I have a Voice Caddie SC300i, have had it for at least a year. The price point was within my budget.  I find it to be reasonably accurate, and I use it mostly to confirm/deny yardages for irons and hybrids that I already count on, and to look at gaps between clubs.  If it's off by a couple yards, that's ok.  I'm looking mostly at comparisons.  Having a bit of trouble setting up an account after downloading the app on my phone, but a call to c.s. was productive and helpful.  My game is not precise anough to spend big bucks on one of the pricier models.

Flightscope MEVO + for 2 1/2 years and couldn't be happier. The accuracy, data points, and price combination can't be beat in my opinion. 90%+ of the complaints are from those that don't spend the time to tweak basic setup and conform to their particular setup limitations. Love the ability to have lefties and righties and not move a thing. Love it works seamlessly with TGC 2019, GS Pro, Awesome Golf and others with no issues. Finally, it can go from my garage to the range with no effort.  Lots to like for the price point. 

Callaway Mavrik Driver 9* w/ Aldila Rogue 130 MSI stiff

Callaway Mavrik 4 wood w/ Evenflow Riptide Stiff

Callaway Mavrik 3 and 4 hybrid w/ blackout graphite 5.5 shafts

Mizuno 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW w/ Project X LZ blackout regular flex steel shafts

Callaway JAWS Full Toe Raw Black w/ Project X blackout graphite wedge flex shafts

Ping Zing putter iWi w/ superstroke pistol grip

I don't own one, I hope to have the space for one some day, if the housing market ever allows for it.

In the meantime, I'm a member at a place called GolfShac where I get to use a GCQuad as often as I can get over there.

Maybe I'm not as skilled with the UI as I could be, but I would love to be able to program in certain things like maybe playing the same hole over and over so I'm hitting Tee Shot, then Approach (and likely trying to chip on too) rather than either needing to play a whole course or just hitting the same shot over and over.

Maybe it exists and someone here knows how I could do that? 

TEE C722 9.5° Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 X

TEE C722 3 wood Tensei AV RAW Blue 75 X

3h Adams A4 Boxer hybrid

4-P PXG 0311T Gen 1

GW 52° PXG 0311

SW 56° PXG 0311

LW 60° PXG 0311

Putter Rife Abaco 

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

13 hours ago, gajrsports said:

Yes.  SC300i.

How do you use it? Indoors or Outdoors. I am looking to make an outdoor setup with a net.

:callaway-small: Mavrik 9 Degree

image.png.ee19b0f17da7a45faaa30e114f86e3c9.png  Mavrik 4 Wood

image.png.cdd20ffc100c65049392af87e0ae3e49.png  Mavrik 3 Hybrid

image.png.5e6ae6d961fc0d5a2a4e5185f0e0c918.png  Mavrik 4 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: CBX 52 Degree

:cleveland-small: Smart Sole S

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5

Currently using the current PRGR. The club head speed seems off by a few mph compared to when I tested it against track man. Unfortunately it’s not consistently off by the same amount so it’s really tough to get a feel for how I’m actually swinging when just using the PRGR. Would love to get a mevo + or R10. 

JackieMoon_LMS: 3.2 handicap

• Driver: Taylormade Stealth Plus 
  • 3W: Taylormade Sim 2 
  • 3H: Taylormade Stealth Plus
  • Irons 4 - PW: Taylormade Tour Preferred
  • Wedges: Vokey 50, 54, 58
  • Putter: Never Compromise GM2 Mallet
  • Ball: Vice Pro 

26 minutes ago, Iowa Hacker said:

How do you use it? Indoors or Outdoors. I am looking to make an outdoor setup with a net.

I set up a net and used it.  I also take it to the range, which I find more useful.  The feel and seeing the flight of the ball when hit center, and what the distance difference really is makes a difference. 

GTK

2 hours ago, Jmoods55 said:

Flightscope MEVO + for 2 1/2 years and couldn't be happier. The accuracy, data points, and price combination can't be beat in my opinion. 90%+ of the complaints are from those that don't spend the time to tweak basic setup and conform to their particular setup limitations. Love the ability to have lefties and righties and not move a thing. Love it works seamlessly with TGC 2019, GS Pro, Awesome Golf and others with no issues. Finally, it can go from my garage to the range with no effort.  Lots to like for the price point. 

It's a great LM.  I use it primarily at the range but have the net to do the simulators. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Yes. I own one of the original skytraks

Evenroll putter

Taylormade MG3 wedges

Mizuno JPX 921

taylormade stealth 4 hybrid and 3 wood 

Cobra Aerojet driver

3 hours ago, Jmoods55 said:

Thanks for your input, Jmoods. You brought up one of the biggest pros of this device, no moving it for lefties or righties. It keeps looking like the Mevo+ is the route for me.

