I don't currently have one but I do work at a golf course which gives me access to Trackman and a Mevo.  As long as I am working there I probably won't be purchasing one.

Srixon Driver ZX5 MkII 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 - Stiff

Srixon 3+ fairway - 13.5* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 5 - fairway 18* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 4 - hybrid UST Proforce V2 - F3(R)

Srixon ZX4 MkII irons - 5 - AW KBS MAX 65 - Regular

Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges 54* and 58* Aerotech SteelFiber fc90cw - Regular

Cobra Agera 3D printed putter

Just now, Pinetree said:

I don't currently have one but I do work at a golf course which gives me access to Trackman and a Mevo.  As long as I am working there I probably won't be purchasing one.

You have real world experience comparing the Mevo to the gold standard, Trackman! Any insights you can share with us?

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

Sorry I have only been the Trackman so I can't really compare.  We have both at the course but the mostly only use Trackman now.

Srixon Driver ZX5 MkII 10.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 - Stiff

Srixon 3+ fairway - 13.5* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 5 - fairway 18* (RH Only) UST Proforce V2 HL 6 - F3(R)

Srixon 4 - hybrid UST Proforce V2 - F3(R)

Srixon ZX4 MkII irons - 5 - AW KBS MAX 65 - Regular

Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedges 54* and 58* Aerotech SteelFiber fc90cw - Regular

Cobra Agera 3D printed putter

I currently own the Voice Caddy Swing Caddy 100. I think that this is the most basic one on the market, but I could be wrong. I would love to get one where I can log performance when I change clubs like drivers, 3-woods, etc. I would love to upgrade to one I could plug into my computer. Price, however, is a concern.

"It's only rock and roll...but I like it." - Mick Jagger

"It is not the will to win that matters-Everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters." - Paul "Bear" Bryant

"If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing with all your heart." - the Buddha

What's in the bag:

Driver Taylormade Qi10 Standard, 3W Callaway RazrFit Extreme, 5W - Cobra Fly Z XL, Wilson D9 4 hybrid, Heat II Single Length Irons 5-SW, Snake Eyes 60' LW

What's on my feet: Squarz/Under Armour Charged Draw 2

Bag Boy Quad XL Push Cart w/Bag Boy CB15 bag

Where I play:  Baja Country Club - Ensenada, Baja Califorinia, Mexico/Bajamar Oceanfront Golf Resort, Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They have become a lot more affordable and a lot more capable in a pretty short time. 

Devices like the Garmin R10, Rapsodo units and others are all well priced and perform great. Do you own one of these? Or have you stepped up into the Uneekor, FullSwing, Bushnell, Foresight or even Trackman space?

What is it you like about yours? What do you wish they had? How do you use yours as part of your normal routine or game? 

If you don't have one what would you want to buy or put on your wishlist?

i do not own one.  If I did, it would have to have face to path, attack angle, and launch & spin info. 

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

I have never owned a launch monitor but I would really love one. They are a bit on the expensive side which is the only thing holding me back but for overall improvement on the practice ground and on the course this would be perfect for me

J.M.Edwards

I got a launch monitor last fall for indoor practice and sim golf, for me and my kids. I started with the Garmin R10 and later upgraded to a Foresight GC3. 

Pros of the r10: relatively cheap, no required subscription (unless you do awesome golf or something similar), accurate for swing speed, ball speed, carry distance, and spin (if using rct balls - which are pricey), and it just works with little fuss. If you have enough width, you can also use it for righty and lefty golfers without moving it. I found the estimated backspin numbers are close enough for most of my practice that I rarely used the rct balls unless I wanted to see a precise backspin number. It would be easy to transport and use outside (which I never did). 

Cons of the r10: not precise side spin numbers, as it calculates a guess based on other factors. I'd guess it uses swing path (isn't always precise with single radar) and initial launch direction. It can't account for gear effect of off center hits. It also was not able to consistently pick up short chips and can not read putting. You do need to have space behind and in front, unlike camera based units. 

I was using the R10 with GSpro. It worked well for that use, except short chipping and putting. If you use the autochip and autoputt setting, it's great. Someone wrote software to use a webcam for putting and when it worked, it was fun. My kids got super frustrated (as did I) with the frequent problems reading putts using the webcam.

I decided to splurge and upgraded to a Foresight GC3. From everything I've seen, the Foresight camera based units are the most accurate option for indoor hitting. Some say it is more accurate than Trackman indoors, although I'm not sure how you can know for sure. 

When I first got the GC3, I realized how inaccurate the Garmin R10 can be on shot shapes, especially on off center hits and larger hooks and slices. 

The GC3 is fantastic with GSPro for playing sim golf. It just works, with accuracy on all shots from drives, to chipping, to putting. 

I also regularly use GSPro driving range for practice hitting balls. I won't know until it warms up a little more to see if my indoor shots match real life ball flight. 

The only downside of the GC3 for me, aside from it being pricey, is that one of my daughters is a lefty and it requires me to move it from side to side when she plays with any righties. I don't have a high enough ceiling for a ceiling mount unit and those are even more expensive. 

I sometimes think it'd be nice to have a GCQuad for the additional data points and larger hitting area, but I couldn't justify the much higher cost. 

I more recently got a PRGR to use with The Stack. It seems accurate and is simple to use. It reads swings without ball impact, making it a good choice to use with The Stack. When hitting balls, the ball speed and carry numbers all seem reasonable. 

Rick

Cobra LTDx driver, Mizuno JPX 923 Forged irons (5-Gap), Cleveland wedges (52, 56), Odyssey 2 ball putter 

1 hour ago, RTH1 said:

Want one for indoor use that doubles as a simulator, I will buy one as soon as I can find someone to convince my wife it's way more useful than her dining room.

I had no luck getting a re-prioritizing of living space.

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I currently own a Swing Caddie 4 - Launch monitor. It’s a great product for its price point and provides all the data I require in addition to capturing all swing’s on video for analysis and review. I was able to compare my launch monitor against Track Man while my son had Cool Clubs Fitting at Grayhawk and found unit was extremely close to data from Track man other than “spin rate” that was off on occasion. Great device for both indoor and outdoor use and extremely usesful for “charting” all clubs in bag in addition to chip/flop shots around the green. With video can then draw “club plane lines” and see how grip, club face alignment is doing throughout the swing etc. The reviews I’ve read would suggest that the Garmin R10 might be more accurate for spin rates etc but this is what I’ve got and enjoying it to date. I can use as golf simulator with E6 software but have not tried this feature as of yet. Great device under $1000.   Cheers

8 minutes ago, Moebetta said:

.. . I can use as golf simulator with E6 software but have not tried this feature as of yet. . .

Don't do it!
Take that red pill and soon all you'll be thinking about it, "hmmm, I bet I could hit a quick 18 on the sim right after work...."
which frequently becomes 36 holes.
It's a slippery slope!
😀

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

I currently have a Foresight GCquad, absolutely love it. I started off with the R10 and a net which actually got me back hooked on golf after a 3 year hiatus. During a hurricane last summer we brought the net inside an buddy brought a screen and cheap projector and on I went down the simulator rabbit hole. Eventually stepped up to a sky track and then hit it with a nice hosel rocket and killed it. Wasn't looking to go as high end as the GCquad but I found a crazy good deal on one and went for it, and im glad I did. Incredibly accurate inside playing with GSPro and I'll take it to the range with me sometimes when trying to sort figure out problems. Having club face data right on a tv screen or iPad is probably the most helpful part for me to correct problem shots. Currently on sim build 4.0 and starting to plan the upgrade for v5.0!!

IMG_0835.jpeg

Javi Brisco - some days its JJJavi, some days its HHHavi

I'm in the market for one.  I'm curious to which one would the best for outdoor use into a net in the more affordable price range of $500 to 2k. 

Ping G410 LST

Taylormade Sim Rockect 3W

Ping G400 7W

Taylormade UDI 3i

Ping i230 5 - GW Power Spec

Ping Glide 4.0 54, 58

Ping Anser 2 Milled

Yes sir, I got a PRGR launch monitor to use with my Rawspeed Golf swing trainer.

I did a lot of research (as I always do) and chose the PRGR because of its ability to measure swing speed without the need to actually hit a ball. It's very compact and simple to use and having compared it with a Trackman and a pro's Flightscope, it's accurate enough for my needs. It's also good fun on the range to gauge average distances with individual clubs. 

Highly recommended 👍

Cobra Darkspeed X 9o 

Taylormade Qi10 3 wood 15o 

Srixon ZX MkII 5 wood 18o 

Srixon ZX mkII 4 hybrid 22o

Titleist T150 irons 4-PW

Cleveland RTX 6 Full Face 50o & 56o

Evnroll ER2 / Evnroll EV5.2 / Sik Pro C / 

Titleist Pro V1x / Callaway Chrome Soft / 

I would definitely consider owning one in the future. The recent testing thread on the  +MODEL got my attention,  especially after the latest updates. 

But a basic model of any brand would be sufficient too for outdoor use. I don't have the indoor space to swing (and not sure the boss lady would let me!)

It would need to have launch numbers, dispersion, as well as distance for my needs of hitting into my large net. Also, a little to no annual fee!

Edited by Rob Person

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Yes, I have the OG Rapsodo and the MLM2PRO.  I enjoyed the OG but being in Florida and it relying heavily on your iPhone in the hot Florida sun it was best used in cooler months or placed in the shade.

