Edel Array Putters . 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Seems like you had a good experience!  You probably would have needed to reinforce you wanted a different look, especially since your alignment was spot on.  Sounds like it was comprehensive from the stand point of locking down the putter, it's just that you ended up not needing to try a bunch of the different shapes.

My favorite thing coming out of fittings is always the knowledge I've gained about my own swing and stroke.  I find it helps me have a better idea of if something may or may not work for me.  Of course, I also like to try lots of different clubs anyway.  I'm just curious like that!

I still want to find these somewhere I can give them a roll!

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Seems like you had a good experience!  You probably would have needed to reinforce you wanted a different look, especially since your alignment was spot on.  Sounds like it was comprehensive from the stand point of locking down the putter, it's just that you ended up not needing to try a bunch of the different shapes.

My favorite thing coming out of fittings is always the knowledge I've gained about my own swing and stroke.  I find it helps me have a better idea of if something may or may not work for me.  Of course, I also like to try lots of different clubs anyway.  I'm just curious like that!

I still want to find these somewhere I can give them a roll!

I've only ever had club fittings not putter fittings, very good idea, maybe I should do that as my putting isn't great & that could be the reason why...great post thank you

I love my Callaway Paradym Driver, 3 wood & 4 hybrid aswell as my 6-lw irons, but I'm struggling with my taylormade spider. But will get there 🤣

4 minutes ago, Despdan1 said:

I've only ever had club fittings not putter fittings, very good idea, maybe I should do that as my putting isn't great & that could be the reason why...great post thank you

I would absolutely recommend a good putter fitting!  It can make such a difference for your consistency, which is going to lead to better putting on the greens just from getting something you start consistently on your aim line and matches your stroke to produce consistency roll and distance.  

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Reading through all these updates today makes me really jealous you guys have already had your fittings.  Mine is scheduled for March 16th, so I have a ways to go yet.

Thanks to the unseasonably warm weather in Wisconsin I was able to go out and play a round this morning with my current gamer.  I ended up with 35 putts (1 three putt), but the greens were still covered with sand from the winter.  It's really hard to gauge speed putting through these. 

image.png.afca7f7865eca046064fd4cb9cf46120.png

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

17 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Reading through all these updates today makes me really jealous you guys have already had your fittings.  Mine is scheduled for March 16th, so I have a ways to go yet.

Thanks to the unseasonably warm weather in Wisconsin I was able to go out and play a round this morning with my current gamer.  I ended up with 35 putts (1 three putt), but the greens were still covered with sand from the winter.  It's really hard to gauge speed putting through these. 

image.png.afca7f7865eca046064fd4cb9cf46120.png

Well at least you have it to look forward to , I was extremely fortunate that they opened a club Champion here in The Villages about a year ago and was able to get right in ( drove my golf cart there ) and the Master Fitter was excellent, had a friend that had the other fitter and wasn’t thrilled with him but the guy I got is great . I’m sure your fitting will be stellar and you’ll be rolling along soon ! 

Edited by Woodrow72

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Edel Array Putters . 2024 Forum Review

I rolled a few more with the F-3 after my lesson at GolfTec this weekend. I can't wait to get this putter in hand so I can start testing.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

22 minutes ago, Parshooter36 said:

I rolled a few more with the F-3 after my lesson at GolfTec this weekend. I can't wait to get this putter in hand so I can start testing.

I'm excited for your test - I like the look of the F-3 better than the other mallets. I bet it performs better than its rad looks.

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Odyssey stroke lab r-ball mallet

Question for the testers.  How long does it take for you to adjust to the new putters?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

7 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Question for the testers.  How long does it take for you to adjust to the new putters?

Well I don’t have it yet but usually I can get it figured out in a few practice sessions and a few rounds on the course if not sooner , since I switched to an old gamer after my fitting distance control has been off but I’m expecting that to be much better when I receive my test gamer 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

9 hours ago, Rob Person said:

In the past 10' and in has been almost immediate with a new putter.  Where it usually takes more work for me is for longer putts; making sure I lag them close enough to the hole where I don't have a ton of knee knockers left.

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200

10 hours ago, Rob Person said:

It does not take me long at all. The greens on my home course are fairly slow, but I play once a week with my dad and at his course the greens are as fast as I play all year. As long as I can spend a few minutes on the practice green before the round I can adjust to the speed most of the time. I am going from an insert putter to a milled face putter, so it will be an adjustment but I don't expect it will be a problem.

Array F-3 

I’ve been mostly a milled face putter style guy for many years and I agree 10’ and in usually are really good with a putter that fits , the lag putts are my challenge and that where I’m-counting  on this new gamer to have a huge benefit . My ball striking is getting better but 3 putts are holding me back 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

I'm bored and anxiously awaiting for this testing to kick off...

So, what putter grip do you testers typically use and were you able to get that same option or did you go with one of the Edel dual layer grips?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Just now, TSauer said:

So, what putter grip do you testers typically use and were you able to get that same option or did you go with one of the Edel dual layer grips?

I am generally a mid-size pistol grip guy, which they didn't have as an option. I decided to go all in on the Edel philosophy and went with the round standard grip. I am very interested to see how I get on with it, but I have a spare Golf Pride Tour SNSR grip just in case.

Array F-3 

15 hours ago, Woodrow72 said:

Well the saga continues , after switching to a different putter that was driven by my fitting session , I played pretty well except for the 39 putts I had today so really  anticipating the arrival of my Edel test putter to see how much a difference it will make. I will be plotting my putting stats as I progress on this test and plan on pics to highlight many areas , it’s all on me and I’m hoping I can show a huge difference 

Are you plotting stats (beyond raw number of putts) now? If you had 39 putts, but your average first putt was from 50+ feet away, the number wouldn't be egregious. Regardless, looking forward to seeing what comes from the Edel.

