Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

On 7/4/2024 at 12:59 PM, PhilM75072 said:

Yes. Blame Shot Scope for your stupidity! There is no other way to put it. Unbelievable!

I blame them for a poorly designed product. 

In FL we do get these things called rain showers and I do not believe this product could survive any rain storm.

13 minutes ago, TheJones said:

In FL we do get these things called rain showers and I do not believe this product could survive any rain storm.

I do give you credit for admitting to them, you took a shower with it on. The touch screen, as had been documented and discussed many times on their Facebook page, doesn't work all that well in rain as most touch screens have that problem, but I'm not sure if I would take any watch, much less an electronic one into a shower without first checking if it is waterproof. Would you take your smartphone into the shower with you?

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

2 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

I do give you credit for admitting to them, you took a shower with it on. The touch screen, as had been documented and discussed many times on their Facebook page, doesn't work all that well in rain as most touch screens have that problem, but I'm not sure if I would take any watch, much less an electronic one into a shower without first checking if it is waterproof. Would you take your smartphone into the shower with you?

Would I take my phone into shower? Not likely since it is not strapped to my wrist & easily forgotten to be wearing.

It would survive a quick shower - It has been rained on & no issues.

Hopefully this will help someone, if it starts raining on the course - remove your V5 & put it in a waterproof bag so it doesn't get a drop of water on it 🙂

21 minutes ago, TheJones said:

Would I take my phone into shower? Not likely since it is not strapped to my wrist & easily forgotten to be wearing.

It would survive a quick shower - It has been rained on & no issues.

Hopefully this will help someone, if it starts raining on the course - remove your V5 & put it in a waterproof bag so it doesn't get a drop of water on it 🙂

Plenty of people, especially in the U.K., have played with the X5 in the rain. The only issue has been the responsiveness of the touch screen and many have solved that issue, reportedly, by using a screen protector. No need to stop using the V5 in the rain, which doesn't even have a touch screen!

1 hour ago, TheJones said:

OK, how about the Apple Watch? Would you take that into a shower? It isn't waterproof either and is from a much larger company with far greater assets able to design and manufacture a device that, like the Shot Scope watches, SHOULD be waterproof, but isn't.

5 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

OK, how about the Apple Watch? Would you take that into a shower? It isn't waterproof either and is from a much larger company with far greater assets able to design and manufacture a device that, like the Shot Scope watches, SHOULD be waterproof, but isn't.

Apple Watch Series 2 and newer may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean.

Last comment on this - I do not expect it to be waterproof - taking a 3min shower is not even water resistant

I honestly will not trust it even in a minimal rain shower - YMMV

9 hours ago, TheJones said:

I live just south of Tampa Bay and have been caught a downpour - generally I try to keep myself somewhat dry along with my clubs. Knock on wood, my X5 (2 yrs experience) and my previous V3 (2 yrs as well) have always been cooperative and worked during and after these storms. On the other hand, I've never worn nor plan to wear anything when I take a shower, including my X5 - so can't comment on its 'shower capability'. 

I consider Shotscope a customer focused organization that is responsive and has always stood behind its products.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Posted (edited)

Anyone ever have this issue: the X5 (or any other device) register the wrong club? This has (only) happened a couple of times over the last doz. rounds or so and didn't notice it until I reviewed the round to sign off. Example: I hit a 26* hybrid off the tee on a long par 3 yesterday, but when I reviewed the hole, it showed that I used a 7i. Subsequently I reviewed "my bag" and also went through all of the clubs and checked them against the 'tag' feature on the X5 - both were all good. Not a big issue with me since it only happed a couple of times but just curious. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Anyone ever have this issue: the X5 (or any other device) register the wrong club? This has (only) happened a couple of times over the last doz. rounds or so and didn't notice it until I reviewed the round to sign off. Example: I hit a 26* hybrid off the tee on a long par 3 yesterday, but when I reviewed the hole, it showed that I used a 7i. Subsequently I reviewed "my bag" and also went through all of the clubs and checked them against the 'tag' feature on the X5 - both were all good. Not a big issue with me since it only happed a couple of times but just curious. 

I just last weekend got a garmin s70 but over the last 2 weeks my x5 picked up that I hit my 60 degree wedge when I don’t even have my 60 in the bag anymore. This happens several times.

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, PXG 0311 P Gen 7 irons (4-GW), 54&58 degree Sub70 246 wedges, Tommy Armour #2 wide blade putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I played a small round yesterday with the V5 and wanted to sync it this morning with my Android phone (as many times before). The phone connected to the watch and the sync process went through, but then stayed in the "uploading" state for a long time. Finally, I got a message telling me that something went wrong and that I should contact ShotScope customer support. I did that, but no response so far (no idea what they can do at this point...). 

I checked again the watch after this, and the play history is empty there. Also, the phone-app does not have that round stored. So it looks like it was completely lost. From a software development perspective, I expected a bit more error-prone handling of the whole sync/upload task. Deleting from the phone might be ok, whenever the round has been transferred without any errors to the app. The next step should be keeping it there until a successful upload could be made. I have no idea how the round got lost in my scenario exactly, but that for sure could have been avoided by keeping the data on the watch and/or phone until a final confirmation of successful upload made it back to the app. 

Has anyone else experienced something like that? 

BTW: My round was pretty bad this time around, so I don't really mind this time. But still, this should not happen. 

---

11 minutes ago, ToastedSoul said:

I played a small round yesterday with the V5 and wanted to sync it this morning with my Android phone (as many times before). The phone connected to the watch and the sync process went through, but then stayed in the "uploading" state for a long time. Finally, I got a message telling me that something went wrong and that I should contact ShotScope customer support. I did that, but no response so far (no idea what they can do at this point...). 

I checked again the watch after this, and the play history is empty there. Also, the phone-app does not have that round stored. So it looks like it was completely lost. From a software development perspective, I expected a bit more error-prone handling of the whole sync/upload task. Deleting from the phone might be ok, whenever the round has been transferred without any errors to the app. The next step should be keeping it there until a successful upload could be made. I have no idea how the round got lost in my scenario exactly, but that for sure could have been avoided by keeping the data on the watch and/or phone until a final confirmation of successful upload made it back to the app. 

Has anyone else experienced something like that? 

BTW: My round was pretty bad this time around, so I don't really mind this time. But still, this should not happen. 

I had one occurrence earlier this year where it got hung up in edit mode (iPhone app). Support said to sign out of the app, delete it, reinstall and sign back in. The round came up, showed it was in edit mode, but I was able to finish and sign off. Hasn't happened since then. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I had one occurrence earlier this year where it got hung up in edit mode (iPhone app). Support said to sign out of the app, delete it, reinstall and sign back in. The round came up, showed it was in edit mode, but I was able to finish and sign off. Hasn't happened since then. 

Let's see, maybe I will try that just for fun. Thanks.

---

10 minutes ago, ToastedSoul said:

It's probably their version of pc Ctl-Alt-Del 🙂

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, ToastedSoul said:

but no response so far

Keep in mind there is a significant time difference as Shot Scope is located in Scotland.

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

The only time my X5 has switched clubs on me has probably been due to GPS inaccuracy, or me not taking a practice swing and the shot not being sensed. It then moved me to a tee box farther back and selected a club that, I guess based on my performance stats, would have placed my ball where it was for my next shot, if that makes sense.

3 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

The only time my X5 has switched clubs on me has probably been due to GPS inaccuracy, or me not taking a practice swing and the shot not being sensed. It then moved me to a tee box farther back and selected a club that, I guess based on my performance stats, would have placed my ball where it was for my next shot, if that makes sense.

I was wondering if that was the case. On this par 3 I normally use a 7i but decided to go with a 26* hybrid because of wind. Perhaps it didn't pick up the tag on my 26* and substituted the 7i based on PAVG? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/9/2024 at 3:08 PM, ToastedSoul said:

I did not have to try that. 

ShotScope support came back to me with a reply that they could recover the session:

I have now reprocessed this round for you and should show in your account now. You can now edit and sign off this round if you wish.

Sorry about any inconvenience this has caused.

I'm glad that this was possible, so I can still trust the product/service works as expected and don't have to be afraid that syncing rounds is dependent on luck. 

---

Friday's 18 had only 1 edit however, it was the same issue I posted about earlier this past week - wrong club picked up. You can see the wrong club on this par 3 - a 5 wood, and in the second pic I corrected it to the 26* hybrid. I generally just match my scorecard to the app - but this time I decided to go into the 'club' performance feature and spotted the 5 wood distance as out of the norm - it's typically 165 yds.  I sent SS support a note with the pictures but I'm sure I won't hear back til Monday pm my time. I could reinstall the latest firmware but will wait for their response.

Note: the other issue I have on several holes is that the par rating is off even though the yardages are correct - in this case the watch and the app show it as a par 4 when it's a par 3. That's less of an issue and btw it's the same with my V3 which I'll use on occasion  - when I forget to charge my X5. 

IMG_0013.jpg.a0ba67ce83a4c51b12bf5715e21e3bd2.jpg

IMG_0014.PNG.692b6a0e2ee6e6c56e24352a29578ea7.PNG

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

You can see the wrong club on this par 3 - a 5 wood, and in the second pic I corrected it to the 26* hybrid.

You also moved the location of the shot. Looks like a mapping issue to me. If where you teed off from wasn't mapped as a tee box, it will place you typically at the tips, which is where it appears the 5W was placed.

45 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

You also moved the location of the shot. Looks like a mapping issue to me. If where you teed off from wasn't mapped as a tee box, it will place you typically at the tips, which is where it appears the 5W was placed.

Correct - I not only edited for the correct club but also from the correct tee box.  My PAVG distance for my 5 wood is 168 yds, so if it automatically inserts the club for that distance, I don't think that's the answer since it was 197 yds vs. my PAVG of 168 yds.  We'll see what SS support says. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

On 7/14/2024 at 1:54 PM, PhilM75072 said:

Phil, it ended up being a combination of issues. The X5 didn't pick up my drive (23* hybrid) from the repositioned tee box and there were mapping issues with the course. SS support promised to remap the course within 48 hours. Given my past history with SS support it'll probably be done ahead of time. One question remains is why it substituted the 5 wood for either a 3 wood or driver is still unknown but not a deal breaker for me. 

Edited by tony@CIC

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

21 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Phil, it ended up being a combination of issues. The X5 didn't pick up my drive (23* hybrid) from the repositioned tee box and there were mapping issues with the course. SS support promised to remap the course within 48 hours. Given my past history with SS support it'll probably be done ahead of time. One question remains is why it substituted the 5 wood for either a 3 wood or driver is still unknown but not a deal breaker for me. 

Yeah, when a tee shot gets moved to another tee box because it wasn't sensed for some reason or there is a mapping issue, I have no idea how a substitute cub is chosen. 

1 hour ago, PhilM75072 said:

Yeah, when a tee shot gets moved to another tee box because it wasn't sensed for some reason or there is a mapping issue, I have no idea how a substitute cub is chosen. 

Somewhat related to the mapping is an issue with the watch: on a number of holes, it shows the wrong par designation even though the yardages are the same. So, on some holes a par 3 may show up as a par 4 or a par 5 may show up as a par 4. Again, not a big issue since the yardages and distances to bunkers, etc are correct. However, I am going to have to wait until I play all 3 nines to give them accurate info. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

35 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Somewhat related to the mapping is an issue with the watch: on a number of holes, it shows the wrong par designation even though the yardages are the same. So, on some holes a par 3 may show up as a par 4 or a par 5 may show up as a par 4. Again, not a big issue since the yardages and distances to bunkers, etc are correct. However, I am going to have to wait until I play all 3 nines to give them accurate info. 

When you edit the round, is the par for each hole correct? Is it just the watch that is off?

16 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

When you edit the round, is the par for each hole correct? Is it just the watch that is off?

Yes - that's why it's not that big a deal, since yardages and editing in the app are correct, but my wife finds it confusing especially since she doesn't play those courses often. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

Yes - that's why it's not that big a deal, since yardages and editing in the app are correct, but my wife finds it confusing especially since she doesn't play those courses often. 

So is it just that the par for certain holes is wrong from the women's tees? Is that set of tees selectable after synching with the satellites?

Nope, the par rating is off for all tees on a particular hole. Note: I have sync'd the updates in the past as well. Hopefully the remapping takes care of it. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I had the aarcos with my phone and found too many missed shots. The "confirmed" ransaction , chime and vibration, for shot scope works better in that regard. That being said, I used the shot scope with my phone and made the mistake of putting the app in power saver mode. The screen went dark after 1/2 a second, making it all but impossible to switch from map to shot tracking mode. I'll try again next round with that feature off. There's a bit of a learning curve with the SS remembering to tap your clubs every shot, but the RFID connection works well once you get into the habit.

Also like no subscription and battery concerns.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from nearly 3 weeks away and unable to play golf, so I turned on my X5 to check for course updates & charge the watch. I was surprised with a firmware update, ver 2.2.0. Anyone have any info on it??

Edited by MIGregB

:callaway-small: Paradym AI Smoke 🔹🔹🔹w/ :projectx: HZRDUS GEN 4 Silver 60 Graphite 6.0 or  :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 4-PW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM10 52.12F, SM10 56.14F & SM10 60.12D wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

On 7/4/2024 at 7:27 PM, Preeway said:

So, managed to finally lose my putter tag after a few months. I've been worried about this happening even though I'm using Gorilla brand double sided tape. I sent a message to customer support explaining my situation and with a SuperStroke putter grip this was going to be an ongoing challenge. I tried playing a round manually tagging my first putt and setting the pin but after 14 holes I gave up. It was just too time consuming and was interfering with the pace of play in our group. I told customer service that I really didn't want to quit using their product but as a Connex user I couldn't just buy a set of three putter tags. And I'm definitely not going to continue using the tags without a putter tag. I spent almost 45 minutes editing my round from Wednesday just to add putts and move the pins around. Customer service responded today, July 4th, to tell me they would send me a new tag free of charge. So, a huge win for Shot Scope and this user. But honestly, I'd really rather they just offer a pack of tags that are compatible with Connex. I'd gladly pay $30 for a few more. I'm just not going to drop another $100 for a full set of tags just to get the one I need. So, yay for prompt service and support but still waiting to see if they decide to offer Connex replacement tags.

It’s not a perfect solution but I use this oversized grip attachment from BlastMotion on my SuperStroke putter grip

IMG_6765.jpeg

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black