Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

SuperSpeed Golf - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

thats gnarly Gavinski!

had my first pre-session 100mph driver swing today, but only had one crushed drive during this mornings real golf round... Its hard to get the driver speed up at the crack of dawn...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Finished week 3 today. I seem to have hit a speed plateau, particularly with the step swing, in training. Having said that, my Shot Scope PAve for driver is now 197, versus 191 when I started training. It's nice to see solid results on course so quickly!

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Kuro Kage HBP Black Gen 2, 44.5" length

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-W - Recoil 80 F3 shaft (1)

Cleveland CBX4 50* and 58*, Smart Sole 4C - Recoil 95 F3 shaft

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Currently doing a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

18 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Here's a shot on the summit - I'm in the red jacket.

This is an amazing picture!! What an accomplishment. Mountaineering has always fascinated me, just don't live close enough to mountains right now to try to get into it as a hobby. Definitely a bit jealous 😄

I'm starting my first session tonight. I've been out and mostly inactive due to a knee injury that happened the day after I got my equipment. Super depressing, didn't realize how much not being able to play golf would really affect me. I'm also updating my main post with my unboxing thoughts and pictures, as well as my initial speed! 

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

Last night's session showed that I'm definitely not back to 100% from the mountaineering trip - my numbers were down almost entirely across the board (with a few non-dominant side exceptions). I also did the session in the garage, which may have played a factor - I feel like I always struggle to swing at max power indoors, there's definitely a bit of a mental block there.

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

So, we're done with week three and I'm noticing a slight plateau or normalization period coming in. Here's the numbers from Saturday

YR: 103, 104, 105 YL: 84, 84, 80 GR: 99, 102, 100 GL: 79, 84, 83 BR: 96, 98, 97 BL: 76, 76, 78 YRS: 100, 100, 98 YLS: 79, 81, 80 GRS: 93, 96, 93 GLS: 80, 78, 77 BRS: 90, 93, 92 BLS: 73, 77, 72 M: 106, 110, 107

D: 96, 96, 96, 94, 96

Here's the numbers from yesterday's training

YR: 105, 105, 106 YL: 81, 83, 82 GR: 99, 100, 102 GL: 82, 82, 80 BR: 95, 97, 99 BL: 79, 79, 79 YRS: 98, 98, 99 YLS: 75, 81, 80 GRS: 94, 92, 92 GLS: 74, 74, 75 BRS: 86, 90, 89 BLS: 72, 72, 71 M: 106, 108, 109

D: 94, 95, 95, 96, 95

Now, I'll admit, the lower speeds on Monday night may come from playing 18 holes that morning and this being the first training session where play was followed by training, but I don't know. My body is just normalizing back to where it is right now, and that's great as far as I'm concerned. I understand that this isn't always going to be jump and jump, but I hope that this retention stage lets the pre-swing speeds start to creep on up closer to the higher 90's number by the end of the first five weeks.

I'm happy to get a break today before starting with week 4 (where does time go!) on Wednesday so I can get back on the regular schedule.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

GR: 99, 102, 100 GRS: 93, 96, 93 

So interesting to me that your step swing is slower than your normal swing. Total opposite for me. 

I had a really rough session today. I played twice over the extended weekend and walked a course that I probably shouldn’t have. Oops. Great exercise = sore muscles who knew 🤣. All of my numbers were relatively the same as my last session. I think I might take two days off before I do another training session and see if that helps. The weekends have been so busy lately that they don’t feel like days off. This I feel is good insight for people with busy lives and how that could affect training and gains. I was trying to muscle up everything I had and was still leveling off on speed. 

WITB

Driver: :taylormade-small:Stealth Plus+  Diamana ZF60 Flex X Shaft

3 Wood:  :cobra-small: King F8

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSI3

Irons: :titleist-small: 2019 T100s Limited Edition Black

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM6s 52, 56, & 60 (Black Heads)

Putter: :cameron-small:  Phantom X 5.5

Gear: Bushnell Wingman & Shot Scope Pro LX+w/H4 for yardages. 

