SQAIRZ SPEED BOLD Shoes - 2023 Forum Review

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to Sepp Straka (wearing his Sqairz Bold)on winning the John Deere Classic and shooting a 62 in his final round (with a double bogey on 18). I’m still very impressed with the comfort and stability of these shoes and have to say that if I weren’t selected as a tester for these shoes, I probably wouldn’t have given them a 2nd look. Thanks again Sqairz and MGS!

:callaway-small: Jaws 58 wedge

:callaway-small:Paradym 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, P, AW, GW

:callaway-small: Paradym 3wood, 5wood, 7wood and Driver

:odyssey-small: White hot OG Seven putter

I bot a pair of Sqairz because I thought it would help my stability.  I tend to sway. I am 68, swing A flex on 3 w and driver.  I can't swing a driver length club well, the 3 wood is my max shaft length I can control properly.  Unfortunately I learned that my feet are not the problem.  My upper body and core (scoliosos and kyphosis) are the culprit, and the Sqairz are too stiff for me.  I can't rotate my rear foot as fast, so my swing is poor.  I will try a few more times but I think I learned a lesson.  If you can't swing fast enough to lose your footing, Sqairz are probably not a help.  Not a complaint against Sqairz, just an observation.  

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

1 hour ago, Javs said:

Interesting that the 1/4 inch has made that much of a negative effect for you. I have had great results with these shoes. Maybe I needed the extra 1/4, ha ha

LOL! Right.  Apparently 1/4" means a lot to some people (don't tell my wife 🤣).  I also found out last night that my PW is now 2 degrees upright, so I am wondering if that may be exacerbating the issue.  I believe that moving my heels up lives my hands down which would mean that a flatter lie angle would be beneficial where an upright club lie would cause the heel to be coming up which would be problematic. The tech at the golf shop mentioned that hitting on mats with forged clubs would cause movement over time. I guess that makes sense.  Apparently when in college he would have his loft and lie checked every 6 months and there would often be adjustments.  Who knew?

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

1 hour ago, Subdiver1 said:

LOL! Right.  Apparently 1/4" means a lot to some people (don't tell my wife 🤣).  I also found out last night that my PW is now 2 degrees upright, so I am wondering if that may be exacerbating the issue.  I believe that moving my heels up lives my hands down which would mean that a flatter lie angle would be beneficial where an upright club lie would cause the heel to be coming up which would be problematic. The tech at the golf shop mentioned that hitting on mats with forged clubs would cause movement over time. I guess that makes sense.  Apparently when in college he would have his loft and lie checked every 6 months and there would often be adjustments.  Who knew?

Ha ha, yep on the 1/4 inch! He is correct on the forged clubs and mats, but I wouldn’t think it would move that much. I hit irons 2 degrees flat and wedges 1 degree flat. However, I am a lying 5’10” with longer arms. 

Play like a champion today!

I was wanting to reach out and see if there is anything somebody following the thread wanted to see that has not yet or if there is any questions anyone has had about the shoe they would like more info on

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

On 6/27/2023 at 9:47 AM, Subdiver1 said:

Funny you mention this height difference.  I read this when you posted it and meant to do some measuring, but got sidetracked.  I played a pretty lights out even par round June 17th (Saturday - lights out because I had 5 birdies - then the lights went out), and a +6 on Sunday.  I cannot recall if I was wearing the new shoes (Squarz) o not.  The last few rounds I have been killing it off the tee, long and consistent, but my iron game has been atrocious.  This post occurred to me again and I finally measured last night; the Square are 1/4" higher than my Skechers.  I am wondering if that is the difference.  As much as I hate to give up this tee game, I really need the scoring shots so I am going to have to figure it all out one way or the other.  Wondering if any of you other folks are having the same issue (if you are wearing the Square or another "new" brand) with a different height than your previous shoe?  What did you do about it?

You know, I had never even considered this as an issue, but my fittings were all done in my original Sqairz (country sole Arrows) before they wore out and were replaced under warranty (twice...once with a 2nd pair of those and then with a pair of Speed in similar white w/ navy accent).  I would not be at all surprised that the height as much as anything is why I am playing better right now because my irons and wedges are sitting right on the turf at address and as I come through the ball.

If I have to change shoes, I know for sure that I hope to not lose my currently very reliable nice high cut that occasionally pulls a "Jon Rahm" and doesn't cut but rips right down the left side of the fairway or maybe the left rough...and hopefully no further left...For now, that's been giving me a shot at getting on the green on almost every hole for the last 10-15 rounds, which is a new feeling.  More importantly, the lowering of my scores is a direct correlation to when I started wearing the Sqairz full-time.

On 7/11/2023 at 12:22 PM, Blaine Dye said:

I was wanting to reach out and see if there is anything somebody following the thread wanted to see that has not yet or if there is any questions anyone has had about the shoe they would like more info on

Do you find the shoe materials are holding up? My experience with the shoes is that they are very durable. 

Play like a champion today!

38 minutes ago, Javs said:

Do you find the shoe materials are holding up? My experience with the shoes is that they are very durable. 

I have not had great luck with mine, but I bought them when they were basically guaranteeing them to last a full year, so that helped.  The 2 "Country Sole" Arrow models lasted less than 1 1/2 months each before the sole tore off at the left outer front seam between the spiked outsole and the midsole and the right shoes' toes tore at the front in the same section.  The 1st pair of the Speed model shoes I was sent as the 2nd replacement pair was a little better, but eventually tore in the same way after 3 months.  The 2nd set of Speeds I was sent after that is what I've been wearing until most recently.  I have maybe 2-3 months total on them and they have some of the exact same wear showing.  I have tried cleaning both the original Speed pair (they didn't make me send those back, which is nice) and the replacement Speeds, further cleaning the area with rubbing alcohol and letting it dry, and then using high-strength commercial shoe repair glue on them.  That's helped a little, but not totally.  Maybe these can't handle my swing mechanics or something...not sure...I do have a little Scottie Scheffler footwork thing going when I'm really hitting bombs, so I'm not easy on any type of golf shoes, but man, basically 5 pairs of shoes in about 15 months and none of them are fully intact isn't a great track record.  I did find a pair of basically new Speeds in black on eBay that I bought last week that I've now worn twice.  I hope these hold up, but I'll be even more attentive to the issues with them and try to get them sealed earlier and see if that helps.

If these did not have a demonstrably large positive effect on my golf game, I'd have given up on them.  It's a shame their durability isn't great, because the concept, performance, and comfort are literally 10 / 10 across the board.

50 minutes ago, ctg44 said:

Maybe these can't handle my swing mechanics or something...not sure

Funny you say this. I am also very hard on shoes, and watches and other stuff 🙄 as well.  Typically I see separation in the toe area of shoes; I think due to the way I turn back and through and end up on my front heel and back toe. Haven't see  this yet on the Sqairz, but time will tell.

2 hours ago, Javs said:

I am not hard on shoes and have never actually worn out a pair of golf shoes yet, I end up getting new ones every few years as a change rather than necessity. With that said, I haven't noticed any problems or concerns with wear yet.  I have worn these shoes now for a total of about 5 round plus about 5 trips to the range and they are holding up great so far.  All rounds have been in a cart since it is summer in AZ and walking is a bit difficult right now.  I do swing quite aggressively though probably not as aggressive as @ctg44 notes above with the Scottie Scheffler foot movement.

Driver      PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png      G400 Max 10.5 - Project X Even Flow Riptide CB 70g 6.5 Extra Stiff
Fairway  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4W         949X - Project X Mid Launch 6.0 Stiff
Hybrid     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    3H         G Hybrid - Alta 70 Stiff
Irons     Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png             4U         699 Pro Utility - Project X 6.0 Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png              5-PW    639CB Forged Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
Wedges  Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            AW       50 JB Forged Wedge Black - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                              Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png            SW       54 TAIII 54LB - True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Stiff
                Sub70.png.65c5bfb250d7345357c4ba1b26648e6c.png                 LW       60 JB Forged Satin Wedge - Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 Steel
Putter    368532612_LABGolf.jpg.e21b53ae4c47d5f3cfc2622cc66b2f4e.jpg              L.A.B     DF2.1
Ball        BridgestoneBlackLogo-SmallCropped.jpg.72110691d0627f2c80b847b41fec7f06.jpg             Bridgestone Tour B XS or Tour B X
Bag     PingLogo.png.a251f81c845ada3af20f32f8b6a253b0.png    2022 Hoofer Lite in Grey
Shoes   SqairzLogo.jpg.b72c9f55f7b63f0f5f6b531422f8e6ab.jpg  Speed Bold in Black
Glove   RedRoosterLogo.png.8ab7e5022e0052c04f2a8a208b191ceb.png

No issues with my Sqairz bold either. Have probably played 10-12 rounds walking in them the past 4 weeks and the only complaint I have is they keep coming untied. I was hoping the tacky bubble laces would prevent that from happening but unfortunately that is not the case. Not sure if any other Walkers are experiencing this as well?

