Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arccos & Chips

ZACHFREITAS

I'm new to Arccos and I love what I see so far. The only issue I have is that I like to chip with non-conventional clubs like 7-iron or Hybrid. When I do so, Arccos assumes that I'm taking a full swing.  Is there a way to assign these shots as chip shots around the green? Or do I just need to remove them from my club distances. I know we can assign putts as chips but I don't ever know why I would want to do such a thing. Anyways, if I could assign a swing to a chip and it removes that swing from my club yardages I would be grateful.

Chippy McChipperson!

Z

3 hours ago, ZACHFREITAS said:

I'm new to Arccos and I love what I see so far. The only issue I have is that I like to chip with non-conventional clubs like 7-iron or Hybrid. When I do so, Arccos assumes that I'm taking a full swing.  Is there a way to assign these shots as chip shots around the green? Or do I just need to remove them from my club distances. I know we can assign putts as chips but I don't ever know why I would want to do such a thing. Anyways, if I could assign a swing to a chip and it removes that swing from my club yardages I would be grateful.

Chippy McChipperson!

After the round or after the hole you can edit the shot. Simply click on the 7 iron you used and select chip and it will remove it from your full swing stats!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

After the round or after the hole you can edit the shot. Simply click on the 7 iron you used and select chip and it will remove it from your full swing stats!

Hmm. I don’t see it.

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

3 hours ago, skraeling said:

Hmm. I don’t see it.

Now that I go back I don't see it either... I know they used to have that function but looks like it may have been removed. I don't actually use arccos anymore, but maybe someone in the users group has an answer.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

The only place I'm aware of to do that is by going to Clubs > Select the club you want > Smart Distance > Usage and then uncheck the shots you don't want included.

Screenshot_20230802_215148.jpg.615febb23492f6ea2dbdc0b7c4aae854.jpg

I use the feature to set Putts as Chips when I use the putter from off the green.

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

1 hour ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

The only place I'm aware of to do that is by going to Clubs > Select the club you want > Smart Distance > Usage and then uncheck the shots you don't want included.

I use the feature to set Putts as Chips when I use the putter from off the green.

Maybe that was what I was thinking... But I thought for sure it use to have the feature of changing certain shots to chips or even punch outs.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

Was just about to post this same thing - I’ve had to use this feature for punch / bump and run shots in the past. 

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

8 hours ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

Thats my thinking as well also and the only place ive done it so far.

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

9 hours ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

Current Arccos user and this is what I do as well. Typically, my smart distance doesn't include these in usage during around, so I don't even have to unselect them. Not sure if after you use the app for multiple rounds and you get a baseline established for smart distances it automatically excludes shots that are not typical distance? It's a bit tedious but like I said, mine lately doesn't include chips or bump and runs.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

25 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

Current Arccos user and this is what I do as well. Typically, my smart distance doesn't include these in usage during around, so I don't even have to unselect them. Not sure if after you use the app for multiple rounds and you get a baseline established for smart distances it automatically excludes shots that are not typical distance? It's a bit tedious but like I said, mine lately doesn't include chips or bump and runs.

It gets better at it, but its not perfect for sure.  Think mine has ~1900 shots to work with.

Stack Referral code

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

10 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Maybe that was what I was thinking... But I thought for sure it use to have the feature of changing certain shots to chips or even punch outs.

ShotScope at least used to have a way to mark a shot as "positional", but I thought Arccos tried to take care of it automatically in the smart distance. Obviously double-checking through the method outlined above doesn't hurt.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I review my data after the round and will check/uncheck shots to update the Smart Caddie.  Arccos will record the club used but may not add the distance for data if it's significantly less than your averages.  If you see the distance used on the chip, go to Club Distances>Club>Smart Distance and exclude the recorded chip from the smart distance calculation.  The scrambling data calculates the missed GIR recovery shots, so chips should not be added to the distance calculation.  When reviewing my rounds, GIR and Approaches are the common Round Insights for my What Hurt You.  

:titelist-small: Linksmaster bag  

:titelist-small:  TSR3 11° Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6 stiff

:titelist-small:   TSi2 16.5° and 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 stiff 

:titelist-small:  T200 Utility Build 22° Graphite Design Tour AD 85 HY stiff

:titelist-small:  2021 T200 5-P Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff

:vokey-small:  SM9 48.10F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105 stiff52.12F Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 120 stiff and 58.10S Jet Black Premium True Temper AMT Black-Black Onyx S300

Scotty Cameron   2022 Special Select Jet Set Newport 34" 350g

ArccosSig.jpg.ebcfd079607adabd46a71d6125ee2ab6.jpg P3 sensor, Caddy Smart grips, and Apple Watch

:titelist-small:  ProV1x

Thanks for all of your responses. So what I'm hearing is that some of the short game statistics my get under reported. Club distances should be automatically accounted for, but you can manually make sure to exclude some hits after a round, which is manual. 

I think I can handle the manual hit selection, I'm just kind of bummed the short game statistics may not be as accurate as they could be.

Z

Z

For what it’s worth I’ve used Arcoss for about 4 years and the only chip option is for the putter so you choose to ‘not’ record a putt from off the green as a putt so you get true putting stats.

Shorter game stats is really for recording full wedge shots, any chips or pitches are just recovery shots and just about adding another shot to your score.

Correctly mentioned already is not to delete any shots from the club stats but to just deselect anything erroneous eg short pitches etc if it is highlighted.  After all chips and pitches are not a measure of your short game ability, that’s what approach and GIR is about.

other than that, I’ve never been convinced about the accuracy of Arcoss distances - good enough but especially round greens it can be yards off so I always check/edit after to ensure as accurate as I can 😉

Keen amateur 

Cobra King F9 driver

Callaway 3w & 5w

Taylormade M4 5-PW

Cleveland RTX mid grind 50, 58, 56, 60

Oddysey Versa Sabretooth putter (as used by Inbee Park)

Bushnell Pro X3 Rangefinder 

4 hours ago, Grasmere5 said:

For what it’s worth I’ve used Arcoss for about 4 years and the only chip option is for the putter so you choose to ‘not’ record a putt from off the green as a putt so you get true putting stats.

Shorter game stats is really for recording full wedge shots, any chips or pitches are just recovery shots and just about adding another shot to your score.

Correctly mentioned already is not to delete any shots from the club stats but to just deselect anything erroneous eg short pitches etc if it is highlighted.  After all chips and pitches are not a measure of your short game ability, that’s what approach and GIR is about.

other than that, I’ve never been convinced about the accuracy of Arcoss distances - good enough but especially round greens it can be yards off so I always check/edit after to ensure as accurate as I can 😉

A feature that Arccos has is that it asks you when you are putting from off the green if it’s a chip or a putt.  The Watch app prompts you automatically.  It’s a nice added feature.  Great for courses with smooth long run offs where you are putting but it’s really a chip.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User