Edel Array Putters . 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

25 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

First Impressions 9/10

I have been excitedly awaiting the arrival of my Array blade putter for what feels like a month. I got fit at the end of February, and Bryan confirmed our orders on March 4. Edel’s website says that orders ship within two weeks. I received my putter on March 26; the packing slip says that the order was placed on March 7 and checking the tracking number, the putter shipped on March 22, almost exactly two weeks. I deducted one point because I never received any communication about the shipment.

The box bears the Edel logo prominently on one side,

IMG_3405.jpeg.0c23babc66809bdab8a6496a806e5991.jpeg

and the inside of the box has a very nice, branded liner. The putter was securely fastened with cellophane to a piece of folded cardboard, ensuring that the putter head would remain immobile.

IMG_3406.jpeg.2a76de38d2a8808a517420966eb01289.jpeg

Perhaps most surprising on opening the box was the included head cover, which struck me as abnormally large. It is well-padded, and has a simple elegance to it, with a black field, the Edel name in script on the end, with Array in smaller font on one side. 

IMG_3420.jpeg.2ec678f4c93ac1f257605d9c242bf5f7.jpeg

Assuming I keep this putter, I would strongly consider keeping the head cover instead of swapping out for something else, like the blade cover from MGS’s store. Readers, let me know which one you would rock.

The head has a black matte finish that I really like. I chose the single alignment line, as I think it provides a stark contrast to the matte finish and makes it easy for me to gauge my direction.

IMG_3411.jpeg.ad8c4bcac6086326e05a8aa893512b1b.jpeg

The back of the head has a clean look with the Edel name on the back of the putting surface, and the Array name and model (B-1) on each side. I don’t like the B on the B-1, as it looks like part of it chipped, but it’s just the font style.

IMG_3412.jpeg.fa73071af16ef2b2620a4ccb473bc71c.jpeg

I chose a single bend hosel, which gives the putter the least amount of toe hang. I found in my fitting that I tend to slightly close the face through impact, so my hope is that the toe hang will help me keep the face more square.

Edel prides itself in its customization options, both in hosel and weight. The blade’s standard weight is 365 grams; in my fitting, we determined that a good weight for me is 360 grams. I ordered my putter with 10 gram weights, giving the putter a total weight of 355 grams. 

Photo

I will specially pay attention to my putting speed during testing. If the 355 grams is too light, it would be pretty easy to swap the weights out (assuming I can order them from Edel separately from the putter).

IMG_3409.jpeg.3ab9844524063d5754014e682575808e.jpeg

The putter has a milled face, which I have never used. My gamer has an insert, so I expect the ball to come off the face a bit hotter. 

IMG_3413.jpeg.0111219ab070e5f8504c49f2ff766b11.jpeg

Finally, I chose the Edel flat standard grip. I really like the look of the grip, which is understated (much like the head cover). The flat side is textured and reminds me of the milled face, which I think is really cool.

IMG_3414.jpeg.e383f2dcf1c490e818342c2bda8f0c0a.jpeg

The end cap is slightly rounded.

IMG_3418.jpeg.006d20fc9f4c25c7797a00efdef72099.jpeg

I use Shot Scope tags, and my putter tag does not fit in my gamer putter. I hope that the tag fits the Array, but I also would guess that using the manual putting tracker on my X5 is more accurate than the tag. Problem is that I frequently forget to mark my putts on my watch. 

With Easter coming up (in my faith tradition, we start celebrating tomorrow, Thursday), I will not be able to really start testing until early next week. I plan to do some speed tests at the practice facility while my son is at First Tee. I will also begin with my own laser alignment tests on my Birdie Ball putting mat. Look for some updates next week!

Nice unboxing! I will agree with you on the font stuff. Not only does the B look a little off, but they use three different fonts on the back of the putter... which is bold decision, imo. Aside from that, the putter looks amazing... I will probably say that about every Edel product lol. As far as the headcover choice goes, you definitely can't go wrong with either, but that Spy one takes a few strokes off your putting, so I hear.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I just updated my main post with my fitting experience and first impressions. Please check it out.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cleveland-small: Zipcore XL 6-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

32 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I just updated my main post with my fitting experience and first impressions. Please check it out.

