Golfspy_CG2

Cleveland Golf Announces Updated Launcher Lines

Our Sponsors

Easiest irons in golf?

• Like 2

Easiest irons in golf?
[/url]  

I know their early Launcher HB irons were very forgiving and easy to launch. They were the kind of irons you wish were still around for those slumps that creep into your game. Quality and fun to hit was their trademark 🏌️♂️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I was waiting to see Mark tackle these clubs because he loved the older version. All this tells me is that the HB Turbos will be a solid starting point for me in testing.

I tried the UHX driving iron this past weekend and really liked it....price is pretty good compared to other brands also

On 10/23/2019 at 10:38 PM, tdkrod said:

Any updates on how it’s going with the launchers, anybody checked out the cobra trails. 

I took the turbo launchers to Florida and walked away with close to $300 of my friends money.  That being said the turbos have been great so far.  Moving to graphite has made these pretty effortless to swing and I seem to never wear down.  Distance might be a hair longer than last years but that could just be the graphite vs. steel.  It took me several rounds to adjust to the lighter weight shafts but with these clubs it doesn't really matter where you hit it on the face, they will not lose much distance.

If you recall I also purchased the Cleveland Halo 2 hybrid to replace my 3 wood.  GPS watch says I picked up on average about 4 yards which is't a huge deal but it has been way more accurate and consistent than my 3 woods.  Part of it is the shaft is 3 inches shorter.  What is best is I can really hit low bullets or elevate the ball when needed with this club.  It made a huge difference in the Florida wind. In the spring I'll probably jump on the Halo 3 hybrid so all my hybrid and iron shafts are the same.

• Like 3

Well I’m back in Florida to play at Sawgrass tomorrow. I had some time to kill in Jacksonville so I went to the PGA Superstore and hit the Launcher HB Turbo driver. I actually ordered one the other day sight unseen because the Dicks cyber sale had it for $262.

I ordered the 9 degree in stiff because that is similar to my XXIO setup. Hit it today and couldn’t get the driver spin over 1,300. I order low loft because my spin is usually over 3,000 with every driver I ever try. The guy had me try the 10.5 in regular and spin went up to 1700. I haven’t picked up a club in a month and only took 2 weak practice swings before I started firing away. Swing speed after about 10 swings was around 92. Slight draw mostly with a few power fades thrown in but for the most part the driver was right down the middle.

Looks are great, felt heavy for some reason and sound was a tad loud. Distances between the 9 degree and 10.5 were the same but they got there different ways. I like roll but I’m probably better off returning the 9 for a 10.5.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Not to bump an old thread back from the grave, but today Mark did a gap test with the HB Turbos, really solid and really straight. Color me very intrigued to see them in person in February at our golf show.

• Like 2