Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

3 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

I’m debating buying the AI 7 CH or the TM Spider tour.  I’m just not crazy about the AI’s bad grip.  I prefer an oversized grip.  Does anyone own both putters I’ve mentioned? Thanks 

I’m close, currently testing the Ai-ONE 7S and have the TM Spider Tour.

IMG_4356.jpeg.ddd4d6ad04ad0170f50041a1148dcca2.jpeg

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

32 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I’m close, currently testing the Ai-ONE 7S and have the TM Spider Tour.

IMG_4356.jpeg.ddd4d6ad04ad0170f50041a1148dcca2.jpeg

Thanks for posting!  Both putters look very similar in size.  What about your thoughts on both?  Positives and negatives.  I’m looking forward to your input as I’m trying to figure out which putter is best for me.  I have a straight forward and straight back putting stroke.   I’m going to test these out soon at my local store. Thanks!

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

23 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Thanks for posting!  Both putters look very similar in size.  What about your thoughts on both?  Positives and negatives.  I’m looking forward to your input as I’m trying to figure out which putter is best for me.  I have a straight forward and straight back putting stroke.   I’m going to test these out soon at my local store. Thanks!

The 7S is designed for more of an arcing path, the CH is less for less arc:

https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/putters/ai-one/putters-2024-ai-one-seven-ch.html

There are different grip options available for the Ai-ONE online (my local store only had the Odyssey Pistol).  My TaylorMade has the SS Pistol GTR 1.0, I like the size of the Odyssey, but it feels a little slick to me.

My preference is a softer insert, which the Odyssey feels softer to me.  I have struggled with speed control with the TM and sometimes seems like the ball jumps off the face.

Most of my putting has been inside so far, but have spent some time playing a bit and on the practice green.  I really like the feel off the Odyssey.  Alignment seems easy with the Odyssey as well and feel very in control with it…very confident inspiring.  The adjustment period was very quick.

As of right now, the Odyssey is staying in my bag…it would take a lot to get it out at this point!

I went from a blade (Ping Anser 2i) to the TM, then the Odyssey.  I switched from the Ping to TM as I was struggling with my start line…have had days with the TM that I couldn’t miss, but others where I had no idea where the ball was going…have not had that with the Odyssey.

If you have the opportunity, I would recommend trying both and seeing which one works for you…putting and clubs are a very personal thing.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

26 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

The 7S is designed for more of an arcing path, the CH is less for less arc:

https://odyssey.callawaygolf.com/putters/ai-one/putters-2024-ai-one-seven-ch.html

There are different grip options available for the Ai-ONE online (my local store only had the Odyssey Pistol).  My TaylorMade has the SS Pistol GTR 1.0, I like the size of the Odyssey, but it feels a little slick to me.

My preference is a softer insert, which the Odyssey feels softer to me.  I have struggled with speed control with the TM and sometimes seems like the ball jumps off the face.

Most of my putting has been inside so far, but have spent some time playing a bit and on the practice green.  I really like the feel off the Odyssey.  Alignment seems easy with the Odyssey as well and feel very in control with it…very confident inspiring.  The adjustment period was very quick.

As of right now, the Odyssey is staying in my bag…it would take a lot to get it out at this point!

I went from a blade (Ping Anser 2i) to the TM, then the Odyssey.  I switched from the Ping to TM as I was struggling with my start line…have had days with the TM that I couldn’t miss, but others where I had no idea where the ball was going…have not had that with the Odyssey.

If you have the opportunity, I would recommend trying both and seeing which one works for you…putting and clubs are a very personal thing.

Thanks!  I do plan on testing out both putters.  I’m currently gaming an old Scotty Newport.  She’s been in the bag for years.  It’s time for a switch.  

Ping 425 

18* hybrid

22* hybrid

irons - Callaway rogue

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

5 minutes ago, Lefty11 said:

Thanks!  I do plan on testing out both putters.  I’m currently gaming an old Scotty Newport.  She’s been in the bag for years.  It’s time for a switch.  

I was in the same boat, had the Ping around 25 years before switching to the TM a couple years ago.

Hope you find one you like!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 11/28/2023 at 2:47 AM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Testers Announced!

image.png

Just incase you haven't seen or heard these new putters come with Odyssey's Ai designed face inserts in a classic White Hot for those who prefer a different feel. 

Ai-ONE
Designed using Artificial Intelligence, we’ve created contours on the Aluminum backer of the
insert to promote consistent ball speed across the face.

Ai Window
Some models feature a Panlite window, which is a unique automotive grade
polymer, that allows us to showcase the unique topology of the back of the insert.

SL 90 Shaft
A lightweight steel shaft with 20-30 grams (depending on the grip) of counterbalance weight in
the butt end. This is an evolution of our Stroke Lab Weighting that will appeal to even more
golfers.