On 7/14/2023 at 12:45 PM, Javs said:

Seems most are having great results. I own four pairs myself. I have been very pleased with these shoes.

Granted we have not had them very long to really get into the durability I have noticed I've lost a few of the bubbles  off the STA-PUT laces but as far as the shoes i have had no issues besides the breathability of them

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

From what I've found, given I played pretty good yesterday, the extra 1/4 inch doesn't affect my game that much. I've also noticed, they are getting more comfortable as I continue to break them in.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

Today went and played a round in the morning really just experimenting so i played the first 4 holes with my tour alphas and was playing okay bogey on 2 holes and had a chance at birdie and missed then i put my sqairz on and played the same 4 holes and shot level par with missing 2 birdie putts i can clearly see that the shoes have helped my game not really in the distance category but more in my confidence and hitting the ball more in the center of the fairway i feel like i dont go right and left as much not sure how that is the shoes but i just feel more comfortable in them alot of it has to do i think with alignment and trusting the line i have is good and just hitting the shot  

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

Played another round in these yesterday, I am getting used to them more and liking them more each time. I played in my old shoes last week and they did not perform nearly as well. Hoping to play one more round before the end of the month then I will finish my review.

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

Last testing session today. I brought my old PT15 out to see how I hit is. Goes better than my existing Callaway Epic 3w. Head looks amazingly small, but felt great. Great practice club.

My 7 iron (36 dgree), according to the Rabsodo, were 158, 162, 162, 163, 180, 157, 152, 156, 150. Avg of 160. Are there outliers where I can tell I hit them poorly, with one rocket?  Of course. This was the best training session I had in a while. The clubs went further than usual. My PT15 maxed out at 244. My old cleveland 2hybrid 19 degree was in the high 220's. 

I felt quite stable through every shot. the extra heel lift that i feel doesn't bother me anymore. 

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

image.png

I concur with my fellow testers regarding the stability of these shoes. It doesn’t matter whether the conditions are dry or wet. The Sqairz Bold shoes will definitely be my go to shoe for morning rounds and wet conditions as I’ve already played 15+ walking rounds in them. At the beginning of the testing period, I had developed Plantar fasciitis which subsequently subsided. At Bob’s request (founder of Sqairz) I tested the shoes without the special insoles that my Podiatrist prescribed. To my surprise,I didn’t experience any pain/discomfort wearing the Sqairz shoes. It’s been very hot/humid here in the northeast but the sweating remarks from other forum members haven’t been an issue with me. I look forward to writing my final review in the near future. 

On 7/9/2023 at 2:05 PM, Javs said:

Interesting that the 1/4 inch has made that much of a negative effect for you. I have had great results with these shoes. Maybe I needed the extra 1/4, ha ha

On 7/17/2023 at 5:32 AM, JeremyD said:

From what I've found, given I played pretty good yesterday, the extra 1/4 inch doesn't affect my game that much. I've also noticed, they are getting more comfortable as I continue to break them in.

Interesting that you both note the 1/4".  I was wondering how much that could be attributed to some contact issues I was having, but I seem to have adjusted and am now sticking the ball well again. Completed my PAT with rounds of 78 and 74 morning and afternoon respectively.  So either I have adapted or the shoes have dropped that 1/4" after being worn in a bit more?  I agree that they are getting even more comfortable after a few more rounds.  I really have no complaints here either and am looking forward to reading more of the tester's comments and observations.  Thanks for sharing.

On 7/14/2023 at 6:17 AM, ctg44 said:

You know, I had never even considered this as an issue, but my fittings were all done in my original Sqairz (country sole Arrows) before they wore out and were replaced under warranty (twice...once with a 2nd pair of those and then with a pair of Speed in similar white w/ navy accent).  I would not be at all surprised that the height as much as anything is why I am playing better right now because my irons and wedges are sitting right on the turf at address and as I come through the ball.

