Mid-Atlantic: NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA

Our Sponsors

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I have played a bit for around 2 years, but really began to pick up the game a lot more in the past year.  I have managed to get to an 8.4 handicap as of right now, but I think I am honestly more of a 10.  Usually shoot anywhere from 78-85.
  2. What do you love about golf?
    The mental aspect.  Allows me to be competitive within myself. It's a release from the rest of life.  Also as a former lacrosse and hockey player, its a bit easier on my back and hips haha.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    Don't know any other spies, but have been following the youtube channel as I have worked to put a second hand bag together via ebay and such and figured it was time to get involved!

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    From Central New York (Syracuse).  Try to play all the courses in that area!

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best: Lots of nice courses to choose from

Worst: you ain't playing all year long in one of the snowiest cities in the US

6. What do you do for a living?

Still a student actually- preparing for my lacrosse days to end and ready to exchange for the golf sticks .

7. How’d you pick your user name?
a nickname my buddies have given me.  Utilizes my last name and a homage to the great Kimbo Slice (RIP).

Excited to be here.

Edited by Zimbo Slice 12
  • Like 2

Driver:default_taylormade-small.jpg.7261af28af5ff1c291b0cc05a9d9285e.jpg 2017 Taylormade M1 w/ Tensei CK Blue 60 S Shaft
3w:default_mizuno-small.jpg.53d0e81fbaf5c93bffca28dc6fe15a88.jpg Mizuno GT 180 15 degree w/ Tensei CK Blue 60 S Shaft
3H: default_ping-small.jpg.55bc8955cd3f9db9084a49fa2d8186d6.jpgPing g400 19 degree w/ Alta CB 70 Stiff
4-PW: default_mizuno-small.jpg.53d0e81fbaf5c93bffca28dc6fe15a88.jpgMizuno MP-63 w/ True Temper S300
Wedges: default_titelist-small.jpg.920d52649433e5fee234ad27e55c0091.jpgVokey SM7 52F, 56M, 60M
Putter: default_cleveland-small.jpg.2a5a328012300c4d34355e56e5490ae4.jpgCleveland Huntington Beach SOFT 1
Ball:default_srixon-small.jpg.9b0fc8a90c9d2064823de4fef895a1bf.jpg Srixon Z-Star

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What’s up guys. With my brain and game on quarantine it felt like a good enough to officially start posting.    im based in Brooklyn, play mostly public golf in the New York area but got a car

Hi,   I've been playing golf for about 15 years now. It happened by accident as I never thought I would be this addicted to the game. Not to mention waste a Saturday and Sunday afternoon watching

How long have you been playing golf? A; Since I watched Tiger dominate the field at the 97 Masters! What’s your handicap or normal score? A: according to the new GHIN it is 4.8 index, after this

Posted Images

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?    Been playing since 2010.  Handicap is 14.5.  90 is the standard. 

2. What do you love about golf?  Time away from the madness of work, kids, and overall grind.  Provides an opportunity to be competitive with myself and others.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Watch a ton of the youtube videos and just realized the lab is only is hour away in my home state of Virginia.  MyGolfSpy provides objective data driven feedback which is always welcomed in the world of fancy golf equipment and tech.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Mechanicsville, VA.  I play a bunch of budget friendly courses.  Probably play The Crossings the most.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best:  Public courses typically in good shape and put the effort into the greens (not as much into the fairways).  Plenty of affordable public options within 20 minutes with layouts that are not to exhausting to walk.  Worst:  Cart fees are expensive and twilight rate hours are later in the day.

6. What do you do for a living?  Project Manager (Mechanical Engineer)   

7. How’d you pick your user name?  Physics Geek.  Newtons Second Law. 

• Like 2

:cobra-small: Driver: F9, 10 degree, Stock Stiff 

:cobra-small: 3W: BioCell, 13.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 2h: F8, 17.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 4h: F7, 21.5 degree, Stock Stiff

:cobra-small: 5-GW: F8 One Length, Stock Stiff

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 56 degree, S Grind

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 60 degree, M Grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot Pro D.A.R.T (In search of a new putter for slight arc stroke)

:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour 2020 / Z-Star 2019

Hey All You Spies glad to be here so here goes,

I'm Jim from Morris Plains, NJ and am looking forward to spending some time on the site and hopefully getting into some good discussions. I really like all the content here and hope I can add to the discussions. I am a little bit of a tinkerer so this should be fun.

