Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

17 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I have a suspicion that it could very well be the range ball too.  They aren't new and the assistant pro has used one before and said he would be interested how the yellow ball responds vs the white he had used it on.  Said he had been told that the yellow had a harder time.

I'm going to take it out on the course with me and see what I get out there for numbers on my gamer.

Since we are on MGS, make sure to read the ball test on range balls, what I refer to as warm up balls. They are low spin with wedges, and high spin with irons, woods/driver. Kind of the opposite of what you want. Only good for warming up, IMO, no matter how new they are. https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/golf-balls/best-golf-balls-2021/ Wow, longer ago than I thought. BTW, you can look at the Pinnacle range ball like the others with driver, 8i, and wedge on their handy little xls tool.

Edited by Clayton

Got another quick session in showing my brother how it works. Lighting is very important come to find out. I was casting a shadow on the temp light I have (need to hang it) and it Definitly misreads. As much as I woood like to say I can hit an 8 iron 180…..I can’t 

IMG_3103.jpeg

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I’m planning on a nice long session tomorrow after work and then league starts next week so I’m gonna be getting 4 guys data on an 18 hole round compared to Full Swing.  Thursday through Saturday are out for me as it’s my Christmas with my daughter and I rarely see her as she prepares to graduate. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

17 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

talked the wife in to being my Mevo Caddy and set up/track and take some photos. 

Wife of the year candidate!

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

3 minutes ago, vandyland said:

Wife of the year candidate!

She supports my crazy obsession and I'm not sure how.... Ha

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

44 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Interesting data this morning.  I went out to play and the fog was super heavy but decided to see if the Mevo would pick up my shots.  

I got to the 10th tee and set the Mevo up and hit my first drive.  It didn't register the shot.  I went to my ball and set it up for a second shot and again nothing.  At this point my feet were soaked and I drove thru the back 9 looking for a hole that didn't have the fog and finally stopped at the 18th tee box.  Par 3 with minimal fog and most of it was near the green.  I did get a number to finally register.

The course is relatively open this afternoon, so I have talked the wife in to being my Mevo Caddy and set up/track and take some photos. 

I will report back this afternoon after we get out and do some testing. 

Can definitely see where fog would cause an issue with registering shots since it is the radar based system. How nice is the portability and quick set up though for using on course? The one thing I would have to say that absolutely shines is how user friendly the Mevo is with set up and connection to the app. Within seconds it is ready to go.

Also, huge S/O to your wife on the assist! That is awesome!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

12 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Can definitely see where fog would cause an issue with registering shots since it is the radar based system. How nice is the portability and quick set up though for using on course? The one thing I would have to say that absolutely shines is how user friendly the Mevo is with set up and connection to the app. Within seconds it is ready to go.

Also, huge S/O to your wife on the assist! That is awesome!

I really had a feeling I would get those results but wanted to make sure to test as many scenarios as possible.

It's super easy to set up!  I downloaded the app to my phone so I didn't have to take the iPad and logged in. Turned on the Mevo and hit connect on the app and within a min was hooked up.  Selected Full Swing session and club.  Set the unit down roughly 6ft behind the ball and took my shot. 

I will see later today how easy it is, but could see it being super easy to play a round using it without slowing anyone down.  

6 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I really had a feeling I would get those results but wanted to make sure to test as many scenarios as possible.

It's super easy to set up!  I downloaded the app to my phone so I didn't have to take the iPad and logged in. Turned on the Mevo and hit connect on the app and within a min was hooked up.  Selected Full Swing session and club.  Set the unit down roughly 6ft behind the ball and took my shot. 

I will see later today how easy it is, but could see it being super easy to play a round using it without slowing anyone down.  

I ran out of time this season to do that, but I am absolutely planning on it in 2024. I like to get up for some dew sweeper rounds in the summer and get out at 6am as a single so can move pretty quick. Tee shots and approach shots should be no problem with how quickly it connects.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

2 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Interesting data this morning.  I went out to play and the fog was super heavy but decided to see if the Mevo would pick up my shots.  

I got to the 10th tee and set the Mevo up and hit my first drive.  It didn't register the shot.  I went to my ball and set it up for a second shot and again nothing.  At this point my feet were soaked and I drove thru the back 9 looking for a hole that didn't have the fog and finally stopped at the 18th tee box.  Par 3 with minimal fog and most of it was near the green.  I did get a number to finally register.

The course is relatively open this afternoon, so I have talked the wife in to being my Mevo Caddy and set up/track and take some photos. 

I will report back this afternoon after we get out and do some testing. 

Good to know! 

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Also good to know that you can connect more than one device to the Mevo. Do you know if you can connect two devices simultaneously? Curious if you could use the video on iPhone and then data on iPad (or vice versa)...

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

She supports my crazy obsession and I'm not sure how.... Ha

Mine has always been supportive of my golf addiction and will sometimes go out to the course with me, I think she enjoys driving the cart. 

I'm also very supportive of her art addiction, happy wife, happy life. 

1 hour ago, jbern said:

Good to know! 

Also good to know that you can connect more than one device to the Mevo. Do you know if you can connect two devices simultaneously? Curious if you could use the video on iPhone and then data on iPad (or vice versa)...

It did not let me connect both the iPad and my android phone. 

I do believe that the Mevo+ will let you connect up to 4 devices so that you can capture video from different angles. 

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Mine has always been supportive of my golf addiction and will sometimes go out to the course with me, I think she enjoys driving the cart. 

I'm also very supportive of her art addiction, happy wife, happy life. 

Absolutely!

Well we made it about 6 holes before our daughter deciding she had had enough. Holiday crowd has been out the last two days and it has been stacked deep.  

I had a few issues with my android collecting data and then closed the app and started the iPad. I got it to collect a couple tee shots with the gamer. I'll upload those in a bit but it seems like it was pretty accurate.  

Wife did manage to collect a few photos.  

IMG_20231227_135001.jpg.52d875a95886688ae147703ff28cdc23.jpg

I didn’t get as many swings in as I’d hoped as the wife got cold. I forgot to stop and turn on the heat after work before picking her up. 

I managed to get the video figured out. Here is the best driver swing. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I didn’t get as many swings in as I’d hoped as the wife got cold. I forgot to stop and turn on the heat after work before picking her up. 

I managed to get the video figured out. Here is the best driver swing. 

Ha, I love that you have to be on your toes to catch the ball as it returns!  Adds a whole new level to training!

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

Ha, I love that you have to be on your toes to catch the ball as it returns!  Adds a whole new level to training!

lol yeah it’s the cement floor. The super thin carpet doesn’t stop the ball at all. I wouldn’t worry about it but I don’t wanna hit the mevo

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

lol yeah it’s the cement floor. The super thin carpet doesn’t stop the ball at all. I wouldn’t worry about it but I don’t wanna hit the mevo

Oh for sure.  That would be bad!

Here is the 6-iron video.   This is as close to an on course number as I have gotten on any sim/LM

Really interested in what you guys are finding out about space requirements for indoor use.  Is it really close to what the instructions state or...?  Great intros and first impressions! 👏

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Just had a really good range and range competition session with my brother and neighbor. Was a lot of fun, will get into data tomorrow when I can go through It.

key take aways I got.

• Battery life is good. We hit for about 2 hours maybe more and battery was down to 64%z
  • range session is fun but it’s strictly distance. You could be 100 yards off the fairway and hit the yardage you get points. Feel like this could be accuracy based and it would be way better.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

22 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Really interested in what you guys are finding out about space requirements for indoor use.  Is it really close to what the instructions state or...?  Great intros and first impressions! 👏

So far I’m setting it up at what they recommend.  I do 10 feet of flight and 7 feet from the Mevo to the ball. They recommend 6-7’ between the Mevo and ball with 7’ the recommended distance for higher swing speeds.   So far I have only had 3 non reads but the say a pull will result in those as your body gets between the ball and mevo

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Just had a really good range and range competition session with my brother and neighbor. Was a lot of fun, will get into data tomorrow when I can go through It.

key take aways I got.

• Battery life is good. We hit for about 2 hours maybe more and battery was down to 64%z
  • range session is fun but it’s strictly distance. You could be 100 yards off the fairway and hit the yardage you get points. Feel like this could be accuracy based and it would be way better.

It has been one thing I have noticed with the Mevo.  It gives you distance but not direction of the shot. 

36 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have not used it indoors.  My net is out back and I have used the range but was just reading on some of the stuff about Mevo and here is what their site says for indoor space. 

Yes, Mevo can be used indoors and outdoors. The space requirements for indoors is 8 feet of ball flight and 4-7 feet behind the impact. In total you will need up to 15 feet of space

was able to figure out downloading the video with data overlay. Simple enough just needed to mess around a little in the app

53 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have it setup now with what they recommend but I did mess around with closer and further to the screen and to the unit. Seems to me if you had to reduce your distance, towards the unit is better. More flight time the better but the discrepancies are minuscule from what I can see. You do need about 15’ unit to screen though 

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

was able to figure out downloading the video with data overlay. Simple enough just needed to mess around a little in the app

I have it setup now with what they recommend but I did mess around with closer and further to the screen and to the unit. Seems to me if you had to reduce your distance, towards the unit is better. More flight time the better but the discrepancies are minuscule from what I can see. You do need about 15’ unit to screen though 

15' is quite a bit indoors, especially for the high ball hitters. I had a couple friends over yesterday evening and one of them was hitting the top of my 7'7" high by 5' deep enclosure with full 56* shots and other high flying shots. He was 10' and we moved the unit up to 9' (about the limit of my flooring and mat setup). It helped a bit but I feel like I need some netting etc now for people like that. Hitting from 15' could endanger my projector (about 8' back) and he would be hitting full shots all the way over my enclosure. I'm not sure what would happen if a full 56* was ricocheting around my garage! I don't remember seeing such a lengthy requirement, but this is also my first indoor setup. Maybe the Mevo+ doesn't need as much room?

Edited by Clayton

47 minutes ago, Clayton said:

15' is quite a bit indoors, especially for the high ball hitters. I had a couple friends over yesterday evening and one of them was hitting the top of my 7'7" high by 5' deep enclosure with full 56* shots and other high flying shots. He was 10' and we moved the unit up to 9' (about the limit of my flooring and mat setup). It helped a bit but I feel like I need some netting etc now for people like that. Hitting from 15' could endanger my projector (about 8' back) and he would be hitting full shots all the way over my enclosure. I'm not sure what would happen if a full 56* was ricocheting around my garage! I don't remember seeing such a lengthy requirement, but this is also my first indoor setup. Maybe the Mevo+ doesn't need as much room?

It's about 15ft from unit to screen.  4-7ft from unit to tee location and min 8 ft from tee to screen/net

3 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

It's about 15ft from unit to screen.  4-7ft from unit to tee location and min 8 ft from tee to screen/net

Ahhhh, yes. I get it now. My unit sits slightly in front of where you hit so my brain didn’t put that all together. Thanks. 

44 minutes ago, Clayton said:

Ahhhh, yes. I get it now. My unit sits slightly in front of where you hit so my brain didn’t put that all together. Thanks. 

Absolutely.