Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

5 hours ago, sporto923 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

- I started playing when I was young but didn't continue as other sports took over.  Started playing more serious and consistent again about 6 years ago.  My handicap is currently at a 10.6 and usual scores are in the 80s.

What do you love about golf?

- Golf has been a great avenue to meet people who have a like minded hobby.  I have made some great friendships through the game.  There is no better way to spend a nice summer day then being outside on the golf course, unless its on a friends boat 🙂

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- I like that MyGolfSpy test everything equal, are unbiased and doesn't fold to the brand pressure in the golf industry.  I also started following MGS when I was putting together a sim build as they provided lots of great information and a helpful community.  I know a handful of other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

- I am from Royal Oak, MI which I saw a couple other spies are located here or are in close proximity.  I have been lucky enough that my home course is Detroit Golf Club.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- As many have mentioned the worst is the shortened season due to weather.  However, it is very tough to beat summer golf in Michigan, especially if you head to northern MI.

What do you do for a living?

- I work as a Manufacturers Rep in the automotive industry.

How’d you pick your user name?

- This was my original screen name back when AIM was around and I have continued to use it 

Welcome to the forum sporto923 from one not too far away from your location.

Also saw your home course, and I have played there in the past as a guest of a friend of our family when both he and my Dad were still alive. Many years ago.

Also I worked in the past with your current club president, or I believe that is his title? Keith S. to keep somethings confidential.

A great group here, so look around and feel free to add comments or ask questions in the many topics here.

Be sure to also check out the "Good Morning" topic for a great start to your day.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

I've been enjoying the forum for just over a year now, so I think it's time to introduce myself in the regional thread! 😆

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I played golf starting at age 14 and played a lot in high school. After high school I only played 7 times in the 16 years! In the fall of 2021, some friends asked me to be in a scramble and since then I've been hooked. My handicap is a 7.4 and my scores average in the upper 70's to mid 80's.

What do you love about golf?

I love the process of trying to get better, that I was able to golf with my grandfather and I can golf with my children, and being outside.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I initially went to MGS for the ball test results because I thought the testing and data provided was fascinating. Then I was in the market for some new irons and found the forum through my iron research. I do not know any other spies personally. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I live in a small town south of Jackson, Michigan. I'm not a member at any course, but the courses I play the most are The Grande, Cascades, Hills Heart O' the Lakes, and Devil's Lake.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The worst thing is definitely the wintertime, but other than that, my area is in the wind belt and we can get some crazy wind conditions. Then I drive 30 minutes north or south and it's calm as can be. The best thing is that there are so many courses and each one has a different style and character.

What do you do for a living?

I'm a Protection Engineer for power generation facilities throughout the state of Michigan. I design the protection systems that keep the personnel and equipment within the plant safe and prevent catastrophic failure.

How’d you pick your user name?

College nickname.

WITB:

Driver:  PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.pngGen4 0811X (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_35px.png.0d6d0e557d5c18a58903aaf05ed572ff.png3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.ee163b621006ac6c8fc2c744c029c0e7.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:  Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png  286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: Sub70.png.2184b0ad55dd6cf5d54509b60c419e6b.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:  Vice_logo.png.729a77999807d43babe4f3f658d6165c.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_35px.png.20ce36ace6486597a4b0794c46c1fd5c.pngTour S

Pushcart: clicgear_logo.png.44ad85f06b123725c8fca94cb49899a3.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

On 2/9/2024 at 2:50 PM, rkj427 said:

Welcome to the forum sporto923 from one not too far away from your location.

Also saw your home course, and I have played there in the past as a guest of a friend of our family when both he and my Dad were still alive. Many years ago.

Also I worked in the past with your current club president, or I believe that is his title? Keith S. to keep somethings confidential.

A great group here, so look around and feel free to add comments or ask questions in the many topics here.

Be sure to also check out the "Good Morning" topic for a great start to your day.

I hope you enjoyed your time at DGC, there is currently a really good membership group there.  If you ever are looking to play it again let me know.  Always looking to play and meet new people.

- DT

Wisconsin

1. I have been playing golf for 15 years.

2. I love golf because it gets us outside in nature and it surrounds us with fun people.

3. I don't know any other spies. I came to MyGolfSpy to keep up with the industry and hear what others have to say about certain products or topics in golf.

4. I'm from Green Bay WI "GO PACK GO BABY", and would say I don't have a home course. I am on the St. Norbert College Golf team and we practice out at Green Bay Country Club.

5. The Best (Whole State: The State how Wisconsin is rich in public golf while offering some of the best options for golfers who have the budget to play some nice courses.

6. Full-Time Student, this summer I will be a Superintendents Intern

7. Mix Wisconsin with a part of me and obviously golf.

Ping G425 Driver | Callaway Rogue LST 2-wood | Ping G400 3 Hybrid

Ping G425 Crossover 2-Iron | Mizuno MP-18 4-PW

Vokey SM9 50 & 56 degree

Scotty Cameron Red-Xs (center shafted) 15 inch Winn Grip

1. How long have you been playing golf?

Seriously for about 5 years.  Used to played once or twice a summer as a kid with my dad and brother.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

3. What do you love about golf?

As I had to hang up the boxing gloves, it allows me to scratch the competitive itch in a body friendly way 🙂 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Enjoy reading the product tests and reviews.  I don't know any spies in real life, but I bet they are out there lurking in the shadows.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Metro Detroit, MI.  DGC

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The amount of quality courses within a 3 hour drive. The weather in season is usually great.  The off-season can be cold and long.  It would be nice if there were more indoor facilities to help keep your game sharp while there is snow on the ground.

7. What do you do for a living?

Structured Finance

8. How’d you pick your user name?

I've played bass for 25+ years and my main bass is a 5 string Lakland.

43 minutes ago, lakland5strng said:

1. How long have you been playing golf?

Seriously for about 5 years.  Used to played once or twice a summer as a kid with my dad and brother.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?

3. What do you love about golf?

As I had to hang up the boxing gloves, it allows me to scratch the competitive itch in a body friendly way 🙂 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Enjoy reading the product tests and reviews.  I don't know any spies in real life, but I bet they are out there lurking in the shadows.

5. Where are you from? What is your home course?

Metro Detroit, MI.  DGC

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The amount of quality courses within a 3 hour drive. The weather in season is usually great.  The off-season can be cold and long.  It would be nice if there were more indoor facilities to help keep your game sharp while there is snow on the ground.

7. What do you do for a living?

Structured Finance

8. How’d you pick your user name?

I've played bass for 25+ years and my main bass is a 5 string Lakland.

Welcome to the MGS forum from another in your area.

Be sure to look around the forum and check out the various topics and threads, and maybe create a WITB (What's In The Bag) so other members can learn and interact with you.

This is a great group of friendly people with a common interest in golf here.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 2/15/2024 at 9:35 AM, WiscoWarpGolf said:

Wisconsin

Welcome to the forum. Hope you get some great info and are able to share as well. I grew up in WI and graduated from Point, many years ago. Welcome.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet