Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Customer Service

fsav

Hi All,

I just wanted to give a shout out quickly to one of the best customer service units I have dealt with in my lifetime.

now there has been some questioning between the marketing aspect of taylormade and the "other" OEM's not particularlly pulling their weight to push the envelope (fully agree) but I would have to say Callaway is making splashed in Customer service.

I am making this statment fully on my dealings with Callaway tech support on the GPS side of the world and have not fully been through anything from a club or apparel standpoint considering i just don't play or wear anything in their lines.

That said, my original upro, which has since been outdated with new technology, went bad on me after three years (wouldn't connect to my PC). I thought to myself great there's $300 down the drain time to reinvest. Before doing so i called the tech support team and asked them if there was a way to troubleshoot not knowing the extent of the issue. The immediate response was something I was none too familiar with.

The tech said I am sending you an email with a packing slip, send the original with the usb back to us, and if we can't repair it we will send a new upgraded version. dumbfounded I thought there was some kind of "BUT" coming. since most of my recent customer service interactions would have suggested a snippy remark and bascially the phone call ending in me shouting and hanging up and spending more money on another product I can say pleasntly this wasn't the case. on top of that they upgraded my account to the ulimited pro mode view which gives a fly over and a satellite vie wof the course you are playing.

Callaway sent me my new device yesterday, in which, I was thinking hey if they went that far and replaced the device for free; I had also bought accessories specific to that device I wonder if they would exchange those too....

No lie I called and they sent new accessories to match the current ones I had. to boot, the rep said Frank is there any other accessories you see that you would have preferred or purchased for you new device. I said you know what the travel case is pretty cool too and he said we will throw that in for your inconveience.

this is by far the greatest experience I have ever encountered without getting heated or screaming at a rep who just wouldn't except a faulty product...Albiet this product was outside the warranty range and not faulty by the life expectanies of these items. I was fully expecting to leave the call with my tail between my legs and credit card swiped for a new device...

Anyone else have this interaction with Callaway customer service?????

• SPY VIP

I've dealt with Callaway on a few occasions myself (Pre-MyGolfSpy), and have had several friends do the same.

What I'm hearing from you is, refreshingly, nothing new to me. In my dealings, they've replaced heads, shafts, and like you, a uPRO. I've heard countless times from golfers who have received no-charge replacement products from Callaway long after the warranty has expired.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

That's great that you had a good experience. Callaway has had a LOT of trouble with those U Pros, I think they basically recalled all of last year's models due to them being defective. They're probably trying to do as much damage control as they can after that.

I recently had my 2 year old Skycaddie SGX fail on me and had to pay $75 for a replacement exchange, which I was happy with given that it was out of warranty, but Callaway's free beats SGX's $75!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

That's great to hear...usually customer service in any business is an oxymoron. But in such a competitive atmosphere it's smart to take such a pro-active, pro-customer approach. Usually you get that kind of service only if you complain long and hard. Good for you and good for Callaway!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Archived