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Definitely close to purchasing one, more than likely the MLM Pro.  Have a good outdoor area to be able to use the specialty balls.  With golf balls around 16 dollars a bucket a few times a week, it will pay for itself going to the range less.  Will allow more short game practice if I can get the settings right.

8* degree triple diamond Paradym Rogue Silver 70 Tour Stiff MSI 130
Rogue 3+ ST LS 

I use the Garmin R10. Made a big difference to my game last year. Overtime at work this year has gotten in the way of playing or hitting the range this year but that will be changing in the next month so will be interesting to see how much my game has suffered with not playing and how quickly I can get it back with the R10

1 hour ago, Holman said:

I use the Garmin R10. Made a big difference to my game last year. Overtime at work this year has gotten in the way of playing or hitting the range this year but that will be changing in the next month so will be interesting to see how much my game has suffered with not playing and how quickly I can get it back with the R10

Do you really like it? I looked at one that was on sale in my area. I so want to get one to help me sort out my game. 

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating! 

I had one a few years ago, I believe it was the SC200Plus.  I got it because it featured a "Practice Mode" in which you could get your swing speed without actually hitting a ball (great for use practicing on my deck).

That feature worked fine, but I had problems on the range.  It seemed to have problems picking-up shots I'd hit with my woods and driver.  Unfortunately, I don't hit big booming shots; I tend to hit these low line drives with a lot of roll.  I finally determined it was wasn't right for me and returned it.  The Swing Caddie people were very nice and gave me a refund (even though I was technically just past the return date), so I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

Hi Group,

This is a topic I am much invested in and love to discuss. I have done extensive research on the topic and currently have the SkyTrak (original) with the "Game Improvement" plan and absolutely love it. I also have the Rapsodo MLM (received it as a gift) and love to use that as well.

The SkyTrak I use in my basement or sometimes my back porch me. In network mode it easily connects to my iphone which I then can connect to a TV. I primarily use the features in the app like the driving range, wedge matrix, closest to the pin, etc. I love being able to go back through and see the history of my range sessions to see how things are improving with different clubs. Currently I have an issue with launching my mid-low irons way too high, which really hurts me on windy days. Now I can track my progress and see if the new technique or swing thought I have is actually producing results. The Game Improvement plan allows me to also connect with TGC19 on my computer where I can play different courses and play with friends. The big downside is the extra cost for the software, having a fast enough computer to run the software, and the occasional miss hits you can get. Overall, it is very simple to use and in my opinion, pretty accurate.

For the Rapsodo MLM, I love its size as I can easily take it to the range and get instant feedback and video playback too. Its also very simple to use and accurate. The only downside is the app at times. You have to stop your practice session on the app to see your dispersion of shots with certain clubs. This could be different with their plans as haven't purchased any plan with it. If you are looking at just getting instant feedback of distance, launch angle, and ball speed then this is a great route.

Trackman opened the door and still sits on the top of the simulator world with all the data and everything it can provide, but these other options (SkyTrak, R10, Rapsodo, FlightScope, etc.) are giving the average golfers more opportunity to improve their game at a lower price. A net, hitting mat, and one of the monitors is going to greatly improve your game because you are getting that instant feedback with data to support it. I went from an 17+ hcp to 9hcp in a short amount of time just because I better understood my distances and how I hit certain clubs. I absolutely highly recommend any of these devices to anyone who is wanting to get better, have some fun, and/or just wants to have a way to still play during the winter. 

Looking forward to following this thread!

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS

Irons: Titleist AP1

Ball: ProV1X Left Dash

I got a Garmin R10 late last year. To date, I've only used it hitting into a net in my yard. I use it probably every 3 or 4 practice sessions to check progress on clubhead speed and carry distance. Every so often I'll play a round with one of the free E6 courses, which helps scratch the itch if I can't get out on the course for one reason or another. I have 11 RCT balls that I use sometimes if I want maximum spin accuracy, such as the day before a round to get a current baseline for iron carry distances or when playing E6, but most of the time I'm using regular balls. I started with 12 RCT balls, but hit a wedge over the net into the woodsy/brushy stuff.  😪  Now I limit RCT shots to 8 iron and longer. 🙃

I thought I would care about the potential inaccuracies in side spin directionality, but for various reasons, it turns out that I don't really need that to benefit from the device.

I have a Rapsodo MLM and it works fine at the driving range for what I need.

Mark Luft

Driver:  PING G430SFT 

Woods: PING G430SFT 3, 5 & 7

Irons:  PING G430 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, W, 45, 50, 54, 58

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X HydroBlast #9

Bag:  Bag Boy Revolver

Push Cart:  Bag Boy Nitro 3 Wheeler

Not currently. I'd like one but currently don't believe I'd be able to use it enough to justify the cost.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Max LS

3 Wood: :PXG: Gen 5 0311XF 

Hybrid: :PXG: Gen 5 0311 XF 22 degree

Irons: :PXG: 2022 XCOR2 0211 5-GW

Wedges: :taylormade-small: R Series 54° & 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small:

2023 Test: ⌚Garmin Approach S70 47mm

The main launch monitor I use is the Garmin R10.

While I know it is not as accurate (particularly with spin rates) as the more expensive LMs, it has been an excellent purchase for me.

First of all, you cannot beat the value. I purchased mine used, but even at full price, this is a remarkably good LM. It is easy to set up and use, gives excellent data and comes with 5 free courses on E6 for anyone using an iOS device. And while the Garmin range app isn't the best, it's perfectly suitable. It also integrates with many sims on the market, including GSPro.

I have an outdoor setup, so I may have had an easier time and more accurate readings than folks with indoor setups which seem to have a few more issues. I have plenty of space from the device to ball/ball to net and no objects that create interference. 

Bottom line for me...I was a 14-15 handicap when I first got the R10. Within a year, I'd dropped to an 11 and have since gone all the way down to an 8. I truly believe having the ability to hit balls everyday and receive actual data about it has been a tremendous help to my game. And...it's just fun!

The other LMs I have are the SwingLogic SLX Hybrid and SLX Hybrid Mini. I initially purchased the SLX Hybrid through crowd-funding. The idea is excellent. The Hybrid is a combo launch monitor, GPS and Bluetooth speaker. To get actual directional data, you also needed to use a device that clips on to your glove. Unfortunately, they had major issues with that, especially for lefties and I was never able to get directional data to work. The other data from the unit itself (distance, club speed/ball speed) seemed to be generally okay. When I tested it out at the range and on the course, it was fairly accurate but inconsistent. I ended up mostly using it for the speaker.

Due to all the issues they had with the original SLX Hybrid (over the course of about a year) they discontinued that product and created the Hybrid Mini, which they gave to all the crowdfunding folks. This one paired with their Mini Sim, which attaches to the club in order to get directional data. And the Hybrid Mini itself is a very tiny unit. I was excited to be able to have such a small LM to bring out to the range, BUT...

Once again, there are a myriad of issues. My first one just plain didn't work. The next one worked, but I do not think is very accurate. Numbers are very different from the Garmin and when I have taken it to the range I get vastly inconsistent data. They have had a bunch more issues between the unit itself and the phone app you can use with it. Sadly, I think they swung too big on this and missed the mark. I hope they work it out with more updates and testing, but I could not recommend this device.

20240409_133536.jpg

Proud lefty

Mizuno JPX-921 irons (6-PW) | Ping G425 5-hybrid | Ping G425 Max Driver, Ping G425 3, 5 & 7 woods

Lazarus Wedges (52, 56, 60) | Scotty Cameron Futura X putter

I have the OG Skytrak and the SC200. I like both for what they do. I love the ease and portability of the SC200. The ST is great for my garage simulator. The range and play and improve package are really good and are pretty accurate. My only complaints are that E6 does not play well with my unit and I have a lefty in my house so game play is a pain to switch and align every time. I will probably replace it in the next couple years with the Bushnell LP or Golfzon wave.  The LP doesn't solve the lack of ambidexterity but it is more simple to flip around. The subscription price is similar to ST but I don have to rely on 3rd party software. 

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

Just bought a Foresight GC3 this winter.  I started with FSX Plax, however recently switched to GSPro.  Both are great but GSPro is absolutely amazing!  

Fingers crossed that winter practice will translate to the course!IMG_4628.jpeg.02ffd0de8f3e3733cb9585726d7a8a3c.jpeg

Be kind to everyone, they might be the next person giving you a gimmie.

On 4/9/2024 at 9:32 PM, RickLit said:

Do you really like it? I looked at one that was on sale in my area. I so want to get one to help me sort out my game. 

I do, really helped with my swing path and with getting me to hit up on the ball with driver

32 minutes ago, Holman said:

I do, really helped with my swing path and with getting me to hit up on the ball with driver

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. I need to bring my game to a new level, and I think I need a launch monitor to bring me there. 

Golf is a humbling sport....I should know...I have three kids, and that can be frustrating!