Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

A lot of new members have joined the last month or so.

Am easy way to get recognized is to do an unofficial review of whatever products you are using - golf balls - irons - driver - bag or whatever else! Shoes, tees, ball marker it all works!

Short of that give us a reason why here and you never know what could happen!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Am easy way to get recognized is to do an unofficial review of whatever products you are using - golf balls - irons - driver - bag or whatever else! Shoes, tees, ball marker it all works!

Couldn't agree more. Prior to my first test,  I was a blind rat looking for the cheese. The members here helped alot in guiding me into the right posts and suggested several threads to absorb.  I can't say how much I really enjoy the official and unofficial test reviews that are out there!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

When I posted my unofficial review of the Odin balls, I was met with a very positive response but I want to add that I did also ask for advice to use in future reviews that I have taken and am currently employing. I think being open to suggestions while still maintaining your style would help a lot of folks. Hopefully this helps!

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

3 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

When I posted my unofficial review of the Odin balls, I was met with a very positive response but I want to add that I did also ask for advice to use in future reviews that I have taken and am currently employing. I think being open to suggestions while still maintaining your style would help a lot of folks. Hopefully this helps!

The members and moderators have been willing to provide feedback whenever asked, as well as the overall community.  There is a wealth of knowledge here!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I did the same on my most recent review of the Lombardi putter as well. I have a tendency to engage my writing on a simple level. I don't mean for it to be bland, as sometimes it comes out that way.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. My Golf Spy, 

I can say with the utmost confidence if selected no one is going to have more fun than me while testing and it will show in the review. 

A friend of mine runs a golf simulator bar in San Diego and the very first thing I’m doing is throwing a party where me and all my Golf buddies are going to the simulator and putting our clubs against the clubs  we are testing. I will get data from golfers of all skill levels and swing types. Not to mention all our wives laughing at us along the way for every bad shot. 

All the data will be recorded and I’m sure there will be some funny video content for everyone to see. 

After that initial gathering I’m taking the clubs out to the course and putting the clubs through multiple rounds against my Current Gamer and maybe a couple scrambles to see if they can handle the pressure of team golf  

If I am not comfortable permanently putting them in the bag I will gladly ship them on to another spy to test and enjoy. 

You guys do an excellent job with all your content and glad to be a small part of it. 

Sincerely Yours 

The Bringer of Rain 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

I have been playing for a long time and have a great love for the game. I am interested in the science behind the game as well. I want to be able to understand what changes to the construction of the ball will do or what the changes to a club face will do. I am always looking to improve my game and help others with their game by suggesting the right equipment or ball that fits their game the best.

Hey MGS leaders. 

I think I'd make a great tester. First off.  I'm a leftie. So that's a plus no? Kidding. I think I'd make a great tester because I try to bring an open mind to any product I buy and I'm willing to try my best to put it through its paces to either get the best out of it or prove it's not for me. I'm a 10HDCP golfer so that means good shots, bad shots, miss hits, hozzle rockets and everything in between. 

I think I can bring a level of relatabilty to some of the players with higher swing speeds. I do think this differs from those who may have a lower handicap then me, but a slower, more refined swing. I don't think it's a bad thing to have different sets of skills compared to others. We may swing at different speeds but our philosophies and the way we swing may be the same. 

I'm also not afraid to say I don't like a product. Provided the reasons are valid and not just for the sake of saying I don't like it. Not every product is for everyone and that's okay. But if I can bring my side of the review to another member who may be in the same boat,  it could help someone make a choice down the road. On the flip side I really do enjoy explaining the things I do like, why I like them and how I hope they can make my game better. Whether it's aesthetics or performance. 

I think I'd make a great tester because I want to bring all the aspects of a product to the readers and reviewers. Along with data to support whether the product will or will not help, I want to bring to light the tech, build process, specs, buying processes, the company itself and of course with clubs, the fitting process. I'd like like to answer the question "who would this be for? Who wouldn't it be for?" Everything. I think as important as it is that we are buying quality products we should also be dealing with quality companies and customer support. 

Unfortunately I live in a colder part of Canada where our golf season is short, but I'm fortunate that I have a great selection of indoor sims to choose from to gather data and play some rounds to get a bit of real life use out of equipment. 

Lastly I do have some experience on the film side of things. Getting recordings and voicing over them and creating videos is a hobby of mine. And I'm looking forward to doing my own personal reviews and making my own videos. 

Not quite to sure how this will work but here's a link to my review of my latest purchase. 

Thanks for your time!!!

