Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Truline Greens Little Murph

joen

Ok. Here is my mini review for all of you. 

I had previously had an inexpensive putting green in my basement. I won’t name any names. I loved it at first. Great roll, inexpensive, and you could roll it up if needed. Then...even with vacuuming it on a regular basis....it developed a groove right down the center and I couldn’t miss a putt even if I tried. Now normally I wouldn’t complain about this on a real golf course, but on my practice green where I am supposed to be hitting a line with every putt...this doesn’t provide much feedback. I figured this was like everything else in life....if you want a quality product that will hold up, then you have to spend some money. I looked at the greens which were featured on mygolfspy in a head to head comparison. I also wanted a green that I could chip onto that would still be portable and be able to be moved with minimal effort. 

So....after some internet research, I settled on the Little Murph from Truline Greens. Their customer service was great when I called with a question. The box arrived, I unrolled the green and was putting within five minutes. Surprisingly, it flattened out very easily. It gives a true roll and it is constructed of quality material.  The only thing that I don’t like is that the last three feet of the green is uphill so they can place a “cup” into the green. The uphill thing isn’t a deal breaker though...it just feels different right now.  I give this product an A and I would purchase it again.  It is pricey, but I am hoping that it will last.

D79EDC6D-9862-42F0-855D-AF3E6BB5022E.jpeg

6DC9B531-1EDD-487D-AF50-0DC24B2A54D7.jpeg

3A60E313-E102-4E52-9282-6F45AF5DD805.jpeg

275C4138-0773-4C33-B346-75D2B46F75C2.jpeg

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

Having the cup end raised is also supposed to encourage a slightly firmer stroke to get the ball to the hole.

But if you don't like it, you could try cutting a piece of ply of the right thickness to fit under the rest of the mat. 

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Having the cup end raised is also supposed to encourage a slightly firmer stroke to get the ball to the hole.

But if you don't like it, you could try cutting a piece of ply of the right thickness to fit under the rest of the mat. 

Good thought!  I am used to the incline now. It comes in handy for chipping onto the mat as it does slow the ball down. 

Right Handed. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have played eight rounds since using this green. My make percentage from 10-15 feet ( my weakness last year according to strokes gained)  has gone way up from my older rounds. I save all of my rounds using a strokes gained database so I was able to compare my putting handicap prior to the Little Murph to now. My putting handicap has dropped to +5 (rounded) from scratch level. I am ecstatic. My five foot make percentage is off compared to last year but it is only eight rounds so that sample size is small. But, by that same argument, my sample size is small for my improvement in longer putts. I will update as the year goes on. I used to just putt 5-6 footers in the house to practice on my old green, and I feel this longer green has made a difference. 0F74865A-15AA-45EE-A21B-8D485E1A85A7.thumb.jpeg.34811268ed9dfe0eef5df0595b33728c.jpeg

Right Handed.