Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

Yesterday after finishing nine holes, I had 87% charge remaining. When I got home, I took it off. Today I went to pick it up, and it was dead. I plugged it up, and it showed zero charge. Another firmware issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

I assumed that the tee box question was more for determining course rating/slope for strokes gained calculations.  There's no way the program could know where the tees are set on a day-to-day basis. 

I was hoping that the X5 would have had a better GPS location accuracy than the V3, but it seems to be the same.  The V3 seemed to be better about discriminating about the location of putts on the green.  With the X5 I get a notable amount of holes where it looks like all my putts are with a foot from the hole.  I'll be the first to admit that I can, and have, missed from 2 feet.  However, I also know for a fact, that I rarely hit an approach shot to within 2 feet of the hole.

I assumed that the tee box question was more for determining course rating/slope for strokes gained calculations.  There's no way the program could know where the tees are set on a day-to-day basis. 
I was hoping that the X5 would have had a better GPS location accuracy than the V3, but it seems to be the same.  The V3 seemed to be better about discriminating about the location of putts on the green.  With the X5 I get a notable amount of holes where it looks like all my putts are with a foot from the hole.  I'll be the first to admit that I can, and have, missed from 2 feet.  However, I also know for a fact, that I rarely hit an approach shot to within 2 feet of the hole.

On the putts are you doing manual or auto?

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Just now, nupezb said:

On the putts are you doing manual or auto?

Good question.  I didn't change it from the factory setting, so I assumed it's in auto because there were instructions on how to set it to manual.  Plus, some holes it does record the approximately correct locations of the putts.

Good question.  I didn't change it from the factory setting, so I assumed it's in auto because there were instructions on how to set it to manual.  Plus, some holes it does record the approximately correct locations of the putts.

I only bring that up because those two feet putts sound like it's in manual. Yesterday when my tags stopped working on me, my last hole showed 2 feet putts, but my other holes it showed the distances.

Check to see what the setting is for putting.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

I think putts default to 2-foot putts if the putt has not been sensed. If it is the first putt, try making several, even exaggerated practice strokes if in Auto mode. Short putts under 3-feet, it probably doesn't make much difference from a data standpoint.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: PXG 0211DC 5-GW w/ MMT 60 A Flex
Wedges: Kirkland 52°/56°/60° w/ True Temper Shafts
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet / Cobra King Nova / Toulon Portland
Ball:  Callaway ERC Soft / Snell MTB Black / Sugar Pure / Vice Pro

I have been following the posts concerning the X5; the happy results, and the not so happy results.  I am looking forward to when Shot Scope has all the bugs worked out.  At that time I will move forward and buy one.  Until that time I have no desire to pay them money so I can test their product.  I received the V3 as a gift, and went through the normal learning curve, and ran into issues that they corrected. Thankfully it was a gift and I was not out any cash to test for them.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png      TSR1
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg               Epic Flash 4H
  • Iron             lazarus.png.24092c99689747a2f7bd9cb786badde7.png              2 iron
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg    Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

Well, have had a week and have 4 rounds using the new X5 White (and I have to say "really" White) watch. A long time user of the V3 and most of the "user training" transfers to the X5. I love the V3 and I see the X5 being even better.

No issues in setup, firmware update and the X5 has been finding the course in under 2 minutes. Hope my good luck in operation continues.

For me any missed shots were almost always my issue in not using the watch in the best way. The X5 tags are an improvement and detection preforms better even than the V3. I am a golfer so perfection can not be obtained. If I miss a shot here and there  it is not going to affect my stats over the 200 plus rounds I play during the year. Using the stats to try to improve my game is my objective - not create a perfect database.

Love the touch screen - although it will require a learning curve with my old, big fingers. Finding that a combination of touching the screen and then using the knob to scroll the screen is working best for me as I learn.

Repetition is needed for this old guy to remember how to navigate the menus. Last round was getting better.

I use TheGrint to keep my score during the round so will turn off the score function as an un-needed step for me, and it is not needed for any of the Stats being retained.

Use manual putting and the touch screen makes that SO MUCH better than the V3 - I have always felt manual was more accurate than auto. But that is really limited by GPS and not Shot Scope.

I may catch some flack for this but I never had any issues with the watch band on the V3 and I really prefer it to the new band on the X5. I find it difficult to get the sticky band through the two loops but maybe that will get easier with practice. I would like it better if I had experienced the issues that some people seemed to have with the V3 band - but I didn't.

Can't wait for X5 bands to show up on the accessories list for purchase - the White is just TOO White for me. Will probably try the Gray or Blue.

Really love the X5.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Mixed couples 18 today so I took out the X5 after I reinstalled the firmware according to SS support. It crashed after 2 holes so I just turned it off and replaced it with my V3 (which I had in my bag just in case). The X5 is going back in the box until there's a more stable firmware update. @Gavin_Shot_Scope this is a credibility issue that needs to be addressed. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

There appears to be a deeper issue beyond just the firmware update, as I have been unable to obtain a GPS signal all day. I began attempting to acquire a signal 35 minutes prior to my tee time, but after an hour of trying, I gave up. Fortunately, I had a backup watch to rely on.

Even throughout my round, I continued to attempt to get a signal without success. After finishing, I attempted to acquire a signal while eating, but still had no luck. Seven hours later, I am still attempting to get a signal with no success. It is unacceptable to have a golf watch that cannot acquire a signal, and it is incredibly frustrating.

I am unsure if my watch is faulty or if there is another issue at play. For the record, I did two hard restarts today before anyone asks.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

2 hours ago, nupezb said:

There appears to be a deeper issue beyond just the firmware update, as I have been unable to obtain a GPS signal all day. I began attempting to acquire a signal 35 minutes prior to my tee time, but after an hour of trying, I gave up. Fortunately, I had a backup watch to rely on.

Even throughout my round, I continued to attempt to get a signal without success. After finishing, I attempted to acquire a signal while eating, but still had no luck. Seven hours later, I am still attempting to get a signal with no success. It is unacceptable to have a golf watch that cannot acquire a signal, and it is incredibly frustrating.

I am unsure if my watch is faulty or if there is another issue at play. For the record, I did two hard restarts today before anyone asks.

I had a gps access issue the other day where it was taking a long time to acquire the gps sats- i got out of the gps/tracking using the back button then went back into play/gps/tracking and it immediately acquired gps sat. and then the course. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I had a gps access issue the other day where it was taking a long time to acquire the gps sats- i got out of the gps/tracking using the back button then went back into play/gps/tracking and it immediately acquired gps sat. and then the course. 

I wish it was that easy. I did that too nothing happened. When I got home I just set my watch on my back yard railing nothing happened. Meanwhile, my 6-year-old Garmin S20 acquire a GPs says in a few seconds.

All I'm saying is their really needs to be a firmware released soon.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

On 4/28/2023 at 8:42 PM, Zivl3 said:

Personally, I always used 'Auto' setting for putts & my V3 never had an issue recording them correctly (unlike, ahem, 'the competitor')....IF I remembered to hit the 'Pin Collect' selection. All of my putting mis-recordings stemmed from user error

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

11 hours ago, CudaKota66 said:

Personally, I always used 'Auto' setting for putts & my V3 never had an issue recording them correctly (unlike, ahem, 'the competitor')....IF I remembered to hit the 'Pin Collect' selection. All of my putting mis-recordings stemmed from user error

I always use auto as well.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

According to a SS support person - firmware update coming in 1-2 weeks. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

44 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Glad you were able to make some headway for the rest of us. Thank you Tony!! 👍  I will say that ShotScope's customer service is one of the better ones out there.

As for the rest of the readers of my blather: the grass isn't any greener with 'the competitor's product' (as many of you already know & that's why you ventured to ShotScope). Not only did their device miss 'a shot'....it missed 6 entire holes! 🤬

I did take the opportunity this weekend to make sure Ol' Reliable - aka my V3 - is fully charged, didn't require any updates, and all tags are accounted for. Not that the forecast is conducive for rounds without mittens & stocking caps in the near-future 🤪🙄

Hang in there, all

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Not to be repeating myself but want to post one more status of using my X5 - don't want to sound too much like a fan boy - but I do like the X5 even better than the V3.

Played today, waited 2 minutes for the X5 to detect GPS, it did not so I canceled and started "Play Golf" again. This time it only took a minute or less and we were ready to go.

Played 18 holes and it captured 69 of my 70 shots. During editing I discovered that it had actually missed 2 shots - but (my error) had recored an extra putt on one hole so there were 3 shots to fix. Other than that the only editing required was to check the putt distances on every hole (GPS is just not truly accurate enough on the greens). I use manual putting and that is more accurate than auto - at least for me it is.

I love the touch screen X5 - it is much easier than hitting all the buttons on the V3. Although I have noticed that it is sometimes slower to recongize a touch than other times. That is how I got the extra putt. At first I didn't think it had felt my finger, but after hitting it again, it recorded 2 putts instead of 1 putt. And that would be my only complaint at this time, I have not found a way to remove the extra putt until getting to the edit stage. There my be a way to change back to 1 putt from 2 putts before doing the pin collect - but I have not found it as yet. I am still looking. I have learned to wait longer for the response before hitting the screen again.

Sorry for all the people that are having issues, I feel your pain. But I just haven't had any so far.

Since mine is doing so well, this will be the last "mine is working fine" post for me. Good luck to everyone that have not been as lucky.

Tour Edge C721 Driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft

BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W

Maltby KE4-Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft

Maltby TSW-DRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil Dart 75 R flex/spinner shaft

Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

Although I appreciate the positive feedback from those who have experienced Shot Scope's exceptional customer service, as a new user, I am disappointed with my experience so far. Despite attempting hard resets and even placing aluminum foil over my head (jk), I have been unable to gain a GPS signal and my watch essentially functions as a brick. I would appreciate a statement from Shot Scope regarding their timeline for an update.

While I have reached out to customer support and would appreciate a direct response, I also joined Shot Scope's Facebook user group upon joining the service. It would be reassuring to see a message acknowledging the issues and providing a timeline for a firmware update. Currently, I am receiving conflicting information from various users regarding when the update will be released, which does not instill confidence that my X5 will be ready for use this weekend.

Until I see tangible progress, I must express my frustration as a disappointed X5 user.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

The firmware update addressing satellite acquisition has been released. Unexpected shutdowns to be addressed over the next 10 days.

I am looking forward to quicker satellite acquisition, but that wasn't my biggest problem. It is the fact that for us right-handed golfers, especially those of us who wear gloves, the crown button can be pushed in long enough to cause the watch to reset. So it isn't just "rounds ending unexpectedly", but the functionality of how the watch reset is done that needs to be addressed.

43 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

The firmware update addressing satellite acquisition has been released. Unexpected shutdowns to be addressed over the next 10 days.

Yep. Here's a copy of the update notification for those who might not have seen it ...

20230502_073227.jpg.765dca3e56e7cb8dcfd0b012a83a47f8.jpg

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Yep. Here's a copy of the update notification for those who might not have seen it ...

20230502_073227.jpg.765dca3e56e7cb8dcfd0b012a83a47f8.jpg

Yup got the email as well. I'm off from golf for a couple of weeks due to some minor surgery so I think I'll wait for that next version. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Hello All, I was told I should drop a link to my review here. Definitely seeing some useful info above me, looking forward to updating firmware for satellite acquisition speed increase.

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

Satellite acquisition and finding the course was very fast after installing this latest firmware. I was always able to do so in previous rounds, just nowhere near as fast.

I did put the X5 a little farther up my arm today and no shutdowns occurred, no shots were missed (except for 1 putt, but I was in Manual mode so that was user error). Other than checking the distance on a couple of my longer drives and using the Pause function before teeing off, I really don;t use any of the other features, being so familiar with the course I play. I think I do prefer the original method of unlocking the watch, as I am rarely successful doing so with just one swipe up.

19 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

I did put the X5 a little farther up my arm today and no shutdowns occurred, 

Just curious why you moved it up on your arm. What was the difference?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Just curious why you moved it up on your arm. What was the difference?

Apparently, just above the wrist where I would notmally wear my V3, my glove would press the crown button causing a reset. By moving it a little up the arm, it is far enough away that when I flex my hand the glove doesn't reach the crown button.

25 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

Apparently, just above the wrist where I would notmally wear my V3, my glove would press the crown button causing a reset. By moving it a little up the arm, it is far enough away that when I flex my hand the glove doesn't reach the crown button.

That makes sense

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

What is the purpose of the tee box selection? Is it for strokes gained? I noticed today that my home courses did not have all of the two boxes in the X5.
I will send an email to customer service however, before I do, I was trying to see the importance.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

20 point toss up.   my course has three nines.  friday has a shotgun start  so i get how to pick the course and move up to the starting hole but at the end of 9 i continue round and i choose the next nine.  Now when i finish that 9 i can't get it to go back to the other course to pick up the other holes.  not sure if i made that very clear.  im still fussing with it and my game but soooo much better than arcos

On 5/5/2023 at 9:47 PM, did you see that? said:

20 point toss up.   my course has three nines.  friday has a shotgun start  so i get how to pick the course and move up to the starting hole but at the end of 9 i continue round and i choose the next nine.  Now when i finish that 9 i can't get it to go back to the other course to pick up the other holes.  not sure if i made that very clear.  im still fussing with it and my game but soooo much better than arcos

At the end of any 9 - under the Game menu should be an option to "Continue Round" .. then you should (hopefully) see the other 9s listed..?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

7 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

At the end of any 9 - under the Game menu should be an option to "Continue Round" .. then you should (hopefully) see the other 9s listed..?

Yup - that is part of the menu. However, at least on my version of the firmware the clock doesn't continue as in the V3. So at the end of the second 9 when you 'end round' you'll only see the time for the last 9. Not a big deal for me and should be much lower on their 'fix' list. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart