Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

Practice Paying Off

Friday evening I went to the driving range and spent an hour working from my wedges up thru my 3i hitting about 10 balls per club. I then hit about 25 balls with my driver. When I got home I spent an hour or more putting with the Exputt. I started with the practice round set to ascending so it would start with a 5’ putt and progress up to 50’ adding 5’ each time. I went through that cycle about 10 time then set it to random and and continued putting all on a flat green. Next I switched to multi player  and played six 3 hole matches against random players. Seems when I am on late at night there are a lot of Korean players on. I did pla my 2 matches against LipOutLiar who I have played against before.

Today I played a 9 hole round at my home course and shot a 43 which is my personal best for this year. I gained 5 strokes in my putting game versus my previous rounds.  I was also hitting my irons well the entire round.

IMG_3601.jpeg.fb309013df825157220bef38eb9d5c86.jpeg

Edited by Wolfstrum

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

49 minutes ago, Wolfstrum said:

Practice Paying Off

Friday evening I went to the driving range and spent an hour working from my wedges up thru my 3i hitting about 10 balls per club. I then hit about 25 balls with my driver. When I got home I spent an hour or more putting with the Exputt. I started with the practice round set to ascending so it would start with a 5’ putt and progress up to 50’ adding 5’ each time. I went through that cycle about 10 time then set it to random and and continued putting all on a flat green. Next I switched to multi player  and played six 3 hole matches against random players. Seems when I am on late at night there are a lot of Korean players on. I did pla my 2 matches against LipOutLiar who I have played against before.

Today I played a 9 hole round at my home course and shot a 43 which is my personal best for this year. I gained 5 strokes in my putting game versus my previous rounds.  I was also hitting my irons well the entire round.

IMG_3601.jpeg.fb309013df825157220bef38eb9d5c86.jpeg

I’m currently work on distance .. this time I started at 5 ft then 15 , 25 etc. I have notice that after the first sessions of my previous 10ft practice my stroke and face angle improved, distance control was better than what I expected and make make percentage was close to the tour averages. I’ll be putting up some stats and pics more then likely tomorrow sometime.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

I find having a yard stick with one inch increments helps with distance control. Try hit with a 6/7/8 etc inch backswing and see how far it goes. Then use it as a benchmark for future  

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

Tried out the 50-20 drill @buckpillar did a while back before running out to youth football games today.

IMG_1869.jpeg

The DF3 was up to the challenge, but I got into a bit of a rapid-fire mode I think that I'll need to focus on better next time.  

IMG_1873.jpeg

I only took 12:23 to complete the 50 putts so we wouldn't be late,  Overall quite pleased with the dispersion, but I would have liked to roll a few more in the cup.  

I might try my hand at this drill again later on.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Tried out the 50-20 drill @buckpillar did a while back before running out to youth football games today.

IMG_1869.jpeg

The DF3 was up to the challenge, but I got into a bit of a rapid-fire mode I think that I'll need to focus on better next time.  

IMG_1873.jpeg

I only took 12:23 to complete the 50 putts so we wouldn't be late,  Overall quite pleased with the dispersion, but I would have liked to roll a few more in the cup.  

I might try my hand at this drill again later on.

Good looking numbers, I'm betting that if you took your time you would have made more but your overall make percentage and dispersion.. I'll take that everyday of the week.

I'm working on the 5ft 15ft etc practice now, I'm rolling 50 putts for each and maybe if I feel froggy I'll roll 100(don't hold your breath)

@GolfSpy_BOS did you start out at the 10ft distance and build to 20 or did you go right after the 20ft?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Good looking numbers, I'm betting that if you took your time you would have made more but your overall make percentage and dispersion.. I'll take that everyday of the week.

I'm working on the 5ft 15ft etc practice now, I'm rolling 50 putts for each and maybe if I feel froggy I'll roll 100(don't hold your breath)

@GolfSpy_BOS did you start out at the 10ft distance and build to 20 or did you go right after the 20ft?

Na I had about 20 minutes so I went in cold to the 20 footers without any warmup putts. Haha

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

22 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Na I had about 20 minutes so I went in cold to the 20 footers without any warmup putts. Haha

Like I said, either way cold or warmed up.. I'll take those numbers everyday.

You up for a match or 2 say Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

36 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

The other thing I reckon this could be good for is changing conditions.

For example, if they have cored and sanded the greens, you know it's going to be playing at around 7 or 8 on the stimp so you spend a day or two preparing by playing really slow greens. If you are playing at a course which is known to have fast greens, you crank it up to 12 or 13 to prepare.

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

21 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

The other thing I reckon this could be good for is changing conditions.

For example, if they have cored and sanded the greens, you know it's going to be playing at around 7 or 8 on the stimp so you spend a day or two preparing by playing really slow greens. If you are playing at a course which is known to have fast greens, you crank it up to 12 or 13 to prepare.

I know when they sand the greens around me they get quicker, it seems like it is a fine.. fluffy looking sand they use.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I know when they sand the greens around me they get quicker, it seems like it is a fine.. fluffy looking sand they use.

With us, they let the grass grow a little longer so it’s a lot slower, with not much turn

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

13 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Tuesday night maybe... I'll be getting out of a meeting at 8 or so.

Wednesday I'm traveling to Philly for a quick work conference so that won't work.

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_BOS said:

Tuesday night maybe... I'll be getting out of a meeting at 8 or so.

Wednesday I'm traveling to Philly for a quick work conference so that won't work.

OK, maybe we can shoot for 9 or 930, if things work out

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

OK, maybe we can shoot for 9 or 930, if things work out

May be able to play a game or 2 Tuesday evening.

Also I couldn't find the remote for like 30 mins and realized there is very little you can do without it. Ended up finding it inside my desk chair some how. 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

1 hour ago, pozzit said:

May be able to play a game or 2 Tuesday evening.

Also I couldn't find the remote for like 30 mins and realized there is very little you can do without it. Ended up finding it inside my desk chair some how. 

I missed placed mine a while ago.. think they need to add a remote locator button to the sensor

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I've just got my Exputt this past Friday, been playing around with it, but I cannot get all the tabs on the analysis mode to display any data? 

I also put an SD card in the unit, I have no idea what is / was on it. The unit didn't even acknowledge the card being in there? 

Would anyone be able to post an idiots guide (or point me in the right direction) of how to be using this thing correctly? I've read the 24 ish page manual several times and cannot see anything of use in there? 

Thank you

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

31 minutes ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Hi everyone,

I've just got my Exputt this past Friday, been playing around with it, but I cannot get all the tabs on the analysis mode to display any data? 

I also put an SD card in the unit, I have no idea what is / was on it. The unit didn't even acknowledge the card being in there? 

Would anyone be able to post an idiots guide (or point me in the right direction) of how to be using this thing correctly? I've read the 24 ish page manual several times and cannot see anything of use in there? 

Thank you

Have you set up the practice mode and hit start, then hit the 3 line button then select analyze then your set.

you need to have at least 5 session of data analysis for all tabs to work and give you feedback.When I received mine for the test I thought the same as you do now, but it does take multiple sessions to provide data  all tabs.

If you want, we maybe having some matches on Tuesday night if you would like to join.

I can probably play on Wednesday night also depending on your schedule.

Keep you eyes on the thread and you can even direct message me to  up a match.

Let us know.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

9 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Have you set up the practice mode and hit start, then hit the 3 line button then select analyze then your set.

you need to have at least 5 session of data analysis for all tabs to work and give you feedback.When I received mine for the test I thought the same as you do now, but it does take multiple sessions to provide data  all tabs.

If you want, we maybe having some matches on Tuesday night if you would like to join.

I can probably play on Wednesday night also depending on your schedule.

Keep you eyes on the thread and you can even direct message me to  up a match.

Let us know.

Thank you. I'll be sure to do things in that order to start getting some data. 

Would love to join a match or two. I might give it a few days of practice to get used to the system etc first if that is okay. But I'll keep an eye on this thread and jump on when I can. I appreciate the offer. 

Aerojet LS 9 deg

TM Stealth 3H

Mizuno 921HMP Irons 4-GW

TM Spider Putter

1 minute ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Thank you. I'll be sure to do things in that order to start getting some data. 

Would love to join a match or two. I might give it a few days of practice to get used to the system etc first if that is okay. But I'll keep an eye on this thread and jump on when I can. I appreciate the offer. 

No worries, let us know when you’re ready. Just message here or me directly

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

55 minutes ago, Rainy_PNW said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you

I haven't used the analysis much but from what I remember, you need to run activate analysis a minimum of 5 times before the data will show.

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

No SD card needed by the way. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

25 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

I have a room set up under buckpillar -- password is 3333

if anyone wants to join.. I have it set at the maximum players of 4

I had to drop out for now, have an issue in the house, nothing serious

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Have you guys seen this display? 

PXL_20240925_181150640_MP.jpg.4a29d9a8515018a2a9150464784f52ff.jpg

Looks like it gives recommended speed, angle in hole, aim distance from hole.

This will give me a huge improvement reading the greens and understanding the break. Why has it taken me so long to find this? 

17 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Have you guys seen this display? 

PXL_20240925_181150640_MP.jpg.4a29d9a8515018a2a9150464784f52ff.jpg

Looks like it gives recommended speed, angle in hole, aim distance from hole.

This will give me a huge improvement reading the greens and understanding the break. Why has it taken me so long to find this? 

If it is like the original release, you can turn the screen to make the angle 0 and then hit a “straight” putt 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just to throw a twist into this thread: do any of you guys also own a home launch monitor? I have a simulator setup in my garage, but (very first world problems) neither Mevo+ nor SkyTrak+ are reliable at reading putts. Most of the time when I play (or play with my kids), we just allow the computer to autoputt, taking a number based on distance from the hole.

But I'm hoping, in the next week or so, to follow the instructions available online to use the ExPutt along with my Mevo+ for playing sim golf in GSPro. Someone has built a software app that takes the video input from the ExPutt and feeds its numbers into the GSPro connector, so that I will (hopefully) be able to use the Mevo+ for all my shots and then putt a ball on the ExPutt once I'm on the green.

I'll keep this thread updated with my success (or failure) on this project.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

29 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:

Just to throw a twist into this thread: do any of you guys also own a home launch monitor? I have a simulator setup in my garage, but (very first world problems) neither Mevo+ nor SkyTrak+ are reliable at reading putts. Most of the time when I play (or play with my kids), we just allow the computer to autoputt, taking a number based on distance from the hole.

But I'm hoping, in the next week or so, to follow the instructions available online to use the ExPutt along with my Mevo+ for playing sim golf in GSPro. Someone has built a software app that takes the video input from the ExPutt and feeds its numbers into the GSPro connector, so that I will (hopefully) be able to use the Mevo+ for all my shots and then putt a ball on the ExPutt once I'm on the green.

That sounds like an awesome addition and would be great to see some other cheaper LMs to get into GS Pro and then allow this such as Rapsodo or Garmin which would allow a someone to get a more complete and functional SIM set up for very cheap while still getting actual putting work. That would seem to a wonderful bundle offer say if the ability to use both would get easier for users as I am sure it is involved right now.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

4 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

That sounds like an awesome addition and would be great to see some other cheaper LMs to get into GS Pro and then allow this such as Rapsodo or Garmin which would allow a someone to get a more complete and functional SIM set up for very cheap while still getting actual putting work. That would seem to a wonderful bundle offer say if the ability to use both would get easier for users as I am sure it is involved right now.

It looks like the origins of this were actually with the Rapsodo. The app (I think) was originally built to allow use of a webcam to measure putting while using the Rapsodo for full shots, then it expanded to pair other LMs (including the Mevo+) and the ExPutt.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

5 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:

It looks like the origins of this were actually with the Rapsodo. The app (I think) was originally built to allow use of a webcam to measure putting while using the Rapsodo for full shots, then it expanded to pair other LMs (including the Mevo+) and the ExPutt.

Oh that is sweet, I don't have the space for an indoor set up for all this but if I ever do look out

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

47 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:

I do have a Garmin R10 and would absolutely love the ability to pair them for the same simulation system. I have tried to dual path a simulation round by playing the holes on E6 then hitting putts in Explorer mode on the Exputt then Manually entering the #of putts in E6. 

It is cumbersome, to say the least, with 2 displays, manually moving a point to match distance and then waiting for the next. Being integrated would make a world of difference in being more emmersive.