Unique Navy Blue PVD Finish
These putters all feature a beautiful navy blue PVD finish that really sets them apart and gives
them a premium look.

Interchangeable Front Weights
Available in 5, 10, 15 and 20 grams these removable weights allow you to dial in your head-weight to your exact preference.

Please welcome and congratulate our testers!

@Blaine Dye
@TJ Hall
@Rob Person
@buckpillar

Just got the putter and I'm super excited to get testing started, I've been playing this game for too many years(44yrs) going through so many different fads, gimmicks and any other new game improvement options that this new AI technology seems to be a real game changer.

Reading about the AI#1 looked to be very promising, with the opportunity to test it on my terms, different conditions indoor and out, up hill, down hill and breaking putts I will provide the best honest assessment of the putter.

Just taking it out of the box, it feels very well balanced at the head and counter balanced at the butt end that feels like it could swing itself. Here are some photos of the putter that will be tested.

Initial impressions

* Great look and excellent feel.

* Sets up very nice at address with excellent visual alignment.

* Loft and Lie appear to be perfect for my height and stroke, but will make note of any issues during testing.

... More to come 

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

16 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Just got the putter and I'm super excited to get testing started, I've been playing this game for too many years(44yrs) going through so many different fads, gimmicks and any other new game improvement options that this new AI technology seems to be a real game changer.

Reading about the AI#1 looked to be very promising, with the opportunity to test it on my terms, different conditions indoor and out, up hill, down hill and breaking putts I will provide the best honest assessment of the putter.

Just taking it out of the box, it feels very well balanced at the head and counter balanced at the butt end that feels like it could swing itself. Here are some photos of the putter that will be tested.

Initial impressions

* Great look and excellent feel.

* Sets up very nice at address with excellent visual alignment.

* Loft and Lie appear to be perfect for my height and stroke, but will make note of any issues during testing.

... More to come 

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4077.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4079.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

Glad you got it quickly!

My time with the Ai-ONE was short but sweet. Typically I am more of a “milled” guy but I was seriously impressed with the quality and feel of the Ai-ONE #1!

Also, I had to do a little photo shoot before shipping it off!

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8482.jpeg

looking forward to your review @buckpillar, I’m glad the specs ended up being a good fit!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Glad you got it quickly!

My time with the Ai-ONE was short but sweet. Typically I am more of a “milled” guy but I was seriously impressed with the quality and feel of the Ai-ONE #1!

Also, I had to do a little photo shoot before shipping it off!

IMG_8459.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8482.jpeg

looking forward to your review @buckpillar, I’m glad the specs ended up being a good fit!

I actually played the Odyssey Devine Line blade putter(don't laugh) a ladies putter, but the feel and comfort level I had from first touch in the store, It's been in my bag for a long long time. the AI actually feels a lot better stroke with the counter balance.  Great photos, I got to get some of those MGS balls.

My Scotty has a milled face, first one that I have, it's ok but if I had to choose milled or insert it would be insert. 

I went from a Taylormade TPAIII, to a Ping Zing ISOPUR to the (cough) Ladies putter.

I even ordered a new putting green for the back yard 6'x12' waiting on that to ship. (not just for the testing, my old one is wore out.

Thanks again for selecting me for the test.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

Welcome to the test @buckpillar ! Look forward to your tests!

I will have a few more course practice green tests up tomorrow. 

@GolfSpy BOS nice pics!!!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I actually played the Odyssey Devine Line blade putter(don't laugh) a ladies putter, but the feel and comfort level I had from first touch in the store, It's been in my bag for a long long time. the AI actually feels a lot better stroke with the counter balance.  Great photos, I got to get some of those MGS balls.

My Scotty has a milled face, first one that I have, it's ok but if I had to choose milled or insert it would be insert. 

I went from a Taylormade TPAIII, to a Ping Zing ISOPUR to the (cough) Ladies putter.

I even ordered a new putting green for the back yard 6'x12' waiting on that to ship. (not just for the testing, my old one is wore out.

Thanks again for selecting me for the test.

No laughing from me! I play my putter at 32.5, so that one was a bit long for me! Haha

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

1 minute ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

No laughing from me! I play my putter at 32.5, so that one was a bit long for me! Haha

LOL, I better get back to work 8p to 8a is a little crazy but.. my schedule is awesome- work 5 days, off 5 days, work 2 days off 2days then repeat. Frees up a lot of time for golf.

Have a great night.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

7 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Welcome to the test @buckpillar ! Look forward to your tests!

I will have a few more course practice green tests up tomorrow. 

@GolfSpy BOS nice pics!!!

Thanks Rob, I may head over to the Uniontown CC in the morning for some testing.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

No coincidence there. Mine is custom at 32"

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Here are some follow-up videos. Heel and toe vs center strikes, mallet comparison. During yesterday's round I wish i could have recorded some of my putts with the DB ! It really does inspire confidence, even with my mishits! (it is truly hard to film while playing on the golf course!!) Anyhoo...

Got a little more work in last night it was to dark to take pics unfortunately had to use the lights on the golf cart to brighten up the practice green ( I live at the course so they cut me some favors) my biggest thing to note is I did a little work in the fringe and this putter I feel like just scoops the ball really will and it comes out of the fringe/ edge extremally well  it never got caught into the dirt like my other putter did when putting on the edge so for someone who uses the Texas wedge a lot its defiantly something to note im going to examine the putter tonight and maybe see if there is a reason for that plus  I go on vacation in 4 days and the putter is coming with me to play some rounds and also maybe talk the wife into some mini golf so more pics to come soon 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

Have fun!  And yes, I think it's time for a  mini golf challenge time for the testers! Play a round with your test putter vs the mini golf putter? What say you @GolfSpy BOS ? Do you want to set the parameters?

Edited by Rob Person

39 minutes ago, Blaine Dye said:

I did a little work in the fringe and this putter I feel like just scoops the ball really will and it comes out of the fringe/ edge extremally well  it never got caught into the dirt like my other putter did when putting on the edge so for someone who uses the Texas wedge a lot its defiantly something to note.

One of my videos above, I think will help with that thought.  I haven't had to texas wedge this yet. But the DB seems to have a very curved bottom compared to the others being tested.

Also to note, after rereading the descriptions on their website, the DB was designed more for those with NO ARC in their stroke style. I'm definitely  going to have to work on that, As my videos definitely show a sweeping arc !

Edited by Rob Person

Happy learned how to putt! It was cold but I had to get out an try this putter and I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

First impressions... Wow!! feels good and rolls the rock with consistency. 

Hit about 70 putts today over at the Uniontown CC, Putt range varied from 6ft to 15ft.

My initial putts had some speed control issues because of my stroke, but after about 15 putts I was able to roll it like I was in mid season form.

I noticed that the ball didn't have very much skid prior rolling end over end, This putter has a 1.5* loft, I really like the lower loft, in the past I've dabbled with 0* to a negative1.0*. The loft on the AI#1 is perfect for me and configured perfectly with the setup of the overall scheme of the putter.

A big surprise was the FEEL, whether struck toward the heel, toe or in the sweet spot, each put felt the same. I'm sure when you are using your old putters that you can tell there is a difference when you hit it on the heel, toe, center or even low on the putter face. This putter so far has eliminated that aspect so far but more to come on this subject.

Here are 2 video links of the testing, I couldn't get the actual video to load even after shrinking them. Gave me an error message. Hope they work for everyone.

Click the link and it will open a new window if not, Copy and paste the links into your browser then click the image of the video, it worked for me, hope it does for you.

Added some photos of the course, even my mug shot! No Darts please!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YYUGRAxQmwmCjkx98

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hhj4jULX1Xr1TNmR6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7w-p-g9R4k

20231221_085958.jpg

20231221_090008.jpg

20231221_090726.jpg

20231221_090736.jpg

20231221_090837.jpg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Here are some follow-up videos. Heel and toe vs center strikes, mallet comparison. During yesterday's round I wish i could have recorded some of my putts with the DB ! It really does inspire confidence, even with my mishits! (it is truly hard to film while playing on the golf course!!) Anyhoo...

Love the videos, have you noticed or could you tell if you hit it lower on the face at times? That gave me a louder sound than when hit flush.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

3 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Have fun!  And yes, I think it's time for a  mini golf challenge time for the testers! Play a round with your test putter vs the mini golf putter? What say you @GolfSpy BOS ? Do you want to set the parameters?

How would that play out?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

8 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Love the videos, have you noticed or could you tell if you hit it lower on the face at times? That gave me a louder sound than when hit flush.

Your videos worked fine as long as I was signed in. 

I try to sweep the putter just slightly off the ground, so I'm probably making contact with the insert and the rim of the insert.  My next goal is to try center ground contact strikes vs center raised strikes. 

14 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

How would that play out?

Mini golf? Play with a partner? Play for strokes? I don't know. It was tossed around in a chat

As I spend more time with the Ai-ONE 7s putter, here are some of my notes:

1: the floor where I spend most of my time putting has a left to right break to it

2: PuttOut and I have a different definition of a perfect putt…tend to like to die the ball the ball in the hole, trainer requires a bit more pace to “stick” in the micro target

3: I really like this putter!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

35 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

As I spend more time with the Ai-ONE 7s putter, here are some of my notes:

1: the floor where I spend most of my time putting has a left to right break to it

2: PuttOut and I have a different definition of a perfect putt…tend to like to die the ball the ball in the hole, trainer requires a bit more pace to “stick” in the micro target

3: I really like this putter!

I have a different brand ramp, same thing though . And as long as I'm up the ramp, it's in the cup. I think I've only stuck the hole a handful of times.  It does help with roll pace though 

Going to do a putt off over the next 2 days or so, comparing me old Odyssey against the AI #1. I will putt from 15ft with 3 different balls.

I'm going to keep track of the distances and provide an average of distance and off line dispersion. 

You can see there is a difference in the size of the head as well as the insert, the AI is approximately 1/4in shorter than the other heel to toe.

More to Come!

20231223_050504-EDIT.jpg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

37 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Going to do a putt off over the next 2 days or so, comparing me old Odyssey against the AI #1. I will putt from 15ft with 3 different balls.

I'm going to keep track of the distances and provide an average of distance and off line dispersion. 

You can see there is a difference in the size of the head as well as the insert, the AI is approximately 1/4in shorter than the other heel to toe.

More to Come!

20231223_050504-EDIT.jpg

Your up nice and early, I got 2 more hours to go in my shift then maybe putt a bit.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

On 12/23/2023 at 5:38 AM, buckpillar said:

More to Come!

20231223_050504-EDIT.jpg

Went this morning after work to the course practice green, after a few warm up putts I completed the first head to head test of 3, today was the TOE test.

Once I do the calculations I will post them later tonight from work along with photos of the dispersion showing the AI#1 compared to my old Odyssey divine line putter.

Stay tuned Same BAT Channel Same Bat time!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

11 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Went this morning after work to the course practice green, after a few warm up putts I completed the first head to head test of 3, today was the TOE test.

Once I do the calculations I will post them later tonight from work along with photos of the dispersion showing the AI#1 compared to my old Odyssey divine line putter.

Stay tuned Same BAT Channel Same Bat time!

Great day to roll some putts, this morning was 48* and with the light rain overnight made the green roll very nice.

I rolled 80 total putts off the TOE of the AI#1 (40) and my old Odyssey (40). I have added the best photos of the dispersion and calculated some numbers with the results that I came up with for this review.

I was putting from 15ft to the imaginary 3ft circle, putting one way uphill with left to right break, downhill with right to left break and finally some straight putts. I can tell you that there was a big difference in feel, speed and over all performance with the AI#1 compared to the old Odyssey, with AI#1 taking the Crown for this 1st test.

The performance of the AI#1 was really impressive, putting from the Toe, I DID NOT feel any difference hitting it off the toe than I did hitting it on center. Seemed as the ball did not skid very much and started rolling almost immediately.

The ball speed was very close to center strikes and seemingly kept the line that I was putting on, there were a couple putts I hit low on the putter face but still rolled out more than I thought they would.

My old Odyssey, was a struggle to get the ball rolling well off the toe, distance control was inconsistent, at times felt like the the face twisted and I had to make a effort to roll the ball, almost felt as if I was guiding the ball to the hole while trying to keep it on line. not a good feeling.

1. Speed- AI#1 speed was almost identical to center strikes with a couple operator errors hitting low on the putter face.

2. Distance control- AI#1 overall was great, providing a tighter dispersion than the old putter.

3. Feel- AI#1 toe putts felt the same as center strikes vs the old putter that was very inconsistent off the toe.

Best dispersion photos below.

Short- Old Odyssey averaged 18% short - AI#1 averaged 9.5% short of the hole. (My thought was the ball was going to stop, but kept rolling, so I would say that the AI insert technology did very well.) 

Long- Old Odyssey averaged 11.5% longer - AI#1 averaged 10% going past the hole.

Hope this review was informative, the AI#1 opened my eyes to how reliable the AI technology helped my putting off the toe.

DL3.jpg

DL2.jpg

DL1.jpg

AI5.jpg

AI3.jpg

AI4.jpg

AI2.jpg

AI1.jpg

20231224_084821.jpg

DL4.jpg

DL5.jpg

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

@buckpillar curious if your strikeels were on the toe of the insert, or on the toe end of the putter? It seemed to have it roll out 8-12" further on the toe of the insert than on the center. Other than the clicking sound from that strike point, it felt the same. (As was advertised as their statement claimed)

24 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

@buckpillar curious if your strikeels were on the toe of the insert, or on the toe end of the putter? It seemed to have it roll out 8-12" further on the toe of the insert than on the center. Other than the clicking sound from that strike point, it felt the same. (As was advertised as their statement claimed)

I tried my best to keep the putts on the toe end of the insert, but I'm sure there were a couple that were just off the insert. They all still seemed to have rolled further than I expected. From my understanding the insert is made of urethane attached to the AI technology which provided additional speed off the toe compare to the old white hot face. My next review will be with the center hits, that will give me a better comparison and give a better answer then. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]