Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Indi Wedges

revkev

@GolfSpy SAM pointed out that the Kirkland wedges are made by indi golf as well. 

Would be cool to get a set of those and put them side by side for comparison!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Rick Shiels did a review on INDI wedges around June 15th.  Worth a look.

SRIXON ZX5 LS Mkll  HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0  

SRIXON Z F85 13.5° 3W & SRIXON Z F85 

PING G425 3 hybrid 

TAKOMO 101 4-pw (custom- Steelfiber 95s 4i-6i, 110s 7i-pw   BB&F ferrules)

PING Glide 2.0 50° & Cleveland RTX 4.0 Tour Raw 56°

EVNROLL ER5 HATCHBACK

SRIXON Z STAR Diamond & MaxFli TourX

NEVR LOOZ Pro Clip cart bag 

1 hour ago, Craignyc said:

Lets see some numbers on a traqman or GC Quad

I believe I saw an Indi box at MGS HQ, maybe they will be part of this years most wanted wedge testing and you will see numbers from GC Quad. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, Craignyc said:

Lets see some numbers on a traqman or GC Quad

Will try to do this - It's the only way to get accurate spin numbers with a ball that I might game.  I have an iron fitting next week and will try to get the fitter to let me hit a few wedge shots for spin rates - we'll see.... if not I will look to book a session somewhere.  

I did get out to play with them yesterday - unfortunately it was not the time or group to drop balls and hit lots of extra shots like I'd want to test new wedges.  I think I need to head to the local short course one afternoon - it's never crowded in the summer - I can hit wedges to my heat's content there.  It's where I did my SCOR test when I was selected for that a number of years ago.  

Some good results yesterday although one spun way more than anticipated on a pitch out of the rough.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

55 minutes ago, Mikedb26 said:

Rick Shiels did a review on INDI wedges around June 15th.  Worth a look.

I also believe he is actually puting them in his bag as well - at least that is what he eluded to in one of his podcasts 
I will def be taking a look later in the year as I am up for new wedges in the fall - from everything I have read and watched they look impressive 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

3 hours ago, fredsharky said:

I also believe he is actually puting them in his bag as well - at least that is what he eluded to in one of his podcasts 
I will def be taking a look later in the year as I am up for new wedges in the fall - from everything I have read and watched they look impressive 

They look and feel beautiful - Having hit a number of full shots with them on the range on Saturday I can tell you that I love the way they launch.  It's a nice penetrating ball flight that is very stable in the wind.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

They look and feel beautiful - Having hit a number of full shots with them on the range on Saturday I can tell you that I love the way they launch.  It's a nice penetrating ball flight that is very stable in the wind.  

I use vokey SM9's for my wedges now - have you used the SM9 or 8 and how do they compare 

Driver 1:  :taylormade-small: Stealth 12 degree - Ventus Red 5-S 

Driver 2: :taylormade-small: 300 Mini Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 60G Stiff (tipped to 44.5inch)

3 Wood 2: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max Fujikura Pro 65-S (higher ball flight)

5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Black 6-S

9 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Ventus Red 5-R

Irons: :cobra-small: King Tour 2023 - Fujikura Pro 95 Stiff - 6-9 - Fitted 

Wedges: :titleist-small: SM9 - 45-10F, 48-10F, 54-12-D, 58-12D (Testing Callaway Jaws 58-12-W)

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S - Fitted 

Balls :odin: - X1

16 minutes ago, fredsharky said:

I use vokey SM9's for my wedges now - have you used the SM9 or 8 and how do they compare 

I can't help you with that - I've never been a big fan of Vokeys.  I've gamed SCORs for 12 years or so.  Prior to that I was a Ping guy but even there it's been a long time although I currently have a Glide 2.0 Eye 2 grind that I use as my sand iron - I almost never use it outside of a green side bunker. 

Besides my fitters recommendation what attracted me to Indi was that it has a reputation as being a great wedge for pickers - I'm a picker, so far what I'm experiencing is that it is.  I'm not a big spin guy, I generally stop that ball through trajectory.  However I will be interested to see my spin rates, I know that I had a chip check up very quickly yesterday, much quicker than anticipated.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I never heard of Indi, but heck, waddya know, they are a few miles from home, here in the San Diego / Carlsbad area, home to Callaway, TM, west coast Titleist, Cobra, Honma, Scotty Cameron, Evnroll, and geez I run into employees all the time.  I love my Mizuno wedges, even tho I am a duffer.  I have tried Clevelands, Vokeys, and others, and still love my Mizuno Grain flow Forged.  But I will go visit Indi.

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1 on Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC 3 18 degree, on Mamiya Recoil reg flex.

4 iron:  forged Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree hollow body.

6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil reg flex.

Gap: 52/9 GFF Mizuno S5, Lob: 60/6 GFF Mizuno T7.

Sand: Ancien Regime 56/12 Hogan Sure Out, Apex shaft. Heavy sole.

Chipper:  Ancien Regime Don Martin "Up n In" bronze or copper. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

6 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I never heard of Indi, but heck, waddya know, they are a few miles from home, here in the San Diego / Carlsbad area, home to Callaway, TM, west coast Titleist, Cobra, Honma, Scotty Cameron, Evnroll, and geez I run into employees all the time.  I love my Mizuno wedges, even tho I am a duffer.  I have tried Clevelands, Vokeys, and others, and still love my Mizuno Grain flow Forged.  But I will go visit Indi.

Cool - let us know how that visit goes. I’m a long time MGS member who enjoys golf equipment and I had never heard of them until my fitter told me about them. He was excited - “I finally stumped you!” 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Okay - 

Full disclosure, I had a colonoscopy on Weds so I basically lost Tuesday through Thursday for that and then had to spend Friday in the hospital with my daughter who has monthly IVIG treatments.  Went to the range this morning in anticipation of playing three times in the coming week - tomorrow after church, Tuesday afternoon and Friday.  

I started by working on my wedges first.  We have a great short game area - I hit chip shots with the 52 and pitch shots out of the rough with the 56 - was very pleased with how those went.  When I got to the range we had two flags at ideal distances - 92 and 65 - the 92 was a solid full 52 into a slight breeze while the 65 was less than a full 56, really hit the ball consistently with the 56, hit a couple a tad heavy with the 52 - trying to get it there into the breeze I think.  Over all I was very pleased though - nice straight ball flight, good launch, medium high, I'm able to flight them down and up fairly easily.  Moved on to work on some other stuff but finished things off by hitting about 15 40 yard pitch shots with the 56 and finally 10 trap shots with it - I hit everyone of those on the green and 9/10 that I was very, very happy with - that's absolutely remarkable for me - I felt like I could have hit balls out of the trap all day - it has been a long, long time since I had that sort of confidence from the trap.  

I should be very comfortable with these wedges by the end of the week and then will book some time on a trackman to get spin numbers for everyone.  I'm also curious to see the difference between balls on trackman - I've been playing the Chrome Soft X LS which doesn't spin as much as the Pro VIx that I've used for the last five or six years.  I'm not a high spin player with my irons or wedges anyway and it's given me some added distance off the tee with a dryer than normal spring in Florida.  I will get the spin numbers on 40 yard shots with the 56, full shots with both the 52 and the 56.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

IMG_2716.jpeg.6fb49ed1db1a0ec2ade82c9175ec4f43.jpegThe more I hit these, the more I like them. It rained hard today so I was anxious to get them on wet turf, finally!

IMG_2717.jpeg.54ed94b9a4d4983ac07e652ee65f9d6b.jpegIMG_2718.jpeg.5b8a2c487f0e17471a3d979f911ca739.jpegWent to my league course after work and hit chips around the practice green for about 30 minutes. 

They have a larger footprint than my old SCORs but are smaller and gamier looking than any other wedge I’ve tried of late. 

IMG_2719.jpeg.3bbe1cbeae72ca437f2bacf5bf37dbbb.jpegIMG_2719.jpeg.3bbe1cbeae72ca437f2bacf5bf37dbbb.jpegAll of these ended up inside of 5 feet. The chip was about 60 feet, slightly downhill, big break, variety of lies. 

Pretty soon I will get to try them out of thick rough. Seriously considering adding the 60. My bag has room for one more club…

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Went for an outdoor trackman session today and got rained out. 😞

I will try again soon.  Maybe indoors next time - it is summer in Florida after all.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

22 hours ago, revkev said:

Went for an outdoor trackman session today and got rained out. 😞

I will try again soon.  Maybe indoors next time - it is summer in Florida after all.  

Just curious, outside of your 'gamers' what other wedges did you try? I'm intrigued with the INDI and have used RTX's, Volkeys and several iterations of my Eye 2 LW.  My 56* SM7 is due for a replacement. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Boat shoes?  You wearing boat shoes??

Drv: PXG 0211, Evnflo Riptide CB Senior, Callaway 454 TI (2004) 10 and an 11, regular flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram senior. TM Burner Superfast 3.0 M flex.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, 2 piece, multi material shaft.🙃

On 7/9/2023 at 2:17 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Boat shoes?  You wearing boat shoes??

Those are sketchers 🙂

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 7/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, tony@CIC said:

Just curious, outside of your 'gamers' what other wedges did you try? I'm intrigued with the INDI and have used RTX's, Volkeys and several iterations of my Eye 2 LW.  My 56* SM7 is due for a replacement. 

Let’s see -Edison on my own, just not a fit for me. 

Edel, Vokey, Callaway at the fitting, he handed them to me blind so I don’t know the grinds of Vokey and Callaways. 

I will say I’m better out of the sand with the 56 than any wedge I’ve gamed in years. And that’s out of two different types of sand. Our practice bunkers are still fluffy where as on the course is compact wet stuff. The 56 is a huge hit for me. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

don't be yankin my string, I know boat shoes when I see them.  Come clean, or I won't tell you about my visit 2 hours ago to Indi Carlsbad.

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

Let’s see -Edison on my own, just not a fit for me. 

Edel, Vokey, Callaway at the fitting, he handed them to me blind so I don’t know the grinds of Vokey and Callaways. 

I will say I’m better out of the sand with the 56 than any wedge I’ve gamed in years. And that’s out of two different types of sand. Our practice bunkers are still fluffy where as on the course is compact wet stuff. The 56 is a huge hit for me. 

Revkev, I have a quick question for you on your fitting.  

I have played Recoils in my Haywood irons and I really like them.  I have never tried a lighter shaft for Wedges and so that's really interesting to me.  My recently acquired used 52 degree Vokey SM9 is a lighter Nippon Neo shaft, but I am not sold on it yet.  It seems like I hit it higher, but the light shaft seems to hurt my distance control. It seems to go shorter than my intended swing. I don't hit it much, so that may be the issue.  

I am also a picker rather than a digger, so I see (from your notes) that a lighter graphite wedge may not hurt me as much either.  But I am wondering if the heavier wedge head makes the swing weight strange for you or are they counter weighted (in the grip) to your specific swing weight?  Is an overall lighter Wedge make distance control out of the sand harder?

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

16 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I have played Recoils in my Haywood irons and I really like them.  I have never tried a lighter shaft for Wedges and so that's really interesting to me.  My recently acquired used 52 degree Vokey SM9 is a lighter Nippon Neo shaft, but I am not sold on it yet.  It seems like I hit it higher, but the light shaft seems to hurt my distance control. It seems to go shorter than my intended swing. I don't hit it much, so that may be the issue.  

I am also a picker rather than a digger, so I see (from your notes) that a lighter graphite wedge may not hurt me as much either.  But I am wondering if the heavier wedge head makes the swing weight strange for you or are they counter weighted (in the grip) to your specific swing weight?  Is an overall lighter Wedge make distance control out of the sand harder?

The recoils in the Indi’s are about 20 grams heavier than what I have in my irons. Their swing weight is D4 so there must be some counter balancing. 

I have very good distance control out of the sand and on full shots. I haven’t had them long enough to tell on part shots. I’ve been very busy with work and a personal issue. I have sone time the end of the week and beginning of next week. I’m hoping to spend lots of time with them, then. 

I hope that helps. 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Hi, hope yr feelin well.  I stopped in at Indi, in their new digs in Carlsbad.  Small front showroom and they were still setting up the hitting room with monitor.  In a typical new-ish industrial park, near TaylorMade.  The front room has a display of their putters, I think a display of wedge heads, and a barrel full of brand new wedges.  Two young guys.  I think he said their design guy was ex TaylorMade, left TM a while ago.  Don't quote me on that, I was an unexpected drop in and mostly I was looking around.  Looks like what a small startup should look like.  Here in the San Diego, Carlsbad area, there are dozens of people who work at TM, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra, and there is a Honma faciity too.  Scotty Cameron store is nearby.  Guerin Rife, the #1 putter inventor (apologies to Scotty) is here with his current company Evnroll.  Kim Braly Jr. is KBS Shafts, his father invented the Rifle shaft and FCM Precise, now part of True Temper.  Graphite Design USA office is here too.   It is no surprise to find a new entrant here.  Some other wedge guys are the artistic Corey Paul in Rochester NY, Jim Kronus at his Iron Factory in Glendale Ariz, he refinishes and re-grooves irons and makes his own line of wedges.  Sub 70, Edel, Terry Koehler "The Wedge Guy" at Edison in Rockport, TX.  It's a good time to be a golfer, in spite of the sky hi prices, lots of choices, entrepreneurs in spite of govt attitudes that hamper business.

I will make an appt to hit at Indi hope within a week or so.  Until then, I still love my Mizuno S5, 52 deg, 9 bounce.  While Mizuno has various newer one, I can't find any flaw in the S5 models.  Plenty are available on Ebay.  Vokey seems to have a reputation based more on seemingly infinite combination of loft, bounce, and grinds. 

On 7/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

don't be yankin my string, I know boat shoes when I see them.  Come clean, or I won't tell you about my visit 2 hours ago to Indi Carlsbad.

@revkev said Sketchers but didn't say they were Sketchers golf shoes 🙂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 7/12/2023 at 3:33 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Hi, hope yr feelin well.  I stopped in at Indi, in their new digs in Carlsbad.  Small front showroom and they were still setting up the hitting room with monitor.  In a typical new-ish industrial park, near TaylorMade.  The front room has a display of their putters, I think a display of wedge heads, and a barrel full of brand new wedges.  Two young guys.  I think he said their design guy was ex TaylorMade, left TM a while ago.  Don't quote me on that, I was an unexpected drop in and mostly I was looking around.  Looks like what a small startup should look like.  Here in the San Diego, Carlsbad area, there are dozens of people who work at TM, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra, and there is a Honma faciity too.  Scotty Cameron store is nearby.  Guerin Rife, the #1 putter inventor (apologies to Scotty) is here with his current company Evnroll.  Kim Braly Jr. is KBS Shafts, his father invented the Rifle shaft and FCM Precise, now part of True Temper.  Graphite Design USA office is here too.   It is no surprise to find a new entrant here.  Some other wedge guys are the artistic Corey Paul in Rochester NY, Jim Kronus at his Iron Factory in Glendale Ariz, he refinishes and re-grooves irons and makes his own line of wedges.  Sub 70, Edel, Terry Koehler "The Wedge Guy" at Edison in Rockport, TX.  It's a good time to be a golfer, in spite of the sky hi prices, lots of choices, entrepreneurs in spite of govt attitudes that hamper business.

I will make an appt to hit at Indi hope within a week or so.  Until then, I still love my Mizuno S5, 52 deg, 9 bounce.  While Mizuno has various newer one, I can't find any flaw in the S5 models.  Plenty are available on Ebay.  Vokey seems to have a reputation based more on seemingly infinite combination of loft, bounce, and grinds. 

Thanks for this update and sorry - yes, those are my sketcher casual shoes.  I live in Florida by the water so any of my casual shoes are boat shoes, just like someone who lives in San Diego might have.  I do also have sketchers golf shoes.  I was on a break from work and it's the practice green at the local muni nearby my church.  I keep my wedge, putter and a sleeve of balls in my trunk when I think I may have a break like that.  🙂  I do have a pair of old golf shoes and my push cart there too but don't put the shoes on if I'm just going to chip and putt.  

Heading to Golf Galaxy today to get some spin numbers.  I will wear my sketchers golf shoes at that one.  Promise 

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

On 7/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, KC Golf said:

How much do your recoils weigh?  The ones that I have in my Indi's are 75 grams where as the ones that I have in my irons are 65 grams.  I'm getting new Srixon's that will also have the newer dart recoils but also 65.  Every iron fitting that I go to comes out a toss up between 65 and 75 - my teacher prefers lighter as do I - 

Regardless what this means is that my wedge shafts are heavier than my iron shafts albeit not by much.  Honestly I get the same feel through the bag from 3 wood to the 56 degree wedge right now.  I don't know that I've ever had that before.  I really like it.  Driver always seem to be a different animal.  I'm having an interesting issue with it - that's a topic for somewhere else but I'm finding that I need to set up with the ball towards the toe in order to hit the sweet spot.  So long as I keep the ball on the far edge of the center (about half way between the center and the toe) I'm hit more than my fair share on the screws.  When I forget and line it up in the center I get a lot of heels.  I don't know if it's the shorter shaft, an eye sight problem - I'm suspecting that I have cataracts starting to form (I have an appointment for that next month) a swing flaw (less likely because I'm nutting everything else) or a bit of both.  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Wedges are usually heavier, steel, shafts, rather than lighter graphite irons, and have heavier heads, heavier swing weights.  2 reasons:  For more solid strikes thru whatever junk, and because usually not swinging for max distance, but for accuracy and less dispersion.  My iron swing weights are C-6 to C-8, wedge is around D-0 and my sand is D-4. 

On 7/10/2023 at 3:52 PM, revkev said:

The recoils in the Indi’s are about 20 grams heavier than what I have in my irons. Their swing weight is D4 so there must be some counter balancing. 

I have very good distance control out of the sand and on full shots. I haven’t had them long enough to tell on part shots. I’ve been very busy with work and a personal issue. I have sone time the end of the week and beginning of next week. I’m hoping to spend lots of time with them, then. 

I hope that helps. 

My Recoils are ES 780 F4 stiff, so the chart says they are 86 grams.  So my wedges with steel shafts are still heavier than these Recoil graphite shafts.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User