:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Yep, LIV golf strikes again.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 001 F (mesh), Payntr X 005 F, Ecco Biom C4

I don’t think it’s anything like that. Tiger has had his own off course golf entertainment venue (think top golf) in the works for a couple years.  I think these events will be a way to showcase that as opposed to made for TV 18 hit and giggle things they have done the past couple years. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don’t think it’s anything like that. Tiger has had his own off course golf entertainment venue (think top golf) in the works for a couple years.  I think these events will be a way to showcase that as opposed to made for TV 18 hit and giggle things they have done the past couple years. 

Yeah I know the article you referenced mentioned this as a way to combat LIV, another article I read earlier today but can’t remember who it was from said this has been in the works for over a year. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Further fracturing of professional tour golf as most of us have grown up with.  Tiger, like Phil, has voiced his beef's with the current PGA model, players rights, and profit sharing (yes, I know, they are a "non-profit").  Norman and Mickelson set out to change "the traditional model" and they look to be doing just that.  I've stated this in the LIV Central thread that I find the whole thing both fascinating and irritating.  Fascinating to watch unfold, and irritating that yet another sport I like to watch is being ruined for the love of money.  There could be a point for me that tour golf follows the NBA, NFL, and MLB with respect to viewing interest.  I hope not, but the current trajectory isn't looking good.

I have hard time seeing how this proposed format, what sounds like an anemic version of LIV, will help the game of golf. Further enrich a relatively small group of players, sure, but I can't help but think the tours journeymen, mid pack players, who arguably are what makes the tour work, will be excited about it.  

More pro golf theatre headed our way.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

17 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

On further reading, you're probably right. I mixed this up with what I thought I'd read about some special elite tournaments within the future PGA schedule. Sorry.

[Edit: Not at all what I thought. Something very different, that was first conceived two years ago (long before LIV got off the ground)]

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

16 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Pretty smart - especially if there is an equipment rollback (which is expected), this could highlight some really cool golf shots. Where shows like Holy Moly feel like they dumb down golf too much and Long Drive is too niche, a combination of quality golf shots plus a fun competition could really bridge golf viewership.

:taylormade-small: M6 12* Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65g stiff

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5* HL Oban Kiyoshi Purple 75g stiff

:ping-small:  G410 Hybrid 19* Tour stiff 

:ping-small: i210 KBS tour stiff 4-GW

:cleveland-small: 54* RTX Zipcore

:ping-small: 58* glide 3.0

:taylormade-small:  TP Black Copper Juno 34in

Oncore elixr or Snell MTBx

I think it's a brilliant idea - execution will need to be spot on to garner the interest of non-golfers, but having Tiger at the forefront is never a bad thing.  Seems like they're making this an "offseason" idea, which I think is smart, and it wouldn't surprise me to see some "celebrity guests" at some point (Steph Curry, Tom Brady, etc.), to help bring in fans of other sports, too.  

If they can get it just right, I think it could be a super fun thing to watch.  

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

43 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

I think it's a brilliant idea - execution will need to be spot on to garner the interest of non-golfers, but having Tiger at the forefront is never a bad thing.  Seems like they're making this an "offseason" idea, which I think is smart, and it wouldn't surprise me to see some "celebrity guests" at some point (Steph Curry, Tom Brady, etc.), to help bring in fans of other sports, too.  

It could be. But if it's not more than glorified Top Golf with PGA stars, I think it will be a flop. But I'm not part of the key demo...

• LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

13 minutes ago, Middler said:

It could be. But it it's not more than glorified Top Golf with PGA stars, I think it will be a flop. But I'm not part of the key demo...

Look, if Barkley shows up to commentate and get drunk and fall of an elevated tee-box (like my favorite golf fail clip), I'm all about it.  Does anyone here have any juice with Tiger, because I would legit like to see this happen.  "I broke my leg, and it's turribull!"

5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

28 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Look, if Barkley shows up to commentate and get drunk and fall of an elevated tee-box (like my favorite golf fail clip), I'm all about it.  Does anyone here have any juice with Tiger, because I would legit like to see this happen.  "I broke my leg, and it's turribull!"

Now that he’s dropped LIV, could be…

• LAB DF3 w Accra
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I’m definitely interested to see what comes of this.  I think with two mega stars in Tiger and Rory this has lots of potential.  With their powers combined!!!!!!