I love my MLM2PRO, I use it indoors and at the range. I’m coming up on a full year with it. It did have several software/firmware issues and you still get some occasional mis reads but overall it suits my needs without taking the next step up. Most of the bugs are finally worked out and they’re adding more feature so no real complaints.  I get that it doesn’t have the overall accuracy that the GC3 or BLP have but at less than half the price even with the subscription it’s the most affordable option for my needs. 

I really didn’t get dedicated to learning the game this year and getting lessons too, the dispersion data has really accelerated my game. I was the typical hack shooting over 100. 3 lessons and a ton of range and sim practice, playing every other week and I’m sub 95

IMG_0899.jpeg

Send it 

I own (2) - originally got the Swing Caddie SC300 but was frustrated that it was so spotty pick up ball data (radar based tech)...should also be because I am using in the the SF Bay Area where it is often foggy so understand why it would not work perfectly. The current one I use ~once a month is the Foresight Sports GC3 which has been working great (high speed camera based tech). I find it most useful to get my carry data through the bag, but use it most after I have had lessons to see how swing changes alter my numbers for both ball data (speed, spin, launch angle) and club data (club head speed, angle of attack, face to path direction). They were both significant expenses - the GC3 $7k vs SC300 $500...but one that works all the time and provides more data is worth it for me. I golf 2-3 times a week and take a lesson once a quarter so my numbers change through out the year.

Dr: TM Stealth Plus 10.5

3W: TM Stealth

3H: TM Sim

4I - PW: TM P7MC

50/56/60: Cleveland RTX Zipcore

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select 1.5

I started using the Rapsodo MLM2PRo since December.  It's been a great, both inside and outside.  We primarily use it in our basement.  The numbers are accurate and the simulator feature is incredible.  We've also used it outside at the range several times, and it is easy to set up and travel with.  On the positive, its inexpensive compared to other devices, while still giving accuracy and loads of features.  The only negative is the $199/yr renewal for simulator subscription.

:callaway-small: Paradym Drijver 10.5*

:taylormade-small: RBZ 3 Wood 14*

:cleveland-small: Hybrid 19*

:callaway-small: Apex 19 Irons (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Chrome Wedges (52,56,60) S-Grind

:odyssey-small: White Hot #5 Putter (33in)

If I were younger (I'm 75) I might consider if  had "serious potential".  I also wonder how that data relates between range balls of varying quality and a brand new ProV1x.  How do you fine tune launch and spin with your wedges with a ball that the only quality it shares with your gamer is that it is round (ish)?

100% going to be looking into this into the next year or 2! 

interested to see what else comes out in that timeframe too or what gets developed, I think the portable yet affordable ones are the game changer now but I think if one definitely has courses you can play too you are on to a real winner! 

P.J.Marshall

PING G425 MAX 9°

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 wood

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 Hybrid

Stealth Irons 4-PW

Callaway Jaws Raw 48,52,58

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade (currently looking at other putters)

Either Srixon AD333 or TM Tour Response Stripe

Callaway Chev carry and trolley bag

Ben Sayers Electric Trolley 

I have had the Mevo+ and OG SkyTrak and loved them both!

The dream of course would be a GCQuad or Trackman but a BLP would be a middle sweep spot!

WITB 2023

Driver- Mizuno STZ-220 

Woods: 3w- PXG 0211, 5w- Mizuno STZ

Utility- PXG GEN5 Driving Iron 20*, Srixon ZX Utility 23*

Irons- Srixon ZX7 6-PW, Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges- Callaway Jaws MD5 50, 54, 58

Putter- Taymorlade Spider S Chalk 

Ball- Srixon Z-Star XV

I owned 2 launch monitors, from PRGR. 1 is the black model, 1 is the red model. Both work well for me, as I'm more concerned with swing speed. I have had both for about 5 yrs, cost was under $100.00 each. They are much cheaper than Garmin, Trackman, or any others on the market. As a life time hacker, I would rather purchase less costly training aides than those seen on TV or internet ads. 

Enjoy playing golf NOT trying to be a PRO

I have an OG Skytrak and love it. It occasionly has a misread or no read but it is more than good enough for my purposes. The distances are spot on for me also.

I do also have an original Rapsodo MLM that confirms my distances but I have thought about selling it since I use the Skytrak much more. I have also paired the Skytrak with GSPro and it is a great setup for th money.

I have a skytrak that I’ve been using over the past year and a half. I use it to work on my ball striking consistency. I play rounds on TGC19 also to attempt to account for aiming points with wind variances, not sure how accurate it is but it can’t hurt anymore than not having an initial idea of where to offset and aim as a starting point! I am really happy with it, would like something with club data also at some point!

Trey Markham 

Don't have one but, on a wishlist id probably start with the Garmin or Rapsodo. Ultimately something portable to take to the range as I don't have the set up for a home space with net and all, if I did I would invest in a simulator set-up for what I feel would be better results to all for all phases of the game to be practiced. Hopefully one day after my kids college tuitions are all paid and I have some extra money!

msanagustin