Price of a golf round

JCole

20 hours ago, David Rakoczy said:

I am located in the Tristate Area and yes a lot of courses can be expensive,

There are some that are relatively affordable, such as Westwood (NJ) and Paxon Hollow(PA)

Then you have some of Jaworski’s courses that are insane, up too $135.00 on Weekends in the summer, such as Riverwinds and Blue Heron

I acquired the Victory Golf Pass, we golfed Seaview last year and it saved us about $200.00, for a 50.00 book it’s not to bad. Definitely worth it for the avid player.

Picture of Book attached!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I use Tee Time Golf Pass instead of Victory. Tee Time Offered more free rounds than Victory and donates to my Golf Outing I coordinate, organize, and run. 

I too am located in the Tri-State area. If you’re looking for some deals on another site, try Group Golfer. This week they have Broad Run Golfer’s Course in West Chester, PA for $60. This is a 50% discount depending when you use it. Valid for use until mid-April 2025. They have different course deals every 3-5 days. Group Golfer got my golf league a $30 round at Linfield National earlier in the year. Great deal when most courses are averaging $70-90/round on weekends these days.

I also do those flash deals on Tee Off, a third party tee time reservation site. Playing Hopewell Valley for $40 this weekend. Saving me $20 or so for the round. 

- TK

On 8/30/2024 at 8:15 AM, TK_ said:

I use Tee Time Golf Pass instead of Victory. Tee Time Offered more free rounds than Victory and donates to my Golf Outing I coordinate, organize, and run. 

I too am located in the Tri-State area. If you’re looking for some deals on another site, try Group Golfer. This week they have Broad Run Golfer’s Course in West Chester, PA for $60. This is a 50% discount depending when you use it. Valid for use until mid-April 2025. They have different course deals every 3-5 days. Group Golfer got my golf league a $30 round at Linfield National earlier in the year. Great deal when most courses are averaging $70-90/round on weekends these days.

I also do those flash deals on Tee Off, a third party tee time reservation site. Playing Hopewell Valley for $40 this weekend. Saving me $20 or so for the round. 

Just did the Group Golfer for Broad Run! Hope it happens. How does it work? Do a certain amount of people need to buy it?

Ping Driver, Calloway Irons, Odyssey putter. Chasing the Ace!

On 9/1/2024 at 5:42 PM, David Rakoczy said:

Just did the Group Golfer for Broad Run! Hope it happens. How does it work? Do a certain amount of people need to buy it?

Group Golfer is great.  Yes normally it just requires a minimum number of passes be purchased, and then the deal is on. Only real restriction for my use is on weekends most of the time you can't use the passes till after 11am-1pm, depending on the course.  I use it regularly here in Ohio.   It's a good way to test a course for cheap.  I just purchased four passes for $28 a piece.  We'll play it now, and then if it comes up again(assuming the course is in decent shape)  we(my 2 brothers, and I) will purchase 3 sets of four passes,  for next year. It's literally 3 rounds for the price of two.  Average here at publics, is $44-$48 for 18 and a cart.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

I have been living in the UK for the last couple years and can offer a little insight possibly of interest to those travelling here for golf vacations. We all want to play the Open Rota courses. I played Royal St. George’s for Labor Day because everyone here had to work. Was it nice? It was really nice. Was it $400 nice? Once. There are a number of other course for far less that are just as good. Royal Cinque Ports or Prince’s have hosted Open Championships and are right next door. The price of the “bucket list” courses is thru the roof. The courses know darn well that mostly us Americans will fork over whatever it takes to play something we saw on tv. The Old Course goes well above that of course. Local advice is go ahead and pay for the one or two you absolutely have to play and for the rest of your time find the hidden gems. 

Golf-aholism: Not the worst habit.

Checked a very nice course here.

It's $44 greens fees and $35 for cart.

They have a yearly membership. Single about $1,500 with cart per year.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

It seems like golf is in an interesting time. It is both growing in popularity while becoming more and more cost prohibitive. 

There's a whole class of people that grew up around country clubs and golf that won't be able to afford that lifestyle. 

I'm wondering where this ends. More public courses? More discount memberships as opposed to private clubs?

Rasmanian Devil

Paradym Driver, 3W HL, 2 hybrid

Titleist t300 irons

Kirkland wedges 

Odyssey Tri-Hot double wide putter 

I'm in NW Illinois. Unlimited golf memberships here run $650 a year without cart and $1200 with a cart. I have a electric trolley so I walk a lot. Walking 18 is normally $25 and many places are $25 for 18 holes with a cart after 3 P.M.

Titleist GT2 10°

Ping Anser 5 wood

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Glide 58°ES

Seemore mFPG Nashville Studio

4 hours ago, braincramp said:

I'm in NW Illinois. Unlimited golf memberships here run $650 a year without cart and $1200 with a cart. I have a electric trolley so I walk a lot. Walking 18 is normally $25 and many places are $25 for 18 holes with a cart after 3 P.M.

I'm shocked to know there are even golf courses in Illinois.  we just drove through there and saw nothing but corn fields.  lol

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

On 9/10/2024 at 6:06 PM, Rasmaniandevil said:

It seems like golf is in an interesting time. It is both growing in popularity while becoming more and more cost prohibitive. 

There's a whole class of people that grew up around country clubs and golf that won't be able to afford that lifestyle. 

I'm wondering where this ends. More public courses? More discount memberships as opposed to private clubs?

Great question.  Plus the price of new clubs isnt helping either.  Probably more folks will be buying DTC clubs unless the big boys start dropping their prices.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

On 9/8/2024 at 9:13 PM, Old New Golfer said:

Checked a very nice course here.

It's $44 greens fees and $35 for cart.

They have a yearly membership. Single about $1,500 with cart per year.

So how many months can you actually play in SD?

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

1 hour ago, bama no 1 said:

This is for the Black Hills. It's very iffy. I've seen 74f here in Jan. I've seen 30 below here in Jan.

I woke up one morning in Custer. Our highest elevation city. It was 30 below zero. Very next morning I woke up. It was 30 above zero.

I know there are courses set up for winter. Tarps on greens, etc.

I really don't know? I haven't been playing. I really am not worried. Plenty of time for Golf. I can hit balls at home with my launch monitor.

I do think what that course charges is very fair. I'll be getting a membership with a cart.

Out best course around here is Red Rock CC. Allows public. I ain't fooling around with them. One I'm going to is really good.

Edited by Old New Golfer

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

1 minute ago, Old New Golfer said:

This is for the Black Hills. It's very iffy. I've seen 74f here in Jan. I've seen 30 below here in Jan.

I woke up one morning in Custer. Our highest elevation city. It was 30 below zero. Very next morning I woke up. It was 30 above zero.

I know there are courses set up for winter. Tarps on greens, etc.

I really don't know? I haven't been playing. I really am not worried. Plenty of time for Golf. I can hit balls at home with my launch monitor.

just wondering so i could dollar cost average per round for the days available to play.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

2 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

just wondering so i could dollar cost average per round for the days available to play.

At what they're charging. I'm not worried about it. I'll be able to play maybe a couple times a week at most. And it is a righteously good course. Well maintained and all.. Seems to be a good attitude there too.

Now if I drove up to Red Rock. I'd be worried about cost averaging.

I haven't even looked at what the new Hot Springs course is charging.

3 hours ago, bama no 1 said:

I have a friend that lives in Sioux Falls, and typically courses and weather are very playable, comfortably from May through September.

He says you may get a couple weeks before in April that are OK, and possibly a couple more or so after September.

I have only been there in July, and at times it can get very hot there too.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist GT2 8 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Red & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4 

Hybrid: :titleist-small: TSR2 21 degree - :projectx: Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :Nippon: Modus 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM9 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 5 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Link to Motocaddy M7 w/Remote Trolley & Bag Review

2 hours ago, rkj427 said:

I have a friend that lives in Sioux Falls, and typically courses and weather are very playable, comfortably from May through September.

He says you may get a couple weeks before in April that are OK, and possibly a couple more or so after September.

I have only been there in July, and at times it can get very hot there too.

They’re envious of us in Sioux Falls. We have trees. 

On 9/17/2024 at 11:15 AM, bama no 1 said:

I'm shocked to know there are even golf courses in Illinois.  we just drove through there and saw nothing but corn fields.  lol

You have to get way up in the northwest corner where all the hills are to see anything decent. Also have boatloads of corn too.😅

Titleist GT2 10°

Ping Anser 5 wood

Ping G25 Irons 4-UW

Ping Glide 58°ES

Seemore mFPG Nashville Studio

This is my first year playing golf.  I picked a hell of a year because me and my wife just had a baby at the start of the season. I quickly realized how expensive of a hobby i dove into (already to deep to get out now though).  So to keep the wife happy I am trying to live out my golf dreams on a budget. I work during the weekend and take car of the little one during the week (getting the chance to escape for one golf outing a week).  If you got a flexible schedule you need to do yourself a favor and look into golfnow.  Its not life changing but it makes a round of golf more reasonable.  I have been able to get a round of 18 with a cart for $12.75 using their hot deals on the day of.  Most time i get a round for about 20 to 25 per 18.  and they arent bad courses like you would expect at that price.  I am sure most of you know of it already but i am just trying to spread the wealth for those who dont.

Timothy Henning

This is my first year playing golf.  I picked a hell of a year because me and my wife just had a baby at the start of the season. I quickly realized how expensive of a hobby i dove into (already to deep to get out now though).  So to keep the wife happy I am trying to live out my golf dreams on a budget. I work during the weekend and take car of the little one during the week (getting the chance to escape for one golf outing a week).  If you got a flexible schedule you need to do yourself a favor and look into golfnow.  Its not life changing but it makes a round of golf more reasonable.  I have been able to get a round of 18 with a cart for $12.75 using their hot deals on the day of.  Most time i get a round for about 20 to 25 per 18.  and they arent bad courses like you would expect at that price.  I am sure most of you know of it already but i am just trying to spread the wealth for those who dont.

Timothy Henning