Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Tell Us Why You Should Be A Tester!

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Want to really prove you can be a tester? Read this FIRST then comment!

How To Be A Tester Guide!

What makes you different and why would you be the next best tester for MGS Forum?

I’m a 60ish yr old man that recently retired after 36 years in public education. I posted 120+rounds last year and looking forward to 150 this year. I’m a 13 handicap that wants to spent the rest of my life on a golf course.  Would love the opportunity to be a tester so I can help others like me looking for any edge to a Lower score!!

IMG_4414.jpeg

Edited by T-HEAVY

I played golf 20 years ago.  My job took over and I did not have time to play.   Just last year I got back into it.  I am still learning alot and maybe always will be.  I now have the time and resources to enjoy the game.  I think I would be a good tester because I am reading, watching videos and trying new equipment to build MY set of clubs.

Timothy N Wallace

I should be a tester because have been playing for 18 years but suffered a soft tissue shoulder injury when I was playing in high school. I picked up strength training 5 years ago and my swing is back-or close to back- to its former glory. 

Cleveland putter #8

Kirkland wedges

PXG xcor2 irons (p-5)

PXG 0211 4 hyb, 3 wood and Driver

1. I am a data analyst by trade. 
2. I apply that data analyst skill set to golf. Example: I have over 750 rounds in a shots gained analysis software package.

3. I am an early adopter of golf technology. Example: Have been using the auto flex shaft in my driver for years. 
4. I love to find swing aids that can improve my game. (Putting, alignment, exercise drills etc.)

5. I have a mind set that is focused on continual improvement

6. I had a successful career as a customer experience consultant. I look at the world as how does the customer experience and benifit from a product or service

7. I have been a scratch (+1.5 to 1.5 hcp) for 44 years. (1980 to 2024)

8. I have played in 8 USGA  Championships between 1983 and 2024, and have won 2  Florida (FSGA) Championships. All if this means that I know how obsessed golfers can be about improving. 

Bill Barnes 

I would be a great tester.  I play with many other people on shift work like me.  I get out in the middle of the week.  I play in Northwest conditions.  I also get a trip to the Desert and Souther California almost every year.

20221013_115038.jpg

IMG_20230930_203955.jpg

20230515_095613~2.jpg

20221009_115505.jpg

PXG 0211 irons and wedges

PXG Gen 4 3 hybrid

PXG Proto driver

Callaway Rogue 3 wood

TaylorMade Spider putter

All x-stiff

I'd be a good tester because my game covers all aspects of playing golf. I can play like a pro on 1 hole, then play like I've never seen a golf ball in my life. And I believe the products should be reviewed by someone with LOFT to show how the equipment really works in the real world. Any pro can make the equipment perform well. But let a hacker get their hands on it and we'll see how well it works. It's not how well you play your good shots in the game. It's how well you play your bad shots.

JM2C

P790 Irons, Stealth Driver, M5 Fairway woods, Cleveland wedges, Odyssey putter

I have  been a golf nut for 24 years now and i am always trying out new equipment from golf clubs to golf socks. You name it i try it. i am always trying to improve my game from equipment to techniques and also mental game improvement. i always keep stats whether im playing a round or at the range. i like to play by feel anf i think equipment is a personal choice and you have to be very invested in your choices when it comes to equipment, which i am. 

i luv golf, i play and practice every week

i have played in 3 open qualifiers for the pga😀

Walter Flowers

First, thank you MGS for the opportunity and forum you provide to us, bringing data to the forefront of golf equipment. 

As someone who has worked across several processes within an organization, everything comes back to having sound data.  I have an accounting degree combined  with a MBA in Finance which tells the story that I want the data behind me for all situations to ensure I make the best decision possible. 

Again, thank you for the opportunities to learn and help the community!

Wayde Hughey

I'm likely the only guy you know that abused the golf club playability guarantee. I was told by Dicks that I was over my limit of returns so I took my business to the PGA Superstore. I've already owned most major brands of drivers, irons, fairway woods and rescue clubs. In the past year alone, I've purchased AI Smoke, QI-10, Sims 2, Ping G-430, Cobra LTDX Max and Aero-Jet, FW, Drivers and G430 rescues all of them. Irons thus far have been Ping G425, G430, I525, Cobra Tec-X, Titlest T-350 and currently playing Apex forged CB. I've settled for Apex forged CB's, G-430 rescue 2,3,4 only use 2 of the 3, Driver AI Smoke 9*, 3wd and HW. I have 2 Ping PLD putters with toe hang Prime Tyne and Anser 2.  I bought the TM MG Wedges four of them and the Cobra Snakebite CB wedges as well, which work fantastic on dormant soft Bermuda grass by the way. I will switch to my TMG4's in the summer. Thanks to your club reviews, I'm out about 30k minus some trade-ins so you guys owe me. LOL It took a while to settle in on what I like playing with on the course. I don't give a club many chances, I know in a hurry if they are good enough to keep in my bag. I'm 68, life is too short to waste my time golfing with bad clubs. Whoever said you can't buy a game is FOS! I'm a 6 HC now, been playing only a year since my 7 years away from the game. Either way, I love your reviews. Big fan of My Golf Spy, your reviews are much more accurate for consumers, better that the Golf and Golf Digest Magazines Club Tests. Regards, Sonny Beach

Driver Ai Smoke Max 9* set at 8*

3 FW Ai Smoke

HW Ai Smoke

Hybrid G430

Irons Callaway Apex 21 Forged CB

Putter Ping Answer 2 PLD

Wedges Titleist Vokey SM9 56M and 60S

Ball, Vice Pro-Plus 

Handicap 6 

New member here! I have been a bit of a creeper when it comes to MGS ha! I've always come on read and left. Recently decided to join and create an account. I am an avid golfer. Been golfing for about 10 years now. I play in the Southeast, so golfing is year round! I tend to play 2-3 times a week. When it comes to reviewing, I think I would be a good reviewer because of my work. I am a researcher for a University here. So asking questions and looking for answers is LITERALLY what I do, daily. I'm always looking for ways to improve my game. I also am always looking for ways to help beginners. Golf is a big passion of mine. So getting new golfers in the sport is a must.  I am detail oriented. This will help in any reviews I may give. 

Anywho, would love to get to reviewing equipment and such. I think I could be a valued asset to the group.

Z.P.

Thanks ...   I did club repair and custom club building for over 30 years.   Worked with a high school developmental golf program.  Enjoyed success at the club level in winning club championship and other club events.   Currently serve as a rules official with the PGA section as well as the Golf Association of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Golf Association.  Spent 9 years on our club's board of directors, serving as golf chairman and greens chairman.  I'm currently on the golf, greens, architect committees and am the handicap chairman at our club.  Have purchased a few of the training tools and use them to teach others... The inside approach, speed sticks, orange whip, speed fan.    Thanks for the opportunity     Good Luck JohnSteelersGolfPic.jpg.73f48de995aef72977b0ca3b4c7b308c.jpgholeinone-Copy.png.a5bdf4d78f3bd92ad9a339739e99ccb1.pngSpringDerby2014-Copy.jpg.89fea5b4431491ff381a27ab141a1f9a.jpg    

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Been great to see so many pitches from all. 

IMO, The pitches are pretty funny….most all of us play golf (that’s why we are here) and most all of us think we can provide a solid unbiased review.  However, Few say why they are going to be a committed member of the community or even talk about the MGS community 

If I were a newish member writing a why I should be a tester post I would say:

1. I have read the how to be a tester guide and have posted a profile picture and getting involved in the day to day forum activity to show my commitment to the forum and to help everyone get to know me.

2.  I’ve created  a WITB thread with some pictures and video and described why I like or don’t like what’s in my bag. 

3. I’ve started getting involved in the daily posts like how’d you play, what equipment am I thinking about, and what did I practice, and the good morning thread.

4.  I know I may not be picked night away, but hopefully once you get to know me better you can trust that I will do my best to provide a solid review.  

does that help my chances @GolfSpy_APH

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

HEY MGS TEAM! 
My name is Evan and I am super passionate about the science, technology, biomechanics, and over all performance of the newest golf equipment. I am always looking for ways to improve my game but also share my knowledge with other golfers and of course, MGS team. I am very analytical and this has led me to becoming a TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) swing analysis instructor.
I am also an avid vlogger and really enjoy being creative making videos of everyday life and my golf outings. I am able to give detailed and enjoyable content in regards to golf equipment testing with unbiased opinions. ***Check link below***
I would be very appreciative and grateful for any opportunity to contribute to MGS team and the great community of golfers here! 

942D812E-CC2B-4DC3-B73A-0C45B431D998.jpeg

59BDEA01-2AD6-46D7-86B0-DBDA6E700E36.png

5F6235DC-FC5D-4731-9A9D-EAFF653B01B1.jpeg

Thanks,

Evan Suddeth PT, DPT, CSCS, TPI

I am 77 years old and short plus quite a bit plump.  That description fits a lot of golfers my age that have disposable income to spend.  We would rather hear from someone who still swings well but not at 110 mph.  My swing is flexible and about 80MPH or slightly slower but I play golf 4 to 5 days a week and work as a starter at a golf course on Saturday and another golf course on Sunday.  I know about club heads, shafts and balls and understand why people of my age swing differently that those that are 40 to 50 years younger.  I play golf with people from 14 to 94 and enjoy each and everyone. 

Titleist TS 1 Driver Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 16.5 degree 3 wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist  TS2 18 degree 5 Wood Stiff graphite shaft

Titliest TS2--21 degree Hybrid stiff light weight graphite shafts

Titliest T200 regular multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat 5 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 58 stiff multi-material graphite shafts 2 degrees flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Trillium Te3 32" putter

On 2/6/2024 at 8:39 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Come for the testing, stay for the community

That is the best summation ever Jamie!  I have found that when there is gear that I wanted to test but was not chosen to be part of, I needed to become part of the jury - to follow as closely as possible, to chime in on the posts of the testers, to read and ponder data posted.  I have learned much from the viewpoints of others.
 As one who has had two recent testing opportunities, I can say the tests do require significant time and creativity to keep the thread engaging.  It’s fun and also you get to see into the lives of your fellow testers as they are on the same journey as you.  Looking forward to the next opportunity to test should such come my way. 
Here’s a few photos from recent posts: IMG_7643.jpeg.28d5523217018484438526ffe3794fd6.jpegIMG_7647.jpeg.4dba3f8e6de03e01201762fe0a95fba0.jpegIMG_7744.jpeg.ef87cfa4990240fff159b06ef0a27c1b.jpegIMG_7779.jpeg.fd1f8b1b933f9c96270b84c87783e8af.jpegIMG_7843.jpeg.2bb25376a88c3741fc9b46b18298f133.jpeg

IMG_7811.jpeg

IMG_7658.jpeg

Edited by Willie T

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

I have only been golfing for 5 years but its become an addition and not just going out and playing 18 holes or practicing at the range. I have learned im becoming a golf nerd and by that i mean learning all i can about different heads, shafts, grips etc etc. I golf soley for fun but take it pretty serious i started a maybe 40 handicap shooting 125 plus and in less than 5 years im a 12 handicap (it varies between 10 and 14) i shoot in the low 80's on average im about 84 for 18 holes. Not the longest off the tee or the best in any category but man i love to learn and practice 4 days a week and try to play twice a week. I wont lie ive never tested anything before but im a critical thinker and an average golfer. I think i bring a quality of the average golfer the guy who wonders am i good enough to hit this club. Wont know until i try. Either way i will keep signing up and when i get my new brnr mini driver this week i plan to review it maybe i will post my personal review on here and get everyones thoughts good or bad.

The call for "Why I should be a tester" sent a thrill through me, kind of like the exhilarating feeling you get after finally finding your ball nestled amongst the poison ivy (hey, at least it wasn't lost, right?). Let me assure you, I possess qualifications so unique, they might just make your sponsors team do a double take, like witnessing a perfect backspin chip-in from the rough.

First, a disclaimer: while my dedication to the sport is unwavering (think two to three pilgrimages to the course per week, rain or shine, sunscreen or not), my fashion sense might need a slight... recalibration. Picture the minimum acceptable attire that the starter will let me get away with. But hey, at least I'll stand out on the course, right?

Speaking of standing out, I'm not your typical equipment tester. My reviews won't be filled with dry, technical jargon that puts you to sleep faster than a lecture on the history of sand traps. No, I'll deliver the unfiltered truth, from the "This driver is smoother than escaping a handshake with a sweaty stranger" highs to the "This putter makes me question my life choices" lows.

Of course, some might find my unique perspective (think outside the box, or more accurately, outside the sand trap) a bit... unorthodox. Metaphors might take unexpected turns, and puns may fly faster than a rogue driver on a windy day. But hey, at least you'll never be bored!

I may not be the picture-perfect candidate, but I guarantee you this: my application will leave a lasting impression, like a perfectly placed divot on a pristine green; or that hole-in-one that I still haven't found in 50+ years of trying. And who knows, you might even learn a thing or two about the true spirit of the game (and the therapeutic value of bringing a milk carton for friends like Artie who ditch tee times).

PXL_20220411_122235658.MP (1).jpg

:ping-small: G425 Driver

:ping-small: G425 3w

:callaway-small: 2 Hybrid

:srixon-small:  Z585 Irons 3-PW 

467311891_Screenshot2021-12-24002654.jpg.3c87f11fa77f127a10ed922bdcbbcc69.jpg RTX Zipcore 50 Gap, 56 SW, 60 LW

:odyssey-small: 2 ball Putter

:taylormade-small: Maxfli Tour Balls

Ah, unfortunately I'm not a video or photo guy.  But, I live in Florida and play 3 times a week at various courses under various conditions.  I am an average guy that loves the game, try new clubs about every three years, have 4 pairs of shoes that I rotate (ECCO), play mostly Callaway gear and Titleist balls.  I have 6 holes in one.  My handicap is 11.

Dave Mueller

Sure, I have been playing golf for many years. My first clubs had wooden shafts. Today I play with modern state of the art equipment. 
Where?  Some of the best courses in the world and too, a few that were designed by a clown. 
I can offer a perspective that many lack. I look forward to presenting my take on upcoming equipment. 
Thanks, RanMan

I am a retired avid golfer that plays year round on many different private, semi-private and public courses with a group of other avid golfers. That being said any product sent for testing would be tested by several golfers not just a single golfer giving you more bang for your buck. During my working years I was responsible for analyzing and evaluating new suppliers and products to help improve and strengthen our companies products. Part of this responsibility included writing and presenting this information to upper management in both written and oral presentations. If given the opportunity you can rest assured you will get a complete and through evaluation of the product sent for testing. 

I guess first, I have played golf for over 50 yrs, got as low as a 4 handicap and probably set around a 9-10 now. 
Am I an expert, no, but I know the game and all aspects and feel I can give an unbiased opinion on all areas. 
I learn knew things about golf every time I tee it up so I am still a student of the game. I love tinkering and seeing if something is better than what I’m playing. 
Thanks

Steve Martak

I’m a former baseball player and beginner golfer. I, like many others, are new to the game and would like to see non-seasoned players test some stuff out.  I’m also left-handed which despite only representing 5% of the worlds golfers, still has quite a lot of players to reach.  I think Id make a good candidate with the right equipment to test.  

In golf, the most important distance is the five inches between the ears. - Bobby Jones 

Played since age 8, high school / college teams, toured 7 years professionally, over 40 years in the golf industry, had my own golf TV show, currently have live golf radio show each week, golf instructor since 1987, write golf, invent golf products, built multi-million dollar golf business, Always provide forward input and always think outside the box, 1.8 USGA Hdcp., expert club fitted certified by all major mfgrs., expert on the swing, know the game inside and out.

In the golf industry over 40 years.

played since age 8.

Low round 63, 3 rounds at 29.

Expert in most all aspects of the game; equipment, fitting, instruction.

Host golf radio show.

Because I’m not special.

Like pretty much everyone in this thread, I’ve played golf for years since buying my first set of clubs (legit persimmon woods and blade irons likely from the 70s in a golf bag that was literally coming to pieces as I ran home thrilled to pay $5 for something I had only seen on TV). When I found those decade old balls in the bag and began chopping up my father’s yard, I had no clue what was I was doing but the ball went forward. Then, it happened and I’ve been dedicated to the game ever since…I swung the iron marked with a 7, hit a ball that literally flew over my neighbor’s house and disappeared one street over. I ran inside terrified that I’d either killed somebody or broken a window, you know, things an 11-year old me knew would get me killed. When no one was heard screaming in the 10 minutes that followed, I retrieved my club, hid inside for another good hour, and then proceeded to beg, I mean BEG, my mom and dad to take me somewhere to play this game they knew nothing about so I could feel that feeling again. 

My swing has been homemade from day 1. I did manage to get it decent enough to break 100 by the time I went to high school and asked the athletic director if we had a golf team and if so, how could I try out. His response: “If you can find 4 other guys who can play golf, I’ll figure out where the district tournament is and I’ll drive you there.” I managed to find 4 other guys. We came in dead last, but my high school had a golf team every year after that and I made regionals my senior year. My first job may have been at a local grocery store, but you can bet that when I went to college and was closer to San Antonio, my next job was as Nevada Bob’s Golf. Loved working there…still my favorite job I’ve ever had.

I tried to play in college, but like most other people here, I never was good enough to make the team at D-III Texas Lutheran (though I did make 4th alternate my junior year and got a ton of free golf out of it). My college roommate won D-III nationals our senior year and is a PGA teaching professional now…but that’s as close as I ever got to professional golf.

I’ve continued to play as much as possible for the last 20 years post-college and love what golf has given me. My wife plays and it was the impetus for our first date. I’ve made countless friends on course, some for a day and some for a lifetime, and my kiddos are 10 and 8 and have had clubs in their hands since they were in diapers (although my 8 year old is more about eating all the snacks than actually teeing off when we play).

Like everyone who has posted, I’ve dropped a ton of dollars into this game. I probably could have paid for a nice used car with all the money I’ve spent chasing par (and golf balls lost to eternity). That said, I read more about the fancy new equipment than I spend actual money on it. Though I’ve chased more than a few drivers in my life, I played my Cleveland TA3s from college until 2019, when I finally was convinced by this awesome MyGolfSpy website to get fitted for clubs. I’m still playing most of those (though I just replaced the Epic Flash driver I was fitted with with a Cobra Aerojet LS…oh…gotta update my signature…) and got Edison wedges because I absolutely hated my TaylorMade MG4s (sorry MGS, I know they were best wedge, but I hit them thin thin thin and got tired of blading them over greens). I may look to update my irons soon as my Callaway Apex 19s are great, but my dispersion with them bugs me. You know, blame the equipment and not the homemade swing…like every other golfer on here.

So, as noted, I’m nothing special and likely similar to many others who have posted on this thread. I can list my handicap (currently 6.7), I can tell you I have access to year round golf living in Texas, I can say I live on 35 acres so I have my own personal driving range (so long as the cows do their job and keep the grass short enough), I can say I have a Rapsodo MLM2 Pro and a Haack Pro net and a random Amazon 5x3 mat so I can give you all sorts of data and everything you would need to be a great tester. I can also, like many others posting, say how much of an honor it would be to be chosen (I’d finally end my streak of disappointments when testers are announced).

All of it is true!!! I’m not special.

But I love to write, I love to storytelling (I’m a bard through and through), I love this site and darn it if I wouldn’t love helping other not special golfers just like me to get some personal perspective on some equipment that might make them 1 or 2 shots better, or have a drive or a putt to brag about, or just make their round a bit more enjoyable. At the end of the day, if my review could help someone, then I have actually done something special. That would mean the world to me.

IMG_4468.jpeg

IMG_4288.jpeg

IMG_1792.jpeg

Edited by frazzman80

Currently in the bag:

Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Cobra LTDx 3 wood 14* | Callaway Utility Wood 17* and 21* | Callaway Apex ‘19 forged 5-PW | Edison 2.0 wedges 49*, 53*, 57* | LAB DF2.1 Broomstick 50” | Transrover bag

Why should I be a tester? This is a great topic and honestly I think I would be a great tester because I’m honest. I will not be afraid to speak about the product, good, great, or bad. I would be very humble in the fact that I was chosen and use all of my golf knowledge to build the best and most honest report. I have been playing golf for almost 20 years and went to school to learn more about it. I’m not the best player but I love this game and want the chance to give back to it

Cobra LTDx LS x stiff

srixon ZX x stiff 3 wood

cobra LTDX 3 hybrid x stiff

cobra forged tech x irons

taylormade mg3 60, 56, 50

bettinardi Matt kuchar putter

Golfer for 50 years.  Play 200+ rounds per year.  Equipment junkie, play in all weather conditions and all over the world.  4 handicap.  Degrees in Statistics and worked at NASA, NORAD, and IBM designing experiments until retiring in 2020.  Have access to an indoor simulator if necessary for comparison.  Let’s do this!

IMG_4759.jpeg

Edited by George Stark
Uploaded image

I feel that being a tester is a responsibility to the the  community or brand that I am representing.  I have to ask myself, what honest feedback can I provide and what would I want to hear about the product I am testing?   I have done testing in the past for MyGolfSpy, as well as leading golf brands.  I am retired and play golf Mon/Wed/Fri in a Sr Men's league.  I have the time and means to test what ever products are presented to me.  You might say I have tested most leading brands on the market over the years, clubs, apparel, balls and and gear, thru trial and error, until I settled on on my current brands.  I have played golf all over the world, worked as a TOUR volunteer for over 30 years and have a very understanding of the game of golf.   I believe in this wonderful game, playing for the fun of it, have played competitively and would like to opportunity to test products and share that experience of new products, with who may not have been around golf as long as I have.  I feel I can be an asset to the testing program as I did in the one test I did participate in successfully.  Appreciate any consideration.         

Driver - TSi3 10.75* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TR

Fairway - TSi2 14.25* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.1 

Fairway - TSR1 17.0* - Fujikura Vista Pro 65S

Hybrid - TSR1 19.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75  

Hybrid - TSR1 23.0* - Fujikura Atmos Red Tour 75

Irons - T350 (2023) - 5-48W - True Temper AMT Red 95g-107g

Wedges - Vokey SM9 - 52.08F, 56.10S - True Temper AMT Red 94 

**  GolfPride MCC +4 Midsize Grips  (all woods/irons/wedges)

Putter - 2023 Scotty Cameron Super Select Squareback 2 35" 

**  Superstroke 1.0 Pistol Grip  

Golf Ball - TITLEIST - Prov1 (2023)                                                         

Golf Bags - TITLEIST  - Cart 14 (black), Mid Size Tour (black/white)

Golf Glove - FootJoy (StaSof), Shoes, Apparel and Outerwear        

Rangefinder - Bushnell Pro XE