TESTERS ANNOUNCED: Graphite Design Tour AD Shafts ×

Cut Blue 4pc urethane -- Review

550025KV

Had a chance to play a 7 or 8 holes with the Cut Blue. I believe it's their premium 4pc urethane ball. Figured I'd post some notes. This was not a promo offer and I wasn't given a ball to review.  For the record my regular gamer is a TM TP5x.

Appearance. Bright white, I didn't see any distinct dimple pattern.  It did have a nice bold alignment line for putting.  I'd give it an A-  

Distance.  It was not as long as my current ball with the driver. I found it to have a medium ball flight.  Off the irons it also had a medium ball flight and played 1/2 club shorter than my TP5x.  I prefer a higher ball flight, but if you're already a high ball hitter, this could be a good fit.  I'd give it a B-

Feel. This is where I had a bit of a  problem. It felt firm and somewhat clicky off every club in the bag. Driver,irons, wedge approach and the putter.  Shortgame chipping and pitching reaction were not appealing to me. Gave me zero confidence that I could get it close without playing for additional runout.  I'd give it a C

Durability. Big problem here. No errant shots, no cart paths and it visibly showed some wear. After only 7 holes it was time to retire it. I'd guess you're going to be hard pressed to get 18 holes and be happy to pull it out for another round.  I'd give it a C-

Overall Summary:  it's a C.  I would not be a buyer of this ball.  For me the downside was durability and feel.  

• Mav SubZ 9°
  • Mav SubZ 14.5°
  • Mav SubZ 16°
  • Mav 4hy
  • Apex CF19 5- AW
  • Hogan Equalizer 54°
    Cleveland 58°
  • Odyssey StrokeLab 7s
  • TaylorMade TP5x

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Cut Blue. I actually bought a box once when I had a round and was running low on MaxFli Tour's and needed something in a pinch. Like you, I thought they were just ok, I did like the spin around the greens but other aspects of the ball were a little underwhelming. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really enjoy the Cut Blue, especially for the price. Much like you though, the durability is the big issue. If this ball was more durable, I would consider playing it fulltime. 

:honma: TW747 460 Driver 9.5° (Honma Vizard 50 S)

:adams-small: Idea Insight Tech 3 Wood 13° (Matrix Ozik 60 S)

:taylormade-small: Rescue Mid 19° 3h (FCM Precision Rifle 115 5.5)

:taylormade-small: Rescue Mid 22° 4h (Precision Lite Metal 95 R)

:srixon-small: Z765 5i-PW (Project X 120 6.0)

MALTBY TE Forged 51° GW (FST 115 S)

MALTBY M-Series+ 54° Mid & 58° Wide (Project X 114 5.5)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No. 1 Putter

MAXFLI Tour CG

I've tried both the Blue and Grey and once was enough for me. Far better balls out there in the market, in my experience

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

On 4/12/2023 at 5:00 PM, 550025KV said:

Durability. Big problem here. No errant shots, no cart paths and it visibly showed some wear. After only 7 holes it was time to retire it. I'd guess you're going to be hard pressed to get 18 holes and be happy to pull it out for another round.  I'd give it a C-

You got 7 holes out of it?! That's amazing! I tried a sleeve and all three were retired after 3 holes. Total.

first hole was an 8i out of the rough that scuffed the cover. second hole was a bunker shot that put an actual HOLE in the cover. third ball was gone after a PW from the fairway left a scuff... I just can't fathom needing two dozen balls per weekend not because I lose them, but because they only last one hole!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review