Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Looks like you had a great all around, knocking down the flag stick and from Incould see a good day rolling the rock. Keep it up!

Hey guys, have you notice anymore of the blue finish coming off. I haven’t had any issues so far… crossing my fingers.

I have not had any issues with the finish on mine…I keep the cover on it unless I have it out for putting.  With the 7S, I have used it too many times to count to “scoop” the ball or bring it back to position and haven’t seen any wear on it.

I was definitely worried about the finish to start, but it has held up on mine.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

8 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Looks like you had a great all around, knocking down the flag stick and from Incould see a good day rolling the rock. Keep it up!

Hey guys, have you notice anymore of the blue finish coming off. I haven’t had any issues so far… crossing my fingers.

Maybe mine was a coating issue, as it revealed itself pretty early on. Havent had any new wear off show up though, and it's only on the backside edge, and hasn't gotten any worse either.

And yes, I had a great day running that putter up and down the Greenway! 

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Sorry Guys, haven't been feeling my best the past week or so. I did get out yesterday since there was no ran and 62*, I did a test I call the ladder test where you start at 3ft and move back every time you make a putt but it you miss you got to make the 2nd to retry from that spot and if you end up three putting you start all over, I managed to get back to 24ft without issue then 27ft happened, I blew the first putt about 10ft by the hole.. (user went brain dead) lipped out the comebacker and sink the 3rd try. I started over at 3ft again and was able to finish with only the one 3 putt. 

I heard the the PGA Pros have a great chance of 3 putting from 32ft and beyond, if the AI#1 helped me this much, I'm just thinking how much more it will help over the next months/years.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

5 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Does anyone know if are we submitting our final review through this thread or the other one?

🤔 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Does anyone know if are we submitting our final review through this thread or the other one?

Maybe best to ask the boss! (NOT IT!!! 😆)

@GolfSpy BOS

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Final reviews should go in this thread after your intro in the placeholder post. 

can’t wait to read them!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods last night, they still don't have any milled AI pitters in stock!

20240127_173827 (1).jpg

There are no milled putters in my store either.  I do spot 2 Ai 7s in left hand. 🤣. Too bad they are slant models. 

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

8 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods last night, they still don't have any milled AI pitters in stock!

20240127_173827 (1).jpg

I talked with persons at both dicks and academy sports, and they both said they are only receiving limited amounts ai-one models, and might see 1 or 2 ai-one milled versions by march. (At least here) whereas the Golf+ can recieve whatever he orders. 

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

20240127_173827 (1).jpg

I’ve stopped by my local store every week for the last month and a half and in that time they only had one of the milled versions, but they’ve also had limited of the insert models as well.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Was able to get out today for a quick nine holes after the rain came through overnight…left the course soaking wet and very sloppy, but I pretty much had the course to myself…except for this friend:

IMG_4602.jpeg.4d9f6f6c715fee71f013db856bb6b12c.jpeg

Round started out with a 3 putt from 35 feet…my first with the Ai-ONE (not a great way to start the last round before the final review!), left the first putt 5 feet short going uphill then lipped the second.

Finished the day with 17 putts…6 2 putts, 2 1 putts and the 1 dreaded 3 putt.

This sign takes on a new meaning with the Ai-ONE!

IMG_4601.jpeg.33e02d9ce9ba85a9d1ab022738db013d.jpeg

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Finally had a beautiful day yesturday went out and practiced for about 2 hours on putting and chipping ( i learned i am already out of golf shape my back is feeling it today) by the end of the practice it was to the point you may has well put a laser sight on my putter because i was locked in and felt like i was making/withing a foot on every putt i have so much more confidence standing over this putter and that confidence has really been a game changer i also re did my putt putt challenge since i lost all my files and pictures when my phone broke i will be posting those later today once i get home 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

A few photos from today’s photos with the AI-One “Millie” 7T DB as I am prepping my final review….IMG_7812.jpeg.4fd53c394b796e1c83739aa689904533.jpegIMG_7810.jpeg.d2eba4c607eb3230bba88d48c151839e.jpegIMG_7811.jpeg.fe8c92abf4e712b4df78b3cb5a55505f.jpeg

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

I will be honest testers I was thrilled for this review and have not followed it one bit. Just too much else going on!

However here now to ask a few questions

1. How has the finish held up?

2. Do you think this tech is real? Or just hype?

3. What's the longest putt you've made with one of these?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I will be honest testers I was thrilled for this review and have not followed it one bit. Just too much else going on!

