The 3M Open

fixyurdivot

The tour now moves to the The 3M Open in Blaine, MN, TPC Twin Cities.  No big surprise that the field is a bit paltry following the long 2+ week stint most of the top players put in between the Scottish Open and Open Championship events.  But that by no means will change the level of competition and quality golf.  In fact, it's sometimes fun to watch the mid-pack players battle it out with significantly improved odds of hoisting hardware. Cameron Champ returns to defend his title from last year.  But I'm going with Rickie this week... finally breaking through after the exceedingly long and rather surprising drought.  And my pick has absolutely nothing to do with my FTx team 😉.

Don't forget to make your pick for this weeks winner https://runmypools.com/JRMPNWWF.  Good luck!

3M Open

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

A great opportunity to see some good golf. You nailed it about the mid pack players battling it out too. Lot to gain for those players that are  not normally towards the top of a leaderboard week in and week out. 

Edited by ParFore74x
Spelling

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black Official Tester Review

:BagBoy: Nitron push cart Unofficial review  

I dont see Davis Riley on the pick sheet, has he WD from the tournament?

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

On 7/18/2022 at 9:38 AM, DeBartola_B said:

I dont see Davis Riley on the pick sheet, has he WD from the tournament?

Gosh, I hope not as he's on my FTx roster. 😬  He is still showing on the embedded link. But to be honest, with all the churn in recent months, it wouldn't surprise me... pass the Tylenol.

Riley isn’t the only player in the field that isn’t available to pick. Joohyung Kim isn’t there either. Or I couldn’t find him. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   :titleist-small: GT2 with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Apex TiFusion 4-PW 2* flat with PX Hazrdus Gen4 Silver 75s

Wedges:    JP Camber 48 & 55 shaft TBD

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

I saw some of the participants include a player who hasn't made a cut in 8 years, and most thought was dead, and a former professional tennis player. 

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Are you guys talking about the "run my pools" link?

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Are you guys talking about the "run my pools" link?

Yes I was

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS 9* Silver Rouge 110 msi 70 X

3W -Titleist TSR2 15* TENSEI 1K Black 75

5W - Cobra LTDx 18.5* TENSEI 1K Black 75

Irons - 4-PW Cobra LTDx Nippon Tour 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - 52*, 56*, 60* Cobra KING

Putter - Toulon Palm Springs

Ball - Taylormade TP5x

26 minutes ago, DeBartola_B said:

Yes I was

Oh, that explains it and why I didn't notice him missing.  I never pick my FTx squad.  First, it's bad karma and, second, my team sucks 🤣.

Did anyone happen to catch the Jeff Overton storyline on TGC?  I had not heard that he contracted a spinal infection and spent over a month in the hospital. He just recently was able to play rounds and had just arrived on location for a KF Tour event when the tour called him and offered a spot at the 3M.  He was quite emotional in describing his ailment and long road back to recovery.  Jeff Overton's return to the PGA Tour a welcome moment for 3M Open - StarTribune.com

With all the tour churn and $h** sandwiches we've been digesting in recent months, it's worth us stepping back from the hardline positions and feelings, and keeping perspective on really important aspects of life happenings.  We can certainly use lots more good news stories.

My new pick this week is Jeff Overton... go low Jeff 👏.

Well, Davis Riley is there... but left his game in the trunk. 😏 The course with some help from the wind are playing tough with the field scoring average just above par. The wind drops today and that should help scoring.

Some good golf to watch so far today. Grillo played well today. I hope Rickie makes it to the weekend…

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 wood

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with :kbs: Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:callaway-small: JAWS Raw (50/54/58 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

Kirkland V3 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Am I the only one who thinks Finau is playing with a junior set of clubs? Perhaps it's just the way he sets up and draws his hands so close but the irons look oddly short to me.  That said, they work 🙂.

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Am I the only one who thinks Finau is playing with a junior set of clubs? Perhaps it's just the way he sets up and draws his hands so close but the irons look oddly short to me.  That said, they work 🙂.

I think Keegan looks the same but yes,  the clubs looks short.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Scott Piercy having an "out of body" tournament.  He never showed this level of play while on my FTx team.  Most of the time, I was trying to determine whether he was actually awake on the course 😆.

Wow, don't blink... what a switch-up on the leaderboard!  I don't have coverage and have been watching the Evian instead (congratulations to Brooke Henderson BTW!!).  So surprised that Piercy could not hang onto that healthy lead.  But, that just goes to show how hard it is to maintain momentum over 4 rounds (RU listening LIV?)  So, barring an eagle, eagle finish by Grillo...

Congratulations Tony Finau!!!

On 7/24/2022 at 5:50 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Wow, don't blink... what a switch-up on the leaderboard!  I don't have coverage and have been watching the Evian instead (congratulations to Brooke Henderson BTW!!).  So surprised that Piercy could not hang onto that healthy lead.  But, that just goes to show how hard it is to maintain momentum over 4 rounds (RU listening LIV?)  So, barring an eagle, eagle finish by Grillo...

Congratulations Tony Finau!!!

Not just 4 rounds, but also the pressure of playing in the final group, having a clubhouse leader, starting on hole 1, etc. 

I honestly hope LIV isn't listening as I feel their product is fairly average and would prefer to watch the drama unfold of a dead LIV tour and a handful of professionals who are no longer welcome to play on the PGA tour. 

7 hours ago, wely324 said:

Not just 4 rounds, but also the pressure of playing in the final group, having a clubhouse leader, starting on hole 1, etc. 

I honestly hope LIV isn't listening as I feel their product is fairly average and would prefer to watch the drama unfold of a dead LIV tour and a handful of professionals who are no longer welcome to play on the PGA tour. 

Well, if LIV survives the start-up period, and they get another healthy handful of top 50 players, I fully expect the format will change.  It's likely they would move to a Champions Tour format; still a reduced schedule but one that meets OWGR requirements. It will be the "Pre-Retirement Tour".

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Well, if LIV survives the start-up period, and they get another healthy handful of top 50 players, I fully expect the format will change.  It's likely they would move to a Champions Tour format; still a reduced schedule but one that meets OWGR requirements. It will be the "Pre-Retirement Tour".

I definitely feel they are going to survive for some time, but from what I have seen from the players and caddies is that the 48 player format is not changing anytime soon. Kevin Na's caddie, Kenny Harms, was adamant that there would be no more than 48 players in a field, and they have guys in the bullpen if someone drops out/gets hurt.  Obviously they can change their mind, just like all the players who changed their mind on signing a contract to play once money is thrown in their face.

Nothing against LIV specific or the players that go, but pledging your allegiance to something and then selling out by using your original stance as bait to lure in the big fish and to tear down the tour that got you to where you are is just wrong. Money is money and if thats what is most important to certain players then thats ok, but I feel some are realizing their bank accounts got bigger, with the same lifestyle they had before, the same number of tournaments they were playing in the past (but they said they wanted to play less), but not the tour they want to play on. 

Henrik Stenson should be banned from any professional tour. The way he went about accepting his ryder cup captaincy, pledging he wouldn't go to LIV if he was the captain, and then signs a contract and acts like he wants/can do both and act like "why can't I do both???" Doing both is not an option, the players know this, Henrik knew this before he accepted his captaincy, and to go and do that to the european ryder cup team, basically one of the main accomplishments in his career just below being a major champion, is just plain sad. 

I think the only player on LIV who i respect at this point is Phil Mickelson. 

2 hours ago, MacTourney said:

What was up with Piercy's shoe in round 3,  was he breaking in a new pair and got blisters, were they Footjoy?  What was the remedy?

blister from previous days new shoes    https://golfweek.usatoday.com/lists/3m-open-third-round-scott-piercy-emiliano-grillo-tony-finau/

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG