Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What should I add to my bag?

Koho1985

Useful items in the bag are determined by a lot of factors.

For example, how friendly are the girls on the beverage carts?

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

5 minutes ago, Koho1985 said:

Right now I have the following in my bag:

10.5 Driver, 17 3 W, 3H 4H 5-9i PW 56W

what should I add? I’m thinking another wedge and possibly another long club just unsure what makes most sense?

First thought based on that list is putter.  

serious answer is we can answer that without more information.  The clubs on your bag are there to hit specific distances.  It could be possible that you need fewer clubs based on gapping.   Give us a list with carry distances for each club and how well you cover distances that are less than your 56 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

First thought based on that list is putter.  

serious answer is we can answer that without more information.  The clubs on your bag are there to hit specific distances.  It could be possible that you need fewer clubs based on gapping.   Give us a list with carry distances for each club and how well you cover distances that are less than your 56 

This. Definitely need more info on gapping to start. There are a lot of other factors that determine what clubs go in the bag😁

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

3 hours ago, Tyler86 said:

Im with @cnosil. Having a putter is a HUGE benefit! @Koho1985 between D and Pu what yardages do you struggle to hit greens? Also, you dont have to have 14 clubs. 

What? You guys don't use your 56° and thin it for putts??? Definitely missing out on the thrill of nailing s 50 footer that way... or a 3 footer for that matter. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

4 hours ago, MNUte said:

What? You guys don't use your 56° and thin it for putts??? Definitely missing out on the thrill of nailing s 50 footer that way... or a 3 footer for that matter. 

Love the belly wedge thing---- I have been doing that for years--- Learned that trick years ago putting in Money matches on our old Par 3 course---- I can also putt with a 5 iron-- Played a lot of 1 club games back in the day with the 5 iron. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

4 hours ago, MNUte said:

Love the belly wedge thing---- I have been doing that for years--- Learned that trick years ago putting in Money matches on our old Par 3 course---- I can also putt with a 5 iron-- Played a lot of 1 club games back in the day with the 5 iron. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Adding to my bag isn't the problem.

The stuffed shirts at the USGA stipulate a fourteen club maximum.

If you like dedicated putter wells, the cleanest layout for a forward-facing cart bag is

3--4--4--3--putter well.   That's fifteen, one more than the USGA considers kosher.

Depending on your point of view, let's go with the fifteen, just to be mischievous, truculent old men.

Getting down to fifteen isn't easy with me.

With my bare minimum skill level, I need a club for every type of shot just to have a fighting chance.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball

So which clubs do you hit well and which do you struggle with. I used to carry 1 or 2 irons, now I have a hybrid. Much easier to hit consistently.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

I've got a spot for a 14th club, but I think I'm just going to leave it empty for a while.  The "gap" in my bag is a 230 yd club, but honestly.... That isn't a shot I ever really hit (or hit well).  Thus, it remains empty for now.

Gapping is really the key to golf, it takes a lot of the guess work out of golf if you know your gaps

Driver:  Ping 425LST 9*  (Aldila Rouge White 130) 

3 Wood: Sub70 Pro (13) (HZRDS Black 60)

3U: Sub70 (19.5) (True Temper Project X U) 

Irons: Sub70 699 Pro (5-Gap) (Dynamic Gold S300)

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54 and 58 (10S)  (Project X)

Putter: Some old green Nike Blade

seems the gap between wedge and the 56* may be really big but we don't know for sure.  I'd start there

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft