Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Midwest: MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, WV

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since 14 but was also playing baseball from then until 30 so golf was always backseat maybe played 4 to fives times a year plus a couple of scrambles for the last 4 years I have been grinding down from 15 to 5 normal score is probably 75

What do you love about golf?

Well now it's just an addiction and a chance to get the competitive juices going. Always trying to get better.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Just a place to talk more about golf. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

From cincinnati ohio home course is Bel-Wood Country Club and current Club Champion

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Seasons would be the worst part of golf in the region I love firm fairways and greens and it hard to get that in Ohio. My dad put in a HD Golf simulator 2 years ago so I have not gone more than 2 weeks without swinging since then.

What do you do for a living?

Production Planning for manufacturing company

How’d you pick your user name

Solely based off my love for the dodgers

Edited by DodgerBlue27

:callaway-small: Paradym Triple Diamond 9.5° ProLaunch Red 65 X-stiff

:srixon-small:  MKII 18° DI KBS tour 135 X-stiff 

:callaway-small: 4-pw X forged CB - KBS tour 135 X-stiff 

:callaway-small: 52, 56, 60 - Jaws S-grind kbs tour V125 stiff

:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Seven 

:vice: Pro Plus Red 

1. I've been playing golf for about 15 years, although didn't play much throughout my twenties due to being a poor student. My handicap is currently 3.4 and my goal is scratch

2. I love being out in nature, hanging out with buddies, and enjoying the beautiful weather. I also love being competitive against myself and pushing myself to get better.

3. I saw a bunch of their reviews online on my road to becoming a better golfer and the more I dug into it, the more I love this website! My friends are all aware of it but I'm the only contributing member in my group. 

4. I'm from Hamilton, Ontario Canada. We currently have a membership at Mystic Golf Course near my house which is fun course with a lot of unique holes. I love that it makes you hit every club in your bag. 

5. The best thing is the Spring excitement and getting out for your first rounds of the year with the whole summer to look forward to. The worst is seeing the season come to an end and knowing you won't be able to play for 4-5 months. 

6. I was a GM but currently between roles. 

7. This was my username in University and so I've adopted it full time. 

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Edited by Wieskemp

Driver:   Stealth 9* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Fairway:  Stealth 3W 15* w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
Irons:   

• P790 2 Iron w/ XS Hzrdus Smoke Black
  • P790 4-6 Iron w/ Project X
  • P770 7-AW XS w/ Project X 

Wedge:   MG3 56* and 60*
Putter:  35" Spider GT Splitback

A big shout out to all you new Midwest forum members. Welcome. I trust you'll find the forums as enjoyable and informative as I have. Welcome aboard.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Started playing about 20 years ago, played on our schools mid school and high school golf team. Then stopped playing till about 6 years ago, but have really started getting into it are trying to get better the last 2 years. 18 Birdies has me at an 18 handicap. Typically shoot between 93-98 best ever was 87. 

Love getting outside and socializing with some buddies. Competing against yourself to get better. Love scramble events! 

I have read articles on here for years, tons of club reviews. Just decided to join and through my hat in for some product testing and talk golf. I don't know anyone else on here. 

Wisconsin Dells Area, not a member anywhere. I play a lot of different courses, local and up to 2 hrs away. Always trying to find hot deals haha.  Favorite local course: Trappers Turn!

Winter is the worst part here. Spring and fall golf are the best. Lots of beautiful courses here as well.

Sales Manager for an equipment manufacturer.

How’d you pick your user name?

Just my last name and favorite #. Steve Yzerman! 

Driver Ping G415, Irons Ping i525, Wedges Volkey 54 & 58, Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom 8.5 

21 hours ago, barney19 said:

Started playing about 20 years ago, played on our schools mid school and high school golf team. Then stopped playing till about 6 years ago, but have really started getting into it are trying to get better the last 2 years. 18 Birdies has me at an 18 handicap. Typically shoot between 93-98 best ever was 87. 

Love getting outside and socializing with some buddies. Competing against yourself to get better. Love scramble events! 

I have read articles on here for years, tons of club reviews. Just decided to join and through my hat in for some product testing and talk golf. I don't know anyone else on here. 

Wisconsin Dells Area, not a member anywhere. I play a lot of different courses, local and up to 2 hrs away. Always trying to find hot deals haha.  Favorite local course: Trappers Turn!

Winter is the worst part here. Spring and fall golf are the best. Lots of beautiful courses here as well.

Frickin Steve Yzerman, stealing our playoff series, and now stealing our players. 😂  Wrong conference now... can't hurt us as much.

Welcome anyway!

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

Hi All!

Been playing since the pandemic, so about 4 years now. My scores are terrible, but my handicap improves every year. Working to be consistently at 90.

What do you love about golf? Competition against friends and myself. Get to be outside. Love it.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I need advice, and I always come here first. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Michigan and Minnesota. Anywhere cheap or last minute tee times. Not retired yet so still got to fit golf in between kids, work, and wife. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It closed for half the year! We get real grass driving ranges, and there are domes and simulators for the winter. 

What do you do for a living? Corporate drone

How’d you pick your user name? Pizza, baby.

-Golf. Ski. Pizza. Family. 

9 hours ago, HikingMike said:

Frickin Steve Yzerman, stealing our playoff series, and now stealing our players. 😂  Wrong conference now... can't hurt us as much.

Welcome anyway!

Haha it looked like Steve returned the favor with Vrana, but that didn't last to long. 

Driver Ping G415, Irons Ping i525, Wedges Volkey 54 & 58, Putter Scotty Cameron Phantom 8.5 

Welcome @barney19 from the area where Steve Y. both played and now is the GM.

There are some members here that reside close to your area, @GolfSpy_KFT comes to mind, and I will be in that area in the July timeframe this year for a week.

Great forum, both from a people and subject matter perspective, so look around at the various topics and feel free to participate with the rest of us. 

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

On 3/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, barney19 said:

Hit me up this summer! I’m a member at Reedsburg CC!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 hour ago, barney19 said:

Haha it looked like Steve returned the favor with Vrana, but that didn't last to long. 

Vrana… uhhh did not work out. Give us Perron back and we’ll call it even. 

Driver: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png G20

3W: cobra2.png.60653951979ca617ca859530a17d0a2d.png King Speedzone (adj loft +1.5 to 16 deg) 

Irons: ping.png.006bacb76d65413e66b9c8eb1b47f592.png i200 (3 thru PW & UW)

Wedge: Ray Cook 60 deg

Putter: Spalding TP Mills 3

Tech: golfshot.png.5c17c64b9425413b3bf24668ce3fa044.png on Apple Watch & phone

How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was a kid. Every summer, I'd go to local golf clinics and loved it. I only played a little through high school and college due to the time and money commitments needed, but I have been getting more serious about golf over the last 3 or so years. I usually score around 87-92. My goal is to bring that average down to 82. 

What do you love about golf? I love that I'm able to be outside and enjoy the seasons the Midwest has to offer. There's something peaceful about having an early morning tee time and going off by yourself. I also love playing with friends and the competition that comes with that. 
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other spies. I've been following MyGolfSpy for a while. I love reading the equipment review articles and have just recently started looking into the forums more. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Byron Center, MI, and I now reside in Holland. I don't really have a home course. I play The Ravines, Diamond Springs, and Railside the most. I used to do golf clinics at Maple Hill and Railside and am very familiar with both courses. I have a friend who works at Railside and can get us on the course for cheap when it's typically reserved for members only. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the variety of courses in the area. There are some wide-open Lynx-style courses, some on the edge of a lake with plenty of water, and others that feel like you're in the middle of the forest. The thing I like the least is that the winters take golf away from me, haha. I joined a winter simulator league this past year and will do that again to scratch my golfing itch in the winter. 

What do you do for a living? I work in the personal finance industry as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.

How'd you pick your user name? It's my default haha. First initial, last name is my go to. 

In the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade Stealth 2 9° Head - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60g Shaft
Fairway: TaylorMade Stealth 2 5 Wood - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 60g Shaft
Irons:  Mizuno Pro 245 Irons 5-PW - Modus 115 X
Wedges:  Vokey SM9 50°, 54° & 58°
Putter  Bettinari BB40
Bag:  Callaway Apex Staff Bag or Mizuno BR-D3 when I'm walking
Balls:  Bridgestone Tour B X

4 hours ago, jpostema said:

How long have you been playing golf? What's your handicap or normal score? I've been playing golf since I was a kid. Every summer, I'd go to local golf clinics and loved it. I only played a little through high school and college due to the time and money commitments needed, but I have been getting more serious about golf over the last 3 or so years. I usually score around 87-92. My goal is to bring that average down to 82. 

What do you love about golf? I love that I'm able to be outside and enjoy the seasons the Midwest has to offer. There's something peaceful about having an early morning tee time and going off by yourself. I also love playing with friends and the competition that comes with that. 
What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I do not know any other spies. I've been following MyGolfSpy for a while. I love reading the equipment review articles and have just recently started looking into the forums more. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Byron Center, MI, and I now reside in Holland. I don't really have a home course. I play The Ravines, Diamond Springs, and Railside the most. I used to do golf clinics at Maple Hill and Railside and am very familiar with both courses. I have a friend who works at Railside and can get us on the course for cheap when it's typically reserved for members only. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the variety of courses in the area. There are some wide-open Lynx-style courses, some on the edge of a lake with plenty of water, and others that feel like you're in the middle of the forest. The thing I like the least is that the winters take golf away from me, haha. I joined a winter simulator league this past year and will do that again to scratch my golfing itch in the winter. 

What do you do for a living? I work in the personal finance industry as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.

How'd you pick your user name? It's my default haha. First initial, last name is my go to. 

Welcome @jpostema from the other side of the state.

Be sure to check out all the other areas of the forums too, a lot of really good people and information here.

A "tip" to get some exposure to the rest of the membership, be sure to check out the "Good Morning" thread on a daily basis.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Might as well throw in here as well as I see some other Wisconsinites on the forum.

Been playing since junior high school. Was a hot head who could hit it far (sometimes even straight) and got down to 6-7 hcp but burned out. Also grew up playing against JP Hayes in local junior league so I saw what good was early on and moved away from golf into cycling and triathlon and life and kids and work. Always played scrambles a couple of times a year and was great at this as I didn’t have to play my misses. Finally got back into in the last few years and hit into single digits again at the end of 2023.  Starting this year at 11.5

I play because it’s always a game against myself regardless of who I am playing with. If there is someone else to play against, so much the better. And until the last ball rolls into the last hole of the day, the next shot is another chance at perfection or embarrassment. 

Didn’t know anything about MGS until I started looking at club reviews as I wanted to rebuild my old bag of Golfsmith clubs. Loved the unbiased reviews and then found the forum and VCT.  Looks like a good place to hangout even though I think my bag is down for now. 

Born down south but became a Wisconsinite as a kid. Moved around but now live where I grew up, within a mile of my high school with my high school sweetheart in Appleton, WI. Play lots of local courses with no single home. Reid GC, Chaska and Royal St Patrick’s are my local go-tos. Play Lawsonia when I can. Played Sand Valley, Washington County, Wild Rock, the Bog, the Bull last year as well. Love the world class course in our area.  

Best part of this area is the plethora of courses, whether locally owned public tracks, munis, daily fee resort courses or international destination courses. That’s not to mention the private clubs that I don’t play at but that have some sweet courses as well. Weather is the biggest drawback. We had courses open here in February and we are now forecasted to get 10 inches of snow over the next 30 hours and up to 60 next week. 

For work, I have been a lot of things. Just left the local Amazon facility as I couldn’t handle working overnights any more. Managed the sortation process and workforce. Looking for new opportunities as a project manager where I can work days and have weekends and evenings free for family and golf when the seasons permit. 

My user name is my name. I am an engineer by training and temperament. Simple and easy to remember, and easy to explain.  

:cobra-small: LTDx 9 degree driver HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60 gr 6.0

:cobra-small: LTDx 3 wood HZRDUS Smoke IM10 Green 60 gr 6.0

:callaway-small:Callaway Apex UW 19 degree HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 70 5.5

:Takomo:Takomo 101T 4 to PW KBS Tour regular

:wilson_staff_small:Wilson Staff 50 degree Gap

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 54.12D Sand and all-around the green

:vokey-small:Vokey SM9 58.12D lob and sand

:nevercompromise-small: Voodoo

:maxfli:Maxfli TourX

On 3/28/2024 at 9:02 PM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Hit me up this summer! I’m a member at Reedsburg CC!

Awesome! I will do that. I work just down the road from Reedsburg Cc. Sometimes I spend my lunch break there on the range.

On 3/28/2024 at 8:56 PM, rkj427 said:

Welcome @barney19 from the area where Steve Y. both played and now is the GM.

There are some members here that reside close to your area, @GolfSpy_KFT comes to mind, and I will be in that area in the July timeframe this year for a week.

Great forum, both from a people and subject matter perspective, so look around at the various topics and feel free to participate with the rest of us. 

Thanks, but I live in Wisconsin not Michigan. I was born in the U.P so that is where the Red Wing connection is from. 

2 hours ago, barney19 said:

Awesome! I will do that. I work just down the road from Reedsburg Cc. Sometimes I spend my lunch break there on the range.

Same here! Once school is out for the kids I typically hit the range on Monday and Wednesday around 11:30 or get a wild hair and try to blast through 9 if the course isn’t too busy 😂

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

My name is Chris. I have been "playing" golf for about 25 years and usually shoot around a 90, depending on the course.

I'm at the point in my golfing career, were I just enjoy getting out and having fun now. I'm a very competitive person and when I started it was very frustrating because improvements didn't happen as quick as I would have liked. 

I am from the Rockford, IL area and have a yearly golf pass for 3 of the local courses by me. 

Looking forward to playing more this year, since I spent the money on a yearly pass, hope it translates to more play. My 2 boys have also shown more interest over the last couple years, so that helps.

I'm new to  MyGolfSpy  and look forward to having a place to learn more about the game and read what others have to say about there golfing experiences. Just another way to enjoy the game when not on the course.

I play TaylorMade driver, Cobra irons, and putt with a never compromise putter. Misc wedges

I have 3 kids, 2 of which play golf and love it as much as me. 

Hi all! New member from central Ohio. Picked up the game last summer after a work outing to top golf. Played a bit as a kid but it's been over 15 years since really swinging a club. Got out on the course and fell in love immediately. Former college athlete so that has helped with picking up the game. Love consuming golf podcasts. Current favorites are Chasing Scratch, Hack it Out and On the Mark.

How long have you been playing golf?

Started Summer of 23 after a 15+ year hiatus

What’s your handicap or normal score?

Currently 23hcp and avg score ~96

The challenge it presents. Solving the problem in front of you. Getting outside and walking the course. 

Love the testing data they present on Twotter

Central Ohio. Find me at any of the municipal courses

Beautiful fall views, but there is sometimes a winter

IT Professional

Nickname plus what I love to do!

Started playing '23

23 hcp

2024 WITB

Dr - Callaway Mavrik 10.5 

5w - Callaway Mavrik 

9w - Callaway Big Bertha

4h - Callaway Mavrik

4i-PW - Maltby TS-1

50/54/58 - Maltby Max Milled Wedges

P -  Maltby PTM-5 CS

On 2/11/2019 at 5:27 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: Midwest Region

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia

1. How long have you been playing golf? Started about 10 years ago just for fun. Started taking it seriously a year and a half ago

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?15.5 handicap. So can easily shoot a +20 or the very rare +11

3. What do you love about golf? It’s a game that’s never mastered. No such thing as a 100% perfect round. It’s all about preserving and patience. Golf is like life, it’s hard but beautiful 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve always been googling threads and topics about the game. Just wanna be more involved

5. Where are you from? What is your home course? From eastern Ohio, many nice courses around

6. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Worst thing is weather, especially with lake effect from Lake Erie

7. What do you do for a living? Sales in first aid

8. How’d you pick your user name? Was long time gamer tag

Driver- Paradym Hzrdus green 60g 6.5

3 wood- stealth plus hzrdus red 75g 6.5

4 iron -P790, 5-6 - p770, 7-Pw- Apex Tcb- KBS 130x

Volkey 50, Jaws raw 54,58

Odessey Versa 7

Prov 1x/CSX

Stonelick Hills is the best public course. 

Others would be Blue Ash Golf Course, Shaker Run Golf Club, Elks Run Golf Course, Walden Ponds, Beckett Ridge, and Aston Oaks. 

There are a ton of good public courses around the area, and very few bad ones. 

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

Been playing on & off most of my life. Handicap currently is at 13.8.

It gets me outside, and something non-work related to obsess over (lol)

I've been lurking for a long time reading up reviews/opinions on different products and figured it's time to join. I don't think I know any other Spies.

Ann Arbor, MI. I don't really have a 'home' course but tend to be at Pine View & Rustic Glen a lot for quick/cheap rounds during the week.

Best: Tons of courses. Worst: Winter (aka a long offseason)

Digital Marketing/Merchandising in the music & sneaker industries.

It's been my online nickname for ~26 years now. Originally it was based on creating a Mos Def fan site, now it's tied to "Marketing Oriented Services"

Driver: TaylorMade Qi10 LS 8* w/Ventus TR Velocore 7x
Fairway: 19* & 21* Callaway UW
Irons: Callaway Apex 21 4-AW w/LTD KBS C-Taper Rainbow Matte X Flex
Wedges: 54* & 58* black satin Cleveland CBX Full Face w/ Project X LZ 6
Putter: Mizuno M Craft Type 5 Blue w/KBS CT Tour Putter Shaft - Satin Rainbow PVD

2 hours ago, Dweed said:

@Siilky and @MOSologist welcome to the forum. Glad to have  you all aboard. Enjoy.

Thank you, happy to be apart

Driver- Paradym Hzrdus green 60g 6.5

3 wood- stealth plus hzrdus red 75g 6.5

4 iron -P790, 5-6 - p770, 7-Pw- Apex Tcb- KBS 130x

Volkey 50, Jaws raw 54,58

Odessey Versa 7

Prov 1x/CSX

Hey all!! First time posting, happy to be joining the community!

I have been playing golf almost my whole life, since I was 6. I grey up in Detroit, spent high school and college in Florida, and I now live in St. Louis with my wife.

Golf is by far hobby #1 for me. I played on the high school team and was lucky enough to be a walk on at my college. Golf was always “for fun” for me. Even in some college tournaments, I just tried to have as much fun as possible.

I currently play off a 3 handicap, and I try to play once a week if I can. The course near me has a 9 hole exec course, I can sneak out there some days after work.

I’m excited to join an active community, talk golf, and more!

MLP

3 hours ago, Michael LisP1220 said:

Hey all!! First time posting, happy to be joining the community!

I have been playing golf almost my whole life, since I was 6. I grey up in Detroit, spent high school and college in Florida, and I now live in St. Louis with my wife.

Golf is by far hobby #1 for me. I played on the high school team and was lucky enough to be a walk on at my college. Golf was always “for fun” for me. Even in some college tournaments, I just tried to have as much fun as possible.

I currently play off a 3 handicap, and I try to play once a week if I can. The course near me has a 9 hole exec course, I can sneak out there some days after work.

I’m excited to join an active community, talk golf, and more!

Welcome to MGS Michael! You'll find this is an awesome group with a bunch of fantastic people! - Brian

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* | H2 track setting | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

3 wood: Titleist TSi3 15* | T track setting | B4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* | C4 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8S

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 21* | B1 hosel setting | Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9X

Irons: Titleist T100 Black | 5-P | True Temper AMT Tour White X100

Wedges: Vokey SM9 Jet Black | 50.08F, 54.12D, 58.08M | True Temper AMT Tour White S300

Putter: Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Button Back Newport 2.5+

Greetings to all!

I joined today. I live in Central Wisconsin about ten miles from Sand Valley.

I've been a golfer on and off (mainly off) for roughly 50 years. I get out with either my wife or a group of about eight old high school buddies when possible. I shoot around ninety for eighteen. 

My bag is Mizuno, driver, fairways, and irons are Sim Max 2. I have a 100 yard area behind my house that I've cleared off and have run sprinklers to. My own little par three.

Cheers, Jeff

Driver, fairways, irons are Sim 2 Max

Vokey wedges

Odyssey putter

Nitron Bag Boy

@Jeffers. Man, talk about 80% of the golfing world wanting to be your friend. Welcome to the forums. You're right, it is God's country. Spent a lot of time in the area trout fishing the "ditches" and streams as well as pan sized crappie from the Wisconsin River. Still amazes me that I found enough time to actually graduate from UWSP.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

Hi all, my name is Tim and I am a PhD Candidate at Marquette University in Milwaukee, doing my best to golf as often as I can between writing dissertation chapters! 

I have been playing golf for almost 25 years now, since my dad and grandpa took me for my first outing to Hilly Haven Golf Course near Green Bay. I played and took lessons from age 5 to 14, before focusing on baseball exclusively (big mistake, should've stuck with golf). After college I began playing more frequently and now try to play nearly every week if I can. Right now I am around a 12 handicap but feel like that could go down quickly if I can get my shots from within 100 yards more consistent.

I love golf because it is the great equalizer in sports. Size and strength don't always matter. Age doesn't matter. It is a game for anyone and everyone, whereas other sports, like basketball, football, etc., require some sturdy athleticism. Golf is also one of the few sports one can play at any age and has great accessibility. It is a lot more difficult to try and go play baseball again as a 30 year old then it is to go hit some golf balls at a course or driving range. I also love the opportunity to get a good walk in nature, having something to work at consistently and try to get better at every day, and spending time with friends and family who also golf.

I came to MyGolfSpy recently because I have been getting more interested in the technical aspects of golf products (thanks Trottie) but also because I would love to do some product testing and dive deeper into the nuances and intricacies of golf coaching and the golf swing. Not sure if I know anyone on here!

I am originally from Green Bay, WI, Go Pack Go, but currently live in Milwaukee with my wife, and our dog and cat. I don't have a home course, but I frequent the Milwaukee County municipal courses mostly, especially Currie Park Golf Course.

There are two amazing parts about playing golf in the Milwaukee area. One, when the weather is nice, it is perfect golfing conditions. Nothing beats an early morning 9-holes, walking with a few other folks, and taking in a sunny spring/summer/fall sunrise. The second part are the municipal courses that Milwaukee County and neighboring Ozaukee County offer. They are affordable yet maintained really well and have amazing staff and greenskeepers who love what they do. Milwaukee County is also home to Brown Deer Golf Course, which is where Tiger Woods made his Pro debut at the now-extinct Milwaukee Open in 1996.

The worst part about golfing in Wisconsin is the winters. It is painful not being able to get out and play with the snow on the ground! 

I am currently a PhD candidate, but after graduation I am looking to either teach at the university level, or will be pursuing a career in the government as a policy analyst/writer.

Old high school and college nickname.

WITB Image attached and in the signature!

Clubs.jpg

Edited by THuge
adding WITB image

Tim

PhD Candidate, MU

Driver: Titleist TSi3 

Wood: TaylorMade M4 5 wood

Hybrid: TaylorMade M2 4 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal 923

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 56, Vokey SM9 60

Putter: Axis1 Rose

Ball: TaylorMade TP5 Yellow