Testers Wanted: CaddyDaddy The Claw Golf Gloves ×

SQAIRZ VELO Shoe: 2024 Forum Member Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@funkyjudge - Main Post 

@Wheelieb - Main Post 

@Indy_Oz - Main Post 

@billpierce - Main Post

On 4/12/2024 at 11:18 AM, Javs said:

Good luck and let us know what you think of the VGA. I am thinking about playing in some events this year.

It doesn’t look like I will be playing in the VGA event in NJ on Saturday. This illness (likely an RSV infection) is going to keep me sidelined for at least a week. I have already missed three scheduled rounds of golf, including the Tour Championship for the winter golf tour, and I had to get subs to play for me tonight in my 9-hole league and for my scheduled travel league 18-hole match tomorrow.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

2 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

It doesn’t look like I will be playing in the VGA event in NJ on Saturday. This illness (likely an RSV infection) is going to keep me sidelined for at least a week. I have already missed three scheduled rounds of golf, including the Tour Championship for the winter golf tour, and I had to get subs to play for me tonight in my 9-hole league and for my scheduled travel league 18-hole match tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that and hope you get better soon!

Play like a champion today!

5 hours ago, billpierce said:

Update on testing the new shoes  AND Trying to get on course:

• Weather was decent Sunday (60), so tried to get on the course. Not open. Too wet still.  I did sneak a quick walk around the course to look at conditions - a rough, wet winter took a toll. 
  • Move onto the GC Quad for some testing inside.  I may have gained about 5% ball speed if that much but the numbers were relatively consistent which is a good sign:MicrosoftTeams-image(35).png.daa5ad849ee842aaed5b3a5f7a442d72.pngMy smash factor was up with the new Sqairz versus old pair by about .1 >>with new squairz velo I averaged about 1.22 with a neutral path; One measurement was odd = the club speed on GC Quad is puzzling I was carrying 110 to 115 but club speed was 70 to 71 ??  I think this number is not reality, perhaps someone with more sim skills can enlighten me?

The ball speed was 87-89 which makes more sense. The spin rates were 6000-8000 which is where I am missing something in my swing.

MicrosoftTeams-image(34).png.22f6e3befb25e2aab2c35d2db83166ac.png

New Shoe observations:

They felt like I was glued to the matt. I really mean it, and it threw me off at first while swinging, because I like to roll and slide my feet a little and these shoes will have none of that!!  Once I got used to it, I performed better.  I also still want to roll my back foot and it seems harder in these shoes - although they are brand new (which could get better with some breaking in).  I will say the stability is second to none, if you are a slider these will cure that problem fast.

The dispersion of my shots for 120 yard target with Pitching wedge was about 19 total yards, which for me is quite good.  I will need to watch and measure this!

No answers on the GC Quad question?  I am surprised!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

Ping Putter w/ modified grip

image.png

11 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

May you get over this quickly,  and feel better immediately!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

May you get over this quickly,  and feel better immediately!

Thanks, Rob! It's actually pneumonia and I am on antibiotics plus a drug to help with breathing.  Getting a chest x-ray later this morning.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Thanks, Rob! It's actually pneumonia and I am on antibiotics plus a drug to help with breathing.  Getting a chest x-ray later this morning.

RSV ans pneumonia are going wild right now for some reason. Prayers sent!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Jamie & Hayes,

As you guys may know, my testing activity, and pretty much everything else in my life, has come to a screeching halt over the last 8 days. I began suffering from the RSV Virus last Tuesday or Wednesday, and it quickly transitioned into Pneumonia, which I still have. This has caused me to withdraw from, or cancel, several rounds of golf, including two tournaments and three league rounds, all of which would also have provided Squairz VELO shoe testing opportunities.

I am still taking antibiotics and another prescription drug to help me with my breathing and hopefully to accelerate my recovery. I had a chest x-ray yesterday and received a call from my doctor this morning telling me that my x-ray looked clear and instructing me to finish the full course of antibiotics, which last two more days.

Hopefully, I will be able to get back to the Squairz testing activities next week, when I have three rounds of golf planned.

Doug Mael (a/k/a “funkyjudge”)

Spoiler

1 hour ago, funkyjudge said:

Jamie & Hayes,

As you guys may know, my testing activity, and pretty much everything else in my life, has come to a screeching halt over the last 8 days. I began suffering from the RSV Virus last Tuesday or Wednesday, and it quickly transitioned into Pneumonia, which I still have. This has caused me to withdraw from, or cancel, several rounds of golf, including two tournaments and three league rounds, all of which would also have provided Squairz VELO shoe testing opportunities.

I am still taking antibiotics and another prescription drug to help me with my breathing and hopefully to accelerate my recovery. I had a chest x-ray yesterday and received a call from my doctor this morning telling me that my x-ray looked clear and instructing me to finish the full course of antibiotics, which last two more days.

Hopefully, I will be able to get back to the Squairz testing activities next week, when I have three rounds of golf planned.

Get well soon! You are going to love this shoe. I have a pair and they broke in on the first round and are extremely comfortable!

Play like a champion today!

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Jamie & Hayes,

Get well soon! But don’t push the recovery too quickly. I’ve had ‘viral pneumonia’ a few times and it’s nasty (I have chronic asthma and since I went through a few years of chemo a while back my lungs are very prone to infection). 

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18*) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:titleist-small:TSR2 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small: 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW

:vokey-small:SM9 60/04L

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix ;  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

Played a round at the local course (partial anyway):

Weather hit above 60, and it was a great chance to get out.  Course manager had not opened the course yet, but I convinced him for testing purposes that I had to get a round in! (thanks Sqairz for the reason to press)  He looked at my brand spanking new shoes and said - ok, but be quick about it!

Conditions:  Masters level winds, very very wet course, rough greens

Started off with a great drive, straight as an arrow and right on a swale to be on in 2 and going for birdie.  Double putt and got a PAR!

Walked to next hole. The course was drenched in places and shoes held up well. No water leaking in and traction was as expected, very good.MicrosoftTeams-image(36).png.eaf01eb0df61891f72620d2d1b3f03a4.png

Hit a massive drive for me, total distance just under 280! My normal long is probably 260. Is that because of the shoes? Maybe. Could be wind, could be my swing was grooving. Time will tell but the shoes are starting to break in and feel great!  Hit next shot into creek, chip on. Putt in and score a Bogey with adding the penalty stroke.

Walk through a somewhat wet field / almost river to get to next hole, elevated par 3, 154 to hole. Feet still dry! Pull out my 7i and swing regular, clear the green to back side by almost 15 feet!  Again, shoes? Perhaps, but I am thinking the wind.  I will say the shoes feel both stable and like they fact they are breaking in fast.

4 holes in, a bit too wet so I just reversed my play. All of my drives were straight and long so I can say that I do feel the stability. The shoes had a little bit of staining on top (remember I have the black color) and I will update if they don't clean back to normal:MicrosoftTeams-image(37).png.00c9c2ced7bac6b25e39b5bf78f3a84f.png

The cleats - again -  did not pick up 1/2 the course turf - so I remain impressed with the fact they fixed that issue without sacrificing stability.  The break in period worried me at first, but they have broken in nicely. I did feel spongy at times, but attribute that to the course conditions and not the new padding/soles.  More to come in my formal review but this update should inform some of the questions many of you might have! Stay tuned - same bat channel.....

MicrosoftTeams-image (36).png

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

17 hours ago, Rob Person said:

RSV ans pneumonia are going wild right now for some reason. Prayers sent!

Health is everything. Once you injure a back or an elbow you always think back to good ole days when it just worked!  Get well soon!!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

At least it looks like the test is up and running. I was one of the testers in the original Sqairz shoe test. Since then, I've worn nothing but. Be aware, I recently ordered (or as it turns out 'pre-ordered') a pair of the ProS2 shoes on March 15. This order went in not long after ordering a pair of the Speed Mesh shoes for the upcoming season.

The first order arrived pretty much on time. I really like the Speed Mesh shoes, but since my older pairs were starting to show some significant wear in the heel padding area, I was eager to get the ProS2s for another color option, and for potential wet weather play (summer in FL). The estimated delivery when I placed the order was March 25. That day came and went, and after a week I sent an email to inquire about the order status. Their original response was, after some shipping delays, the new models had arrived and would be shipping out in a few days and I would receive a shipping notice. Another week went by with nothing. Another email. Another response now saying they were experiencing back order, and I would receive a shipping notice. Another two weeks with nothing. Another email. This time the response is, 'expect them to ship some time next month'. 

I don't know what most of you would do or say at this point, but here was my response. "Since I've recently ordered another pair of shoes, I'm okay waiting for the delivery. Is there any kind of offer in the works for such an extended delay? I'll reiterate, this is far below the level of customer service I've come to expect as a long time customer. And I'll be honest, it has me thinking I may not order again. I hope you can use that feedback to make things better." 

Standing by for their response. For the testers, I hope your customer service experience has been up to their earlier standard.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

After a crazy week and a half plus, I got the shoes in and you can read my first impression and unboxing in the main thread for me or by this link here. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

On 4/2/2024 at 1:28 AM, Wheelieb said:

Introduction:

Well, it’s time to address the elephant in the room…I can’t do wheelies. At best I can maybe pull the front tire of a bicycle off the ground for all of maybe a second….

My name is Branden last name is Wheeler, everyone I work with calls me Wheels,  wasn’t sure if that handle was taken so I went with wheelieb. I am 38 years old, live in Virginia close to Yorktown. I started golfing regularly in 2020 but had played numerous times before then. On my deployment in 2017 while in Germany, we tried to go to a course and play out in town, but you need what is called a “Platzreife”.  So, base course it was while there. I am a well-traveled person as this coming October I will have visited my 5th continent by going to South America. It’s time, though, to call it a career and move on to the next one.

After my deployment in 2017, the guy I golfed with left and transferred across the States I then  didn’t touch any clubs until 2019 when I got an old Top Flite set from one of the guys I worked with. Naturally, I needed to get shoes. And the first pair of shoes I got were Adidas Tech Response 2.0. I learned real quick that in Florida, you can count on it raining at least weekly. Now add the Adidas Tech Response just left my feet in a soupy shoe. To mitigate this, I decided to buy some Adidas Code Chaos BOA spikeless shoes. They were Waterproof and spikeless. They were 100 times more comfortable as well. Virginia doesn’t get as much rain and actually gets dry. I went looking for a new pair of shoes that were breathable and found the NIKE Roshe G spikeless shoe.  However, I needed to find a new waterproof shoe, and found the FJ Superlites XP and FJ Tour X

With that out of the way, what I will be looking for is comfort and little foot fatigue across 18 holes. With the shoes being breathable, yet waterproof, I am looking to see if my feet stay drier than my other waterproof shoes. Right now, my driver club head speed is between 109-110 mph so, if I reach 111-112 mph on average while testing that would be a confirmed claim. I have a pretty good dispersion front to back, but side to side I need to bring that in to hit more fairways. With the claim they help with better dispersion, I feel that is also a bold claim. That will be seen with my on course testing. I am also interested in seeing how the AI-generated “Smart-Traction” system works and if it keeps me from slipping while swinging.

I am excited to get these shoes and put them through the ringer to not only see if the claims are true but also how well they hold up in not only wet environment, but dry environment as well. 

Unboxing/First Impressions:

After receiving the box, I was ecstatic to open it up. I’m not used to receiving shoes through the mail, so to open these and see they brightness of the white and the nice blue accents was great. 

openedbox.jpeg.f85c3d1da088409e00539eea3183bdec.jpeg

The note and the pair of socks were quite a surprise. While I was able to talk with Mr. Winskowicz, I felt getting that call didn’t prepare me for the way they were actually going to look. To say I was surprised is not a good enough word to use to describe them. Yes, the pictures online give you an idea of what they look like. For me, it was something I wasn’t used to seeing where they were way better in person.  onjeep.jpeg.9ec610fe1029885951a4ce965c29ec23.jpeg

The next thing that caught my eye were these small square things on the laces. Talking with Mr. Winskowicz I learned that these were part of the lace lock system. This will definitely be something that is going to be tested to see if this keeps the shoes tight and not allow them to become loose.  downdriveway.jpeg.04379a3aef53d994d94a0d6ddd455835.jpeg

My next observation was noticing that the toe was actually more square than what I thought it would be. This not a bad thing aesthetically. I actually like the look of that squared off toe vice a rounded toe for golf shoes. That’s a surprise for me as I am not a fan of squared toed shoes. Doesn’t matter if they are boots either. I’m just not a fan of them. 

Admittedly, I really didn’t know much about the company. With that said, any company claiming they can possibly give you up to two mph swing speed has got to be at the top of the list to try, right? And here I am about to try them. The big thing I noticed when I put them in, the tongue of the shoe didn’t slide down either the left or right side of the shoe. It stayed on top of my foot where it is supposed to be. That is a big plus. downatthem.jpeg.38c41624375176c6fcece7cfed3faf6a.jpeg

Also, please forgive my not so hairy ankles as my work boots basically rip the hairs out. I have to say that wearing them, I don’t really feel like I’m wearing spike golf shoes. I did think that was going to take some time getting used to, but I can honestly say that it couldn’t be any further from the truth. I have wide feet as well. Wide enough my wife tells me I have “duck feet” all the time. I think she’s just jealous that I swim faster than her. But the shoes didn’t feel constrictive, while also didn’t feel loose. It was a comfy fit. I’m looking forward to getting these out on the course to test the waterproof claims, but also to see if they are breathable. If there’s no breathability and my feet are just as wet as the Atlantic Ocean, I may have to figure out why my feet sweat with golf shoes but not others. 

gnome.jpeg.5afe9dc37d07418b1ef0e3d608461550.jpeg

Great intro and looking forward to seeing if the results are true!  

Love the color choice. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Great intros and pics!!!  I see moisture retention was listed as the biggest concern. As someone who goes through alot of my frequently worn shoes due to this issue,  I will be watching to see where it lies. Also, with moisture comes odor issues too.  Will you be removing the insoles after each round to let them air out? (I do this frequently)

Next question is fit. Are they offered in wide sizes? And if so, did you have to go up or down a size to accommodate for best fit?

On 4/17/2024 at 3:26 PM, Indy_Oz said:

Get well soon! But don’t push the recovery too quickly. I’ve had ‘viral pneumonia’ a few times and it’s nasty (I have chronic asthma and since I went through a few years of chemo a while back my lungs are very prone to infection). 

Since I have been through a few rounds of cancer treatments, including two surgeries since late 2020, and I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, I am also very prone to infections, including but not limited to my respiratory tract.

Spoiler

I was finally able to get my hands on the shoes, so I've updated my post with my first impressions and first experience using them on the practice greens and bunkers. Link:

2024 WITB:

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix ;  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

3 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

Since I have been through a few rounds of cancer treatments, including two surgeries since late 2020, and I have Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, I am also very prone to infections, including but not limited to my respiratory tract.

Damn. Sorry to read that. My major cancer surgery was 8 years ago and chemo ended in 2019, but I still have regular checks and scans.

2024 WITB:

First range session came yesterday afternoon with the shoes. To be clear, I had went to only wearing spikeless shoes even though I do have a pair of spike shoes that are waterproof. I just don’t wear them. While practicing I was noticing that my feet weren’t moving like with my spikeless shoes. This inevitably led to me having a more left favored shot. Why? I am not sure. To say this was all due to the shoes I won’t say. It could have just been the miss for the day. I also can’t say for certain that I was hitting shots further with the claims of faster club head speed. I can say that my feet weren’t soaking wet when I took the shoes off. This was also not a 3.5 to 4 hour round, no it was only about an hour and a half and in the 60’s. So that’s something to keep a watch on. So far, just that first range session gives me a little hope. If I can get out for 9 tomorrow morning before work, I will. Really test the “waterproof” claims since we got a good bit of rain today. Until the next update, hit em straight. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

3 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

I was finally able to get my hands on the shoes, so I've updated my post with my first impressions and first experience using them on the practice greens and bunkers. Link:

Excellent intro review! I liked the part about the turf ascension and decension stability!

Did they flex easily when going uphill? I've had shoes that pinched from over flexing the toe area.

6 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Excellent intro review! I liked the part about the turf ascension and decension stability!

Did they flex easily when going uphill? I've had shoes that pinched from over flexing the toe area.

Thanks!

No perceived pinching today. Not that I noticed. I've had that on shoes in the past too. I'll be walking 9 later this week, so I can test more then. But they felt comfortable walking up a gentle slope and I didn't feel any heel lift either - they flexed enough to not be noticeably too rigid. I'm sure they'll break in some more, but I'll be sure to include that on further updates.

Edited by Indy_Oz

2024 WITB:

Arr any of the testers using the SQAIRZ websites video coaching lessons and tutorials?

https://sqairz.com/pages/lesson-of-the-week

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Arr any of the testers using the SQAIRZ websites video coaching lessons and tutorials?

https://sqairz.com/pages/lesson-of-the-week

That I will not. There is another feed about YouTube videos and it helping you or not. When I first got into golf I would watch the videos, but after a while I stopped. Reason being I didn’t have anyone to hold me accountable for not following the video, and there wasn’t anyone there to help correct me when I wouldn’t do something correctly. So I won’t be using their videos or coaching videos during this test.  I just don’t think it would be of any benefit for me. Thank you for asking though. 

Ping Prime Tyne 4

On 4/20/2024 at 7:24 AM, GregB135 said:

At least it looks like the test is up and running. I was one of the testers in the original Sqairz shoe test. Since then, I've worn nothing but. Be aware, I recently ordered (or as it turns out 'pre-ordered') a pair of the ProS2 shoes on March 15. This order went in not long after ordering a pair of the Speed Mesh shoes for the upcoming season.

The first order arrived pretty much on time. I really like the Speed Mesh shoes, but since my older pairs were starting to show some significant wear in the heel padding area, I was eager to get the ProS2s for another color option, and for potential wet weather play (summer in FL). The estimated delivery when I placed the order was March 25. That day came and went, and after a week I sent an email to inquire about the order status. Their original response was, after some shipping delays, the new models had arrived and would be shipping out in a few days and I would receive a shipping notice. Another week went by with nothing. Another email. Another response now saying they were experiencing back order, and I would receive a shipping notice. Another two weeks with nothing. Another email. This time the response is, 'expect them to ship some time next month'. 

I don't know what most of you would do or say at this point, but here was my response. "Since I've recently ordered another pair of shoes, I'm okay waiting for the delivery. Is there any kind of offer in the works for such an extended delay? I'll reiterate, this is far below the level of customer service I've come to expect as a long time customer. And I'll be honest, it has me thinking I may not order again. I hope you can use that feedback to make things better." 

Standing by for their response. For the testers, I hope your customer service experience has been up to their earlier standard.

Since they are made in China - I think all the shipping and political nonsense is impacting them because they are small.  Wonder if they should move manufacture to somewhere else?

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

2 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

That I will not. There is another feed about YouTube videos and it helping you or not. When I first got into golf I would watch the videos, but after a while I stopped. Reason being I didn’t have anyone to hold me accountable for not following the video, and there wasn’t anyone there to help correct me when I wouldn’t do something correctly. So I won’t be using their videos or coaching videos during this test.  I just don’t think it would be of any benefit for me. Thank you for asking though. 

I look at them - not that much different than the youtube stuff. May be helpful, may hurt!

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

10 hours ago, Indy_Oz said:

Thanks!

No perceived pinching today. Not that I noticed. I've had that on shoes in the past too. I'll be walking 9 later this week, so I can test more then. But they felt comfortable walking up a gentle slope and I didn't feel any heel lift either - they flexed enough to not be noticeably too rigid. I'm sure they'll break in some more, but I'll be sure to include that on further updates.

I just feel 'heel' tightness but that is breaking in.

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

10 hours ago, Wheelieb said:

First range session came yesterday afternoon with the shoes. To be clear, I had went to only wearing spikeless shoes even though I do have a pair of spike shoes that are waterproof. I just don’t wear them. While practicing I was noticing that my feet weren’t moving like with my spikeless shoes. This inevitably led to me having a more left favored shot. Why? I am not sure. To say this was all due to the shoes I won’t say. It could have just been the miss for the day. I also can’t say for certain that I was hitting shots further with the claims of faster club head speed. I can say that my feet weren’t soaking wet when I took the shoes off. This was also not a 3.5 to 4 hour round, no it was only about an hour and a half and in the 60’s. So that’s something to keep a watch on. So far, just that first range session gives me a little hope. If I can get out for 9 tomorrow morning before work, I will. Really test the “waterproof” claims since we got a good bit of rain today. Until the next update, hit em straight. 

I have a total draw or even hook bias with the Sqairz shoe, compared to Puma spikeless.  

Callaway  Driver

Mizuno JPX Irons

image.png

On 4/2/2024 at 2:28 AM, Indy_Oz said:

There is a pull tab at the heel and it was interesting to see the shoe liner fabric wraps over the heel, thus avoiding a seam along the top of the heel. I wonder if this is more long-lasting than the average heel seam across the top.

In at least two of my older pairs of Sqairz, there is noticeable wear inside the heel on the seam. They are still holding up, as in not torn, but the friction of walking and swinging over time has rubbed a 'hole' in the fabric along the seam at the base of the heel. Keep in mind, I'm practicing on the range once, sometimes twice a week and getting in a full round nearly once/week as well, so they've been worn quite a bit.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

9 hours ago, billpierce said:

Since they are made in China - I think all the shipping and political nonsense is impacting them because they are small.  Wonder if they should move manufacture to somewhere else?

Update to the post. Still going to have to wait nearly another month for my shoes to arrive, but their response to my last email was a shipping notice for a shoe bag and 3 pairs of socks. At least they are making an effort to compensate for the delay.