Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

What happens after impact?

What happens after impact? How does the body contort into the finish? What mechanisms drive the right lateral bend back into left lateral bend? What is the hand path, and what are the optimal wrist conditions, and why does nobody discuss any of this in any depth?

🏌️‍♂️🐒

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Who cares!?!  The ball is gone.  Just don't fall down... gets those white pants dirty.  🤣

Pretty much this. What happens after impact is... the ball is in the air. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Altho I do agree ball is gone so it shouldn't matter. If you are thinking about a certain finish or factor to get your body/hands in a certain position for the finish would it then effect the swing prior to impact? I know that kinda defeats the purpose of the question being asked, but I could see circumstances where the ability to finish in a certain position or have the hands or body be in a position when the swing is completed can have a ripple effect through the swing which would then impact how you impact (don't like that english) the ball. So I guess maybe that is why it isn't discussed as much? Because it would be better to just focus on impact/setup and let the body do what it does after impact because those are the factors that matter more?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The finish is the result of what went on in the swing. Make sure you are swinging to the finish with the body pointing at the target. Don't worry about the technical stuff.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

10 hours ago, Zach927 said:

What happens after impact? How does the body contort into the finish? What mechanisms drive the right lateral bend back into left lateral bend? What is the hand path, and what are the optimal wrist conditions, and why does nobody discuss any of this in any depth?

You definitely seem to be overanalyzing, but if you want to delve into that detail I would suggest you look at Athletic Motion Golf videos on YouTube.  They have a gears systems and show/explain that detail.  As others have said most of the time you will see that post impact is the result of everything done prior to impact.  

https://www.youtube.com/c/AthleticMotionGolf

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Only thing a person can control is setup, takeaway and backswing. There’s no time to think and do anything from around lead arm parallel to impact. The swing is 1/2 over at this point. You have just over .25 seconds from here to impact.

Monte Scheinblum and Athletic motion golf cover this in videos. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

10 hours ago, Zach927 said:

I happen to watch the GC on demand this morning with Brittany Lincicome and Martin Hall. While the theme wasn't focused on what you're asking, Martin did point out the finish and specifically the difference between her wedge and the driver, and the graphics did illustrate the difference in her wrist between the two clubs. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I tell myself K.I.S.S. with the swing.....backswing back to target and finish chest to target.

Bag: Sub 70 Cart Series bag

Driver: Ping G425 LST 9 deg (set to 7.5 deg/"big minus") Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 55g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg (Set to 13.5 deg) Mitsubishi C6 Blue Stiff 65g Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Hybrid: 19 deg (Set to 18) deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip JumboMax Ultralite (=std grip Jumbo size)

Irons: 5-GW Irons Cobra Forged Tec X KBS Tour Lite Regular -0.25" Grip JumboMax (=std grip Jumbo size)

Wedges: 50-07 S-grind, 54-08 D-grind and 58-12 deg D-grind Mizuno T22 Denim Copper Grip Golf Pride Z-Grip

Putter:  Cobra King 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter 41"

Game Ball: Maxfli TourX CG