Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ashworth Cardiff spikeless shoe

It's the kind of sole I like. I'm using that type and have been using that type for a little less than 10 years, albeit a different brand that's locally available. It suits me so well that I also use the same type of shoe for daily wear.

That sole gives adequate grip on the fairway but needs a bit of caution on side hills and wet days on any slope. It's not slippery but does not offer the grip of the more common plastic spike shoe when the spike is new. The advantage is that, at least in the shoe I use, it lasts years. One shoe I have has been in service for more than 5 years now but I treat it more gently these days as I cannot find the same model anymore.

The sole design appears to be close enough to be the same and I could be easily persuaded to buy that shoe if available as it looks so much like a street shoe. Mine has a rubber sole and is a bit heavy but does not bother me. It's the only Golf shoe I have ever owned that lasted years and actually only needed replacement because the sole finally wore out enough for the nubs to become smooth and even then it was still useful.

Shambles

The Ashworth Cardiffs are just like the Ecco's, only $20 less. They do have round spikes rather than the haxaganol shapes used by Ecco, and yes, you have to be careful on sidehill lies, fallen leaves and wet grass.

I expect these will be just as comfortable as the Ecco's.

When the price gets below $70, I'll get some.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 7 months later...

I bought a pair of these shoes today, I wore them home from the store (3 hours) went out on the course for an hour before dark. I found them to be very comfortable and gripped just fine. I will try them out and report back after a week or so but thought I would tell why I picked these shoes over the Ecco's, Adidas, Kikkors, FootJoys, MacGregors, and all.

First, I am a Footjoy fan. I have already found that they to me are more comfortable than Nikes that seem to grow in width with age, Callaway seem to get shorter with age. I was interested in this type of shoe because they can be worn on and off the course. Why would I want to wear them off the course, you ask? Golf shoes are water proof. I am headed over to Europe to over see installation of some equipment I designed. Last time I was there I had the choice of wearing heavy boot that were waterproof or shoes that were not. It seemed that on the days I wore the heavy shoes there was no rain and after spending all day walking around in them I was exhausted. If I wore street shoes, it rained all day and I had wet feet all day, and was miserable. So removable or no spikes are a must. Footjoy has removable spikes and Kikkor have non removable spikes.

Adidas and Footjoy and especially MacGregors look to plasticy So the choice was either Ashworth or Ecco, Ecco are not water proof and the Ashworth have a two year gaurantee to be water proof.

The looks of the Ashworths are only rivaled by Ecco, but since they are $50 less and water proof, it was a no brainer. The Adidas were worthy of a look and maybe they would look better with age but new they look cheap.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I've never known any golf shoe to stay waterproof, even the goretex lined footjoys. They're good for a few wearings but lose their resistance with use and little by little begin to let water seep in. Regardless, I agree that golf shoes offer water resistance that is adequate for wet situations as long as it is not extensive.

Shambles

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. I have had these a couple of weeks

Now and can honestly say I love them. Great traction for golf. Waterproof. And the tread does not fill with mud like

I expected them to.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived