Click'y T200 4iron..

Bang60

Anyone had a T200 4iron where the face clicks when hit a ball or tap the face on your hand, I'm wondering if some hot melt at the back of the face would help? I'm hesitant to try because I don't know what will happen as I can't remove the hot melt easy, any ideas plz?

IMG_20221107_220301.png

Edited by Bang60
Forgot photo

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

34 minutes ago, Bang60 said:

Guess no one had this kind of a problem, strange outa 200000 members huh...

Never played the t200 and therefore can't say one way or another. Maybe post or ask/tag the guys who tested the irons last year? 

Should note our membership is about 40k with our active membership being in the 2-3k range. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Never played the t200 and therefore can't say one way or another. Maybe post or ask/tag the guys who tested the irons last year? 

Should note our membership is about 40k with our active membership being in the 2-3k range. 

I tried to work out how many different brands models irons I've hit in 40 years of golf and I gave up after a 100 something, it's been a dozen in the last 3 years but I've never experienced the like of this strange clicking noise and never heard it with my playing partners clubs... 

Yeah I was on a hiding to nothing, cheers...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

2 hours ago, Bang60 said:

I tried to work out how many different brands models irons I've hit in 40 years of golf and I gave up after a 100 something, it's been a dozen in the last 3 years but I've never experienced the like of this strange clicking noise and never heard it with my playing partners clubs... 

Every clubs is slightly different.  I have experienced odd clicking noises or odd feels with clubs during most wanted testing.  One of the Titleist irons in this years test had what I considered an odd clicking noise.   How do you fix it?  You need to find the source of the noise; clicking could be coming from a lot of places.   Perhaps one of the internal weights is loose.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

Every clubs is slightly different.  I have experienced odd clicking noises or odd feels with clubs during most wanted testing.  One of the Titleist irons in this years test had what I considered an odd clicking noise.   How do you fix it?  You need to find the source of the noise; clicking could be coming from a lot of places.   Perhaps one of the internal weights is loose.   

Yeah if I could find it it might be fixable...

On 11/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, Bang60 said:

Anyone had a T200 4iron where the face clicks when hit a ball or tap the face on your hand, I'm wondering if some hot melt at the back of the face would help? I'm hesitant to try because I don't know what will happen as I can't remove the hot melt easy, any ideas plz?

IMG_20221107_220301.png

Unfortunately, I have experience with the newer model of the T-200, so I don't have direct experience with this specific club.  But, even in my version of the T-200, the back cap can be clicky when tapped on.  But not from the face, as you are describing.  Does this happen only on the 4 iron for you?  It could be a construction issue - as @cnosil mentioned... a weight or other "under the hood" component coming loose and rattling around.   I would reach out to Titleist customer service - they have been extremely helpful to me in the past.  If nothing else they may be able to give you contacts for authorized Titleist service locations that you may be able to communicate with (not sure how many actual locations there may be in New Zealand).  

My post isn't much help, but hope you are able to find the issue and get it corrected.  

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 11/10/2022 at 4:23 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Have a suggestion.  Go to Titleist.com and email their customer service department.  Also, if you go to the bottom right of that page you can click on United States and change the location to the site for your area.   Might hook up with a place down there that can help you with your issue.  Anytime you have an issue with their products take it to the source.    

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S, 58.08M 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE

My guess is it's coming from the back plate if it only happens on the one club.  Something is probably loose.  As others mentioned you should contact customer service and they can point you to an authorized place who can look at it for you and/or send it in to be repaired.

7 hours ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Unfortunately, I have experience with the newer model of the T-200, so I don't have direct experience with this specific club.  But, even in my version of the T-200, the back cap can be clicky when tapped on.  But not from the face, as you are describing.  Does this happen only on the 4 iron for you?  It could be a construction issue - as @cnosil mentioned... a weight or other "under the hood" component coming loose and rattling around.   I would reach out to Titleist customer service - they have been extremely helpful to me in the past.  If nothing else they may be able to give you contacts for authorized Titleist service locations that you may be able to communicate with (not sure how many actual locations there may be in New Zealand).  

My post isn't much help, but hope you are able to find the issue and get it corrected.  

Actually your post has triggered my memory which is not good to talk to the Titleist guy, when he's at my club next time trying to sell Titleist equipment...

4 hours ago, ChuckZ said:

Have a suggestion.  Go to Titleist.com and email their customer service department.  Also, if you go to the bottom right of that page you can click on United States and change the location to the site for your area.   Might hook up with a place down there that can help you with your issue.  Anytime you have an issue with their products take it to the source.    

Thanks should have done that first..

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

My guess is it's coming from the back plate if it only happens on the one club.  Something is probably loose.  As others mentioned you should contact customer service and they can point you to an authorized place who can look at it for you and/or send it in to be repaired.

Correct just the 4iron, I will look at the Titleist website, thanks for your advice. Cheers Colin..

• 2 months later...

Anupdate, put a L flex shaft into this head and I like it. Strange thing when I hit the ball NO click noise just normal ball striking sound, the Titleist guy had no idea when I showed him... lol