WMGS Product Test Requests & Ideas

I would love to see a variety of things tested for women…

Shoes

Irons (Clubs across the board)

Gloves

Clothing

Things to carry balls and tees in if I don’t have pockets.  (Fanny packs??) Not sure but there has to be an option!

Training Aides (so many out there)

Ideas for things that could be developed and tested:

Wet cloths to clean my clubs that are good for metal.  (I will not spit on my clubs 😝)

Snacks (men don’t think about this but testing how snacks give energy or don’t could be a thing in addition to taste)

Tanning lotion for my forehead 😂.  (Why not!?!?)

Tijoli

15 hours ago, Tijoli said:

Wet cloths to clean my clubs that are good for metal.  (I will not spit on my clubs 😝)

*side eyes* I would never spit on my clubs. Nope. Not every time I needed to clean them early on. 

As far as ways to deal with it that aren't spitting, I've found bringing myself a massive water bottle, and then using that to get the bottom part of my towel wet works pretty well. Unless it's a dry hot day, that towel stays damp for a long time. For hot and dry climates though, I'm tempted to try the "Frogger Golf Wet and Dry Amphibian Golf Towel." It has an inner pocket that you get wet that stays wet, and the outside is for drying. I've seen some people talk about similar products and that they work pretty well.

I'm actually stuck wearing men's shoes unless I want to spring for a custom pair of women's shoes, as standard women's size athletic shoes never fit me right. Haven't found a pair I'm happy with yet, so my review so far is, golf shoes are generally uncomfortable for people with weirdly sized feet, go figure.

What kind of tests do you want for clothing? I mean, I have noticed the distinct lack of reviews for the vast majority of women's golf clothes online. Are you wanting testing more of the higher end things, like $150-$200 windbreakers, or more common lower end brands?

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

13 hours ago, MsWalkrOfSky said:

*side eyes* I would never spit on my clubs. Nope. Not every time I needed to clean them early on. 

As far as ways to deal with it that aren't spitting, I've found bringing myself a massive water bottle, and then using that to get the bottom part of my towel wet works pretty well. Unless it's a dry hot day, that towel stays damp for a long time. For hot and dry climates though, I'm tempted to try the "Frogger Golf Wet and Dry Amphibian Golf Towel." It has an inner pocket that you get wet that stays wet, and the outside is for drying. I've seen some people talk about similar products and that they work pretty well.

I'm actually stuck wearing men's shoes unless I want to spring for a custom pair of women's shoes, as standard women's size athletic shoes never fit me right. Haven't found a pair I'm happy with yet, so my review so far is, golf shoes are generally uncomfortable for people with weirdly sized feet, go figure.

What kind of tests do you want for clothing? I mean, I have noticed the distinct lack of reviews for the vast majority of women's golf clothes online. Are you wanting testing more of the higher end things, like $150-$200 windbreakers, or more common lower end brands?

I love the idea of that towel and will definitely check it out.  As far as shoes, I have some Skechers which I love but the styles are limited when it comes to wide feet and the Pumas that I just got feel great when I put them on but don’t have the support I need for an entire round.  I went to the driving range today and hit a large bucket of balls and had to take my shoes off on the way home.  I think I’ll be donating them soon.  Still in amazing shape…just not the support I need.  I’d love to see more styles that carry wide sizes and I’d love to hear how the ones that are available fit and feel after a round of golf.

I’m plus size and a lot of tops run too short.  It’s no fun to have my tops jump up when I swing so I’d love to know how tops fit for plus size women.  Do the armpits gape on sleeveless tops?  Does the material last through several washes without getting pilly or stretching out?  How comfortable are they in the heat?  I don’t need them to be high end because my favorite shirts are from Kohls and were as low as $11 at times.  I am so sad that they don’t carry them in my size now.  Although it would be fun to test something beyond my price range, I would much rather test something that the majority of women can afford to purchase and feel comfortable in.  I may skim a review about a $200 windbreaker but wouldn’t pay much attention so give me a $50 jacket that I can review and help someone make a wise decision about purchasing.

I’m open to any and all varieties of tests because it’s fun and it makes a difference.  I hope this forum grows to the point where manufacturers are interested in testing their products and women turn here for their reviews.

Tijoli

9 hours ago, Tijoli said:

I’m open to any and all varieties of tests because it’s fun and it makes a difference.  I hope this forum grows to the point where manufacturers are interested in testing their products and women turn here for their reviews.

I think this is an awesome goal for the forum! Right now, there are few if any reviews for most women's golf clothes. Maybe one review on a shirt on occasion. So I think trying to turn this into an aggregate of reviewed products for women is an excellent idea.

I'll go ahead and start reviewing some of the products I do regularly buy in the equipment section as I have time. I definitely have some shirt preferences for a casual day out on the course. I think I'm not quite qualified to review my own irons at the moment, but that's because I only have experience with a few other types of irons, and most of that not recent. I'm hoping to replace my irons and wedges at the end of this year; currently been eyeing Maltby, as I'm close enough to get fitted there...

MsWalkrOfSky - 22.1 HDC - Best 18 hole Round - 80 at Rea Park Golf Course - Red Tees - 5,219 yards

Driver:       :PXG:             0211 2021 10.5* - Shaft Diamana s60 Limited - Stiff Flex

Woods:     :callaway-logo-1:        XR 3 Wood - Regular Flex

Acer                  XP Stainless 9 Wood 27*       

Irons:        :cleveland-small:         CG7 Black Pearl Irons 4-PW - A Flex

Wedges:   Kirkland          52*

Kirkland          56*

Kirkland          60*

Putter:      :ping-small:            PAL 5

Balls:        Pro V1 Yellow  

Other:      ShotScope X5 Watch and Sensors     

16 hours ago, Tijoli said:

I love the idea of that towel and will definitely check it out.  As far as shoes, I have some Skechers which I love but the styles are limited when it comes to wide feet and the Pumas that I just got feel great when I put them on but don’t have the support I need for an entire round.  I went to the driving range today and hit a large bucket of balls and had to take my shoes off on the way home.  I think I’ll be donating them soon.  Still in amazing shape…just not the support I need.  I’d love to see more styles that carry wide sizes and I’d love to hear how the ones that are available fit and feel after a round of golf.

I’m plus size and a lot of tops run too short.  It’s no fun to have my tops jump up when I swing so I’d love to know how tops fit for plus size women.  Do the armpits gape on sleeveless tops?  Does the material last through several washes without getting pilly or stretching out?  How comfortable are they in the heat?  I don’t need them to be high end because my favorite shirts are from Kohls and were as low as $11 at times.  I am so sad that they don’t carry them in my size now.  Although it would be fun to test something beyond my price range, I would much rather test something that the majority of women can afford to purchase and feel comfortable in.  I may skim a review about a $200 windbreaker but wouldn’t pay much attention so give me a $50 jacket that I can review and help someone make a wise decision about purchasing.

Shoes - most definitely Ecco. They are worth the money!  Bought my first pair this winter and not sure I'll buy anything else.

I've had Footjoy, Callaway, sketchers, adidas but my feet either hurt, get wet or just don't grip well!!

B

23 minutes ago, BKervin said:

Shoes - most definitely Ecco. They are worth the money!  Bought my first pair this winter and not sure I'll buy anything else.

I've had Footjoy, Callaway, sketchers, adidas but my feet either hurt, get wet or just don't grip well!!

Do you have wide feet?  I’ll check them out.

Tijoli

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to WMGS Product Test Requests & Ideas
On 4/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, Tijoli said:

I would love to see a variety of things tested for women…

Shoes

Irons (Clubs across the board)

Gloves

Clothing

Things to carry balls and tees in if I don’t have pockets.  (Fanny packs??) Not sure but there has to be an option!

Training Aides (so many out there)

Ideas for things that could be developed and tested:

Snacks (men don’t think about this but testing how snacks give energy or don’t could be a thing in addition to taste)

Tanning lotion for my forehead 😂.  (Why not!?!?)

No need to wait for a testing to share. I'll give you some ideas about what I do that might help you.

Shoes, gloves and shirt styles - Instead of a repeat, I refer you to what I posted in my initial intro on Call for Ladies.

Things to carry stuff if you don't have pockets. Some skorts are now adding a pocket on one leg of the undershorts but it makes you have a strange bulge. Many of my skorts don't have a pockets. Sometimes I hand sew a ribbon on to the top portion of my skort to make 2 loops for tees. Like this. Easy fix and works great.

TeeStrip-on-skirt.jpg.ab9e39dbd8d4c90eb6a3cf623023d32d.jpg

I also have one of these. This is my very old, used and hugely loved golf ball/tee pouch. It stays hooked on my bag. The zippered pocket on top will also hold a few balls. I like it because it's small and sturdy. There are several styles available on Amazon, but I've never found another one exactly like it.

ball-tee_bag.jpg.742fffeeb5c28191f4ef4c0d96c10434.jpg

I absolutely hate a dirty ball. I had a little pouch hanging on my bag and I would get the inside damp before a round. I could put a ball inside to clean it. But someone took it one day while on the range. When I get to the green, I go prepared to clean my ball. I tuck the corner of a small towel into the top of my waistband to clean my ball on the green. I went to Harbor Freight and bought a package of their microfiber towels used for cleaning. Several bright colors are in the pack and they are about the size of a wash cloth. I don't spit on my balls but I do spit on my cloth to clean my ball. When on the green, I'm not about to have my playing partners wait while I go back to my cart for a wet towel and I'm not putting with a dirty ball. You could always keep the towel damp but I don't want to have a wet towel hanging on me. 

I have a few golf skirts that aren't skorts. I wear volley ball shorts under them. The legs are tight enough to hold a golf ball or tee.

There have been a number of great posts on MGS about snack ideas, training aids, gloves, etc. that are not women specific. Just do a search for those threads and more.

I never put sunscreen on my forehead because I don't want it running down into and burning my eyes. But with a hat on I find I only need sunscreen on my face up to my eyes.

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

Love this!  Thanks for the ribbon idea…I came up with a solution for keeping my fishing rods together when I break them down but never thought of a creative solution to this need.  I may take your idea and expand it if I can think of a way to place a ball in there too!!  Great ideas to try out for sure…thanks!

Tijoli

18 minutes ago, Tijoli said:

Love this!  Thanks for the ribbon idea…I came up with a solution for keeping my fishing rods together when I break them down but never thought of a creative solution to this need.  I may take your idea and expand it if I can think of a way to place a ball in there too!!  Great ideas to try out for sure…thanks!

You can use wide elastic like extra wide waste band elastic.  The ball gets gripped by the elastic!

B

On 4/20/2023 at 7:51 AM, Tijoli said:

This may help spur your ball pocket idea. I've also used ribbon to create a little pocket for my ball marker (on the other side of the skirt). You could expand this using a stretchy material to hold a ball.

BallMarker_pocket.jpg.27115204627dd5cbe62336eb80230be2.jpg

My skirt ball marker pockets were before a started wearing an anklet for my ball markers. I hated that the hat clips for ball markers could leave a rust mark on my cap bill. I purchased several anklets available on golf sites that always broke after several wearings because they are made with fishing line. So I went to my jeweler and had him make this one for me custom sized for my ankle. While I'm already bending over to pick up or put down my ball, my anklet is always right there.

AnkletBallMarker.jpg.757fca2a161db44b694e805b37c11d03.jpg

PXG 0811 XF driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 wood, 4 & 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4, 6 - 9 irons

:cleveland-small: Wedges: RTX Zipcore 46 mid bounce; RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:bettinardi-1: Armlock putter or  :edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B XS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

• 4 months later...

We are still working on this and hope to have something in the works soon!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 9/13/2023 at 10:37 PM, K8golfer said:

Just wondering what ball you all play with? Any other testing going on? Also curious about what shoes you find comfortable and stable. 

I tested the OnCore ELIXR and I loved it!  It gave me an additional 30 yards on my drives and more accuracy overall.  It sounds hard to believe but I’m 3 dozen in and ordering more because it has changed my game.  When I ran out I decided to use the  Titleists (various versions) that I’ve found here and there on courses and have been given at tournaments in the goody bags and though I like everything about them, they just don’t measure up to the consistency of the ELIXRS.  The weight distribution made a big difference in my game and I’m  now a hardcore OnCore fan!

Regarding shoes…still searching for the right fit.  I wear my Sketcher sneaks more than my golf shoes right now.

I’m not on here much anymore but enjoyed revisiting this thread.  I’m hoping to get back soon.  I look forward to hearing more from the other contributors.

Tijoli

I've found I love the fit and support of Ecco shoes.  They are a little more pricey but I can't live without them.

I've had FootJoy, Adidas, Sketches, Callaway. I'll pay the price going forward for Ecco.

Edited by BKervin

B

19 hours ago, Tijoli said:

I tested the OnCore ELIXR and I loved it!  It gave me an additional 30 yards on my drives and more accuracy overall.  It sounds hard to believe but I’m 3 dozen in and ordering more because it has changed my game.  When I ran out I decided to use the  Titleists (various versions) that I’ve found here and there on courses and have been given at tournaments in the goody bags and though I like everything about them, they just don’t measure up to the consistency of the ELIXRS.  The weight distribution made a big difference in my game and I’m  now a hardcore OnCore fan!

Regarding shoes…still searching for the right fit.  I wear my Sketcher sneaks more than my golf shoes right now.

I’m not on here much anymore but enjoyed revisiting this thread.  I’m hoping to get back soon.  I look forward to hearing more from the other contributors.

Will try the OnCore- thanks!

Texas golfer always looking to execute the next shot. 2 Aces!

On 9/20/2023 at 10:38 AM, K8golfer said:

Will try the OnCore- thanks!

I saw that OnCore was one of the brands that used the warehouse that burned in Taiwan.  I’m not sure how much of their production came from there but their prices may go up.  Callaway is another brand that will be affected.

Tijoli

Well... I will rephrase my original post! I MIGHT WAIT to try a different ball! 🙂

I am using a Titleist ProV1 right now. I don't lose balls very often and have had some good rounds with it. Still looking at which variable created the low round - like less Birdie juice! 

Texas golfer always looking to execute the next shot. 2 Aces!