JumboMax Grips Users Group

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

I did a driver and wedge first and then another wood and scoring iron.  

They have a online fitting tool and my guess is you are going to fit into a medium or large.  

I went with a small but was in between a XS and S.  

The tool said either large or medium based on a change to the flight question. I'll look at the medium, as I don't want to go too big right off the bat. I have an XS here and it's even larger than my MCC+4 Mids. Can't imagine how much bigger the M will be.

Driver: :mizuno-small: STMax 230 10.5*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Fairways: :Sub70: 949x 3w / 5w, 15* / 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Hybrids: :Sub70: 939x 4h, 21*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 80g Hybrid
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX923 Hot Metal Pro, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: S23, 54* & 60*, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter:
Maltby_Logo.jpg.7f7f2f102dcb7b289e419805910e4aab.jpg Moment X Tour @ 35" & 71*, Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, White/Red
Ball: :maxfli: Tour CG
Technology:
VortexGolf_Logo.jpg.2ad1215c7b1aa2ccf8d062a73bc72142.jpg Anarch Rangefinder, :ShotScope: V5 w/ Tags Shot Tracking.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/65161-vortex-optics-rangefinders-2024-member-test/?do=findComment&comment=1089247
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/66852-unofficial-review-tpi-virtual-assessment
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/classifieds/ - DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE CLASSIFIEDS!!!

3 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

The tool said either large or medium based on a change to the flight question. I'll look at the medium, as I don't want to go too big right off the bat. I have an XS here and it's even larger than my MCC+4 Mids. Can't imagine how much bigger the M will be.

Haha. Yeah the XS is bigger than jumbo grips by quite a bit. Start medium. I know it seems crazy.  Trust the process 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

I just posted a bit before you on the medium…I have cadet large glove.

IMG_8278.jpeg.d94c778bcc4ccff80a83452ada02e844.jpeg

Driver - Ping G410+ LA golf 65S

3wood - Ping G400 Aldia green 75S

5 wood - Ping G410 Aldia 75S

4-pw Iron - TM M3 steel fiber  i110

Ping Glide 3.0 - 50, 54, 58 Nippon 115

Odyssey O-Works 2-ball

ProV1x

On 10/19/2024 at 5:10 PM, Shrek74 said:

What size and model should I start with / consider? I play MCC+4 Midsize grips today. I wear a size regular large glove. I don't want to go crazy big though.

I used the online fitting tool they had and it spit out xs and I think they are perfect.  So I would start there. Buy one and try it.  You'll then have to agonize over which model and regular taper or Straight taper.  

Once I had a size I bought one of each and installed with air so I could swap them around.  I liked the feel of the Zenlite the best but the pro is also nice if you want it a little heavier.  The regular one that feels like a super stroke was my least favorite, but I wouldn't throw it away if it's the one I got 

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.png Qi10 10.5* :projectx: LZ19 Handcrafted Green Prototype 71g X-Stiff Flex

image.png.dbc730be382654e44c7d2a48fa6eed67.pngJPX-850 5W 16* :Fuji: Motore Tour Spec 6.3 Stiff-Flex

image.png.9454767fdf9faf9965f7cd6c94d1c24a.png 0317X Gen4 2-Hybrid 17* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex or

image.png.2d0afd9b0ffa1e8a1d0b6c08ac8f37c7.png 0211 3-Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75g Stiff-Flex

image.png.e9d9c096f6e44154c947eaa8b0bd6541.pngPro 223 4-Iron Nippon Shafts Pro Modus3 Tour 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.3ec41f28452096d8fcdde969774ec768.pngMP-20 MMC 5-PW LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.ea5de508878d729c6e26f45fb78d76fb.pngPro 223 GW 52* True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 105g Stiff-Flex

image.png.25dc4d61c6e70541d98a681e1fade611.pngMG3 56* SB12 & 60* SB10 True Temper Dynamic Gold S400W

image.png.b81b08ab505111827d8b0cdc1bb93d14.pngO-Works White Hot Big-T Blade counterbalanced

image.png.8c023ed39f083a2d0f865ee72c27c8d2.pngAcross the board

image.png

1 minute ago, sman3115 said:

You'll then have to agonize over which model and regular taper or Straight taper.  

I think this is the biggest challenge for most. I went zen lite because the weight remained almost identical to my original grips and didn't want to mess with sw much. 

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Update.  I haven't been under 50 % FIRs since the switch. I noticed my iron play was starting to go off the rails with a lot of left misses. Saturday afternoon the new set of CTX Jumbo grips arrived. Now these are not even close to the size of the Jumbomax grips. I was unsure if I wanted the irons that big, so the experiment starts with this set up. I left the old tape on, added a 6" strip of tape low and the added 2 more wraps. So CTX, 3 1/2 wraps. I played them yesterday and I wasn't displeased. I hit a some really good shots and the left (not pulls) was nearly gone. I'm going to play with this set up for a little bit and see what happens. I won't be playing much for the next three weeks due to year end fishing tournaments. Initial thoughts were positive. 

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

5 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

I haven't been under 50 % FIRs since the switch. I noticed my iron play was starting to go off the rails with a lot of left misses.

What size did you end up going originally?  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

Just ordered 10 jumbo max st8 tech ultra light x-small.  I generally like standard mccplus4.  I think the jumbo max xsmall are a tad bit larger and feel better.  Discount code is KIRK10 for 10% off if anyone wants in.

I made the switch to a medium st8 tech in my driver and it was a little big.  So I decided to try a size down and it felt super comfortable and I haven’t lost a ball left in two rounds.

🙃

I played my second round since putting the JMX on my 60-degree wedge (wedges were the last holdouts in the bag).  Still STR8 Tech like the rest of the bag but the Textured Wrap instead of the Tour style.  Very squishy and comfortable. I still have the MCC +4 on my 56 degree.  The first couple of holes I chipped with my 56 and was awful (just as my driving has improved, my chipping, which was previously a strength has gone cold).  Playing on a course with some very tight lies around the green I was pretty stabby and chunked some shots.

Switched over to the 60 and felt like my wrist was free to move without my hands taking over too much.  Much better results with brushing the turf.  Was it a panacea? No, I still stink, but it alleviated any concerns about chipping with them.  So I plan to swap out the grip on my 56 for a JMX, especially since I've got an extra one lying around.

One question for those of you who have tried both the normal JMX (tour or wrap style) vs the ultralight - how much of a difference did you find with the weight? I don't think I'm particularly sensitive to swing weight changes, but every club I've got has the heavy tour series. But as I mentioned in earlier posts the STR8 tech's are incompatible with my shotscope tags so I've had to cut the excess butt end material off. The Ultralights don't have the arccos cavity so was thinking of switching to those for convenience. Just curious how different they feel from the heavier versions?

Honma TW 757S (9*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade MG4 (52*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Maxfli Tour

22 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

What size did you end up going originally?  

The sizing chart put me in a Medium. I went with the Str8 Ultra-light medium

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

4 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

The sizing chart put me in a Medium. I went with the Str8 Ultra-light medium

Have you looked at weight differences between your original grip and the ultra lights?  I wonder how much difference there is?  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

1 minute ago, Josh Parker said:

Have you looked at weight differences between your original grip and the ultra lights?  I wonder how much difference there is?  

I haven't noticed any weight difference. I'd actually go as far as saying I believe it "feels" lighter than the old standard grip. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

Just now, Mike10487 said:

I haven't noticed any weight difference. I'd actually go as far as saying I believe it "feels" lighter than the old standard grip. 

I'm sure it is and probably by more than you think. Jmx are 49g

What grip did you have on there originally?

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

8 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

I'm sure it is and probably by more than you think. Jmx are 49g

What grip did you have on there originally?

The original grip was a standard Align. 

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

24 minutes ago, Mike10487 said:

The original grip was a standard Align. 

They are actually pretty close in weight.  

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

I have been reading through this forum for a while & I am not up to date on the 14 pages of posts so please excuse me if I am repeating a previous poster. 

But this past weekend, I had a tour pro tell me that my Jumbomax Ultra light size Medium's that I have on all of my clubs are hindering my swing. Especially with turning the club over & losing the ability to draw the ball. 

For one, I love the grips & love he feel of having a bigger grip. I wear a medium/large size glove, used midsize grips before & chose the medium size based on the Jumbomax website. 

I agree with the tour pro though, I can't draw the ball at all anymore. My driver especially. I now have doubts about the medium grip size...

I have used these grips for almost 2 months now, so I can't return them. Should I go smaller? Maybe, jumbo, XS, small?

Known by friends as the tinkerer with my clubs. I enjoy doing my own R&D on the course.

21 minutes ago, FMC F-16 said:

I have been reading through this forum for a while & I am not up to date on the 14 pages of posts so please excuse me if I am repeating a previous poster. 

But this past weekend, I had a tour pro tell me that my Jumbomax Ultra light size Medium's that I have on all of my clubs are hindering my swing. Especially with turning the club over & losing the ability to draw the ball. 

For one, I love the grips & love he feel of having a bigger grip. I wear a medium/large size glove, used midsize grips before & chose the medium size based on the Jumbomax website. 

I agree with the tour pro though, I can't draw the ball at all anymore. My driver especially. I now have doubts about the medium grip size...

I have used these grips for almost 2 months now, so I can't return them. Should I go smaller? Maybe, jumbo, XS, small?

One, why do you need to draw the ball?

Two, are you hutting the ball straight and performing with them?

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

DF2.1 Putter

That is one of the common thoughts and I am not saying there is not truth to it but I do think as with all things there are trends and so we can go to those but at the end of the day it is still individual. So if you like the grips I would not jump to that for just this. You can always try if you want on one club to see and it would at least not big a big cost to see. But for instance another common thought is that gripping the club tighter will cause less rotation and the jumbomax grips for most everyone in this thread has helped grip it lighter. So by that logic one could equal out the other, or one could effect you more then the other and effect me the opposite. I can say for me that my shat shape didn't change and I know that has been the same for other but some have seen it help straighten out the shot shape as well. Also a draw is not better than a fade. The correct shape is the one you can repeat more consistently. 

Edited by ZackS

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

3 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

One, why do you need to draw the ball?

Two, are you hutting the ball straight and performing with them?

1) Having the ability to draw the ball can be beneficial on some holes...

2) The ball is straightish with a fade most of the time. My driver had to be adjusted in the shaft & head weight to prevent the fade changing to a slice.

Known by friends as the tinkerer with my clubs. I enjoy doing my own R&D on the course.

51 minutes ago, ZackS said:

That is one of the common thoughts and I am not saying there is not truth to it but I do think as with all things there are trends and so we can go to those but at the end of the day it is still individual. So if you like the grips I would not jump to that for just this. You can always try if you want on one club to see and it would at least not big a big cost to see. But for instance another common thought is that gripping the club tighter will cause less rotation and the jumbomax grips for most everyone in this thread has helped grip it lighter. So by that logic one could equal out the other, or one could effect you more then the other and effect me the opposite. I can say for me that my shat shape didn't change and I know that has been the same for other but some have seen it help straighten out the shot shape as well. Also a draw is not better than a fade. The correct shape is the one you can repeat more consistently. 

I do grip it lighter compared to my midsize grips where I had an un-noticable death grip. My only concern is that the medium size may have been too big of a jump. The online fitting on the Jumbomax website has me going between x-small to medium depending on what I put in (I course my glove size is a  constant variable).

11 minutes ago, FMC F-16 said:

I do grip it lighter compared to my midsize grips where I had an un-noticable death grip. My only concern is that the medium size may have been too big of a jump. The online fitting on the Jumbomax website has me going between x-small to medium depending on what I put in (I course my glove size is a  constant variable).

My suggestion if you want to know is try it on one club. You seemed most concerned with the driver so maybe on it. I use the XS, if I remember right I could wear a medium or medium/large cadet gloves when I did but I haven't worn one in years so I could be wrong. This way you can know ether way and put your mind at ease. I am a perfect example of having a busy mind effecting your golf game 🤣. So I know how it can effect you. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

27 minutes ago, ZackS said:

My suggestion if you want to know is try it on one club. You seemed most concerned with the driver so maybe on it. I use the XS, if I remember right I could wear a medium or medium/large cadet gloves when I did but I haven't worn one in years so I could be wrong. This way you can know ether way and put your mind at ease. I am a perfect example of having a busy mind effecting your golf game 🤣. So I know how it can effect you. 

Thanks for the suggestion Zack. I am a tinkerer like Bryson sometimes. I am in search of the perfect golf game, will it ever happen, who knows. I did get a hole in one this May so there is hope. I may just buy a jumbo &/or XS & give it a try on the driver.

I've haven't read all of the previous pages but wondering if I should move up to GP jumbo grips. I wear an XL glove and current use Midsize CPX and MCC+4 with 3 layers of tape. Do you think there's much difference between that setup with the extra tape and GP jumbo? 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I've haven't read all of the previous pages but wondering if I should move up to GP jumbo grips. I wear an XL glove and current use Midsize CPX and MCC+4 with 3 layers of tape. Do you think there's much difference between that setup with the extra tape and GP jumbo? 

They do have an online fitting tool on the website that you can try. I would recommend something smaller than what they recommended though. Midsize to medium was a big jump for me & I wear a M/L sized glove. Buy one or 2 sizes & try on your driver, mid iron & wedge & see if you like em. 🍀