Stat Tracking: The Grint App

17 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

So interesting to me that your step swing is slower than your normal swing. Total opposite for me. 

So I have a theory, and it's just my own theory at this point. My brain doesn't like trying to do multiple tasks physically at once, and I think that's blocking me from achieving more in the step swing. I get too focused on the step, not the swing, that I might be losing rotational force. It's worth keeping an eye on for sure, but as long as the base speeds keep moving upward, I'm ok with the difficulties of maybe being an outlier.

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

So I have a theory, and it's just my own theory at this point. My brain doesn't like trying to do multiple tasks physically at once, and I think that's blocking me from achieving more in the step swing. I get too focused on the step, not the swing, that I might be losing rotational force. It's worth keeping an eye on for sure, but as long as the base speeds keep moving upward, I'm ok with the difficulties of maybe being an outlier.

I think there might be something to your theory because I've tended to also have step swings slower than my regular swings. This morning I started week-4 and for the step swings, focused on the swing and tried to let the step just happen. This approach seemed to work as all but two of my step swings were faster than the non-step swings. 

Odyssey Original 2-Ball White Hot counterbalanced (lead tape in the head, Super Stroke grip with 50-gram weight)

Other: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

58 minutes ago, BobBC78 said:

I think there might be something to your theory because I've tended to also have step swings slower than my regular swings. This morning I started week-4 and for the step swings, focused on the swing and tried to let the step just happen. This approach seemed to work as all but two of my step swings were faster than the non-step swings. 

That's what this testing is about right? Getting yourself out of the typical comfort zone of swings to allow your body to take over. The problem is... at least as far as step swings, I haven't given myself over to that end yet.

SIK Golf Flo-C

I think I'm gonna need to start incorporating some kind of neck warmup into the usual dynamic warmup routine - very stiff and sore neck after this morning's session, could feel it coming pretty early into the session.

Powered by :Arccos:

2020 ExPutt Official Review | 2021 Cobra Connect Five Participant | 2023 SuperSpeed Official Review

well, Im kinda up and down depending on which club and which hand. But, the most important ones are up. The pre and post session driver swings are up to 102 pre, and 104 post. I tried crazy fast swings first 9 this mornings round, but only had one good one, and the rest just ho-hum. But back 9 I just did my normal swing , and had great results, with a couple 260-270 jobs.

Week 4 got underway last night, and after taking a fall onto my knee and skinning it up after twisting my ankle on the pavement, I'm really happy with the results of this test at Hickory Hill Golf Club's driving range. Below are the numbers for your perusal

PRE D  98, 96, 97, 94, 94

YR: 105, 107, 105 YL: 87, 82, 83 GR: 103, 103, 102 GL: 83, 83, 80 BR: 100, 100, 99 BL: 79, 80, 79 YRS: 101, 101, 101 YLS: 81, 86, 83 GRS: 94, 97, 98 GLS: 80, 80, 81 BRS: 92, 95, 94 BLS: 78, 79, 77 M: 111, 107, 110

POST D  97, 98, 99, 98, 97

So, let's talk about the good here. New high averages across the board with right side swings, including the first blue sticks to hit over 100 on standard swings. Also, a new high in max swing at 111, which leads to me dreaming of going faster later this week. Also, step swings are up a touch, although not as fast as standard swings as last night I focused on getting through the ball with the step and just letting my body move more. The start of the week speed is also up to 98, where if the collation between where I start the week and where I get to as my high for the week is, means triple digits with the driver should be this week as we improve roughly 2-3 mph week on week for fastest overall swing.

A couple of hiccups I don't like though, still not hitting over 80 for all left-side swings. It's the last blue sticks that get that, so focus on that this week is paramount. I also feel as if I do get fatigued right around the green steps as you see there is the largest drop-off from standard to step swings. Part of it is overall fitness, but another part of it as I believe is sometimes a lack of dropping focus after making almost 30 swings to that point. Gotta get your head in the game Berg!

Lastly a couple of pictures, because if you don't think we're working hard with this training, here's a picture of me after completing this session. You can see the color my shirt is supposed to be on the bottom right hand side of the image, and you can see what it looks like from sweat like... everywhere else.

image.png.9822f69c08613ed3a990e867e149b2bc.png

But, a good husband treats his wife when she helps out... ice cream on the longest day of the year, yes please!

image.png.662a6b26834d057cd0b83b7f496d8d52.png

SIK Golf Flo-C

haha Berg, I hear ya on the sweating thing! But I'm locked into my steel garage/quansit hut, when its 75*. Today, I way overdid everything, and took hundreds of swings, and all that after my morning round. minor gains and losses across the board, but the most interesting thing was hitting an old,  stiff, steel shafted, cobra blade, 7-iron, after hitting my stiff flex recoil graphite Hogan ptx.  

And so this may be a question for the good Doctor. after numerous good swings and strikes with the stiff recoil Hogan ptx, my max today was 88mph, at 174 yards, which is a good hit. After that I switched to the stiff flex steel shafted cobra blade and had 2-3 over 90 mph, but the real gagger was getting these hits to carry over 180 yds, 3 of them in fact. I thought it was a mis-read at first, but then got a few more with the same results.

Subject.png.e4e4644ed0df63f4c173b15984d1da10.png

So the question is, do steel shafts go faster and kick harder? Am I losing distance with my switch to graphite shafts?

Why would a 30 year old blade go faster and longer than a new tech club... Things that make ya go hmmmmm

Session 2, week 4 of Super Speed training today. I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau on the normal dominant swings, non-dominant and step swings both sides are showing some improvement which could be due to the learning curve as I get more comfortable with both.

Please note, I made a change to my results in the "2023 Recording Sheet" today, switching all "before" and "after" results to "air swings", rather than those from actually hitting a ball as I had used initially. I made this change because I have not been able to get to the range weekly to get the results from actually hitting a ball. The values in the table now in my results reflect the "before" and "after" air swings that I take during a training session in my yard. 

So swing session last night led to my biggest breakthrough. Finally hit 80 or more on all left side swings! Came close but got it done. Other than that, fairly decent set, no new highs, just consistent speed. 

So I played today as well. Shot 76 with 14 pars and 4 bogeys. Being honest, I drove it like crap today. I had maybe 3 decent drives all day and it was more at swing path deal than anything else.

But one thing I have noticed, iron shots are going quite a bit further. For example, last par 3 of the round played today at 177. I hit a 6 iron, which should have just covered the front part of the green, then rolled in mid green, instead it flew to mid green and finished 30 feet past pin high. Irons and wedges were appreciatively 5-7 yards longer today, amd that was a nice surprise.

SIK Golf Flo-C

To hopefully bring some eyes back to the thread, here are the numbers from swing set 2, swing set 3 is coming tonight. Something worth noting: I could get some help from my fellow testers or those who are more fitness inclined than I am. After these sessions, if I'm going full bore, I have some pain in my right chest area, likely from muscle fatigue or strain. Is there any specific exercise or stretch I could add to the warm-up to help either strengthen those muscles or stretch them better? That way it doesn't feel like there's so much dull pain there. Anywho... here's some numbers

PRE D  95, 96, 94, 95, 96

YR: 107, 106, 106 YL: 85, 87, 81 GR: 99, 99, 100 GL: 85, 83, 85 BR: 96, 97, 95 BL: 81, 81, 80 YRS: 101, 100, 103 YLS: 83, 82, 83 GRS: 93, 93, 96 GLS: 77, 82, 81 BRS: 87, 94, 93 BLS: 76, 77, 75 M: 108, 109, 107

POST D  98, 99, 99, 98, 98

SIK Golf Flo-C

2 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

To hopefully bring some eyes back to the thread, here are the numbers from swing set 2, swing set 3 is coming tonight. Something worth noting: I could get some help from my fellow testers or those who are more fitness inclined than I am. After these sessions, if I'm going full bore, I have some pain in my right chest area, likely from muscle fatigue or strain. Is there any specific exercise or stretch I could add to the warm-up to help either strengthen those muscles or stretch them better? That way it doesn't feel like there's so much dull pain there. Anywho... here's some numbers

PRE D  95, 96, 94, 95, 96

YR: 107, 106, 106 YL: 85, 87, 81 GR: 99, 99, 100 GL: 85, 83, 85 BR: 96, 97, 95 BL: 81, 81, 80 YRS: 101, 100, 103 YLS: 83, 82, 83 GRS: 93, 93, 96 GLS: 77, 82, 81 BRS: 87, 94, 93 BLS: 76, 77, 75 M: 108, 109, 107

POST D  98, 99, 99, 98, 98

Fit for golf has a warmup I do every day. That helps (so does hitting the gym three days a week and chasing around a preschooler).

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I finished my fourth week today! Although my original intention was to go to the range on Tuesdays to update my speed for swings "with ball", but various factors (weather, stuff to do at home, playing, etc) resulted in my not doing so, hence I am reporting "pre-train" and "post-train" speed based on "air swings" done with each session. Today's results were 83 and 86, respectively and my final dominant swing with the yellow club was 94. After noting previously that I felt as though I have hit a plateau, it struck me today that the "pre-train" and "post-train" swings for my first session were 73 and 77, respectively, meaning that I've gained 10 mph in speed in four weeks. 

Results for my 12th session (fastest swing only) are as follows:

DominantYellow - 90Green -87Blue - 85

Non-Dominant - Yellow - 79Green - 73Blue - 72

Step Dominant - Yellow - 90Green - 87Blue - 87

Step Non-Dominant - Yellow - 84Green - 81, Blue - 76

I am hoping to get to the range later this week and check club head speeds and ball speeds.

20 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

But one thing I have noticed, iron shots are going quite a bit further. 

Totally agree with this

Just finished todays session. Small gains, but still, there are gains. Some areas were a bit weaker, but not crazy. 

What I like are the pre and post Driver gains, although I dont use this swing when I play, and its the John Daly  version. But I do think Im going to try to add this swing into play tomorrow, to see what it does. Im getting 103-106 mph, with 260 carry now and then, and I want to see what it might do on the real track.

Thats kind of the scary part of this whole deal, is that I'm almost afraid to swing in training mode, at the real game. As I Play almost every day, I shouldn't be too worried about it and just let it rip, and if it goes awry, theres always tomorrow. 

So that's what the horizon looks like, and with thu der in the background... Sadly session three may have to wait until tomorrow

20230626_180536.jpg

SIK Golf Flo-C

I was lucky to get today's session in as rain is expected for the next several days. 

Fun to take a quick read at people's experiences. A few things that jump out to me. First is that it is okay to swing a little more "controlled" on the course. The goal of course is to get speed to transfer to the range hitting balls and then to the course, but it does take some time. Whats awesome is to hear a lot who have the balanced swing that is now going farther than ever, great stuff!

Some people mentioned the step swing vs the normal. Some players who struggle leading with the lower body have a hard time getting those step swing numbers to jump up above the normal. Really focusing on initiating the movement of the lower forward can help that and it might always be a struggle. 

Try and push through and break through the plateaus. IN your speed trianing, get creative, get crazy, really try and push those speeds up as high as possible and then of course as you play and practice work on getting the club and ball to connect solidly, but on the speed days, push that speed. 

Great work so far!!

A bit behind on the schedule, as I'm still recovering from a neck sprain last week and have yet to start week 4 of the program. I'm getting close on recovery, but want to make sure that I'm 100% b/c if I come back too soon it's pretty easy to re-injure myself.