Mike (Leaky)

Edited by LeakyValve

"We're weekend golfers. Of course we just buy gear off the racks and wonder why it doesn't work"

Because I'm dead honest about everything, so also when it's not giving me the promised result...

Driver:           :PXG:0811 XF GEN4 10,5 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 60 regular shaft.

Hybrids:        :cobra-small:  FLY-Z 3/4/5 , VLCT ALTUS R-flex 75gr. shaft.

Irons:             :cobra-small:  Speedzone One Length Irons 5-GW - KBS Tour 90 Regular shaft.

Wedges:        ST8TS Tour T Wedges 52-56-60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:            MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:             :honma: D1 and TW-X for the moment till i can find a better deal 😉

Rangefinder:  Garmin Fenix 6X Pro, ZIYOUHU Chinese laser, Garmin Approach X40., SwingU app.

Privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim AND SwingU app for MyGolfSpy!

I believe my vast experiences in golf qualify me to be a tester. I have been involved in the golf business for over 50 years. This has included HS, college and professional golf. I have done every thing from repair and make clubs to sales, instruction and competitions. I have been an educational teacher, administrator and coach as well as a magazine editor. My vast knowledge in the golf business makes me an excellent candidate to evaluate golf related products. JJordan

Simply because I do nothing else aside from working. I love golfing, and am always trying new products when Its affordable for me. I hit in my yard EVERY day, and just love getting out and playing - even if it's an off day with the swing. I'll always appreciate just being on a course with a buddy or two. And I would also take their input for whatever I'd be testing so you'd get a two or three-for. (I'd also include their playing stats, strengths, weaknesses, ECT.)

Love what you guys do. Keep it up.

Also, I've attached a photo of my ball retriever.

IMG_20221208_153209155_HDR.jpg

DK

Hi, I think I would make a good tester as I can offer a different perspective to golfing. Following a serious motorcycle collision 10 years ago I was unable to play for 7 years due to the injury to my left hand. This left me with very limited movement in 3 of my fingers and as a result I only have a limited grip in my left hand. Once I was able to grip a club again I started playing once more but have had to adjust my game to compensate. I have managed to get my handicap down to 15.9 and am still progressing.
I play regularly all year round so can offer an insight into off season golf as well as the regular season. 

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik 3 hybrid 

Irons: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Mavrik  4-AW,

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws MD5 50 and 56 wedges

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

IMG_5085.jpeg

Good Morning, a very good question, why should someone be a tester for anything golf related???  And the better question, what makes myself a better tester than others?  I'm an avid golf nerd, architecture, courses, golf clubs, accessories, bags, apparel, I enjoy it all.  Trying out new clubs each year, crunching numbers like RPM, carry yardages, anything to improve my game.  I play a lot of am tournaments throughout the year, with the goal of winning every one.  But the better someone gets, the more likely one is to fail, and golfers understand that more than anything.  So with the amount of golf someone plays, the testing of a device, accessory, or club would get put more through the ringer and an accurate depiction of the product would conveyed to the consumers.  I also know, the more detail one is to provide about the testing product the more people can make up their minds before purchase.  I have all of these qualities and would go out of my way to test anything and everything that I would have the opportunity to.  I'm currently at 495 courses that I've played in my life with the last 2 years posted on IG at amgolfblog My goal is 1000 while I'm still on this side of the grass.  I trust your judgement will be just and look forward to hearing from you.   

Regards

JWV

Hit em where you want

hate to brag, but…retired big box golf retail manager, club designer, certified fitter for Callaway/TM/Mizuno/Titleist/Edel/Ping, grew up working for a few famous Chicago area teaching pros, on HS state champion teams, played in US Am, and shot my age last 5 years. Play an eclectic mix of JDM irons and wedges, PXG driver, Cally UW fairways and modern Ping Prime Tyne or Low inspired Toney Penna Anniversary heel shafted putters. And…6 time National and 4 time World Masters javelin champion still competing against the college kids. So, a bit different.

IMG_2349.jpeg

IMG_8998.jpeg

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

Tony Penna Putter

Akira 58 wedge, orig graphite stiff for irons

PRGR ID Nabla forged tour irons 5-P weak

Adams 5 hybrid UST Proforce Hybrid Stiff

Callaway UW17,19 Hazardous Smoke RDX S

PXG Gen 5 0311 10.5, Hazardous Smoke RDX 

I know I can be a valued tester. I enjoy the methodical nature of getting to know a product and how its intended to be used, and using in different ways to test its ability to preform in all sorts of conditions. I am lucky enough to live in an area with all different types of courses with varying difficulties. I enjoy doing the research and giving honest, thoughtful feedback. I truly nerd out looking into the technology and research behind all sorts of golf products. I've had the fortune of working in the golf industry and know how much time an effort needs to go into test all sorts of products and know I'd dedicate myself to providing the best advice and findings on products.

Cobra LTDx LS 9 Degree

TaylorMade Stealth 3-wood

Cobra King SpeedZone 5-wood

Nike Pro Combo 4-PW 

Callaway JAWS 50 & 54

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey 2-Ball DFX Mallet

As a new member I know it won't be anytime soon, but if I am ever considered for testing, as I am retired I can easily meet any deadline for the testing, I offer a swing speed of only 90mph so it's a speed I don't often see for online reviews, other than last years, I can video the testing or provide pics from my sim setup, I offer a lefty's perspective which is often not reviewed either.

My golfing journey is only 2 seasons long now, this winter I am actually practicing every day as my real life handicap is 20 and I plan on dropping that. My online handicap with my Mevo+ is silly low, have to use auto-putt as there are too many odd reading from that but am currently a 4 handicap there lol.

I enjoy your site, lots of great content, have a great day y'all 🙂

:ping-small: LH G425 MAX

:callaway-small: LH 5W Rogue ST MAX D

:PXG: LH 7W 0341 XF

:PXG: LH 6H 0311 XF GEN5

:taylormade-small: LH irons STEALTH 2 HD

:PXG: LH wedges 0311T Romeo & 0311 3X Forged Chrome

:taylormade-small: LH putter Ghost Spyder

Hey Everybody! I'm very new to the forum scene so this may come across as a little awkward. Becoming a tester would just allow me to dive further into a sport that I have learned to love over the 12 years that I have being playing(consistently). Baseball is my first love but that was taken away from me before I could make an impact(osteosarcoma). Golf filled that hole almost completely. Allowing me to test would give me the chance to help others who are trying to figure out the game. We've all been there and unless you're in denial, are still trying to figure it out. My plan is to continue to post and hopefully get chosen eventually. Good Luck to everyone and thanks to everyone who's posted. It helped get me out of my shell

-Tim

I’ve been playing for over 40 years. During that span, I’ve been an assistant professional in the state of Florida for several years and have been passionate about the game. I work at getting better at the game on a daily basis and care dearly where the game is going for the amateur golfers. I would take any of the testing categories as seriously as possible to truly deliver the best possible evaluation I’m capable of producing.

The reasons i think i would make great tester are;

I belong to a social media group of over 40,000 Metro Detroit Golfers

I am a certified instructor through NRPGI

I am a dues paying member at 7 golf courses in Michigan. 2 of which are top 10 in the state.

My age group has the most disposable income to spend on golf equipment.

I average between 115-125 golf rounds per year

tristar rick

Two years ago is when I really started to take the game serious. I never knew how much goes into this game. I was fitted for my clubs, but I was told it was so much more they could have done. I didn't know about the different sizes in grips, shaft weights, club angles etc... I would love to be a tester cause I'm trying to learn more and more about the game of GOLF. Trying to find what's best for me is the overall EXPERINCE!!!

T.W

I represent a large group of senior active golfers that play 3-4 days a week. I’m also an active user of MGS and promote the site to my golfing friends. 

Played golf for over 50 years until my health and business calendar reduced my time to less then 5 rounds a year. Then 4 years ago I retired, changed my diet and lifestyle, lost 100 pounds and got back on the course. Its been a struggle but things are getting better.

Being in Canada we don’t always get to take advantage of all of the test opportunities however I feel that those of us who continue to practice, take lessons and frankly don’t stop thinking about the game even in the off season can still bring a ton of value to the tests.

I was very fortunate to be able to test Titleist balls a couple years ago and for the first time really took ball testing to the course to compare against one another, it was a lot of fun to really dive into it.

I hope to be selected in the future as I play 3-4 times a week and practice at least an additional 2-3 times when not playing. I think us in Canada can bring a lot of value especially to off season training aids as we got nothing but time when the snow flys!

