Ideas for fun times with other lady golfers (and non-golfers)

Hey ladies. I wasn't sure where to post this in the new ladies forum, but hope this will do. Ideas for fun times with other lady golfers (and non-golfers).

As president of our LGA I wanted to beef up membership and encourage more participation and excitement about being a member. So I formed some new committees.  One is a social committee tasked with coming up with 4 socials during the year that have nothing to do with golf. We have 3 new members this year that don't play golf and I told them we would plan activities we would all have fun doing together. We are all loving the social aspect.

A couple of nights ago was our 2nd social of the year. We had a Cornhole Social and crowned a team the Cornhole Queens. We had a BLAST playing on the clubhouse patio lawn and for some of us, we learned how to play Cornhole for the first time. Only about 1/2 of our members participated but some brought guests and I think I may have recruited a new member.

This was easy to plan at no cost to our club (cash bar) and the only snacks were some pretzels. See our photo below (and note two hilarious male golfers behind our heads who photo bombed us). Being one of the shorties, that's me down in front, to the left of the flag cornhole board, in the navy dress holding a glass of wine. Just look at those happy faces.

cornhole_photobombed.jpg.164f52a542ba3c5bc97d12915a93ee43.jpg

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

10 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

Hey ladies. I wasn't sure where to post this in the new ladies forum, but hope this will do. Ideas for fun times with other lady golfers (and non-golfers).

As president of our LGA I wanted to beef up membership and encourage more participation and excitement about being a member. So I formed some new committees.  One is a social committee tasked with coming up with 4 socials during the year that have nothing to do with golf. We have 3 new members this year that don't play golf and I told them we would plan activities we would all have fun doing together. We are all loving the social aspect.

A couple of nights ago was our 2nd social of the year. We had a Cornhole Social and crowned a team the Cornhole Queens. We had a BLAST playing on the clubhouse patio lawn and for some of us, we learned how to play Cornhole for the first time. Only about 1/2 of our members participated but some brought guests and I think I may have recruited a new member.

This was easy to plan at no cost to our club (cash bar) and the only snacks were some pretzels. See our photo below (and note two hilarious male golfers behind our heads who photo bombed us). Being one of the shorties, that's me down in front, to the left of the flag cornhole board, in the navy dress holding a glass of wine. Just look at those happy faces.

cornhole_photobombed.jpg.164f52a542ba3c5bc97d12915a93ee43.jpg

I LOVE this Artful!!!  What a great idea to engage your existing members and new members alike to be more active... if only we had an "MGS MEMBER Virtual Cornhole Championship Tour" on the Forum ;).  It looks like you all had a great time.  Congratulations on the success in pulling together these event and the committee!!  I see a couple of potential MyGolfSpy New Members in that picture.... 😉 Not so sure about the two guys in the back  haha.  

Thanks for posting this!!

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

On 5/14/2023 at 7:49 AM, GolfSpy TCB said:

I LOVE this Artful!!!  What a great idea to engage your existing members and new members alike to be more active... if only we had an "MGS MEMBER Virtual Cornhole Championship Tour" on the Forum ;).  It looks like you all had a great time.  Congratulations on the success in pulling together these event and the committee!!  I see a couple of potential MyGolfSpy New Members in that picture.... 😉 Not so sure about the two guys in the back  haha.  

Thanks for posting this!!

I have tried to recruit new MGS members since I first joined. Some men have joined but if any women have joined they are just lurking and so don't know about them.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

Hey ladies. I posted something in the Random Thread forum about my LGA Flamingo Ladies Invitational. I think you will also be interested in it because it's a tournament by and for ladies.

If I copied it correctly, this is a link:

PXG 0811 XF driver