Highest visibility balls

Donn lost in San Diego

What balls are easiest to see downrange or lying in the rough? Orange, red, multi, ????  I lose sight too often.  Will use visible ball.  (Don't tell me to see eye doctor, I already do, I am 68 yrs old tho)

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

11 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

What balls are easiest to see downrange or lying in the rough? Orange, red, multi, ????  I lose sight too often.  Will use visible ball.  (Don't tell me to see eye doctor, I already do, I am 68 yrs old tho)

Many of us have switched to Yellow. Seems to be the best. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

It hurts my eyes to look hi visibility balls at address, so I only play white. But several of the old guys I play with use standard yellow regularly. They are the easiest non-white balls you can find, and I don't think orange would be more visible, and certainly not red, pink or blue. If you do a search, you'll find lots of sources that say yellow is best - why else would they be the second most common color available? YMMV

https://golfgadgetreview.com/what-color-golf-ball-is-easiest-to-see/

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

On 12/21/2022 at 9:31 AM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Depends on the sky color and grass color.  If it's a bright blue sky day, white is the best for me.  On cloudy overcast days I like yellow.  My wife only uses yellow.  There are also different shades of yellow depending on the brand, and I can even tell the difference in the yellow shades of Titleist Tour Soft and Titleist TruFeel, so experiment with different balls.  Both white and yellow are easy to see in the fairway!!  None are easy to see in the rough!!

I can not see different color colors like orange, red, blue, pink, etc as well as any multi-color or balls with shapes like truvis.  I don't even try to follow one of these balls played by someone in my group.  I'm 75 years old, just saw my eye doctor last week, and have 20/20 vision.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My experience is yellow is easiest to see and I switch to yellow in the off season for that reason.

• Driver-  Ping G410 Plus 9*
  • Fairway- Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3 Wood 16.5*
  • Hybrid- Tour Edge Hot Launch C521 19* & 22* 
  • Irons-PXG 0211 DC, 5-GW
  • Wedges-  Sub70 286 54* & Sub70 JB 58*
  • Putter- PXG Battle Ready Mustang 
  • Ball- Snell MTB-X Maxfli Tour X
  • Grips- Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize
  • Bag- Ping Hoofer USA Edition 
  • Arccos 

On 12/24/2022 at 10:49 AM, AzRoger said:

My eyes definitely aren't as good as they used to be, I find that Oakley sunglasses with the Prizm Golf lens helps me to track golf balls in flight better than without them on.

I have the B ubba Watson Prizm darks but have to get a cataract removed soon to use them.  For now, have a Rx left eye and no Rx left eye distance biased non-sunglass pair that I wear most of the time.  After the left cataract comes out, I will be able to make good use of the Prizms.  

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

For the uniqueness of it I have played almost every hue of ball, except pink.  Matte green Bridgestone, yellow Srixon, red,  matte red Volvik , orange back in the day when it was the only other color you could purchase.  The shade of yellow that is the Srixon Hi-visibility yellow, was by far the easiest to track and find. One color to absolutely avoid is blue.  My brother used some of those someone had bought for him, I'm 56 and he is 62, so he was kind of depending on me to track his tee ball for him, as he should, and although I have worn glasses most of my life I track balls pretty well.  Except BLUE!!  It was like a Black Hole opened 30 yards from the tee box, and those things just disappeared.  Hi Vis Yellow as in Srixon color yellow would be my suggestion.  Definitely NOT BLUE! 

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

On 12/24/2022 at 10:09 AM, Clivis said:

The vice shade balls look like a flaming arrow shot down the fairway.  By far the easiest for me to see.

Hands down the easiest ball to find I have ever played! 

image.png.3d606313ba527d05d2a9db08752bc7e3.png

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade