Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

CaddyTek CaddyView V2 Rangefinder Review (costco)

cciciora13

Caddytek V2 Rangefinder review: This is my first review and I would love some feedback on it. Look forward to doing more!

About Me: I am a 25 soon to be 26 year old who has been playing this great game since the age of 5. I never have received a formal lesson and my swing is self taught particularly from my dad. I was fortunate enough to play in High School and on the club golf team at college progressing my game to 12 handicap. I am a physical therapist by trade and love being active as much as I can and love walking the course when I play. I usually shoot in the low 80s and am usually a pretty good ball striker, my downfall has always been my putter! (My coach in high school even tried getting me to putt left handed (I am RH) to no avail) lol

I have not utilized a range finder before as I usually like to count the yardage with my feet (paces) and rely on the yardage markers on the course. Recently I have begun to use the GPS portion of 18 birdies and that was fairly accurate in helping with club selection and accuracy. I didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a range finder (bushnell, ect) and instead saw this range finder on Costco (https://www.costco.com/caddytek-golf-laser-rangefinder%2c-caddyview-v2-%2bslope.product.100419508.html) for $129.99

image.png.a2b3563b68a2aae2c85cf1d96b82ff8d.png

Unboxing: Nothing special about the outside of the box. It does state that it is a laser rangefinder with “FlagSeeking Technology”. Upon opening the box, the rangefinder itself was in a nice cloth pouch with its own carabiner and can be clipped close. It also contains the instruction manual and a cloth pouch containing the slope and non-slope chips and a cloth to clean the lens. The instruction manual was very straight forward and guided me through all the steps on how to use the range finder and the different set ups that it has. I also love that it has the ability to be modified to add slope or not to allow for it to be used in tournaments.

IMG-2992.thumb.jpg.0daf1044831dd7af9848b1480c91fc25.jpg

IMG-2993.thumb.jpg.4d771eb07ea70bc00b04f6fb37a9bb71.jpg                    

175017587_IMG-2994(1).thumb.jpg.57cb87e5bc2d227ad362d26c31df905c.jpg                

LOOKS & FEEL  

The Caddytek V2 is compact and fits in the palm of my hand very well. It is not too big nor too small to hold on to, and feels solid and well made. The rubber grips where you hold the unit just add to the comfort level of the unit. The case doesn’t seem like the highest quality and I’m unsure at how well it will hold up over time. It does seem like it will get the job done though. The most important thing is the operator holding their hands steady enough to lock onto the target (but that would be an issue with any rangefinder). 9 times out of 10 it found the target right away within 230 yards. It is very operator friendly with only two buttons: Mode and Power.

455405744_IMG-3002(1).thumb.jpg.e0989b9d2378c52099c33b63d42811da.jpg

IMG-2996.thumb.jpg.662106d59af2742c7c0b7db92c2db7b8.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.428d56d6087996dc0934885e1b891360.jpg

SETUP

Super easy to use. Out of the box straight forward, point and shoot, and it was very quick feedback once the operator was able to hit the intended target. That takes some practice (as I said with any range finder). It has two modes: “Flagseeking” mode and seek mode. Flag seeking mode is your typical point and click and get a single yardage with how far away you are. (The bottom right includes the slope yardage). The seek mode allows you to hold the power button and get multiple yardages from one to another object for about 10 seconds. This is very nice as it allows you to get the flag distance and then get the distance say to the front of a green side bunker or bank of greenside water to determine carry distance. Super easy to use and the picture through the scope is very clear. The scope also allows for change in focus which is very nice. It is also simple to change from slope vs non-slope all by removing the slope chip from the side and replacing it with the other one.

IMG-3003.thumb.jpg.bb6c77aeec3565a01d225a591dbada03.jpg

Accuracy

The only issue I had with accuracy was not the device itself but the ability of the operator to hit the flag and hold it steady. I could see folks that don’t have steady hands or shakes having an issue with this. I took yardages a couple of times to just reaffirm that I had the flag distance. I have compared it to a playing partner of mine who has a Bushnell rangefinder and the yardages are near identical; within 1-2 yards all the time. No issue when looking through the scope with sunglasses either.

On-Course

This is very simple. Put the batteries in and attach to your golf bag and golf cart and you’re ready to go. I like how using a range finder has allowed me to focus more on each golf shot and has helped with club selection. Getting an exact distance is crucial in hitting a proper golf shot. The slope feature is great and only further aids in club selection. I have nothing to compare this to previously as I had never used a range finder before but this checks all the boxes for me. I can’t believe I had gone so long without one!

IMG-2999.thumb.jpg.09a14697212f5d6f2a0096a019b273f0.jpg

Conclusion

As someone with no history of using a rangefinder, no loyalty to any brand, or preconceived notions or feelings towards a device I can honestly say the CaddyTek V2 rangefinder is a great product.  It is point and shoot right out of the box with quick response time and feels like it is built to last.  Based on the prices of other devices, this is a steal at $129.99. You get all the features of a unit 2-3 x the price with just about the same accuracy. If you don’t own one now but have wanted to, I would strongly recommend the Caddytek V2 rangefinder as a perfect rangefinder at a steal of a price.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Nice write up. LRF's are like air conditioning, once you've used it you can't be without it.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thank you for the review. I will have to look into this as I want to pick up a rangefinder after using my brother's Bushnell last year. I currently use a SkyCaddie. Each has their strengths. The slope feature is nice at that price.

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ UST Proforce V2 Black

Golfsmith Jet Stream 3W UST Proforce V2

:titelist-small: 915 H3 Diamana Red

:titelist-small: 915 H4 Diamana Red

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber

:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach 11S

:titelist-small: Pro V1

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

Thank you for the review. I will have to look into this as I want to pick up a rangefinder after using my brother's Bushnell last year. I currently use a SkyCaddie. Each has their strengths. The slope feature is nice at that price.

Don't forget to look at Precision Pro, they are a sponsor here and have had discount coupons for forum members. Note: they also have fantastic customer service.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Good write-up, and informative, thx.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Good job on the review.  It is a pretty good deal with the slope tech.

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

Question: why do you have to change chip for slope or no Slope? Most others just have a mode selection button.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Question: why do you have to change chip for slope or no Slope? Most others just have a mode selection button.

My guess would be to make it tournament legal.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

2 hours ago, cciciora13 said:

My guess would be to make it tournament legal.

Interesting point. Most LRF's with slope feature just toggle between the slope/non-slope feature with a mode button. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 4/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, cciciora13 said:

Caddytek V2 Rangefinder review: This is my first review and I would love some feedback on it. Look forward to doing more!

About Me: I am a 25 soon to be 26 year old who has been playing this great game since the age of 5. I never have received a formal lesson and my swing is self taught particularly from my dad. I was fortunate enough to play in High School and on the club golf team at college progressing my game to 12 handicap. I am a physical therapist by trade and love being active as much as I can and love walking the course when I play. I usually shoot in the low 80s and am usually a pretty good ball striker, my downfall has always been my putter! (My coach in high school even tried getting me to putt left handed (I am RH) to no avail) lol

I have not utilized a range finder before as I usually like to count the yardage with my feet (paces) and rely on the yardage markers on the course. Recently I have begun to use the GPS portion of 18 birdies and that was fairly accurate in helping with club selection and accuracy. I didn’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a range finder (bushnell, ect) and instead saw this range finder on Costco (https://www.costco.com/caddytek-golf-laser-rangefinder%2c-caddyview-v2-%2bslope.product.100419508.html) for $129.99

image.png.a2b3563b68a2aae2c85cf1d96b82ff8d.png

Unboxing: Nothing special about the outside of the box. It does state that it is a laser rangefinder with “FlagSeeking Technology”. Upon opening the box, the rangefinder itself was in a nice cloth pouch with its own carabiner and can be clipped close. It also contains the instruction manual and a cloth pouch containing the slope and non-slope chips and a cloth to clean the lens. The instruction manual was very straight forward and guided me through all the steps on how to use the range finder and the different set ups that it has. I also love that it has the ability to be modified to add slope or not to allow for it to be used in tournaments.

IMG-2992.thumb.jpg.0daf1044831dd7af9848b1480c91fc25.jpg

IMG-2993.thumb.jpg.4d771eb07ea70bc00b04f6fb37a9bb71.jpg                    

175017587_IMG-2994(1).thumb.jpg.57cb87e5bc2d227ad362d26c31df905c.jpg                

LOOKS & FEEL  

The Caddytek V2 is compact and fits in the palm of my hand very well. It is not too big nor too small to hold on to, and feels solid and well made. The rubber grips where you hold the unit just add to the comfort level of the unit. The case doesn’t seem like the highest quality and I’m unsure at how well it will hold up over time. It does seem like it will get the job done though. The most important thing is the operator holding their hands steady enough to lock onto the target (but that would be an issue with any rangefinder). 9 times out of 10 it found the target right away within 230 yards. It is very operator friendly with only two buttons: Mode and Power.

455405744_IMG-3002(1).thumb.jpg.e0989b9d2378c52099c33b63d42811da.jpg

IMG-2996.thumb.jpg.662106d59af2742c7c0b7db92c2db7b8.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.428d56d6087996dc0934885e1b891360.jpg

SETUP

Super easy to use. Out of the box straight forward, point and shoot, and it was very quick feedback once the operator was able to hit the intended target. That takes some practice (as I said with any range finder). It has two modes: “Flagseeking” mode and seek mode. Flag seeking mode is your typical point and click and get a single yardage with how far away you are. (The bottom right includes the slope yardage). The seek mode allows you to hold the power button and get multiple yardages from one to another object for about 10 seconds. This is very nice as it allows you to get the flag distance and then get the distance say to the front of a green side bunker or bank of greenside water to determine carry distance. Super easy to use and the picture through the scope is very clear. The scope also allows for change in focus which is very nice. It is also simple to change from slope vs non-slope all by removing the slope chip from the side and replacing it with the other one.

IMG-3003.thumb.jpg.bb6c77aeec3565a01d225a591dbada03.jpg

Accuracy

The only issue I had with accuracy was not the device itself but the ability of the operator to hit the flag and hold it steady. I could see folks that don’t have steady hands or shakes having an issue with this. I took yardages a couple of times to just reaffirm that I had the flag distance. I have compared it to a playing partner of mine who has a Bushnell rangefinder and the yardages are near identical; within 1-2 yards all the time. No issue when looking through the scope with sunglasses either.

On-Course

This is very simple. Put the batteries in and attach to your golf bag and golf cart and you’re ready to go. I like how using a range finder has allowed me to focus more on each golf shot and has helped with club selection. Getting an exact distance is crucial in hitting a proper golf shot. The slope feature is great and only further aids in club selection. I have nothing to compare this to previously as I had never used a range finder before but this checks all the boxes for me. I can’t believe I had gone so long without one!

IMG-2999.thumb.jpg.09a14697212f5d6f2a0096a019b273f0.jpg

Conclusion

As someone with no history of using a rangefinder, no loyalty to any brand, or preconceived notions or feelings towards a device I can honestly say the CaddyTek V2 rangefinder is a great product.  It is point and shoot right out of the box with quick response time and feels like it is built to last.  Based on the prices of other devices, this is a steal at $129.99. You get all the features of a unit 2-3 x the price with just about the same accuracy. If you don’t own one now but have wanted to, I would strongly recommend the Caddytek V2 rangefinder as a perfect rangefinder at a steal of a price.

Great review! and like @tony@CIC said cant go without it now. I was a marker guy before but once I started using a range finder (no slope for me) I cannot go without it now. I need exact yardage especially if I want to hit off a bank and roll onto the green or how far is it to that sand trap and the course doesnt have a yardage book.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!