Hi There From South Africa

Hi Everybody

I am a 31 year old from Pretoria in South Africa and have rekindled a golf obsession after a four year hiatus (marriage, building a house and having a baby leaves little free time).

I rebuilt a set from scratch and most of it was built up on advice from this site.

I love the honest and often surprising reviews from the blog and really hope to find more of the same from the community section.

I do not get to play half as often as I like, but regard myself as lucky to have the opportunity to play the one or two rounds per month that I do. Anyone following the political and economic developments in South Africa would understand why golf is a serious privilege in our country.

I love to learn new things and like to help where I can. I tend to lend ideas, but am not an expert in any sense of the word when it comes to golf and or equipment. I might tell you what worked (or did not) for me, but promise never to tell you to do the same to fix your game.

Feel free to give me a shout if you ever find yourself in beautiful South Africa, would love to share a round with new people!

•  Cobra Fly Z 10.5 deg Stiff
  •  Cobra Fly Z 18.5 deg Stiff
  •  Cleveland Launcher 25 deg (Frankenstein Aldila NVS tipped to shorten and stiffen)
  •  Cobra King F6 Irons Stiff 4-PW+GW+SW
  •  Cleveland RTX 58
  •  Ping Ketsch

Welcome from Washington State!  Glad you joined up.  We always love to hear the perspective of members around the world.

The forum community is a great bunch of people.  I think you will like it here.  We all love to talk about what we buy, why we buy it, what are problems are, and what we are doing to fix them.  Advice is given when asked, but since it is person-specific and no one can see or understand another's swing, it is taken in the spirit of good fellowship.  Please jump in and contribute your thoughts, as they are always welcome.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome and beautiful profile picture. I went through the same thing in my late 20's, just married, starting a family, Fairfield county CT not being public golf friendly. I think all of that happens to any of us with balanced lives to some extent until retirement.

Here's the great thing, the kids will get old enough to want to play with Dad!

Driver: Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  R flex   - 44.25 

Fairways:  Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta CB red 65 R flex

Hybrid:  Ping G410  26 degree  Alta CB Red 70 R flex 

Irons: Ping G430  7-PW, 45, 50 Alta CB black 65 soft R flex 

Wedges:  Ping 195 S54, E58

Wedges and irons are - 1/2” and one degree flat 

Putter: Sacks Parente Duke 32.5”

Ball: Titleist Pro VI or Callaway Chrome Soft X ls

While not at the same time I was fit for every club in my bag as well as the Pro VI ball. I use the chrome soft x ls on my league course.  It has much softer softer greens than the club that I belong to. 

I’m on a mission to shoot my age - lifetime lowest round is 66 and I’m currently 67. 

Welcome to MSG

@bigtazzGOLF on Twitter

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Archived