:titelist-small: TSi4 10° w/ stiff Tensei White                         

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° w/ stiff Tensei White

:titelist-small: TSi2 19° w/ stiff Tensei White

:ping-small: I-Blade 4-PW +1" Blue Dot

:titelist-small: Vokey SM5 52°,56°,60°

:odyssey-small: O-Works Tank 7

:titelist-small: AVX

:Arccos:

Link

I am probably typical of the average Mygolfspy admirers. That is to say I am a perpetual “lurker”. I don’t really jump in to forum discussions, I keep my head down and don’t really contribute to the narrative. So what’s my excuse? It’s not that I don’t have time…I am 60 and retired and play at least twice a week here on “Mud Island” aka the UK. I also practice a couple of times a week but I have time. It’s not that I don’t have a bit of golfing experience and knowledge, being a 4.9 index and having maintained single digits for over 20 years. 
so what is my excuse? Well, I’m more of a listener than a talker these days. I find that I learn more from lurking and listening - simple as that. 
Mygolfspy is simply my go-to resource for information on all things golf; it directly influences my research and my purchases, from balls to driver. I watch every video review/test whether I am in the market or not, and champion the videos to friends who are looking for advice. 
So as a potential tester I think I have quite a lot to offer - not that you’d know it from my forum contributions to date! 

Mostly TM. M1 Dr, M2 3w, ping 425 hybrids, P790s, TM MG1 wedges, Scotty flat stick. 

This is all very good to know.  Providing a rubric is an excellent way to show/remind people about what you should do.

That being said, I only apply to a select amount of items (I know I won't care about some products).  

That being said, maybe I should make my own review.  I'll just follow the rubric.  Getting tired of waiting to win the lottery.

Im a single handi cap golfer which is constantly trying to perfect my game through various different golf equipment. i played on various pro am tours for 18 years and play 15 to 17 charity golf tournaments yearly. in my golf bag in Callaway Apex Pro irons, scotty cameron newport putter, and callaway woods, titleist wedges 52, 56, 60. 

I try to find time in every day to practice, i find this tobe a sure fire way to maintain my low handi cap and stay prepared for Golf tournaments

I think I'll be a rubbish tester.

I started playing about six months ago and still have not worked out my mashie from my niblick. My handicap is not a number - it's just me. There were days when my 9 iron flew truer and longer than my driver. Of course, that's been sorted out with a driver fitting. But that 9 iron does not go away and every now and then comes up trumps. I am coming to the view that I should just carry one club - say, a 7 iron - and just go around the course with that. When I have worked out how to do that, I might come back for a second club. 

Any one need a 7 iron tested? Or even a 9 iron? Let me know @GolfSpy_APH. It could be that I am missing a few (all?) of the great recommendations made by @cnosil...

Edited by Green4Spinach

Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4 / Callaway Rogue ST 5FW / Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids / Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW / Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60 / Odyssey White Hot OG 7 / Mizuno RB566

What would make me a great tester? I am almost 65 and am a decent senior golfer. Not every manufacturer is interested in that demographic, and I get that, but for the ones that are interested, I think I pretty well represent amateur senior golfers. We are constantly looking for tech that will help us capture the power and speed that we enjoyed earlier in life.

I live in South Central Texas and am a regular member and officer of an amateur golf association (https://www.missioncitygolf.org) We play our version of competitive golf at least every Saturday, 52 weeks per year. There is no off-season so testing would start this Saturday and the item(s) would be placed into pressure situations right away. Aren't these the conditions under which a manufacturer would like to know the true performance of their device or article?

Further, my testing observations and opinion would benefit not only the MGS community but carry weight in our 100+ member golf association. I realize that marketing isn't the primary purpose of testing, but it sure can't hurt.

I am and have been a student of the game for many years. Curiosity and knowledge drive my pursuit of golf and unfortunately for my scores, I am continually learning and tweaking things. Analysis paralysis, I suppose, but I thoroughly enjoy the technical and design side of things. Perhaps that is a trait that makes me an ideal tester? Or maybe not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for listening.

Driver: Epic Speed Driver - 10.5°, Mitsubishi MMT 70 Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Fairway: MAVRIK 4-Wood - 16.5°, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 70 Graphite, 6.0, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Hybrid: MAVRIK Pro 3 Hybrid - 20°, KBS 70/80 HYB Graphite, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grip

Irons: Srixon Z-585 forged 4-6 iron, Z-785 7-AW Modus3 Tour105, Stiff, Golf Pride MCC grips

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe, 58° & 54° TT Dynamic Gold Spinner, Golf Pride MCC Plus4 grips

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft V, Super Stroke Pistol GT 1.0 grip

Ball: Titleist Pro VIx or Chrome Soft LX Triple track

League: Mission City Golf Association (https://www.missioncitygolf.org)

MCGA_Logo12_trnspbkgd_200X200_96dpi.jpg