1. I have been playing golf for 30 years now and i am carrying a +1 at the moment.

2.  What I love most about golf is the competition and the every changing conditions you encounter.

3.  Been checking out the site from time to time so with all the down time lately I thought id give it  try. I don't know any spies but hope to meet some local ones.

4.  I live in Northern NJ and try to play many places but recently been playing Galloping Hill with some buddies.

5.  Best thing about this area is all the world class courses and all I have had the luck to play . I guess the short golf season is the biggest draw back but we sure do have some amazing courses here.

6.  Right now I'm not working but I was in the 3D Motion Capture business mainly with baseball.

7.  I enjoy the game and the competition but would love to start playing more, the last few years work kept me from playing much.

• Like 1

Jim B WITB

Driver TM.jpg.b296331d9173898ec17ad2741c8f845c.jpg M5 9.0* Aldila Rogue MSI 125 TX

Fairway: Titleist.jpg.764138bc1d11fb33a2cfa7ed9c47cc5d.jpg 904F 15* Accra SE80* M5

Hybrids: Srixon.jpg.aa71c273be23edd129c62050d7bb4b19.jpg Z U85 2 & 4 KBS Tour X

Irons: Srixon.jpg.109ae2418f62389adb4840acf273c059.jpg Z Forged 5 - P KBS Tour X

Wedges: Titleist.jpg.7243b2ec8b6637512af10c41b34f35d2.jpg Vokey Design SM7 50-12F, 56-14F, 60-12D KBS Tour X

Putter: Rife Long Mallet 45"

On 7/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, ballplayer002003 said:

I have often times wanted to learn to fly!  My cousin is a pilot for United, and I know a few private pilots but I have always wanted to learn...it would make golf trips a lot easier!

It's almost as addictive as golf, but ten times as expensive.

We're in the process of finding an aircraft for some charter/air taxi since currently the airplanes are all managed (owned by someone else). The plus side of that is all of the financial risk is on someone else. The down side is I can't really just take a plane to go do a golf trip, see a ballgame, go skiing, head to the beach, etc. I think you're 100% right on making golf trips easier if you have your own plane, something more affordable than most realize.

How’s it going fellow Spies? New member here. A friend and fellow spy recommended the site and so far I’m really impressed. Looking forward to reading future product reviews and scrolling through members’ posts. 

How long have you been playing golf and what is your handicap/normal score?...

I’ve been playing golf on and off for almost  35 years but more consistently over the past 5 years or so. My current handicap is 14(ish)...normally shoot mid 80’s.

Why do I love playing golf?...

I’ve loved playing golf since I was in high school but over the years, work and family obligations limited outings so improvements in my game have been sporadic. I do like the independence-being solely responsible for controlling personal successes or challenges within ones game. Also, there’s nothing like hitting that amazing, pure shot to keep you coming back.

What brings you to MGS? and Do I know any other spies?...

Mentioned earlier that a friend (and fellow spy) recommended the site. Like the non-biased, informative reviews. I think there are a few other spies I may know.

Where are you from? and What is your home course?...

Currently live in Delaware. We play all around Delaware. Don’t really have a “home course” but play Maple Dale GC often. I’m also in a league at Jonathan’s Landing GC.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?...

I’d say the best thing about the region is the proximity to many courses within Delaware. Additionally, there are great courses in surrounding states within a couple hrs drive. The downfall affecting golf here is the lack of elevation changes (Delaware is pretty flat) and also the weather/change of seasons which often affects the quality of continuous year-round play.

What do you do for a living?...

I retired after serving 23 yrs. in the Air Force. Worked in civil service for several years and I’m currently between jobs.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Skelly said:

How’s it going fellow Spies? New member here. A friend and fellow spy recommended the site and so far I’m really impressed. Looking forward to reading future product reviews and scrolling through members’ posts. 

I’ve been playing golf on and off for almost  35 years but more consistently over the past 5 years or so. My current handicap is 14(ish)...normally shoot mid 80’s.

I’ve loved playing golf since I was in high school but over the years, work and family obligations limited outings so improvements in my game have been sporadic. I do like the independence-being solely responsible for controlling personal successes or challenges within ones game. Also, there’s nothing like hitting that amazing, pure shot to keep you coming back.

Mentioned earlier that a friend (and fellow spy) recommended the site. Like the non-biased, informative reviews. I think there are a few other spies I may know.

Currently live in Delaware. We play all around Delaware. Don’t really have a “home course” but play Maple Dale GC often. I’m also in a league at Jonathan’s Landing GC.

I’d say the best thing about the region is the proximity to many courses within Delaware. Additionally, there are great courses in surrounding states within a couple hrs drive. The downfall affecting golf here is the lack of elevation changes (Delaware is pretty flat) and also the weather/change of seasons which often affects the quality of continuous year-round play.

I retired after serving 23 yrs. in the Air Force. Worked in civil service for several years and I’m currently between jobs.

Finally!!!!!!  Took you long enough.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

7 hours ago, Skelly said:

@AceBino look, it's #2

• Like 1

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

New spy here Mike

Rochester, ny

Typical score: 77-84 I grew up playing golf in my childhood stopped playing for over 10 years and now I've been playing the last 2 years as much as I can.

I Love trying to get better at something the self accountability you get what you put in I really also missed competition after playing sports I needed something competitive in my life.

I have been reading My golf spy for years love their attention to detail and their groundbreaking studies. I listen to the podcast as well. I know no one on here

I don't have a home course I play the local municipal courses twin hills timber ridge and ravenwood most of the time.

Best Thing in Rochester is the amount of courses we have there are a ton and by some great designers too like robert trent jones worst easily is weather

I am a manager at a auto service center

Screen name came from me being a father to my son Michael Jr and I actually had my 2ndchild a little girl born today.

Clubs:D: Mizuno st190 stiff 9 degrees played at 10 3W: TM M4 stiff 15 degrees 3H: Tour Edge EXS stiff 19 degrees Irons: 4-PW Srixon Z565 stiff Wedges: 50 Ping glide 2.0 stiff, 54 Vokey SM6 stiff, 58 Vokey SM6 stiff all clubs standard length and lie Putter: Odyssey toulon columbus/Taylormade spider tour platinum. Right handed Rochester, Ny

1. I had a 9 Iron that I used to hit in my grandparents backyard after school when I was a little kid . I played my first round on a golf course when I was 14. I took up the game seriously when I was 25. I'm currently a 9.3 but I'm working hard to break 7.0 before it gets to cold to play much. 

2. It's pretty much the perfect pastime for me. I get to walk in nature, get my competitive juices going, and the feeling when you hit that ridiculous 200yd cut around the corner and onto the green just can't be matched anywhere. 

3. Ive been using the review's for a while. Just thought I would join the conversation 

4. Charlottesville Va, Meadow Creek Golfcourse 

5. Central Virginia is Beautiful and there are great reasonably priced golf courses all around. The weather can be hot in the summer and cold in the winter but Virginia is hard to complain about. 

6. I was in the restaurant business, now I'm looking for new opportunities..

7. Its a play on an old teachers name. 

• Like 2

Taylormade R15 9.5 deg

Titleist 913f 15 deg 

Titleist 913h 19 deg

Titleist 913h 24 deg

Mizuno MP H5 5-PW

Vokey SM5 52deg, 56deg, 60 deg 

Scotty Cameron Kombi  

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing for 26 years and current handicap is 13.4

2. What do you love about golf?  There are a few things I love about playing golf. No matter how long you play or how good you get you will never matter it.  I love the feeling of a pure strike that flies and lands exactly how you planned.  Finally I love that I can enjoy a round of golf with friends and a few beers.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  A web search brought me to MyGolfSpy. I don't know any other Spies but look forward to meeting some. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?  I'm from York, PA and my home course would be Cool Creek in Wrightsville. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Best- nice courses at reasonable rates.  Worst- courses can get a bit crowded leading to longer than normal rounds

6. What do you do for a living?  In retired law enforcement and currently working in manufacturing

7. How’d you pick your user name? A combination of my name and an important number. 

• Like 1

Hit'em long and straight! 

On 7/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, MikesaileSR said:

New spy here Mike

Rochester, ny

Typical score: 77-84 I grew up playing golf in my childhood stopped playing for over 10 years and now I've been playing the last 2 years as much as I can.

I Love trying to get better at something the self accountability you get what you put in I really also missed competition after playing sports I needed something competitive in my life.

I have been reading My golf spy for years love their attention to detail and their groundbreaking studies. I listen to the podcast as well. I know no one on here

I don't have a home course I play the local municipal courses twin hills timber ridge and ravenwood most of the time.

Best Thing in Rochester is the amount of courses we have there are a ton and by some great designers too like robert trent jones worst easily is weather

I am a manager at a auto service center

Screen name came from me being a father to my son Michael Jr and I actually had my 2ndchild a little girl born today.

Congrats on the baby girl! I've got in-laws up in Rochester and play up there when I get the chance. Quite a few really nice golf courses around there. 

• For over 25 years.  8.2 index

• The competition and always trying to get better

• I've been hear for years but my account got all outta wack

• Jeffersonville, PA.  Jeffersonville GC

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Too many private courses that I cant find a way on to.  My home course is a Donald Ross original.

6. What do you do for a living?

• IT Consultant

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Has to do with college

Driver: TM M5 Tour Issue (got lucky in a trade), Fuji Ventus 6x (velocore)

3W: Tour Edge Exotic CBX, GD Tour AD-IZ 7x

Hybrid: 19* XCG7 Matrix Red Tie S

3 iron: Tour Edge Exotic CNC TT DG S300

5iron-PW: Mizuno MP18 MMC TT Elevate Tour X

Wedges: Mizuno T20 51*, 56*, 60* TT DG Tour S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Circa 62 Model no. 1 34"

• 4 weeks later...

hey everyone. new guy here from queens, NY

1. How long have you been playing golf?  two whole months! my dad has been trying to get me to play for years, and i finally gave in back in July out of covid boredom 

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? i’m about a 22 handicap currently  a good round for me is in the mid 90s

3. What do you love about golf? i’m a former athlete (D1 baseball and nationally ranked weightlifter) and i love that golf is a competition against yourself  

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? every time i read up on new golf gear i inevitably landed here  i figured i might as well join 

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? i’m from queens, ny  i don’t have a home track, but i mostly play Eisenhower Park  

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? it’s tough to come up with a best  i think to find really good golf, i’ve gotta drive upstate a bit  i’ve got a few of those trips planned now that i’m into it  the worst is definitely how crowded public courses are.  

7. What do you do for a living? commercial real estate

8. How’d you pick your user name? just thought it was funny. i’ve belonged to a few forums and always try to go with a theme-appropriate pun for a handle

1. How long have you been playing golf?  

• Since I was about five. Golf has always been a huge part of my family

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? 

• 14.5 and typically I shoot in the upper 80's

3. What do you love about golf? 

• I love being outside as well as the constant drive to imrpove.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 

• As an engineer I love the technology insight and MyGolfSpy never shied away from in depth data or technology of the industry.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? 

• I am from New Jersey and my home course would be Raritan Valley Country club where I caddy at on the weekends.

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? 

• The best thing would be the over abundance of public courses all within an hours drive. The worst would be its difficult to play in the winter.

7. What do you do for a living? 

• I am a mechanical engineer for an optics company in north jersey. I work around the corner from the driving range so I am able to practice for about a half hour during my lunch break.

8. How’d you pick your user name? 

• I am and have been a caddy for the past 10+ years. 

• Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 Plus 9° -HZRDUS Smoke Yellow (S  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 3 Wood 15° Ventus Black 7S

5 Wood: :cobra-small: Offset SZ Hyper Steel  Stock (Lite Flex)

4-AW: :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 Nippon Modus 120 (S Flex, Std Lie, +1/2" Length)

56°:  :vokey-small: SM4 56° Loft,  8° Bounce

60°: :macgregor-small: VIP 60°

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Sanita B 

Shot Tracking: :Arccos:

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite 

On 2/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Mid-Atlantic Region

New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1.  I have been playing golf around 15 years
  2. I love that golf requires constant work to get better and is always evolving. I also enjoy the fact that it is one of the few sports where the equipment is advancing forwards as advancements in engineering and materials are further developed.
  3. I want no biased information in the golf industry. The biggest eye opener to me was the ball test and the fact that not all balls in a box of dozen will be conforming, let alone even be round which is basically the definition of a ball.
  4. I'm from Middlesex, New Jersey and my home course would be Raritan Valley Country Club which is the course that I caddy at.
  5. The best thing about golf is the large amount of public courses in the area to play at and some of them do stay open in the winter as well. The worst thing though is the fact that it can be so cold that the ground gets frozen in the winter and you can't really get a tee in the ground when that happens.
  6. I'm a Mechanical Engineer for an optomechanics company in northern New Jersey. So I design mounts to hold mirrors to redirect light in lab experiments. My goal is to work for a golf company and get to design products in the golf industry to help further the game in the future. I have even designed manufactured a putter as a personal passion project of mine.
  7. I picked my username because I wanted to keep it simple.
  • Like 1

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G410 Plus 9° -HZRDUS Smoke Yellow (S  Flex)

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 3 Wood 15° Ventus Black 7S

5 Wood: :cobra-small: Offset SZ Hyper Steel  Stock (Lite Flex)

4-AW: :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 Nippon Modus 120 (S Flex, Std Lie, +1/2" Length)

56°:  :vokey-small: SM4 56° Loft,  8° Bounce

60°: :macgregor-small: VIP 60°

Putter: :ping-small: Scottsdale TR Sanita B 

Shot Tracking: :Arccos:

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour BX

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer Lite 

Happy to introduce myself and lokkkng forward to great feedback from the group regarding Golf in the North East. 

Quick intro: I moved to Long Island (Suffolk) in March and have been exploring the golf scene since. Mostly public courses but, have been lucky enough to get on a few private courses as well. 

1. I’ve been playing g for about 20 years, starting regularly in college. I play at about a 10 index. 

2. I love the competitive nature of the game, while having to hold yourself accountable. It’s truly a test of self discipline. It also combines a social aspect that is like no other sport. Lastly, I enjoy seeing what amazing golf architects can do in carving beautiful course out of the environment they are working with. 

3. Have been reading my golf spy reviews for years. Figured it was a good place to get into the forums and find out some more info about the golf in the hood.   

4. South Shore Long Island. Been spending most of the summer playing at Timber Point in Great River, NY. 

5. The Golf in Long Island is world renowned. It’s amazing golf, but the problem is it’s only a 6 - 8 month season, depending how brave you are. 

6. I work in the Bev-Alc business as a Commercial Manager. 

7. I’m not creative, it’s my name. 

- Kevin E

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing for 23 years but I've gone through a few periods where I didn't play (2002-2005, 2008-2011, 2018-July). When I was playing competitively, I was down to a +3, but at the moment I'm a 2.5 mainly because I only play once a month.

Obsessing over gear, exploring new places and courses, meeting new people, the endless challenge to get better.

I've known about MGS since its early days. I'm very active on another forum but MGS has grown a ton so I wanted to check it out!

I'm in the Washington, DC area. I play most frequently at Laurel Hill Golf Club which is about 30 min south of the city.

I've only been playing in DC for a few months, but I'm disappointed with the quality and expensiveness of public courses. I also don't like the shorter season compared to Atlanta where I used to live.

I'm a financial economist.

What's the good word?!

As I mentioned, I only started playing again in the last few months so I'd love to make some new playing partners!

Edited by Yellow Jacket

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B80X, 18* Diamana D+LTD 80X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

1. I've been golfing for about 15 years, though very few rounds the last 7 years....now that I'm not active duty I'm golfing more often though! Current handicap is 19. 

2. The thing that brings me back to golf round after round is the fun I have challenging myself to beat the course.

3. The thing that made me sign up to MyGolfSpy was seeing that their HQ is in my neighborhood, figured I had to be a member of something local and so quality focused. I've been referencing their reviews for a while though. 

4. I reside in VA, home course is Deer Run.

5. The best thing about golf in my region is that you can golf most of the year, which is great because my least favorite part is the crazy heat in the summer here....glad I get those early spring/ late fall rounds to enjoy. 

6. I'm in the IT field
  7. My username is one I won't forget!
  • Like 1

John Russell

Irons: stiff shaft, standard loft/lie Nike VRS Covert 2 4-pw

Driver: 10 deg, stiff shaft Ping G400 

3/5 woods: Adam's Tight Lies 2 with stiff shafts.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 33inch

Wedges: Cleveland CBX 56deg, and Cleveland 588RTX 60deg.

Ball: I'm loving the Titleist DT TruSoft. It seems to be stopping on the greens well, and feels soft and pure on even a decent strike. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Ive played off and on since childhood but never seriously. It was a once every few week type of thing. Since covid hit this year ive used it as an excuse to get out of the house and decided to join a local club. Best decision ever. Now i play 4 times a week, bought new clubs and enjoy every minute of it. My handicap probably started the season around a 28 or worse as i was scoring 110 and now its down to a 16 as im starting to consistently break 90

2. What do you love about golf? pretty much everything. Its relaxing, good exercise and every day is a new day. I can't think of many things that require such consistency and bring so many variables to the table.

3. Where are you from? What is your home course? Kingston and im a member at wiltwyck in NY

4. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Most of the courses around here aren't too expensive and theyre mountain courses being in the catskills with great views. The worst thing is going to be the winter months

5. What do you do for a living? Nothing exciting, data entry and sport officiating 

6. How’d you pick your user name? Ive always liked the oxymoron of frosty blazy

7. i dont think i know anyone that uses this forum but i joined because of an article that popped up on my google feed about testers for new ben hogans

Hello everyone!

1. I have been playing golf for about 3 years, though really taking it seriously in the last 2 years.  My normal score is between 100 and 110. 

1. I love the feeling of having a strategy and executing it. being outside. when you hit a shot that just feels perfect and the results are similar. The challenges the sport provides are a real test of patience, forces you to really build a complete game piece by piece. 

1. i am a science brain/technical person through and through. I found the site reading articles trying to learn the basics of golf and improvement. as I am looking into getting my first club upgrades I could not find a better resources out there. I do not know any spies my golf community right now is very small just my brother in law, a coworker or two. 

1. I am from Southern NJ, don't really have one just yet but Pennsauken Country Club is the closest bet for me. 

1. hard to say since I am still fairly new ... I like meeting new people from different walks of life who share golf as a common interest. I am not a big fan of the cost of rounds compared to the quality of courses. Courses around here are often packed to the gills and slow play really hurts the experience. not enough reasonable 9 hole prices/options around here either, for a newer golfer it would be nice to be able to drop 15 to 20 bucks get 9 holes in, and move about my day. 

1. I work in the Aerospace industry. 

1. a long long time ago that was a nickname given to me while playing video games, guess it stuck 😃

Driver: :callaway-small: Callaway XR-16 (S  Flex, Used)

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Steelhead XR (S Flex, Used)

4-5 Hybrid:  Adams Tight Lies (Used)

5-PW: Acuity?Top Flight? (no idea, gifted)

52°: :callaway-small: MD3? (bounce/flex?, Used)

56°:  :callaway-small: MD3? (bounce/flex?, Used)

60°: :callaway-small: MD3? (bounce/flex?, Used)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Triple Track - 2 Ball putter (first new purchase!)

Bag:  :taylormade-small: 

Dexterity: Right Handed