Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

You totally are my gemini twin! I'm going to bake some cookies tonight, to hand out to the homeless in Vancouver tomorrow morning! Nice job on the gingerbread nativity scene! I'm impressed!

I'd love to be able to take the credit for this, but a friend of ours is the master behind this piece! Love your work though Nidine, gingerbread (actually anything ginger) is a favourite of mine. Actually, I had one of my home-brew ginger beers self-destruct in the kitchen this morning (yours truly accidentally left it out of the fridge when I got home last night). I was out but the explosion gave my wife a heck of a fright, and sent alcoholic gingery goodness to every corner of the kitchen and part of the living room... some good did come out of it though - gave me a good reason to get a late spring clean going ;)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at work brought in a Mulled Vodka concoction that he had stewed up. Quiet a nice drop.

Has anyone tried this?

-300g / 10.5 oz mixed dried fruit (sultanas, currants, raisins)

-75g / 3oz caster sugar

-2 cinnamon sticks

-2 tsp ground mixed spice

-6 cloves

- 1/2 whole nutmeg, finely grated

-1 orange, zest only, finely grated

-unwaxed lemon, zest only, finely grated

-750ml / 1 pint good quality vodka

1. mix the above ingredients together in large bowl

2. pour over the vodka and cover tightly with cling wrap

3.place in fridge and leave for 3 days, stir once a day

4.Line a sieve with double layer of fine muslin and place over a lrage clean jug

5.pour the dried fruit and vodka mix into the sieve and allow to drip through into the jug

6. por into a bottle and enjoy

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS?

1. No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2. There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear to) handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census)rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

4. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

5. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth. 6 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy Per second Each. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake.The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim)would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force. In conclusion -- If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.

AJ

P.S Don't let the kids read this!!

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS?

1. No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2. There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear to) handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census)rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding etc.

4. This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man- made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

5. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth. 6 353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION joules of energy Per second Each. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake.The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim)would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force. In conclusion -- If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.

AJ

You forgot the 1.21 jigowatts of electricity...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS?

AJ

Now this my kind of post. If I had not been so busy try to calculate first the zip line and then the Jello pool for Manbearpig, I probably would have spent time calculating this.:D

However, I would like to remind you, AJ, that before the invention of the steam engine, many people believed that traveling more that 30 mph was too much for the human body to take.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

You forgot the 1.21 jigowatts of electricity...

Damn and I'm and electrician as well. rolleyes.gif

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

I went from 28 putts on Monday and a 68 to 39 putts today and an 86. This is about what I did yesterday, and until the 16th hole today I had not hit two good shots on the same hole since Tuesday. I hit two great shots and has a 3 foot birdie putt on 16 and walked off with a bogey. Then on 18 I had a 4 footer for par, make it I loose 6 dollars, miss it, I loose $26. I had 12 putts in the last 4 holes and this was a knee knocker. I made the putt.

I am taking all my putters tomorrow morning and spending a few hours seeing which one works the best for now. It is amazing how that club can be hot and cold.

We were supposed to have a gathering at my sister's tonight, my mother's Monday, my sister's again Tuesday, and my other sister's next Saturday, but the wife was sick this morning and did not want to go, so after I plied her with cold medicine I went to the course.

Richard, did you ever ship that putter?

No, I've been gettin boxes together. I have a driver box however I'm gonna use it for Brad's stuff cuz I'm sendin him a driver. Madison's got a bag box(BarbaJo) & a smaller(putter) box that came in yesterday. I got piles of clubs all over my living room.

Don't worry Dude, I'm puttin a nice Scotty headcover on it, much nicer than the one that came with it(which I don't have anyways.lol).I'll e-mail ya a pic of it. No, you're gettin a much sweeter cover, though I wouldn't keep it on it if it's goin in the bag cuz I guess there's a great market for Scotty covers ;) .

I'll be gettin these out through the next 3-4 days, obviously not countin Christmas.

My Best,

Richard

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I was really more concerned about my seeming in ability to putt. After weeks of putting them in the hole I have gotten to a long dry spell. It makes me mad that I can see the line and can not keep the ball on it. Pulling one, pushing the next one. On my way right now to putt with all my putters. 2 hours before tee time. But I only have 3.

Someone at work brought in a Mulled Vodka concoction that he had stewed up. Quiet a nice drop.

Has anyone tried this?

-300g / 10.5 oz mixed dried fruit (sultanas, currants, raisins)

-75g / 3oz caster sugar

-2 cinnamon sticks

-2 tsp ground mixed spice

-6 cloves

- 1/2 whole nutmeg, finely grated

-1 orange, zest only, finely grated

-unwaxed lemon, zest only, finely grated

-750ml / 1 pint good quality vodka

1. mix the above ingredients together in large bowl

2. pour over the vodka and cover tightly with cling wrap

3.place in fridge and leave for 3 days, stir once a day

4.Line a sieve with double layer of fine muslin and place over a lrage clean jug

5.pour the dried fruit and vodka mix into the sieve and allow to drip through into the jug

6. por into a bottle and enjoy

AJ

May have to try this

IS THERE A SANTA CLAUS?

AJ

But that's the magic of Christmas! Besides I know Santa, he lives in Pittsburg, Pens ;)

I'd love to be able to take the credit for this, but a friend of ours is the master behind this piece! Love your work though Nidine, gingerbread (actually anything ginger) is a favourite of mine. Actually, I had one of my home-brew ginger beers self-destruct in the kitchen this morning (yours truly accidentally left it out of the fridge when I got home last night). I was out but the explosion gave my wife a heck of a fright, and sent alcoholic gingery goodness to every corner of the kitchen and part of the living room... some good did come out of it though - gave me a good reason to get a late spring clean going ;)

Whoops! That's hilarious... Your poor wife... But that's awesomely hilarious!

HaHa, Dude, you're outa the Jacobs School of pre-match clusterf*ck putter preparation.LMAO

That "one more putt" that I referred to in my Christmas post was the last mixed event that Madison & I played in this year. She came down to the practice green to get me before tee-off & I had 2 belly blades & three 35" putters & I was tryin to decide which one to go with.

She looks at me, doesn't say a word, turns & goes back up to the tee. I've been doin this for years(actually a couple of decades..lol) and I've played/putted just fine.

Well, I was putting fine & we were playing fine when I hadda 5' side hill left side of the hole, left to right slider on #16 for a bird. Well, I over read the break and my pace was wrong and it slid by on the left side, finishing about 12-18" behind & below the hole( at least I gave it a chance, lol). I mised.

Havin 5 putters on the practice green pre-round had nothin to do with it cause I've made a lot of those the same way. She doesn't see it that way. Anyway, as we finished, that woulda won it cuz we tied & lost a match of cards, finishing 2nd.

So Dude, I can relate. LOL

Keep on keepin on!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I was able to excise my demons and shot a 37 - 39 made some great putts same putter as yesterday.

She wouldn't take a pic......

And we are thankful for that...

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Dude, you rebound better than Dennis Rodman!!

That's the key, though. short memory!

Great job! :)

I took my meds at 5:00 so I can't think of the right word, but I'm vicariously(It's the best that I can come up with ;) ) living through your play(only when it's good though, cuz I'm definitely a fair weather fan..LOL) since there are variables outside of my control limiting my ability to play right now.

But Madison's comin over & so were gonna putt for dinner. I win, it's TGIFridays(my fave casual place), she wins, it's this Italian place. I don't really care one way or the other, it's just at the Italian place I gotta wear a sports jacket, and i'm in jeans, a wind shirt & turle neck, so trust me, I'm gonna putt my ass off cuz I don't wanna change!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Seriously though please tell me she's gonna eat Italian tonight :)

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Dude, you rebound better than Dennis Rodman!!

That's the key, though. short memory!

Great job! :)

I took my meds at 5:00 so I can't think of the right word, but I'm vicariously(It's the best that I can come up with ;) ) living through your play(only when it's good though, cuz I'm definitely a fair weather fan..LOL) since there are variables outside of my control limiting my ability to play right now.

But Madison's comin over & so were gonna putt for dinner. I win, it's TGIFridays(my fave casual place), she wins, it's this Italian place. I don't really care one way or the other, it's just at the Italian place I gotta wear a sports jacket, and i'm in jeans, a wind shirt & turle neck, so trust me, I'm gonna putt my ass off cuz I don't wanna change!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Just so you know, since you are living vicariously through me, but only when I play well, we have been wearing shorts and a golf shirt to play the last few days. I (we) had a Callaway wind vest on Friday, but no need for that today and yesterday. Tomorrow, should be a repeat of today, but with less wind. I (we) would have scored much better today with out the wind. 18 mph. On 15, I (we) hit a great driver and followed with an awesome 3 wood and was 20 yards short of the green. This is a 420 yard par 4. I still had a 4 foot putt for par but it lipped out and I (we) made bogey. But I (we)really got luck on 11 because the wind blew my (our) ball OB twice on that hole, and it hit trees and bounced back in. Once again I (we) missed the par putt but it was still a good putt that just did not drop.

I am putting the finishing touches on a post for the Christmas thread I hope you all enjoy.

Yep Dude, we did good today! But Bro, I gotta tell ya that the bounce(s) on #11 are all you cuz I couldn't get that kinda luck if I cheated. LOL

Man, the weather is what's makin me wince. It's mid-high 20's with a wicked wind.

Those are some great bounces though. Ya make your own breaks! I'm not ride on those coattails :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Well, it is very hard to complain about the weather when it is two days before Christmas and you are wearing shorts and playing golf. I must admit, that I (we) were 1 under in the center of the fairway on 8 in perfect position when I (we) started playing like I had never hit the ball before and bogied 8 - 12 before I got it back under control.

I realized that I have been thinking about how to hit the ball and how to make a putt. I am therefore getting in my own way to play well. Just hit the ball, go find it and hit it again and I can score better.

Seriously though please tell me she's gonna eat Italian tonight :)

She is probably happy to not have to go to McDonald's. Apparently, Richard's idea of going to eat where all the vehicles in the parking lot are $80K or more is the truck stop.

What I've suspected for awhile was proven today. Pro Combo's have to sharp of an edge on a narrow sole to use when conditions are soft. Thank fishcake it was a good driving and chipping day because the irons sucked nunchuks.

Damn you Tour striker. Before using you, I could pick the ball clean off anything. Now it's all about compressing the ball which does not work in these conditions.

I think I might get some Egg irons.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

It's Madison. We're eating Italian! Richard's upstair's changing and getting his sports coat.lol

BTW, he knows that I'm posting this, HaHa Rick, your Christmas post is amazing!! I don't think that Richard has seen it but I know that he'll love it, especially since you mentioned him.LOL And Nidine, I love the hat!! I'm definitely gonna look for it for Richard. He would look great in that on patrol! lol

Also, our last tournament that Richard mentioned missing that putt? I missed three putts the day of 3', 4' and 6'. I'm kinda surprised that he brought that up because he took that putt very hard. I'm a professional, and if I would've made one of those three putts, we win, but if you ever would ask Richard, the only thing in his mind is that he missed that putt. I don't even know if he would remember that I missed those three putts because that's how he is wired, and it would never occur to him that someone other than him was responsible. That' one of the things that attracted me to him.

Thanks. I am practicing my harp since I have been nominated for Bard.

Richard is like me. It did not matter that you missed three putts. He missed one that mattered. Like Friday, I played horribly, if I played well, we may have won. Never mind that we had a 4 man team and counted the top 3 balls. If I would have played better we would have done better, period. Today, I played well. We won the team bet but lost the individual bet. I made my quota and had the lowest score but one of the higher handicaps played awesome and beat his quota by more than me. While I could have done better, I am not too upset because I did not miss any easy putts. If our team would have lost today, who cares. Once again, you can not control what others do, just yourself.

The reason we play golf, those of us that are not professionals, is because we want to never miss the easy ones. IF we accidentally have a day like I had Monday where we do not miss the easy ones, than we go back out the next day to try again.

Enjoy dinner at the truck stop. Or should I say, servizio per camion. (Italian Truck Stop.)

Dude, this is hilarious!!

Seriously, Madison musta missed this cuz she woulda definitely mentioned it. I LMAO :lol: !!

She's asleep but I'll let her see it in the morning.

Bro, for an engineer, you've gotta hell of a sense of humor(my dad's two brothers are engineers, and man they're great guys, but they're as dry as a desert bed)!

The Christmas poem, this post, Dude you've got a lot goin on in the right side!

:)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks, I am glad you thought it was funny. I have learned to play Jingle Bells on the Lute tonight.

Lute

• The bardic lute was typically a two-string instrument with a long neck. One string carried the melody, while the other string was the drone. The lute had a pear-shaped body with a fretted fingerboard and a crooked neck. It was one of the earliest stringed instruments and seems to have been common in many cultures.

• SPY VIP

Yer obviously referring to the bad rep comment. What bad rep, the fact that we're brutally honest about the golf industry around here?

Look at this thread for instance. I use it when I promote the site to friends to show them the character of the community. It's like hey not only is there first rate conversations but we're talking golf too.

Where else can you have an 80 page thread that started off an add about old ladies wanting young bucks, and then there's tons of high class golf talk too? Not to mention we let guys like Rick hang around too :P

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Archived