Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Awesome @CSplain - my dad used to live in Concord but has since moved back to GA for retirement.  Grew up going to a TON of races at Charlotte Motor Speedway!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

2 minutes ago, CFreddie said:

Awesome @CSplain - my dad used to live in Concord but has since moved back to GA for retirement.  Grew up going to a TON of races at Charlotte Motor Speedway!

Love it! 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST - Triple Diamond S

3 Wood: Callaway Maverick Sub Zero

2 Iron: Sub 70 699 Pro

Hybrid: Titleist 585 H 21*

Irons: PXG Gen4 0311T

Wedges: Sub 70 286

Putter: Jailbird 380 *hinge face*

Welcome @CSplain! Lived in Statesville for a few years and really enjoyed the area.

TSR1, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, 6-S

TSR1, 15*, HZRDUS Black, 5.5 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT HYBRID 17/Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022)

Welcome to mgs!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Hello everyone I’m Jeff and I’m from Beaufort, SC, I just started golfing, so any and all pointers or tips or tricks or suggestions are welcomed, I’m a veteran of the Marines and I have pleasant point and royal pines that are close to my House

Jefferey Ingram

25 minutes ago, JIngram04 said:

Hello everyone I’m Jeff and I’m from Beaufort, SC, I just started golfing, so any and all pointers or tips or tricks or suggestions are welcomed, I’m a veteran of the Marines and I have pleasant point and royal pines that are close to my House

Welcome to MGS!  Thank you for your service!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

29 minutes ago, JIngram04 said:

Welcome Jeff - you've come to the right place!  Thank you for your service!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

2 hours ago, JIngram04 said:

Welcome to the MGS Forum! You won't find a better group of members with a love of the game anywhere.

ELIXR (2022)

22 hours ago, CSplain said:

Hey MyGolfSpy! I'm CSplain. I'm from North Carolina. I've been playing since I was about 7 or 8. I'm 30 now and play casually along with a few tournaments per year. I go between +1 - 2.5 as a handicap. I hit the ball a long way and wedge game is nasty but I SUCK at putting. I mean terrible. Glad to be here. 

Welcome!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST R Flex

3 Wood: TaylorMade Razr

Hybrids: Callaway Rogue Max 3 - 5

Irons: TaylorMade M5

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 52, 54/Titleist Vokey M6 56

Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7

R.jpg

Greetings from Burlington, NC.  Welcome to the forum.

• Mizuno ST-Z driver, Fujikura Motore X 6-S
  • Srixon ZX 3-wood, Evenflow Riptide 6-S
  • Cleveland 21-degree utility iron
  • Srixon ZX7 irons 5-PW, Pro Modus 3 120-S
  • Mizuno 50 gap
  • Cleveland RTP Zipcore 56
  • Odyssey Tri-Hot 1 putter, Stroke Lab
  • Maxfli Tour or Srixon Z-Star

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf for less than 2 years now. I started only playing a couple times a month and now almost weekly. I'm going to start lessons soon because I enjoy the game and the atomosphere, but no one loves doing something they suck at. I'm at a 30 handicap now and I'm usually in the low 100s. I have yet to break 100 but hopefully with lessons and fine tuning my game, that will change soon.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside. I grew up hiking, fishing, camping, and hunting. Golf allows me to be outdoors even in a city. Also, who doesn't like having beers with your friends while ribbing each other over terrible shots.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I love reading the reviews of different golf equipment and the tests they do. It'd be cool to hear any tips from other users on what I can do to improve my game.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Colorado, but I am in the Army now so I move around a lot. I started playing when I lived in Texas, but now I'm in Augusta, GA. My home course is the one on post, Eisenhower Lakes Golf Course. Its a great 27 hole course, but I wish the driving range was better. It's not bad for he price though, $6 for a bucket of balls. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is year round golf. The worst thing would probably be mid-afternoon tee times in the summer, brutal heat and humidity from 11am-3pm.

What do you do for a living?

I'm an officer in the US Army.

How’d you pick your user name?

I slice the ball off the tee (fore right) and pars are so rare they're like birdies to me.

Thanks,

Steven C.

3 hours ago, fore_right_bogey_left said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf for less than 2 years now. I started only playing a couple times a month and now almost weekly. I'm going to start lessons soon because I enjoy the game and the atomosphere, but no one loves doing something they suck at. I'm at a 30 handicap now and I'm usually in the low 100s. I have yet to break 100 but hopefully with lessons and fine tuning my game, that will change soon.

What do you love about golf?

I love being outside. I grew up hiking, fishing, camping, and hunting. Golf allows me to be outdoors even in a city. Also, who doesn't like having beers with your friends while ribbing each other over terrible shots.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I love reading the reviews of different golf equipment and the tests they do. It'd be cool to hear any tips from other users on what I can do to improve my game.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from Colorado, but I am in the Army now so I move around a lot. I started playing when I lived in Texas, but now I'm in Augusta, GA. My home course is the one on post, Eisenhower Lakes Golf Course. Its a great 27 hole course, but I wish the driving range was better. It's not bad for he price though, $6 for a bucket of balls. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The best thing is year round golf. The worst thing would probably be mid-afternoon tee times in the summer, brutal heat and humidity from 11am-3pm.

What do you do for a living?

I'm an officer in the US Army.

How’d you pick your user name?

I slice the ball off the tee (fore right) and pars are so rare they're like birdies to me.

Welcome to the Forum!

ELIXR (2022)

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome aboard!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for 1 year.  my current handicap is 22.  

What do you love about golf?  I have found it is a great way to relax from the stress of my job and spend time hanging out with my wife.  She plays as well.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Found the site when searching for a review on various golf items.  As of now I do not know anyone else here.  

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Valdosta, GA and my Home course is CircleStone Country Club located in Adel, GA.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We can typically play year around here as it is never too cold.  (that is the best part)  The bugs of South GA are awful, I don't mind the extreme heat but the bugs will carry you away here.  (this is truly the worst part, lol).   

What do you do for a living?  I am a High School History Teacher and Soccer Coach.  

How’d you pick your user name?  Comes with the job.  

Driver: PXG 0211 11 

3 Wood: PXG 0341 xf gen 4

Utility: PXG 0317 xf gen 4

Irons: PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-G

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 & 56

Putter: PXG Bat Attack

"If you eat a live frog each morning, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long."

34 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for 1 year.  my current handicap is 22.  

What do you love about golf?  I have found it is a great way to relax from the stress of my job and spend time hanging out with my wife.  She plays as well.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Found the site when searching for a review on various golf items.  As of now I do not know anyone else here.  

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I live in Valdosta, GA and my Home course is CircleStone Country Club located in Adel, GA.  

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We can typically play year around here as it is never too cold.  (that is the best part)  The bugs of South GA are awful, I don't mind the extreme heat but the bugs will carry you away here.  (this is truly the worst part, lol).   

What do you do for a living?  I am a High School History Teacher and Soccer Coach.  

How’d you pick your user name?  Comes with the job.  

Welcome to the Forum!

ELIXR (2022)

Welcome Coach!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Grew up around the game but did not take it seriously--Consistently since 2016. HC low of 8, currently playing around an 11.

What do you love about golf? It's a great way to enjoy time with friends and family and I love all the technical properties of clubs and variations of gear.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Wanting some feedback on club makeups which I will post later.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Morganton, NC--Mimosa Hills GC.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Ability to play decent courses all year, but the greatest mountain courses I play, such as Linville GC, close during the winter months. 

What do you do for a living? Ophthalmology Admin/Quality work with my MBA.

How’d you pick your user name? Had it on platforms since I was 12--incorporates my favorite guitar player. 

default_ping-small.jpg.9f02fa6fb68f6bb9b6a4f9e12a1ad8da.jpg G425 9.0 Driver: Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 S

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.png.47a8bdca4f7ada74bdbca88b1252f2d9.png Sim 2 16.5 4w: Fujikura Ventus Blue 75 S

default_ping-small.jpg.58c5c749389ff8d7c2bbef0785ff0c74.jpg G430 7w: Ping Chrome 65 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.c582defdbf30afbfc6daaed45594990e.pngGen 2 0811 4H: Fujikura Pro 85 S

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg TSR2 5H: Project X HZRDS Red 85 S

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png.70d0971d1cb119b4c524ed52223a24c4.png 0211 DC 6-G: KBS TGI 80 S

Cleveland.jpg.b864b0bf721691b75cd50b9ee634890e.jpg.b6dc20b7fb31f49c6385d2e9299c52ec.jpg CBX2 Zipcore 54, 58: Project X Catalyst Spinner 80 

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.8322028c7f1b45ccb91b50a4025fe7b2.gif 2022 Select Newport 2

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg   ProV1 X

default_titelist-small.jpg.096c9fd83c209f544d30f64ec6ae48eb.jpg  Links Legend Members Bag, Black from Linville GC

1 hour ago, slash25rc said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Grew up around the game but did not take it seriously--Consistently since 2016. HC low of 8, currently playing around an 11.