Great questions - figured I'd chime in with some quick answers:  

1. Very very well - over 15 rounds plus a number of test rolls on mats indoors and out.  

2. Misses are consistently closer....I will discuss the tech more in my final review.  

3. Longest putt made - 30' (started 1yd off the green from fairway) 

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Great questions!

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

1. mine personally has held up great i take a little better care of it then i did my wilson its either getting used or has a cover on it 

2. compared to what i had the tech is defiantly for real i go into more detail in that in my final review 

3. it was on the practice green but i hit a right to left putt that broke about a foot from roughly 40' was working on my lag putting and drained it  

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

1. No issues with the finish to date (I was a little worried to start), even using the back of the 7S to scoop the ball or drag it back, not showing any signs of wear 

2. YES, YES, YES!  I was skeptical of the technology going into the test, but the “tests” that I have run throughout show that there is something to it…I have proven  that regardless of where the ball is contacted on the face, the distance control is there (some of this was on purpose, some not!)

3. 55’ during a 2 man scramble (putting second) had the perfect pace.  On my own ball, a 40’ putt downhill with 3’ break.  Other than the longest, just being able to have the no pressure 2 putt and knowing that if I get too aggressive and run one by, the confidence to make the comeback…have so much confidence with this putter in my hands.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I just contacted my local golf store and said they'd have the Ai 2 ball this week.  Hopefully, I'll have it in my hands this weekend.  Now I need to go buy a putting mat.  😂

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

1. Other than the initial back edge wear, nothing further has occurred.

2. Definitely worth the hype it's promoted as!

3. I've made a few practice green sinkers from over 25'. On course I think around 15' off the fringe .

Here is @Blaine Dye 3 hole 3 ball mini challenge. 

On 1/27/2024 at 4:37 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Final reviews should go in this thread after your intro in the placeholder post. 

can’t wait to read them!

I bet there is going to be a ton of information and photos to go over, Hope you have help... a lot of help!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

4 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Thank you Rob! hope yall enjoy 

Ogio bag

52 bent to 51 vokey 

On 1/29/2024 at 1:43 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

1. The finish on my putter is in excellent shape, no signs of wear or tare with guessing over 800 putts during the testing and well over 1000 overall.

2. From my testing, Odyssey has filled in a lot of gaps with this new technology. I can't say they are blowing smoke... This is the real deal!

3. 52 feet from the fringe on one end of the green with a huge left to right break.

Edited by buckpillar
Added text content

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 hours ago, Rob Person said:

They’re really kewl with the ringing bell….🛎️ (ding! @Blaine Dye

Played 18 today. Got 10 minutes of practice beforehand.  Worked on long putts for speed/lag control. Was not trying to sink it. Used 2 Callaway warbird balls. Hit 2 down hill, 2 uphill, etc etc.

10 putts from 15 feet. Was pretty consistent on stopping inside 2 feet in front or just past the hole. 10 From 20 feet, after understanding the green pace I was inside a foot. From 30 + feet, 6 putts, sank 2 of them, and the others were a foot on either side.  Then I went and played 18 holes.

Sorry, no pictures or videos this round. But I had 5, 1 putts! 12, 2 putts (thank you lag practice) and 1, 3 putt. (a terrible par 3 tee shot, landed 30 feet on the left side, followed by an uphill downhill putt,  double breaker, on a spine no less) sailed it 15 feet past the hole.

Score was 92, and I can't see my self going back to my SR500 mallet putter anytime soon.  (Not saying I won't put it up against any other putters down the road)

Random question for the testers, @Blaine Dye, @TJ Hall, @Rob Person, & @buckpillar:

What is your longest putt made during the testing period?

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 Kai Li White 70x

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :cameron-small: Special Select Del Mar

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

49 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BEN said:

Random question for the testers, @Blaine Dye, @TJ Hall, @Rob Person, & @buckpillar:

What is your longest putt made during the testing period?

On practice greens, Several times from 20-25'.  Today I dunked 2 from 30' (of course I had good prior reads to make adjustments from)

On course, favorite longest putt made was 15' off the fringe. But I have came so close on quite a few from outwards of 25' +. 

Tomorrow there is a 50/50 chance for me to have one last On Course testing round before my final review. So if there is something that has not been addressed thus far, please let me know before 1330 central time!