Nice write-up! 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

13 hours ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

First Impressions 9/10

I have been excitedly awaiting the arrival of my Array blade putter for what feels like a month. I got fit at the end of February, and Bryan confirmed our orders on March 4. Edel’s website says that orders ship within two weeks. I received my putter on March 26; the packing slip says that the order was placed on March 7 and checking the tracking number, the putter shipped on March 22, almost exactly two weeks. I deducted one point because I never received any communication about the shipment.

The box bears the Edel logo prominently on one side,

IMG_3405.jpeg.0c23babc66809bdab8a6496a806e5991.jpeg

and the inside of the box has a very nice, branded liner. The putter was securely fastened with cellophane to a piece of folded cardboard, ensuring that the putter head would remain immobile.

IMG_3406.jpeg.2a76de38d2a8808a517420966eb01289.jpeg

Perhaps most surprising on opening the box was the included head cover, which struck me as abnormally large. It is well-padded, and has a simple elegance to it, with a black field, the Edel name in script on the end, with Array in smaller font on one side. 

IMG_3420.jpeg.2ec678f4c93ac1f257605d9c242bf5f7.jpeg

Assuming I keep this putter, I would strongly consider keeping the head cover instead of swapping out for something else, like the blade cover from MGS’s store. Readers, let me know which one you would rock.

The head has a black matte finish that I really like. I chose the single alignment line, as I think it provides a stark contrast to the matte finish and makes it easy for me to gauge my direction.

IMG_3411.jpeg.ad8c4bcac6086326e05a8aa893512b1b.jpeg

The back of the head has a clean look with the Edel name on the back of the putting surface, and the Array name and model (B-1) on each side. I don’t like the B on the B-1, as it looks like part of it chipped, but it’s just the font style.

IMG_3412.jpeg.fa73071af16ef2b2620a4ccb473bc71c.jpeg

I chose a single bend hosel, which gives the putter the least amount of toe hang. I found in my fitting that I tend to slightly close the face through impact, so my hope is that the toe hang will help me keep the face more square.

Edel prides itself in its customization options, both in hosel and weight. The blade’s standard weight is 365 grams; in my fitting, we determined that a good weight for me is 360 grams. I ordered my putter with 10 gram weights, giving the putter a total weight of 355 grams.

IMG_3409.jpeg.3ab9844524063d5754014e682575808e.jpeg

I will specially pay attention to my putting speed during testing. If the 355 grams is too light, it would be pretty easy to swap the weights out (assuming I can order them from Edel separately from the putter).

The putter has a milled face, which I have never used. My gamer has an insert, so I expect the ball to come off the face a bit hotter. 

IMG_3413.jpeg.0111219ab070e5f8504c49f2ff766b11.jpeg

Finally, I chose the Edel flat standard grip. I really like the look of the grip, which is understated (much like the head cover). The flat side is textured and reminds me of the milled face, which I think is really cool.

IMG_3414.jpeg.e383f2dcf1c490e818342c2bda8f0c0a.jpeg

The end cap is slightly rounded.

IMG_3418.jpeg.006d20fc9f4c25c7797a00efdef72099.jpeg

I use Shot Scope tags, and my putter tag does not fit in my gamer putter. I hope that the tag fits the Array, but I also would guess that using the manual putting tracker on my X5 is more accurate than the tag. Problem is that I frequently forget to mark my putts on my watch. 

With Easter coming up (in my faith tradition, we start celebrating tomorrow, Thursday), I will not be able to really start testing until early next week. I plan to do some speed tests at the practice facility while my son is at First Tee. I will also begin with my own laser alignment tests on my Birdie Ball putting mat. Look for some updates next week!

Looks great!  Love the look of the Blade!  

Just as an FYI, it's not uncommon for us to not get tracking updates or order updates on member testing as for some companies the orders go through the marketing departments and not the standard order process.

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Looks great!  Love the look of the Blade!  

Just as an FYI, it's not uncommon for us to not get tracking updates or order updates on member testing as for some companies the orders go through the marketing departments and not the standard order process.

Good to know. I hesitated on whether I would deduct. I saw that for last year's Edel irons test, our testers received a shipment email, so decided to deduct just one point.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

I played my 1st round yesterday with the F-3. This was the 1st time I played this course and I did not have my best green reading day. Overall, I was pleased with my putting. Most of my misses inside 10 feet were due to under or over reading the break. I did have a tendency to leave the longer putts short, so I need to spend some more time on the practice green and commit to getting the ball past the hole. Another thing I need to work on is staying focused and sticking to my routine on short putts. I had a terrible day off the tee and towards the end of the round I just lost interest and kind of swiped at a couple of short ones coming in and pushed them right. 

Array F-3 

25 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I played my 1st round yesterday with the F-3. This was the 1st time I played this course and I did not have my best green reading day. Overall, I was pleased with my putting. Most of my misses inside 10 feet were due to under or over reading the break. I did have a tendency to leave the longer putts short, so I need to spend some more time on the practice green and commit to getting the ball past the hole. Another thing I need to work on is staying focused and sticking to my routine on short putts. I had a terrible day off the tee and towards the end of the round I just lost interest and kind of swiped at a couple of short ones coming in and pushed them right. 

Always tough to judge putting performance when playing an unfamiliar course. Sounds like you have a good sense for which ones were due to that unfamiliarity versus not being used to the putter. 

How does the F-3 compare in weight to your gamer?

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

37 minutes ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Always tough to judge putting performance when playing an unfamiliar course. Sounds like you have a good sense for which ones were due to that unfamiliarity versus not being used to the putter. 

How does the F-3 compare in weight to your gamer?

The Edel is 54 grams heavier in total weight,  but it is 15 points lighter on my swing weight scale.

Edited by Parshooter36

Array F-3 

I played my first round with the F-3 and results were better than I could have expected, made more 6-9 footers than I have in months , I did 3 putt twice from over 50 feet uphill but believe it’s due to lack of reps . I realized the he prediction of my fitting what was said , I would get more distance with much less effort . That cost me a couple putts that I struck too hard . The overall result from yesterday was - where I aimed it is where it went -that felt awesome 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

It's truly amazing where technology has put us. In all aspects of golf!

15+ years ago we went strictly off feel and looks with putters. 

Seeing these data backed fittings is truly a wonderment to me!

Looking forward to how it all translates to real play for everyone!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

For all those who have done an Edel fitting - do you think other OEMs or companies should look at this process more closely and try to resemble it in some form or fashion? Do you think consumers in general would benefit from that?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

11 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

I played my first round with the F-3 and results were better than I could have expected, made more 6-9 footers than I have in months , I did 3 putt twice from over 50 feet uphill but believe it’s due to lack of reps . I realized the he prediction of my fitting what was said , I would get more distance with much less effort . That cost me a couple putts that I struck too hard . The overall result from yesterday was - where I aimed it is where it went -that felt awesome 

Let’s see some photos of that beauty!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Need to communicate with my tech person, as I’m having issues getting pictures loaded , converted to pdf file but I’m missing a step so as soon as I talk with them I’ll be loading up bunch of them .

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

25 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For all those who have done an Edel fitting - do you think other OEMs or companies should look at this process more closely and try to resemble it in some form or fashion? Do you think consumers in general would benefit from that?

Definitely something OEM could benefit from though it could result in fewer putters sold since a fitted putter would stay in your bag much longer - the aiming with the Edel after the fitting is so effective for me , I’m excited to get on with play and testing this coming week 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

8 hours ago, GolfSpy AFG said:

S&M Direction.png

On the very positive side, I'm exceedingly consistent in my stroke. However, among many other observations you can glean from these, I'm consistently aiming the face a bit closed at impact, my path is a bit outside in, and I'm delivering a LOT of loft at impact. As a result, I'm pulling putts and my speed control is suffering due to my putts being a little too airborne.

I'm a little confused.   your diagrams show face consistently open at impact but you wrote you are closed at impact.   The path doesn't have a huge influence on ball direction and ball direction even shows it goes right.     Makes me wonder how you are pulling putts; everything shows they should be going right.  