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

14 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Agree with @Bucky CC , @Parshooter36, and @Woodrow72 that I expect the adjustment to be quick.

@TSauer I have whatever came with my gamer (Odyssey Stroke Lab R-ball). It's a bit slimmer than I would like. You can get a Superstroke grip, but I have never used one and was pretty comfortable with the Edel dual layer flat grip. So, I opted for that.

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

50 minutes ago, TSauer said:

I usually game the SuperStroke Flatso 1.0.  It’s available with the Array, so I went with it again.  I liked the Edel stock grips fine, but it was one area where the fitter didn’t really care and said to go with comfort and familiarity, so there it is.  

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

Right now I have an Evnroll TourTac 90g putter grip on my Odyssey putter.  I've also used SuperStroke Pistol 1.0 grips a fair amount in the past.  I wouldn't mind going with one of the Edel dual layered grips but we'll see how they feel when I have my fitting in less than 2 weeks.

On 2/20/2024 at 9:20 AM, Woodrow72 said:

Hi everyone I’m Woodrow 72 , my name is Garen and I am very fortunate to have been chosen to test the Edel Fitting system . My goal is to honestly give feedback on this project that will benefit one and all . I have been playing golf since 1969 , am retired and play 4-5 days a week year round . We live in The Villages  Florida for 9 months , then summer bird to Ohio when it’s beastly here . I encourage you each to ask specific questions if my reviews aren’t covering anything that fills your needs .  I am super pumped for this review test as my putting has slipped recently  and this could be my value saving item ! 

What State is your game in? What are your putting tendencies? And what are the current putters you have or prefer to use?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What State is your game in? What are your putting tendencies? And what are the current putters you have or prefer to use?

My game is rounding into shape , I hit 13 greens in regulation which is good for me , changed from my mallet double bend Scottie since during my fitting it was determined that it really didn’t fit my stroke path to a Wilson Windy City  that  I had  in the closet since it was the length I needed , but my distance control with it was worse than my mallet due to lack of familiarity . I three  putted  from 50 feet  4 times on the back leaving putts 10-7 feet short .  Literally turned an easy 74/75  round into an 82 . My putting has been pretty steady but not making anything of substance for the last couple months , so after being a pretty steady decent putter for quite a few years , it suddenly started holding be back ( missed 4 easy birdies in the 82). For a 73 year old fellow that’s pretty athletic for my age that bites 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

29 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

My game is rounding into shape , I hit 13 greens in regulation which is good for me , changed from my mallet double bend Scottie since during my fitting it was determined that it really didn’t fit my stroke path to a Wilson Windy City  that  I had  in the closet since it was the length I needed , but my distance control with it was worse than my mallet due to lack of familiarity . I three  putted  from 50 feet  4 times on the back leaving putts 10-7 feet short .  Literally turned an easy 74/75  round into an 82 . My putting has been pretty steady but not making anything of substance for the last couple months , so after being a pretty steady decent putter for quite a few years , it suddenly started holding be back ( missed 4 easy birdies in the 82). For a 73 year old fellow that’s pretty athletic for my age that bites 

how are you going to evaluate the Edel?   Do you have some data captures for current putter performance?   What is "4 easy birdies"....putts inside of 3 feet?   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

how are you going to evaluate the Edel?   Do you have some data captures for current putter performance?   What is "4 easy birdies"....putts inside of 3 feet?   

The 4 were from 4-8 feet , I haven’t captured putting data previously but will when I start the test, I’ll take both putters to a practice area and do some comparison , I’m not a data  acquirer and don’t know many that take that much time in the course doing so as pace of play is still important to everyone behind you but I’ll do my best to have comparison and it should be apparent in total score and total putt results . 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

8 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

it should be apparent in total score and total putt results . 

I'm not a fan of total putts as there are too many other factors that influence that number.   The fewer greens you hit the lower your total putt count will be and the more greens you hit the more putts you will have.     

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I'm not a fan of total putts as there are too many other factors that influence that number.   The fewer greens you hit the lower your total putt count will be and the more greens you hit the more putts you will have.     

Well what would your criteria be ? 

Ping driver 

ping fairway

tour edge irons 

Cleveland wedges

Scotty mallet

46 minutes ago, Woodrow72 said:

Well what would your criteria be ? 

Putt make percentages by distance or Strokes Gained.   These allow you to equally compare against others to see how well you are putting and allow for comparison over time.   Kind of the standard for measuring putting. 

Edited by cnosil

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Putt make percentages by distance or Strokes Gained.   These allow you to equally compare against others to see how well you are putting and allow for comparison over time.   Kind of the standard for measuring putting. 

@Woodrow72 check out @fixyurdivot's post in the official Odyssey AI test from last year. His post links to the MGS putter testing protocol, which calculates strokes gained. I am probably going to use that protocol when I test, especially within 10 feet, which is apparently where I am weakest.

At the end of the day, you should test how you are most comfortable. After all, not every spy cares about SG, and I bet there are many that would approach a test the same way you would.

Edited by Prodigal Duffer

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I was just providing a comment about total putts making putting performance apparent.  i don’t think it does nor is it used as a standard way to evaluate putting.  If the desire is to use total putts that is fine as well, but I personally think it needs more supporting information like putts per green hit, green sizes, proximity to the hole, etc.

Ditto! I was in no way disagreeing. I also think total putts doesn’t really paint the full picture without all of the extra info you mentioned. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---