Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Cart Path Only- does it affect your game?

36 minutes ago, mardukes said:

Of course!  I think the tiring comes from the coincidence of walking on soft wet ground.

However, I can't stand not knowing the distance before leaving the cart.  Once last year I got out of the cart around 150, headed over with a 7 and 8 then got to my ball near a sprinkler head reading "109".  Now what?  Go back?

I'm a hooker, so theoretically I'm crossing the fairway half the time.

And it certainly adds to the length of time taken to finish.

You take club for the distance per the cart then some clubs in case the distance is longer or shorter than that. Also allows you to not have to go back to cart unless you are the one that needs to drive the cart up the hole 

When it's cart path only, I walk.  If I have to ride, because my player partner might prefer to, it's an inconvenience but not one that affects my game.  Once in a blue moon, I might take the wrong club and just play it instead of going back to the cart, but that's pretty much it.

For those that walk when CPO, do you stay on the path and walk out like it's 90⁰ rule, or do you tread up the fairway, aka shortest route to the ball?

Our course here when it is CPO  only applies to the motorized carts. Walkers and pushers are exempt.  Those who use electric push carts tend to play 90⁰ rule to prevent getting stuck in super soft turf areas

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

22 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You take club for the distance per the cart then some clubs in case the distance is longer or shorter than that. Also allows you to not have to go back to cart unless you are the one that needs to drive the cart up the hole 

Really?  I took two clubs and neither was correct.  Taking a handful of clubs is the complaint not the solution.  Unless, of course, one imagines inside of 150 yards "up (sic) the hole."

Z565 or Launcher Lite :: M6 3&5 woods :: Srixon hybrids :: Cleveland 588 TT irons :: CBX wedges :: midsize grips w/no glove

6 minutes ago, mardukes said:

Really?  I took two clubs and neither was correct.  Taking a handful of clubs is the complaint not the solution.  Unless, of course, one imagines inside of 150 yards "up (sic) the hole."

It’s actual solution. I take 4-5 clubs with me to account for distance and lie.

I don’t make any decisions based purely off distance to the flag. I account for where the flag is, where the miss is, where trouble is and then to be prepared in case I don’t execute the shot and have to play another shot especially when I can walk to my next shot because my cart partner will bring the cart up. Then I can walk to the cart after my next shot or maybe even the green and have my partner bring what I need.

solves the issue of pace of play and to have what I need for whatever while I want to hit. Every good player I know does it that way. Most mid or higher handicaps don’t unless they’ve learned from a better player like I did

For me CPO is merely an inconvenience which does slow down play.  I take several clubs depending on the conditions when I reach the ball.  All of the courses on which I have played only require the motorized carts to stay on the cart path, it really doesn't matter.  However, if CPO applies to the course, you may want to be sure that you have your best waterproof shoes on.  There is a reason that it is cart path only (CPO).

glnelson7

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Speed 2021 11.5 degree, Rogue Fairway 3W 2019 15 degree, Rogue 4H 2018 21 degree, Rogue 2018 6I-AW irons, SureOut Wedge 58 degree

:cleveland-small: CG Black 3H 2015 19 degree, CBX SW 54 degree 2019

Taylormade Raylor 22 degree 2010

:odyssey-small: White Hot V-Line Mallet 2013 35 in.

Doesn't matter to me. The only annoying thing is watching a player ahead, who walks 50 yards to the ball with his laser, uses laser, then walks back to the cart to get the correct club. Then hits it fat and repeats the same routine 60 yards forward from last spot. I am tired of suggesting shooting from the cart and then taking 3 clubs to walk to the ball that are the yardage, and then one club less and one club more. How hard can this be?

One of our courses was closed for major renovation and when opened, was 4 months cart path only. 5 hour rounds. Just saying.

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

For those that walk when CPO, do you stay on the path and walk out like it's 90⁰ rule, or do you tread up the fairway, aka shortest route to the ball?

Our course here when it is CPO  only applies to the motorized carts. Walkers and pushers are exempt.  Those who use electric push carts tend to play 90⁰ rule to prevent getting stuck in super soft turf areas

When I walk, I carry my bag so I walk directly to my ball unless there's a really sloppy area I have to walk around.  But, with or without a push cart, I wouldn't want to walk on the cart path due to the damage it would do to my spikes.  I'd walk on the grass next to the cart path if I was forced to follow CPO rules while walking.  I also think CPO applies and should apply only to motorized carts because of their weight and their propensity to spin their wheels.  Push carts will leave tracks, but that grass is going to bounce back faster than tracks from a heavy motorized cart, and push carts won't spin their wheels.

Definitely slows things down but it doesn’t affect my game anymore. I used to just grab the club I needed and then sometimes realized once I get to my ball I realize I might need another club but I’ve started to bring 3 clubs usually with me. It can be hard if you don’t know the person in the cart with you and can’t coordinate how the cart moves around the course. 

Been playing for about 2 years in total. Winter breaks and a 6month period when I got sick. Starting to feel like myself again and recently played a “okay” round. 
I currently have custom fit Cobra LTDx irons/wedges, a Vokey 60(cause my short game has been the best part of my game, and a Maverick 9 deg. Driver. Driving is the worst part of my game so My 4 iron usually takes alot of the long game abuse.