What do you love about golf? It's a great way to enjoy time with friends and family and I love all the technical properties of clubs and variations of gear.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Wanting some feedback on club makeups which I will post later.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Ability to play decent courses all year, but the greatest mountain courses I play, such as Linville GC, close during the winter months. 

How’d you pick your user name? Had it on platforms since I was 12--incorporates my favorite guitar player. 

Welcome to the Forum!

ELIXR (2022)

15 hours ago, slash25rc said:

Welcome!!!

Hello Everyone! 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I have been playing golf on and off for most of my life. I was exposed to the game at an early age but never truly fell in love until I was in my mid-20s. I have been playing pretty regularly now for the last 2-3 years. My handicap currently is probably close to a 15 but the lowest I have gotten it to was an 11.8 last summer before my annual buddies trip. Normal score is 82-86.

2. What do you love about golf?

• What I love most is the games ability to bring people from different places, walks of life and experiences together. You can learn alot about a person on a golf course. Starting as complete strangers and potentially walk off as life long friends.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I have been lurking around MyGolfSpy for the last few years. most looking at reviews and the testing data. It wasn't until recently that I finally decided to try and become more active with the community.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

• Originally I am from Richmond, Virginia but have been living in Augusta, Georgia for the last 4 or so years. My buddy group loves to jump around to all the local publics in the area, so locking myself down to a specific course is kind of tough. If I had to pick a "home course" it would be Bartram Trail Golf Club as it is a personal favorite. it helps that I get around there pretty well.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Best Part - The amount of hidden gem courses and the conditions.
  • Worst part - Specific to Augusta. Though we have a fair amount of public courses to play, the new courses that are popping up and going full private. This is kind of frustrating as the local traffic is what keeps a lot of the courses around here alive. Now a course like Champions Retreat can survive off of purely tourist play while maintaining a small membership but its truly said that in the 4 years that I have lived here' this was the 1st year that we had a "locals" rate during tournament week. This was at one of my favorite courses and only at that course.

6. What do you do for a living?

• I work in Process and Data Management. Cant really go into more than that.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

• Life long nickname and my gamertag on Xbox back in the day. I go by Mango, so feel free to use that.

15 minutes ago, OJ_Mango said:

Hello Everyone! 

• I have been playing golf on and off for most of my life. I was exposed to the game at an early age but never truly fell in love until I was in my mid-20s. I have been playing pretty regularly now for the last 2-3 years. My handicap currently is probably close to a 15 but the lowest I have gotten it to was an 11.8 last summer before my annual buddies trip. Normal score is 82-86.

• What I love most is the games ability to bring people from different places, walks of life and experiences together. You can learn alot about a person on a golf course. Starting as complete strangers and potentially walk off as life long friends.

• I have been lurking around MyGolfSpy for the last few years. most looking at reviews and the testing data. It wasn't until recently that I finally decided to try and become more active with the community.

• Originally I am from Richmond, Virginia but have been living in Augusta, Georgia for the last 4 or so years. My buddy group loves to jump around to all the local publics in the area, so locking myself down to a specific course is kind of tough. If I had to pick a "home course" it would be Bartram Trail Golf Club as it is a personal favorite. it helps that I get around there pretty well.

• Worst part - Specific to Augusta. Though we have a fair amount of public courses to play, the new courses that are popping up and going full private. This is kind of frustrating as the local traffic is what keeps a lot of the courses around here alive. Now a course like Champions Retreat can survive off of purely tourist play while maintaining a small membership but its truly said that in the 4 years that I have lived here' this was the 1st year that we had a "locals" rate during tournament week. This was at one of my favorite courses and only at that course.

• Life long nickname and my gamertag on Xbox back in the day. I go by Mango, so feel free to use that.

Welcome, I’m Guy from Social Circle, Georgia right up I 20 .

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

Welcome aboard

15 hours ago, OJ_Mango said:

Hello Everyone! 

Welcome to the Forum!

ELIXR (2022)