If I have to change shoes, I know for sure that I hope to not lose my currently very reliable nice high cut that occasionally pulls a "Jon Rahm" and doesn't cut but rips right down the left side of the fairway or maybe the left rough...and hopefully no further left...For now, that's been giving me a shot at getting on the green on almost every hole for the last 10-15 rounds, which is a new feeling.  More importantly, the lowering of my scores is a direct correlation to when I started wearing the Sqairz full-time.

Apologies for taking so long to read and respond.  My evening reading and web surfing has been overcome lately with puppy duty.  Anyway, when I identified the 1/4" difference I didn't think much of it; if anything I kind of considered it a more athletic, balls of the feet, position.  I would say that the balls striking issue was most likely correlation vs. causation, but I wanted to know if anyone else was seeing anything similar and therefore possibly SOME causation.  The feeling or more stability may also have resulted in some oversewing that would cause contact consistency issues.  I recently tried choking up a bit on my irons and that seemed to help, but again there could be more correlation than causation going on because lately I haven't even been considering position or choking up and my ball striking has been back on resulting on several even handicap rounds.  Granted, I'd like to see some below handicap numbers, but I'll take anything in the mid- to low- 70s as a good sign I am hitting the ball well.  Considering my putting has been in the low 30 #s/ round lately that means my ball striking is even better because obviously my putting has taken a serious hit...hmmmm I wonder if I can blame that 1/4" on my putting being in a suck rut 🤔  Yeah 🤣🤣🤣 probably not  

Edited by Subdiver1

On 6/17/2023 at 7:24 AM, JeremyD said:

My misses were different. I was thinning. Got home and saw the difference between my worn out FJ's and the Sqairz. I was almost an inch higher in the Sqairz.

Okay, so as usual I am bit late to the game as I am catching up, but 1"?  WOW!  As posted I noted the difference between my Skechers and the Squairz, but that was 1/4".  I can see where a whole inch wold cause some issues.  Bob noted my post I guess because he sent me a PM asking about my measurements and such. That was IMPRESSIVE.  To know that the owner is watching a bunch of weekend warriors wearing and commenting on his product says volumes to me about the company.  

The comfort had me leaning toward being a convert, but that response and my recent return to relatively good, consistent striking has me trying to figure out if I should wait to see if there is a good break on Veteran's Day or Black Friday or just order my next pair now.  I do want to read what everyone has to say at the conclusion of their testing, but I am liking what I am reading and what I am personally experiencing.  Sorry for being so late to the game, but I am glad you noted this information in your review.

Cheers

On 6/23/2023 at 11:32 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

How is comfort after a full 18?

I've walked 36 in them and not had a second thought.  I won't say that they were a huge improvement over my other shoe, but they are definitely comfortable enough to wear through walking 36 holes, over hill and dale in WA state, and still be able to stand comfortably or walk around afterward.

6 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

Okay, so as usual I am bit late to the game as I am catching up, but 1"?  WOW!  As posted I noted the difference between my Skechers and the Squairz, but that was 1/4".  I can see where a whole inch wold cause some issues.  Bob noted my post I guess because he sent me a PM asking about my measurements and such. That was IMPRESSIVE.  To know that the owner is watching a bunch of weekend warriors wearing and commenting on his product says volumes to me about the company.  

The comfort had me leaning toward being a convert, but that response and my recent return to relatively good, consistent striking has me trying to figure out if I should wait to see if there is a good break on Veteran's Day or Black Friday or just order my next pair now.  I do want to read what everyone has to say at the conclusion of their testing, but I am liking what I am reading and what I am personally experiencing.  Sorry for being so late to the game, but I am glad you noted this information in your review.

Cheers

So it was a non scientific measurement, so it may have been less than an inch. It was definitely noticeable. Now, these are compared to my FJ, which are very low. As compared to other athletic type shoes, the height difference may not even be noticeable. as of right now, I've become comfortable with the difference, and actually like it.

WITB

image.png

Final review posted. Hope it makes sense. Feel free to ask questions.

WITB

image.png

Loved reading through this review!  Of course everyone talks about the stability of this shoe.  I'm curious if any of the testers have ever had the Under Armour spikes.  I've always considered those the absolute most stable and the best traction on the market.  I was curious how the Sqairz compare in terms of stability and traction to those.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

On 7/28/2023 at 5:16 AM, JeremyD said:

non scientific measurement

@JeremyD I've been discussing measurements with some other folks so I am interested in the discussion and agree that even my measurements weren't quite "scientific" since I didn't measure compression, install new cleats on each shoe, measure where in the heel cup to ensure uniformity etc.  I tried to make it "fair" and capture the honest comparison between the two to determine affect.  As the discussion went, drop is a factor.  Runners are familiar with how drop affects gate etc. and that same drop can impact how we contact the ball because of a more upright (more weight to the toe vs. level or heel leaning) position.  I really think, from experience, that we adapt to this (to a certain degree, e.g, wearing Hookuh shoes vs. Five Fingers running shoes) there are certain extremes one cannot just adjust to without time and training.   I have also made the adjustment, 78-74 back to back, same-day rounds last week I would think attests to that.  I noted the difference in my ball striking could easily be correlation vs. causation so I hope everyone took that with a grain of salt.  A runner shouldn't blame piriformis issues is or IT Band syndrome on a 1mm shift in shoe drop, but they might.  Looking back at what I wrote, I am going to restate that, based on my experience in comfort and stability, AND the company response, I would recommend anyone try these shoes out (for what that recommendation is worth).  We all have different needs and experiences.  Mine is that I had some initial issues that may or may not be related to the difference in old vs. new shoe structure, but I have adapted to that change, of there really was any, and am looking forward to seeing what the change brings. Everyone should, at least primarily, pay much more attention to what you and the other testers have experienced than what I am adding to the discussion.  One of the things I REALLY like about the forums and testing here is the interaction.  I think it truly helps break out products.

Cheers,

Scott

I have a fragile trail knee. It gets tweaked easily. Everyone boasts the stability of these shoes. Does it make you feel locked in, in the lower body and can it tweak a trail knee? I know this depends on the person. But, just curious if anyone felt this was an issue, putting pressure on the the trail knee?

3 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

I have a fragile trail knee. It gets tweaked easily. Everyone boasts the stability of these shoes. Does it make you feel locked in, in the lower body and can it tweak a trail knee? I know this depends on the person. But, just curious if anyone felt this was an issue, putting pressure on the the trail knee?

I definitely put more pressure on my lead leg (left) wearing these, but have very large calf muscles that take most of the abuse.  I had surgery on that knee to clean up some issues way back in 2000, but it's never even been sore after an extended range session.   I haven't ever felt pressure on my trail knee wearing the Sqairz.

13 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

@JeremyD I've been discussing measurements with some other folks so I am interested in the discussion and agree that even my measurements weren't quite "scientific" since I didn't measure compression, install new cleats on each shoe, measure where in the heel cup to ensure uniformity etc.  I tried to make it "fair" and capture the honest comparison between the two to determine affect.  As the discussion went, drop is a factor.  Runners are familiar with how drop affects gate etc. and that same drop can impact how we contact the ball because of a more upright (more weight to the toe vs. level or heel leaning) position.  I really think, from experience, that we adapt to this (to a certain degree, e.g, wearing Hookuh shoes vs. Five Fingers running shoes) there are certain extremes one cannot just adjust to without time and training.   I have also made the adjustment, 78-74 back to back, same-day rounds last week I would think attests to that.  I noted the difference in my ball striking could easily be correlation vs. causation so I hope everyone took that with a grain of salt.  A runner shouldn't blame piriformis issues is or IT Band syndrome on a 1mm shift in shoe drop, but they might.  Looking back at what I wrote, I am going to restate that, based on my experience in comfort and stability, AND the company response, I would recommend anyone try these shoes out (for what that recommendation is worth).  We all have different needs and experiences.  Mine is that I had some initial issues that may or may not be related to the difference in old vs. new shoe structure, but I have adapted to that change, of there really was any, and am looking forward to seeing what the change brings. Everyone should, at least primarily, pay much more attention to what you and the other testers have experienced than what I am adding to the discussion.  One of the things I REALLY like about the forums and testing here is the interaction.  I think it truly helps break out products.

Cheers,

Scott

I had my wife measure my fingertips standing in each pair. That was my science. I was comparing from what I was currently dealing with, to what a new pair was like. I've fully adapted to any difference that was felt early on.

7 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

My knees are sensitive at times. I don't notice any discomfort after playing rounds, or even a day or two later. I do put more weight on my trail leg. Like you said, everyone is different, but if being disconnected is what causes your knee to tweak, then these may help.

WITB

image.png

final review is up if you have any questions feel free to reply to this post or PM me and I will try to get back to ya as quick as I can 

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey