Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

MyGolfSpy Forum: How To Be A Tester Guide

GolfSpy_APH
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

This is for informational purposes only. Please do not apply in this thread! 

2 hours ago, TESTdaBEST said:

Masters 2024 maybe playing out on TV. But we got some serious testing to play out in my local course so we can wow our club members - Lesssgo!!!

Welcome to the site!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Really hoping that all who are newer give this thread a look over. 

Would help you all out a lot and trust me there is still a lot more to come this season!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 3/16/2024 at 5:10 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Update

This is for our esteemed director and the moderators. I couldn’t help but laugh when I saw this and please read the instructions  

image.gif.7660a59b41a0e80a6ad02f0aef563690.gif

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2 plus, LA golf DJ shaft, 55S

3 wood - TM Stealth plus, Mitsubishi Kai’li. Blue, 5 wood - TM Stealth plus,  Hzrdus red, 3 hybrid Mizuno CLK, Fuji pro

Irons (5-PW) - Mizuno 921 HMP, Accra IS 80

Wedges, Vokey SM9 48*10F, 54* 12D, 58* 8M, DG S400

Putter: Evnroll tour, stability shaft, Evnroll gravity grip

Bag: Vessel Cobra tour stand bag

Balls: Titleist ProV1x, Callaway Chrome soft X LS, Bridgestone Tour B XS or Srixon Z star Diamond

Tech: Arccos, Bushnell Pro XE rangefinder image.jpeg.6421bf4c3e32ba5a27f4fe57d0571222.jpeg

Thank you MyGolfSpy for the continued support across all aspects of this process and and everything golf related on this platform.

Hope all new and seasoned members read/re-read the guidelines for testing, these guidelines will help everyone get point in the right direction toward testing opportunities down the road.

MGS goes above and beyond to secure testing opportunities from so many different manufactures, some requiring specific guidelines that need to be followed before, during and after testing.

It's a good read and covers all the questions about, becoming a tester, what is required during the test and after.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Thank you MyGolfSpy for the continued support across all aspects of this process and and everything golf related on this platform.

Hope all new and seasoned members read/re-read the guidelines for testing, these guidelines will help everyone get point in the right direction toward testing opportunities down the road.

MGS goes above and beyond to secure testing opportunities from so many different manufactures, some requiring specific guidelines that need to be followed before, during and after testing.

It's a good read and covers all the questions about, becoming a tester, what is required during the test and after.

With all of the amazing opportunities to test this year, this thread is a must read.  Can’t wait to see what the rest of the year holds for testing!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I've re-read the main post on this everytime I decide to sign up for a test.l, just in case something else is added that needs to be a requirement 

I can't state how important it is to understand the parameters. 

Thanks all who make these possible!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

1 minute ago, Rob Person said:

I've re-read the main post on this everytime I decide to sign up for a test.l, just in case something else is added that needs to be a requirement 

I can't state how important it is to understand the parameters. 

Thanks all who make these possible!

I still remember a teacher from middle school, not many in the class would read/follow the directions.  She gave us a pop-quiz, there were a ton of questions on the page, but the instructions at the top of it were “put your name on the paper and do nothing else.”  So many people just saw the questions, panicked and started rushing to complete.

Will never forget that and will take a minute just to read the instructions and make sure to follow!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Thank you for this information - it is very helpful. I'll do my best to be involved in the community here, as I believe in the work MGS is doing.

The many steps and extended periods of time listed here will be challenging as a parent/teacher/principal who struggles to find time to get on the course as it is, but I'm up to the challenge. And I realize that you're looking for commitment and consistency from your testers.

:titelist-small: 915 D3 driver, TS2 21° 3-Hy

:ping-small: :Arccos: G425 5-PW + LW

:adams-small: Idea a7 SW & GW

:odyssey-small: O-Works #7 putter

Thanks for the comprehensive update and the clear guidelines on how to increase our chances to become testers. This article is immensely helpful, particularly the emphasis on the importance of being an active community member and contributing quality content, like reviews and media.

It motivates me to engage more consistently and meaningfully in the community. I'm looking forward to applying these tips and hopefully contributing as a tester soon. The detailed breakdown makes the process transparent and approachable for everyone, which is greatly appreciated!

I'm starting to have hope to become a real tester one day!

Edited by Corentin Vadillo

Corentin | Québec City, QC - B2 Golf member
Average Quebec-based golfer on a quest to refine skills and deepen golfing knowledge

📊Golfing Stats: Handicap 18 | Best Round 88 | Trackman Handicap 5.5
🌍 Favorite Courses: Celebration, Orlando (FL) | Club de Golf Orléans, St-Pétronille (QC) | Green Pearl Golf, Moorea, French Polynesia 
🏌️Clubs:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Smoke Black stiff shaft
  • Woods: TaylorMade Stealth 3W & 5W - HZRDUS Smoke Red stiff shaft
  • Irons: TaylorMade Stealth (4i to Gap Wedge) - Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft
  • Wedges: TaylorMade MG3 (54º & 58º) - True Temper Dynamic Golf S200 stiff shaft
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Super Select 2.5+ - stock steel shaft
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black
  • Ball: Titleist Pro V1
  • Tracking system : Arccos Gen3. + Arccos Link Pro

🎯 Golf Instructor: Alex Shattuck (TGRe)

Passionate about all things golf. Here to learn, share, and test the limits of my game.
Let's make every shot count! ⛳

A bit of a long post, but here are some of my thoughts/experiences regarding testing…

Do I want to test the products I apply for: YES!  
Do I expect to be selected: NO
Am I happy for those selected: of course…what an amazing opportunity

I only apply for items that I would be really interested in testing/using now, this was not the case early on…I would apply for everything!

A lot goes into a test, it takes a significant amount of time and commitment to really put the product to the test; and you have to think about how you would test it.

For example, really wanted to do the Titleist iron test last year, but looking back after following the testers Incan honestly say I would NOT have done as good of a job as that group.

Also, I was not very involved in the forum, did not have a profile picture and had not shown I could do much.

Started following more threads; did an unofficial review for the Putt Out Pressure Putt trainer and applied for a ball test.

Most of done enough as the MGS team selected this guy to do a putter test…learned so much from this test.

With all the amazing opportunities so far this year and those to come, there is still a chance to be selected for everyone.

If I don’t get selected, no biggie…get to socialize with a great group of people here who make me think about my golf game and want to get better. 

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter