Introduction and WITB

Thought I would do my introduction with a WITB. My handicap index is currently 17.6 but aim to lower that to low teens in the summer and I am based in the UK.

• Driver: Titleist TRS2
  • 3 Wood: Titleist TRS2
  • Hybrid: Titleist 909H 
  • Irons 4 - PW: Callaway X Tours 22
  • GW (50 Degree): Titleist SM9 Vokey
  • SW (56 Degree):Callaway X C-Grind
  • LW (60 Degree): Joe Powell Pitcher
  • Putter: Odyssy White Hot OG 7
  • Ball: Kirkland Signature

My driver and 3 wood are new purchases after getting fit for them at the start of the month. Unfortunately with the weather in the UK recently I have only been able to use them for 1 round. My favorite club currently is my gap wedge (a Christmas present to myself!), and I'm loving it around the green as I am trying to use my 60-degree less after reading Dan Grieves' '3 releases'. The only other club I have actually bought is the putter and I am tempted to switch it to L.A.B Mezz.1 but no stores around me stock it and I am worried about if I will like the centre shaft position. How do people find the center shaft? All my other clubs came and hand me downs from my dad. I am looking to get fitted for some irons later this year, I am thinking either Titliest T200s or the TaylorMade P790s.

Looking forward to becoming a member of this community.

D -TSR2

3 wood - TSR2

Apex tour 22 irons

Mixture of wedges

Odyssey putter

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here!

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

4 hours ago, Hughesjosh said:

Thought I would do my introduction with a WITB. My handicap index is currently 17.6 but aim to lower that to low teens in the summer and I am based in the UK.

My driver and 3 wood are new purchases after getting fit for them at the start of the month. Unfortunately with the weather in the UK recently I have only been able to use them for 1 round. My favorite club currently is my gap wedge (a Christmas present to myself!), and I'm loving it around the green as I am trying to use my 60-degree less after reading Dan Grieves' '3 releases'. The only other club I have actually bought is the putter and I am tempted to switch it to L.A.B Mezz.1 but no stores around me stock it and I am worried about if I will like the centre shaft position. How do people find the center shaft? All my other clubs came and hand me downs from my dad. I am looking to get fitted for some irons later this year, I am thinking either Titliest T200s or the TaylorMade P790s.

I currently play a stealth2 driver, 3 wood, and 3 hybrid. My irons are P790 (4-aw). 54, 58, and 60 degree vokey wedges and a taylormade putter. 

I have a center shafted Cleveland putter I’ve been using for about 3 years but I also just bought a taylormade bando 3. It’s a little bit lighter so I actually like using the taylormade on faster greens but I like using my Cleveland on slower because it’s heavier and it just seems easier to control speed on slower greens. I love the center shaft design tho. 

I currently play a stealth2 driver, 3 wood, and 3 hybrid. My irons are P790 (4-aw). 54, 58, and 60 degree vokey wedges and a taylormade putter. 

Just now, DaddyManX said:

I have a center shafted Cleveland putter I’ve been using for about 3 years but I also just bought a taylormade bando 3. It’s a little bit lighter so I actually like using the taylormade on faster greens but I like using my Cleveland on slower because it’s heavier and it just seems easier to control speed on slower greens. I love the center shaft design tho. 

The center shaft design definitely is what is appealing to me, because I do not think the L.A.B putter are particularly pretty putters.

D -TSR2

3 wood - TSR2

Apex tour 22 irons

Mixture of wedges

Odyssey putter

5 hours ago, Hughesjosh said:

Welcome to the forum!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

7 hours ago, Hughesjosh said:

Welcome to the forum! Great group of people you will not find anywhere else. Nice bag!

GT4,10 *, Ventus Black TR 6 S Velacore

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)