38 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I think Edel fittings are good,  but not everyone in the putting industry believes in the approach and not every player believes that the fitting will provide benefit.   For example, the putter or player analogy people would say that its not the putter and the  player should be able to putt with anything.  Players would also complain about looks even though the putter may perform significantly better than something that looks "good" to them.   All of this probably depends on where you fit in the mechanics vs. feel balance.   Lets look at someone like Tiger that sets up open and tries to hook his putts;  an Edel fitting would probably destroy his putting.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 3/27/2024 at 12:01 PM, Woodrow72 said:

Well it’s been a fabulous day , I make my 5th hole in one today ( 3 in 11 months ) and get home and I have an Edel box waiting on me outside on my spare golf cart , blessings abound today !! I’ll be posting pics of the box opening later as I’ve not opened yet and it’s like Christmas ! 

A 15 making 3 hole in 1’s in 11 months, remind me not to get in a match with you.

Congrats!

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It was definitely the most thorough putter fitting I have been through. I've never been through an OEM specific fitting other than my LAB virtual fitting I did a couple of years ago. I know a guy that went through a Seemore fitting a few years ago, I will have to trade notes with him and see how the fittings compare.

Array F-3 

1 hour ago, Harry Pearson said:

A 15 making 3 hole in 1’s in 11 months, remind me not to get in a match with you.

Congrats!

Wasn’t always a15 but still have some good moves in me once in a while , if only I could do it every swing 😂

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As someone who hasn't been able to book an Edel fitting yet I would say it's probably not the most ideal process for other OEM's to copy.  If you want more people to be fit to your products availability and cost are huge factors.  I'm sure Edel will appear in more locations if the Array is a hit with consumers, but for right now it's difficult to find a fitter nearby and all of them or on the higher end of the scale cost-wise.

Ideally I'd like to see a tiered model for putter fitting:

• Self trials at the big box stores - free
  • 15 minute talk with employees - minimal cost and/or free for rewards members
  • Any type of technology involved in a 30 minute fitting - moderate cost ($50?)
  • Full fledged hour+ fitting at a specialty shop (Club Champion, Golftec, etc) = $100

Right now to get fit for an Edel Array your only option is the fourth bullet point.

Edited by Bucky CC

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 10.5°, Kai'li Red X
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, Evnroll Tourtac grip

51 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

As someone who hasn't been able to book an Edel fitting yet I would say it's probably not the most ideal process for other OEM's to copy.  If you want more people to be fit to your products availability and cost are huge factors.  I'm sure Edel will appear in more locations if the Array is a hit with consumers, but for right now it's difficult to find a fitter nearby and all of them or on the higher end of the scale cost-wise.

• Full fledged hour+ fitting at a specialty shop (Club Champion, Golftec, etc) = $100

Right now to get fit for an Edel Array your only option is the fourth bullet point.

My Club Champion was $125 and worth it , it’s much like most things you get done professionally, you get what you pay for most of the time .

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

5 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

The think with the Edel fitting process is so do the whole thing you need at least an hour so hard to have any of the first 3. 

9 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The main thing I think others should adopt is the aiming aspect of the fitting. Most fittings I see all talk about stroke and what type putter you need for that stroke. That is all important as well. But as someone who used to work in the industry mainly on the teaching side. Most issues come from compensations and the first and most common compensation I would see stemmed from alignment and putting is no different. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

8 minutes ago, ZackS said:

The main thing I think others should adopt is the aiming aspect of the fitting. Most fittings I see all talk about stroke and what type putter you need for that stroke. That is all important as well. But as someone who used to work in the industry mainly on the teaching side. Most issues come from compensations and the first and most common compensation I would see stemmed from alignment and putting is no different. 

Stroke is definitely less important than face angle almost to the point of being meaningless since it influences ball direction by 5-15% depending on who you read.   What I think isn't discussed enough with Edel or most any putter OEM is face angle at impact.   I can aim perfectly every time but if the face doesn't return to the correct angle the putt will go offline.   This could be "fixed" by saying that the player needs to return the face to the same orientation as the perfect aim that Edel helps you establish.   We could look at many PGA pros; I know they are really different and we shouldn't compare since they have and continue to practice what they do,  that don't aim the face perfectly.     

Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Stroke is definitely less important than face angle almost to the point of being meaningless since it influences ball direction by 5-15% depending on who you read.   What I think isn't discussed enough with Edel or most any putter OEM is face angle at impact.   I can aim perfectly every time but if the face doesn't return to the correct angle the putt will go offline.   This could be "fixed" by saying that the player needs to return the face to the same orientation as the perfect aim that Edel helps you establish.   We could look at many PGA pros; I know they are really different and we shouldn't compare since they have and continue to practice what they do,  that don't aim the face perfectly.     

Your right at the end of the day face angle at impact and being able to repeat that is the most important. This is why you have many different swings and putting strokes among the world’s best. And for someone who can do that with poor starting alignment you don’t change. The reason I focus on starting alignment as much as I do is compensation breeds inconsistencies even in the world’s best. It’s just they can repeat that compensation at such a constant level you would not make huge changes at that point because of the amount of time it would take to change and get back to their current repeatability. But let’s face it none of us are on that level of body control and or have the time needed to ingrain it to that level. So eliminating as much competition as possible is usually the best path and alignment despite being a very common problem is one of the easiest to fix and practice. As a side note on this subject as well the above is not taking in account compensations that have to be made for physical limitations which of course have to be taken account for when necessary. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

26 minutes ago, ZackS said:

Your right at the end of the day face angle at impact and being able to repeat that is the most important. This is why you have many different swings and putting strokes among the world’s best. And for someone who can do that with poor starting alignment you don’t change. The reason I focus on starting alignment as much as I do is compensation breeds inconsistencies even in the world’s best. It’s just they can repeat that compensation at such a constant level you would not make huge changes at that point because of the amount of time it would take to change and get back to their current repeatability. But let’s face it none of us are on that level of body control and or have the time needed to ingrain it to that level. So eliminating as much competition as possible is usually the best path and alignment despite being a very common problem is one of the easiest to fix and practice. As a side note on this subject as well the above is not taking in account compensations that have to be made for physical limitations which of course have to be taken account for when necessary. 

100% 

On 3/5/2024 at 1:33 PM, Bucky CC said:

Right now I have an Evnroll TourTac 90g putter grip on my Odyssey putter.  I've also used SuperStroke Pistol 1.0 grips a fair amount in the past.  I wouldn't mind going with one of the Edel dual layered grips but we'll see how they feel when I have my fitting in less than 2 weeks.

I used the Super Stroke 2.5 but the fitting pro determined I needed a smaller oversized , so the Edel grip was the correct one - my previous fitting also fitted me with a bit larger grip but not the Super Size grip so I’m guessing it’s pretty consistent with my needs 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

I'm a little confused.   your diagrams show face consistently open at impact but you wrote you are closed at impact.   The path doesn't have a huge influence on ball direction and ball direction even shows it goes right.     Makes me wonder how you are pulling putts; everything shows they should be going right.  

I think Edel fittings are good,  but not everyone in the putting industry believes in the approach and not every player believes that the fitting will provide benefit.   For example, the putter or player analogy people would say that its not the putter and the  player should be able to putt with anything.  Players would also complain about looks even though the putter may perform significantly better than something that looks "good" to them.   All of this probably depends on where you fit in the mechanics vs. feel balance.   Lets look at someone like Tiger that sets up open and tries to hook his putts;  an Edel fitting would probably destroy his putting.   

How you feeling?  I hope recovering well.  My foot is healing very nicely.  I'm working on swing mechanics anyway, retracting my left shoulder at the same time as keeping the left arm straight on backswing.  Just part of my challenge, being pretty hunchbacked with uneven upper body muscles. 

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

3 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

How you feeling?  I hope recovering well.  My foot is healing very nicely.  I'm working on swing mechanics anyway, retracting my left shoulder at the same time as keeping the left arm straight on backswing.  Just part of my challenge, being pretty hunchbacked with uneven upper body muscles. 

Keep healing,  keep practicing!  Hopefully recovery will be easier as you go!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.