What Are The Best Irons In Golf?

Best I have ever used, granted, I was much younger and had a lot more speed. The Wilson Staff Progressives. For me - butter.

• Driver - Callaway Paradym X 10.5 - Project X HZRDS Gen 4 50
  • 3 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 16.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • 5 Wood - Callaway Paradym X 18.5 - Project X HZDRS Gen 4 50
  • Irons (4 - P) - Srixon ZX7 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Wedges - Srixon ZX7 51-08 KBS Tour C-Taper Lite; Titleist Vokey SM10 54-08 & 58-04 - KBS Tour C-Taper Lite
  • Putter - LAB DF3 Custom
  • Golf Ball - 2024 Titleist Pro V1X Left Dash

Titleist T150 and Mizuno Pros would be my top picks. Miuras are also elite, but not sure worth the price. So many good options now. Get fit and see what feels good!

Titleist clubs

Would rather be playing Pebble

With my limited experience, I’d have to vote for my current Mizuno JPX921HM as far as clubs that I’ve played. If I include clubs that I’ve hit I would go with the Titleist T150. I’ve hit a few shots on the range with the T150s and really liked the aesthetics, the feel, and ball flight. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

Currently the Mizuno MP series is the best clubs ever.  The Mizuno irons have a long history of great feel, excellent forging, and a look that makes you confident. No other irons compare.

Driver Titleist Tsi 3 9.75*
Fairway Titleist 5, 7 woods

Hybrd Titleist TSR 2 21* or

Utility iron Mizuno HiFly 4

Irons Mizuno Pro 245 5-P

Wedges Vokey SM9 48*, 54*, and 58*

Putter Scotty Cameron Newport super select

Ball Titleist ProV 1X

Cobra amp cell pro is definitely up the for me. Have and will always love those irons. 

Mizuno mp25 are close as well. 

The t150 are my favorite though. They are longer, more forgiving and just easier to hit. 

Interestingly the  designer of the amp cell pro is also the lead designer of that t series.

⛳🛄 as of Oct 5, 2024 (Past WITB
Driver:  :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ - check out the Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :titleist-small: GT2 with Graphite Design AD CQ shaft (still love my Cobra F7's)

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron                                

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,57 or :titleist-small: SM10 45,49,53,57 degree wedges

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png LINK! Full putter shootout incoming

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Golf Bag: Ghost Anyday 5.0 Golf bag - Maverick colorway with MGS Logo

Other: Vortex Anarch Rangefinder, searching for electric cart, Red Rooster The Root Glove and more

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Cobra amp cell pro is definitely up the for me. Have and will always love those irons. 

How on earth did I completely forget about those… must have been a trick question that I failed to understand. 😂

Driver: Callway Rogue St Triple Diamond 9*

2 HY: Mizuno STZ 230 16* (set to 13.75)

2 Iron: Taylormade UDI 17*

Irons: 2019 Titleist T100S 3-PW

Wedges: Vokey SM6 54* and SM9 48* / Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter: PING Anser 

Ball: Pro V1

Bag: Jones 

Wow,  I can narrow it to 4 best.

The 2 best blades I ever played Miura 1957 baby blades and the KZG ZO Blades.  I loved both of these clubs until my eyes started to lose focus. 

The 2 best cavity backs are hard to find, Mizuno MP 52 and the clubs still in my bag.  The KZG Forge III these are slightly oversized heads and easy for my old eyes to find the center.

Driver: Titleist TSR 3 10* Accura TZ6 M3 65g

Fairways: Callaway Rogue 15* & 19* Matrix Ozik TP 6 HD stiff  &

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 22.5* 7 Wood Mitsubishi MMT 70S 

Hybrid: Titleist TSI 5 Hybrids Mitsubishi Tensi AV 65 HY stiff   

Irons:  KZG Forged III 6-P Accura iS7 (Refinished and regrooved)

Wedges: Cleveland CBX  50*, Taylormade MG 3 Tiger grind 56 bent to 54/10 & Taylormade Hi-Toe 4  ATC 58/8

Putter: Custom Positive Putters P2 

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft with triple track                     

All clubs have Winn Dri-Tac Wraps oversized

Over the years, I played almost every brand of iron out there.  As a decent player I have a very hard time looking at offset hosels, so I guess I am a traditionalist.  I was fit and purchased a new set of irons 18 months ago.  I tried all the new clubs but went to the TM770s.  Traditional thin top line and small heads with a little benefits to the longer irons.  I just love the 4 iron where I use it for tight holes off the tee and from the FW.  BTW:  I did shaft them with Steelfiber shafts.    If I was to give any complaint I would say they are more difficult to turn when you want them to.

I would love to find a single 3 iron that I could shaft the same.  If anyone knows of one in good shape, please let me know.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

I play Ping 410'a right now but I absolutely love my Callaway Legacy Blacks.  They are almost too cool to hit.

Sim2 MaxD, Cobra F7 3W, Ping G400 5W, Ping G425 7W, Ping G410 5-UW, Volkey SM-9 54,58, Taylormade Spider Tour (this changes periodically)

That may or may not be good or bad.