327 Chevy in it

• Like 1

Driver Homna  G1- X Stock Homna Regular shaft

4 wood Adams Tight Lies 

20* Hybrid Adams Boxer Ozik Matrix R shaft

24* Hybrid Adams A 10-OS Pro Launch Red R

Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW- Macgregor LRA 56* S-400

Putter 1997 Santa Fe rusty as heck

LOL I am going off topic for a minute but that is expected of me--- Back in the day there was a guy running around Charlotte NC in a 66 Mustang Fastback. Had a light bulb painted on the trunk or hatch lid with the statement "Ford has a Better Idea Powered by Chevy" He in fact had a built Chevy small block 350 in it. My Frankenstein creation in those days was a 64 4 door Rambler with a 327 Chevy in it

Can understand the Rambler but the Mustang. Should be taken away from him

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm pretty much the same way. I don't want a Ping bag with Mizuno clubs, unless it were the special order with a non-Ping screen print on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

Looks like I'm in the minority, but I've never worried about brand matching. For years, I carried a Titleist bag with just a Vokey lob wedge in it. I lucked up last year and found a forest green Sun Mountain 2.5 with no SM logo on it. No logo. I couldn't believe it.

Oh, and I wore a Callaway hat when I played today, with no Callaway clubs in my bag. The hat is green and gold, and I'll wear anything green and gold (Go Tribe!).

I guess I'll be very brand consistent throughout the bag soon, but I'll still wear my green and gold Cally, TM and Ping hats.

W&M huh? Check out the profile of my second Twitter account @bucketsandbirds

We will have some fun conversations when we get together to play.

• Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

I have always carried a Ping bag, but last year I went with a Titleist Ultralight bag. The brand doesn't really bother me but rather look for a bag I like.

• Like 1

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

W&M huh? Check out the profile of my second Twitter account @bucketsandbirds

We will have some fun conversations when we get together to play.

You cover the CAA? Then you've witnessed our MBB's futility up close. It's killing me.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Iron - :mizuno-small: FliHi (18*) - Recoil 760 ( S )
4i - GW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
SW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I hear ya. When looking for my current stand bag, I wanted to steer clear of the branded bags (as nice as some of them are). My thing is that I don't play "big name" irons but I'm definitely not ashamed of that. In fact they get a lot of curious attention and questions because they're not in a "club brand" bag but they really do look nice. I don't want to give the impression that I'm trying to play something that I'm not. There are other really nice options out there that don't have to be club brands. i.e. Datrek (current bag), Sun Mountain, Ogio, etc. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

I hear ya. When looking for my current stand bag, I wanted to steer clear of the branded bags (as nice as some of them are). My thing is that I don't play "big name" irons but I'm definitely not ashamed of that. In fact they get a lot of curious attention and questions because they're not in a "club brand" bag but they really do look nice. I don't want to give the impression that I'm trying to play something that I'm not. There are other really nice options out there that don't have to be club brands. i.e. Datrek (current bag), Sun Mountain, Ogio, etc.

What bag did you get

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

What bag did you get

I went with the Datrek Go-lite Hybrid. So far I've got no complaints. Very sturdy and durable with the right amount of features. I was really lucky and found one on Offer Up that was literally new for $60.. It may have been hot.. JK (hopefully)

• Like 1

:cobra-small:  F8+ 9*/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:adams-small:  Tight Lies2  3 wood (14*) / UST ProForce V2 Black (S)

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 / Lamkin Sink Fit 

Have a Datrek DG Lite II; minimal graphics, very functional and only about 4.5 lbs. Not a big fan of me having to pay to advertise for big OEMs, either.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

I honestly don't worry about bag branding. I have a cart bag by Adam's, a stand bag by TaylorMade, and a staff bag by Wilson Staff. If I likes it, I'll use it.

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Cobra F6

Fairway: Cobra F6 3/4

Hybrids: Wilson Staff D100ES (4 & 5)

Irons: Wilson Staff C200 (6i to GW)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX (52, 56, and 60°)

Putter: Happy Putter Blade

I'm gonna give Datrek a look.  I don't really like carrying around my Nike bag anymore since I don't have any Nike clubs.  I'm also looking at Sun Mountain.  I just like my bag to match at least one club!

• Like 1

:ping-small:   :taylormade-small:   :srixon-small:   :cleveland-small:   :wilson_staff_small:   :OnCore:
'16 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Srixon F65 4W 17*
Ping G Crossover 18*
Ping G Crossover 24*
Taylormade RSI2 6-PW
Taylormade Milled Grind 52* (bent to 50)
Cleveland Zipcore 56*
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Oncore Elixr