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

On 8/24/2022 at 5:49 PM, DriverBreaker said:

I’m definitely interested to see what comes of this.  I think with two mega stars in Tiger and Rory this has lots of potential.  With their powers combined!!!!!!

On 8/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, Samsonite said:

On 8/24/2022 at 10:48 AM, TBS said:

Pretty smart - especially if there is an equipment rollback (which is expected), this could highlight some really cool golf shots. Where shows like Holy Moly feel like they dumb down golf too much and Long Drive is too niche, a combination of quality golf shots plus a fun competition could really bridge golf viewership.

On 8/23/2022 at 6:15 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

looks pretty amazing to me. i’d love to be one of the testers to help work out the kinks. that looks like SO MUCH FUN! Most weeks I can see myself watching this instead of the NFL, since the game of the week is Sunday Night Football now, and Monday night gets a lot of snoozers. Plus, we’ll get to see Tiger competing for years regardless of whether he’s ever able to walk the Masters again. Just for that, i’m all in. With the players having an ownership stake, this should go straight 🚀 🚀 🚀 to the moon!

112FCCFB-F95A-40B6-981D-59EFF6E19AA4.png

D       ______ Ping G400
F{3|15} ______ Cobra King F9
X{3|19} ______ Ping G425 Hybrid 
I{5|24} {6|27} {7|31} {8|35} {9|40} Callaway Apex CF16

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9
P ____________ L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ Stability

I also think this could be such an amazing opportunity to showcase the incredible skills of the LPGA, college golfers, amateurs, etc.  Because it's 'gamified', there are really no limits.  Imagine one of us, playing with our handicap, teamed up with a pro, taking on another team.  Not that they'd DO that, but holy crap that could be so much fun to see. 

Also, because all these athletes are SO competitive, the "winning" prize wouldn't even have to be that huge - bragging rights go a LONG way. 

I think I just got myself over-excited about a thing that's not even close to airing yet. DAMMIT.

5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T

I’ll wait and see but based on the video that was posted above: 🥱

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

21 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I’ll wait and see but based on the video that was posted above: 🥱

4BF111A3-EEDE-482A-9B03-A1DC779B35DE.gif🤣😂🤣 jk @cnosil you could be right, we’ll have to wait and see when it hits our TV screens.

Edited by ryan.mzzz

D       ______ Ping G400

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9

1 hour ago, EasyPutter said:

Consider this:  they were developing TGL for 2 years and that press briefing was all they could put together to grab the world's attention to their concept?  Underwhelmed is overstatement.

To be fair (and I am a positive optimist), I would like to see TGL launch like a skyrocket because golf should be much more than it is, versatile, engaging, available, approachable, with some team elements that take advantage of any number of venues in any climate region...

Elon Musk revolutionized the concept of how we travel across the Earth and into Space.  Perhaps Tiger and Rory will do the same for golf; revolutionize golf with new concepts of venues so that what we enjoy now will be referred to as Traditional Golf and everything else comes from it.  Revolutions do not happen overnight but perhaps, even with that fizzle of a press announcement, they are tapping into energies of how we can get from where we are now to where it can go.

they obviously have a lot of work to do. It has to get my competitive juices flowing. Something that doesn’t happen for me watching Long Drive competitions or ‘Holey Moley.’ I did kind of get into the Top Golf show ‘Shotmakers.’

It will all come down to the execution. So much innovation is going into this, it’s a huge risk, which is part of the reason it’s exciting, to me. My partner sleeps through the Masters, but she watched a few episodes of Shotmakers with me, and she hates Holey Moley also. She refuses to watch the LPGA. If this can bring some ladies and young people to the TV set, it will have done it’s job. With player ownership, it will get sustained player involvement. I hope Tiger and Rory provide a path to ownership for more top players than just themselves. 

The image I posted was just a mockup, so I get being underwhelmed. I see a lot of promise in that image, we’ll have to see it it pans out.

I don’t think it will revolutionize golf by taking attention away from the main PGA/Majors, but it doesn’t have to. It just has to be real competitive golf presented in an innovative way that brings eyeballs to the set, and hopefully get’s my partner a little more interested in golf in general to at least stay awake for a few hours of the Masters each year. For me, that would be a success. 

Me personally, as a Tiger fan, I’ll tune in for him as often as he wants to participate. 

D       ______ Ping G400

W{45|50} _____ Vokey SM8
W{54|58} _____ Vokey SM9

• 1 month later...