TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

3,000.....and 1 posts

Good read, 

Inspires me to get more involved. 

I have been thinking about putting together a review. 

Recently purchased new irons, but that seems like a bit of a big leap for a first review. 

Any suggestions on type of equipment to consider for a first review? 

Driver- Ping G425 Max

3 Wood- Callaway Rogue

3 Hy- 19 Deg Taylor Made M2

Irons- Callaway Apex Pro 14’

Wedges- Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 60/9 ,  Cleveland RTX- 3 V-MG 52/10, Vokey 08 M SM8

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft

50 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Congrats on 3k!! It's been great getting to know you through posts and the Community Call every Thursday. I look forward to reading lots more quality content both here and on the mother site.

I may take your example and run my own little WITB/Improvement Journey this summer as I finally play golf on a regular basis here in The Glade and continue with lessons to chase those 80's on a regular basis. I want to see 15 next to my name on GHIN sooner than later.

I look forward to following along and know you can do it! We are on a very similar mission it sounds like!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

Congratulations on the milestone @GolfSpy_KFT and to the many more to come. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :odin:

23 minutes ago, SRI1982 said:

Good read, 

Inspires me to get more involved. 

I have been thinking about putting together a review. 

Recently purchased new irons, but that seems like a bit of a big leap for a first review. 

Any suggestions on type of equipment to consider for a first review? 

Irons would be fantastic! An unofficial review is just that, the information you want to provide in as much detail as you’re comfortable with. Add some great photos in and voila! 

In my personal opinion and experience, it can be easier to review something like clubs compared to shoes or a headcover, etc. because there is more tangible information you can provide. 

Are they longer than your previous gamers? Is the dispersion tighter? Are misses less penalizing? If you got fitted, writing about that experience and what you fit into. 

A great testing thread for an example on irons is the Titleist T Series from last year if you want a bit of a format to work off of. I’ve got it linked below!

Driver: :cobra-small: DARKSPEED X 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X 

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Cobra Darkspeed X Driver Unofficial Review (link here)

Well written!  Congrats on your 3k notch on the golf flag post! (The Proverbial bed post)

Certainly there is never enough recognition to be mentioned, nor can we remember every person who we connect with.  

Keep doing what you are doing.  The efforts are not unnoticed!  Grateful for your guidance and the mods collective knowledge here!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

23 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Irons would be fantastic! An unofficial review is just that, the information you want to provide in as much detail as you’re comfortable with. Add some great photos in and voila! 

In my personal opinion and experience, it can be easier to review something like clubs compared to shoes or a headcover, etc. because there is more tangible information you can provide. 

Are they longer than your previous gamers? Is the dispersion tighter? Are misses less penalizing? If you got fitted, writing about that experience and what you fit into. 

A great testing thread for an example on irons is the Titleist T Series from last year if you want a bit of a format to work off of. I’ve got it linked below!

@GolfSpy_KFT

Thanks for the encouragement. You're enthusiasm for the forum is really inspiring. 

Also, thank you for the Link to the Titleist Irons official reviews. This is the first time I've read through them and all I can say is Wow.  @GolfSpy_BENhad me cracking up with his intro. Being a Husband, Father and Golf addict myself, I could relate on so many levels. 😂. Not to mention the amount of data that was provided 🤯. Outstanding. 

Thanks Again. 

✌️

Driver- Ping G425 Max

3 Wood- Callaway Rogue

3 Hy- 19 Deg Taylor Made M2

Irons- Callaway Apex Pro 14’

Wedges- Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 60/9 ,  Cleveland RTX- 3 V-MG 52/10, Vokey 08 M SM8

Putter- Cleveland HB Soft